Havenwyck Hospital Employee Reviews

It's a good job to learn how to manage time in a fast paced environment.
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 2, 2019
Fast paced work environment. You need to be able to catch on quickly if you want to be effective. High turn over rate. Must be able to work independently. Culture is the best part of this job, for the most part everyone works as a team.
Pros
everyone works as a team
Cons
turn over rate is high, leaving those that still work there to pick up everyone else slack.
Horrible place to work
Psychiatric Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 4, 2019
The management was so fake they would hide patients actually getting abused by their own staff because their family work in upper management. This place is not safe for your loved ones to enter when in need of professional help!
High Turnover Rate
Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 1, 2019
Many rules that contradict each other and walking on eggshells with managers and CEOs who have fired people to cover their mistakes. Patients are not treated well either. Constant budget cuts. Staff are belittled by nurses and doctors.
Mariya Ann Graham
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 10, 2018
Okay I was a p and you should definitely come here the staff are super helpful and they love working with us and they will sit and talk to you because they acutually CARE so I definitely would recommended coming here or working
Pros
Staff actually CARe
A job that makes you hate waking up in the morning
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 25, 2018
Working at Havenwyck is characterized by being constantly overworked, given excessive tasks that make it so that you are not able to go home at a reasonable time, and having to spend the majority of your time with patients and coworkers in a very bad mood. This job uses up all of your distress and frustration tolerance leaving you unable to wind down and enjoy down time. Also, you are NOT compensated for your time off, as you are required to use your hard earned PTO time in order to have all major holidays off. No matter how understaffed your department is, you will simply have to make up the excess work and management refuses to entertain the idea of making it up with adequate financial compensation.
Pros
Cons
Too much work, not enough pay, and no advancement.
Residental care specialist (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 17, 2018
All of my supervisors were bomb except for one. And she was awful! No one (in management) wants to do anything about her because shes been there for so long but shes horrible with terrible people skills.
Coworkers help to improve culture
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 12, 2018
There are no breaks for nurses, unsafe staffing ratios, partial emr with excessive paper charting. Intake department fills beds with no consideration as to staffing or pt acuity.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
no breaks, no career advancement opportunities, poor benefits
Poorly Managed
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 6, 2018
Poor pay. Everything is about budget/money/bottom line. Administration does not want to manage/fix problems and allows certain departments to continue to do poor work while expecting other departments to fix it all. Can be a hostile working environment at times and not just from the patients. There is not much in the way of collaboration between departments.
Pros
Staff in my department are great coworkers
Cons
See above. Lots of cons
Fast paced. Stressful
Cook / dietary aid (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 1, 2018
Management and work atmosphere is stressful and unencouraging. Little to no praise for going aboce or beyond your job duties. Hostel work environment at times.
Unsafe place
Psychiatric Care Specialist/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 27, 2018
Management lack quantity of care to assist staff in daily care of patient. Poorly operated unsafe environment for staff. Improper handle situation with staff and patient.
Pros
staff support
Cons
poor management
Poor Management
n/a (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 16, 2018
Unpleasant
Poor communication among staff
Patients treated poorly by some
"too far gone."
Poor Management
Unhealthy food options
Inconsistent rules and regulations
The patients are tough but rewarding, the staff is great but management overworks you
Charge Nurse - Adult Psychiatric (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MI 48326August 30, 2018
The management tries to run with minimum so it makes it difficult and unsafe. The crew is great to work with, the patients can be difficult but it is a rewarding job.
Simple tasks
PCS (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 28, 2018
I feel management only looks out for themselves. They don't treat their employees fairly. I feel I'm constantly being micromanaged. Stressful days. No support from supervisors.
Cons
Poor pay, understaffed
Great job
Psychiatric Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 22, 2018
Worked for them and learned a lot from the job, made me employable in the health arena, experience, and there was a way for advancement. Only reason I left was because of relocation to another state.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Mental Health patients, subject to conflict
Not a fun place to work
Controller (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 22, 2018
Management micro manages 100 percent of the time. Hire with false future intent. Hired as a manager but you manage no one and do not perform job duties that go with job description
Stressful but rewarding position
Resident Care Specialist/Para Pro (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 1, 2018
Can be a very stressful position working with individuals who are unstable. Management is not very helpful and often times sit around chatting. This is a very clicky hospital. If you aren't part of a particular group of people than you are considered "out" and nothing you say or do matters. A lot of gray areas and things that shouldn't happen gets swept under the rug.
However if you can get past that. Working with people and getting a chance to help is very rewarding. I enjoyed my time there
Pros
Stressful. Never dull
Cons
Stressful
very fast paced challenging and stressful at times
Full time Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 24, 2018
As a unit secretary I had to do all the clerical duties including pull charts for the Doctors and then Transcribe the medication orders for the Nurses to pass to our patients.
Workplace
Health Information Clerk (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 15, 2018
A typical day at work is different every day. From answering phones and locating the old records to keeping up with assembly of charts. The Job isn't hard. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others.
Pros
Low cosf lunches
Cons
low wages
Decent Work Experience
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 29, 2018
I've been employed at Havenwyck for almost 5 years now. Let me tell you, it has been an experience, from being assaulted by patients to coworkers butting heads like children. It has been an experience, that is for sure. I wouldn't call it a bad one though. I have learned a lot about my professional life and where I want to take my career in the future. I have learned to be more diligent, professional and over all kind to anyone I approach. But, after 8+ years in the mental health field, that is a given. I would give Havenwyck a positive rating. They have been good to work for, but I feel, as a staff, we are way under compensated for the type of work we do. The management is accommodating as possible, but still lack in certain areas. I made some lifelong friends here, and will go back, if my future plans do not work out.
Good starter job
Psychiatric Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 18, 2018
Poor management. Top down. Great job to snag while you look for other jobs in the mental health field. Love the patients, wished the staff was more passionate about care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Havenwyck Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.