Havenwyck Hospital Employee Reviews

Coworkers help to improve culture
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 12, 2018
There are no breaks for nurses, unsafe staffing ratios, partial emr with excessive paper charting. Intake department fills beds with no consideration as to staffing or pt acuity.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
no breaks, no career advancement opportunities, poor benefits
Poorly Managed
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 6, 2018
Poor pay. Everything is about budget/money/bottom line. Administration does not want to manage/fix problems and allows certain departments to continue to do poor work while expecting other departments to fix it all. Can be a hostile working environment at times and not just from the patients. There is not much in the way of collaboration between departments.
Pros
Staff in my department are great coworkers
Cons
See above. Lots of cons
Unsafe place
Psychiatric Care Specialist/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 27, 2018
Management lack quantity of care to assist staff in daily care of patient. Poorly operated unsafe environment for staff. Improper handle situation with staff and patient.
Pros
staff support
Cons
poor management
Poor Management
n/a (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 16, 2018
Unpleasant
Poor communication among staff
Patients treated poorly by some
"too far gone."
Poor Management
Unhealthy food options
Inconsistent rules and regulations
The patients are tough but rewarding, the staff is great but management overworks you
Charge Nurse - Adult Psychiatric (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MI 48326August 30, 2018
The management tries to run with minimum so it makes it difficult and unsafe. The crew is great to work with, the patients can be difficult but it is a rewarding job.
Simple tasks
PCS (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 28, 2018
I feel management only looks out for themselves. They don't treat their employees fairly. I feel I'm constantly being micromanaged. Stressful days. No support from supervisors.
Cons
Poor pay, understaffed
Great job
Psychiatric Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 22, 2018
Worked for them and learned a lot from the job, made me employable in the health arena, experience, and there was a way for advancement. Only reason I left was because of relocation to another state.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Mental Health patients, subject to conflict
Not a fun place to work
Controller (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 22, 2018
Management micro manages 100 percent of the time. Hire with false future intent. Hired as a manager but you manage no one and do not perform job duties that go with job description
Stressful but rewarding position
Resident Care Specialist/Para Pro (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 1, 2018
Can be a very stressful position working with individuals who are unstable. Management is not very helpful and often times sit around chatting. This is a very clicky hospital. If you aren't part of a particular group of people than you are considered "out" and nothing you say or do matters. A lot of gray areas and things that shouldn't happen gets swept under the rug.
However if you can get past that. Working with people and getting a chance to help is very rewarding. I enjoyed my time there
Pros
Stressful. Never dull
Cons
Stressful
very fast paced challenging and stressful at times
Full time Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 24, 2018
As a unit secretary I had to do all the clerical duties including pull charts for the Doctors and then Transcribe the medication orders for the Nurses to pass to our patients.
Workplace
Health Information Clerk (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 15, 2018
A typical day at work is different every day. From answering phones and locating the old records to keeping up with assembly of charts. The Job isn't hard. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others.
Pros
Low cosf lunches
Cons
low wages
Decent Work Experience
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 29, 2018
I've been employed at Havenwyck for almost 5 years now. Let me tell you, it has been an experience, from being assaulted by patients to coworkers butting heads like children. It has been an experience, that is for sure. I wouldn't call it a bad one though. I have learned a lot about my professional life and where I want to take my career in the future. I have learned to be more diligent, professional and over all kind to anyone I approach. But, after 8+ years in the mental health field, that is a given. I would give Havenwyck a positive rating. They have been good to work for, but I feel, as a staff, we are way under compensated for the type of work we do. The management is accommodating as possible, but still lack in certain areas. I made some lifelong friends here, and will go back, if my future plans do not work out.
Good starter job
Psychiatric Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 18, 2018
Poor management. Top down. Great job to snag while you look for other jobs in the mental health field. Love the patients, wished the staff was more passionate about care.
Challenging work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 3, 2018
Supportive management and coworkers. Great hourly wage and sign on bonus. Constantly changing work environment provide wide variety of experience with mental health patients.
Pros
Dedicated staff
Cons
Aggressive patients can be a potential hazard.
productive and fun workplace
Residential Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Havenwyck HospitalJanuary 4, 2018
Working at Havenwyck Hospital was definitely a learning experience. I would recommend working here to people. They have good hours and are willing to work around your schedule.
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 2, 2018
I really enjoyed working there, the time was great for being a mother and a wife. I enjoyed the staff and the therapist, as well as all the residents.
good place
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 19, 2017
i enjoyed working here just needed another shift, very fair, management is very good they are there when you need them, would recommend this job to friends and family. I really wanted to stay with this company but things at home changed and i could not work the midnight shift anymore.
Friendly place to work, employee meals for $1.00
Clerk in Medical Records Department (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 13, 2017
Havenwyck is a great place to work but unfortunately my position offered no room for advancement and extremely limited hours. I was only hired in as a part-time contingent employee, so it is not unexpected. I am only moving on in order to find a full-time position.
Fast Pace Job
Psychiatric Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 30, 2017
Fulfilling job, patient care, and colleagues make Havenwyck an amazing place to work. If you enjoy helping others, then you'll truly enjoy working at Havenwyck hospital.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of amenities for night shift workers
great people to work with
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MIAugust 29, 2017
most of the employees at HavenWyck are great to be around. They work hard and are trained well. I have learned how to deescalate patients with kindness as well as look for signs of crisis situations. HavenWyck was a good start for my career path.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Havenwyck Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Havenwyck Hospital Reviews by Location