Haverford College Employee Reviews

Great company
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAJune 8, 2018
I went to school at Haverford College. THis position was a part of my work study. I love my boss and the people that I worked with. Is this enough to satisfy you all
living in the "Haver-bubble" can be a good thing
Sports Information Director (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAJune 7, 2018
Haverford people -- students, staff, educators -- work hard. They work to completion.
"Striving for perfection" is something my direct supervisor said to me once after a typo slipped through in a Web story I posted.
Six years I chafed a little under that supervisor, but when I moved to another job I routinely said things that were right out of her mouth, routinely was more prepared than my predecessor, was much more often than not ready for wrenches in situations.
Haverford and its leaders teach you to excel, teach you to be a leader.
Cool stuff
Student Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Haverford, PAMay 22, 2018
Got to meet new professors and work with autoclaving staff. Good entry level position for a student bio major. I have learned how to prepare fly food.
Okay place
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAApril 23, 2018
It was EASY work during the summer. Probably worked a total of 2 hours a day(set up and clean up) the rest of the hours was nothing. Only during the summer, during the school year is different from what I heard.
This was a student position
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAApril 18, 2018
Indeed requires that I write a review of one hundred fifty characters or more to review this position, but this is a position only available to certain students, and is unlikely to appear again in the same context.
Relaxed and Friendly
Summer Staff (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAMarch 29, 2018
Relaxed work environment with very friendly people. I enjoyed working here because everyone was helpful and we worked like a big happy team. Very friendly supervisors who are happy to help with any problems.
Student working several part-time jobs on campus
Biology Lab Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Haverford, PAMarch 5, 2018
I was a student working part-time at several different jobs on campus, including at the Dining Center and as a lab teaching assistant. Both jobs offered decent pay for student jobs, and I found that I job along well with my managers in both positions. The workplace culture varied, with the Dining Center job being much more stressful and under-appreciated by the student body. However, the staff was incredibly friendly. The lab teaching assistant job was fairly standard for a TA position, and I found that helping the underclassmen students was very rewarding.
Wonderful work place!
Director, Scheduling, Campus Center/Auxiliaries (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAMarch 1, 2018
My years at Haverford College were wonderful. A caring community, people were helpful professionally and easy to be friends with if desired. Unfortunately, the culture changed in 2010 and the college is now a business.
Haverford College was an excellent place to work.
Payroll/General Accountant (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PADecember 1, 2017
Haverford College was an excellent place to work.Senior Management was effective and respectful.My co-workers were genuinely nice people. The department functioned as a unit.
Pros
Work environment, compensation
I went to school here
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, PAFebruary 28, 2017
It was great. They allowed me to balance both my work needs and educational needs. They have a great support system and I am very fortunate to be graduating from this institution of higher education
Great summer job
Programmer/Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PADecember 20, 2016
Haverford College was a great place to go to school and the Library was a great place to work. They let me take ownership of a technical product and I loved working with everyone there.
Nice campus
Administrative & Accounts Payable Assistant (Current Employee) –  Haverford, PAJune 21, 2016
Haverford College is a great school with excellent benefits. Due to budget reasons, four positions are being restructured / eliminated in the Business / Financial Department.

I love my job which is challenging and rewarding. Unfortunately, I have to move on as my position is being eliminated.
Pros
Immediate supervisor is respectful w/an outstanding work ethic, 8 out of 10 coworkers are friendly & team players - averages out to 80% which is good
Cons
No formal training, no opportunities for advancement, no job security - morale very low, unhappy environment due to downsizing
To make sure that the students and staff received their lunch/dinner
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  320 Lancaster Avenue, Haverford, PAJuly 30, 2015
Working at Haverford College was a true experience thing, that made me get the backbone to appreciate people that worked in a dining facilities. working in the dish room was the hardest, managers including myself were fair and considerate of the employees. The most enjoyable part of the job were lunch/dinner time, we all sat an talked about our day.
Pros
Free lunch/dinners
Cons
Working in the dish room briefly
Liberal arts college that values personal input
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAJuly 21, 2015
The size of the institution resulted in a significant amount of interaction with key leaders and stakeholders. Learned about the other side of higher education and the difficulties faced by small liberal arts colleges.
Excellent work experience and skills gained
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAJuly 1, 2015
Very wonderful work experience. Your work is dependent on the professor you work for and your relationship. Very free schedule while at study. Summer work is a fantastic experience.
Productive, Demanding Yet Flexible and Affirming
Director of Multicultural Affairs (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAJuly 30, 2014
Demanding environment with high standards for students and staff. Committed to excellence, social justice and human rights. Many caring co-workers.
Pros
Recognized and attempted to support individual work styles and learning needs.
Cons
Overworked, underpaid
Great Place to Work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAJuly 11, 2014
Very nice work atmosphere, great leadership and communication.
One Amazing Experience
Front-end Web Engineer and Back-end Developer (Current Employee) –  Haverford, PAOctober 29, 2013
I learned an immense amount about design, programming, and client-software interaction during the summer I spent at Haverford. The friends I made in the office both were willing to help me learn and often asked for help -- allowing me to apply my knowledge to solve problems that were "outside" of my area of study.

The hardest part of the job was learning on my own -- yet that also was the most awarding. The most memorable part of my summer was when advisor funded travel up to Boston so that I could collaborate with colleagues at Harvard and improve my database querying abilities.
Pros
Flexible hours, could work from home if desired, didgeridoo breaks
Cons
Advisors were out of country for a majority of the summer, but still contactable.
Research intern
Research (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAJune 10, 2013
Worked during summer hours.

Great environment, fellow students were all great. Professor was fun and cheerful.

My work involved long hours and patience, but overall wasn't too demanding.
Pros
College environment
Cons
Not many people
A entertaining place to work that incorportates sports, mentoring, interesting programs and presentations for faculty, staff and adminidtration and th
Head Coach Women's Tennis, Assoc Dir of Athletics (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAFebruary 14, 2013
A typical day; begins and ends with checking my home computer for communications, updates and news concerning recruited student-athletes, administrator requests/announcements, answering communications; I may or may not eat breakfast at home or on the road to work; arrive at work, review e-mails, meetings, mentoring, committee meetings, etc, lunch on the run or no lunch, sport practices during the day, evening and/or night; I directly supervise 1-2 assistant coaches; I may supervise events such as basketball games, soccer games, etc; I am one of 22 full-time coaches in my department, I answer to one administrator in my department; the hardest part of the job to to make sure that all requests are covered and to foresee any unanticipated situations to facilitate the smooth running of the daily regimen of the department and my team; the challenge of it all
Pros
1. schedule my own daily, nightly, and weekend schedule 2. can answer family emergencies without risking retailiation
Cons
1. requests from people who are not familiar with athletic management