Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
Productive Challenging Work Environment
Network Coordinator Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIMarch 11, 2017
The Credit Union Network Coordinator position provided me with many fantastic learning opportunities that increased my technical skill set in various technologies, and had a strong culture of family and member support. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning a staggering amount of intricate bank applications and networked devices while supporting the fantastic staff and members, while the least enjoyable part of the job was management not bringing additional needed qualified staff onboard in a timely manner. Overall I would definitely rate this as a 5 star IT contract position.
Pros
Increasing Technical Skills
Cons
Not enough help desk support staff
Great coworkers. Each one of my coworkers was always willing to help
Teller (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIMay 6, 2015
I truly loved working at this company. I loved meeting new people everyday, and also speaking with the regular members daily. I learned so much there, more than any other place that i have put more years into. Aloha is truly shown there and especially thru its members. Management was the best I ever had. She is a patient, caring, strong woman. She truly tries her best to help and to make anyone feel most comfortable in a new place. My coworkers were so helpful and never declined to help me when i was new or just had any question. I was only there for 5 months and i learned so much from them. The hardest part was getting talked down to by one of my higher ranked bosses. But i learned in the end that you have to just be a bigger person and ignore the very small negative attitudes thrown at you. That was just a speck of bad in all the good of that place. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to see and talk to the members of the credit union and feel the aloha from them for just doing your job. Never did i feel like i wasn't part of the team there. If they would have me , i would go back in a heart beat. Besides the fact that i moved now. By far the best place i ever worked at.
Pros
great environment, awesome coworkers, great boss, awesome members of that credit union
Cons
rather not
Good company
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Kailua Kona, HIOctober 17, 2013
HCFCU is a good company to work for. It offers chance to move up within the company.