Hawaii Family Dental Centers Employee Reviews

Growing Company with a mind on the patient and the employee
Admin (Current Employee) –  HonoluluMay 15, 2018
Hawaii Family is a growing and changing company in the dental field. In my time here, a lot of changes have been made. Although some have been challenging, they have improved their communication and really focused on helping the staff understand why the changes are being made. I enjoy the people i work with, and the ability to constantly learn new tasks and information. The most challenging part is the constant improvement, and amount of information to learn and recall. They do offer training guides and staff that is there to help answer questions, but we do a lot of hands on training and learning from mistakes. They are open to your input, no matter your position in the company. They also try to explain why we can and cannot do specific tasks and procedures.
The dentists and staff really want to make the patient experience the best it can be, and are open to feedback from patients too. They understand that sometimes negative feedback helps to make the best improvements.
Pros
Great people, good compensation, open to input and feedback
Cons
Sometimes communication is lacking, does require some weekends and/or evening work
Good environment and team
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maui, HIDecember 4, 2018
I valued the positivity with which the team afforded one another, and the expression of appreciation toward one another. I also valued the freedom given to travel if need, and the excellent teaching that was ongoing there.
Great Place to Work
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kīhei, HIApril 2, 2018
At Hawaii Family Dental Kihei we are a great team! We all work together to make the workplace a fun , friendly and efficient environment. Our managers and providers are great to work with, they listen to your opinions and concerns and do their best to make sure that the workplace is a great environment! Also, it always feel great to know that we are helping people with their dental health.
Pros
Teamwork, communication, Management
Cons
Fast Paced, Need to deal with unhappy patinets
I learned alot and being very organized through out the day. I really enjoyed our patients most of all.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 24, 2014
Were given a daily schedule every morning so that we can accommodate our patients to the very best. Being organized, prepared, on time with schedule and giving the best customer service to our patients is priority. Making sure our room is set up ready to each particular procedure and cleaning all instruments very carefully. Management provided us weekly meetings so that all employees may be updated on issues any new information added curriculum or any problems that may be addressed. I really enjoyed our patients they were really awesome to us and gave us the boost that we needed to get us through the day.
Pros
Wekely meetings, education, patients, hours and benefits.
Cons
positive and fun working place
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIJuly 24, 2014
a typical day would mostly consist of a busy and full schedule for the day, patient comes in and out in a fast pace because we try to work in a very timely manner to avoid back ups. the office covers all the dental fields and have corresponding specialists in all the patient's need. this works very well to cater the patient because we do inter-office referrals instead of going some place else. covering all these fields makes the workers competitive and skilled in assisting not just the general dentists but also the specialists. Hardest part of the job is when schedule don't fall in the right time, or when u have to prioritize things that are needed to be done at the same time. Also, in making the patient be comfortable as possible in doing the procedure.despite all of this, it flows smoothly for the day because of a good management performed by the team headed by the supervisor, head DA and the PSR manager which makes all things funner and less stressful.
Pros
free snacks
Great Opportunity - Wrong Fit
BI Developer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 3, 2018
At HFDC the pay was excellent and the team very cooperative, but management style is very aggressive and hours too long for a young dad as myself. Poor Life/Work balance.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor Life/Work balance
Fast paced enviornment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HISeptember 7, 2017
The work day is hectic - constant phone calls and patients coming in and out while still having to complete your daily duties. You have to be able to multi-task while making sure you don't make a mistake. Some of the dentists can get competitive as they want to make the most money they can in a work day. If you don't work well under stress, don't work here. If you love fast paced environments, this job is right for you.
Love Position, Hate Management
Patient Concierge (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 13, 2016
I loved my job here at Hawaii Family Dental, but I often feel like there is no room for advancement. I felt we were always understaffed and there were too many changes made too often to even have a stable connection. Management is the biggest con of this company.
Cons
management
Challenging, supportive, collaborative
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 31, 2018
Every day the team works on opportunities to improve how we provide care to our patients. I like being able to work with all functions of the company which provides me development in those areas like marketing, HR, finance, and operations.
Pros
We laugh every day
Cons
Cant think of anything specific
Fun family oriented. So much room to grow
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  HonoluluDecember 15, 2016
I appreciate how management notices and acknowledges our skills and hard work. I moved around the company where my experience, knowledge, and skills are best utilized.

With the large number of employees from Hawaii, India, and the Philippines, the administrative staff gets to know each of us personally and knows us by our first name and even nicknames :) How much more personal can that get?

I am proud to be a part of the HFDC Family. They allows us to balance our work and personal life resulting with happy employees.
Pros
Happy work environment

Want to know more about Hawaii Family Dental Centers?

Ask a question
Great workplace
Freelance Clerical Work (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 9, 2017
Great atmosphere and workplace. Friendly, understanding and helpful coworkers and great boss. They allow flexible hours, which worked great with my schedule. Would recommend to anyone.
Best first job
PSR, Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kihei, HIDecember 6, 2011
Enjoyed the staff at the time while working here. We had a lot of fun and made work really great. I would learn a few things about the office, company, and each other. Made the office happy.
Pros
personality of the staff
Cons
not happy with management
Production driven
Operation Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mililani Town, HIMay 1, 2016
They are driven to make sure percentages are high on re-care appointments and production. I have learned how to work with at least employees in one center. The company is driven to implement customer care for existing and new patients. I loved working with the staff to better our center in general because we all were able to come with a compromise to try any implement coming from the administrative team.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Too many projects with very little to no proper training
Fun place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kīhei, HISeptember 26, 2014
Very busy the lobby can be nice and calm one minute the next it can get very crazy.
My co-workers are very understandable very helpful
the hardest part of the job is being calm and have a smile on your face.
Pros
Getting the day off
Cons
Just lunch break
Very busy, clinic style practice.
RDA (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIOctober 7, 2014
HFDC managed to keep doctors and staff very busy 5 days a week. It was the largest dental practice in all of the State of Hawaii.