Hawaii Family Dental Centers Employee Reviews

Fun and family oriented work environment
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 13, 2019
This company has been by far the best company I've worked for. When I first started everyone was very patient and are willing to teach. It's also a family oriented work place so everyone that you work with becomes like family, also everyone treats each other with respect. They stand by you, help you learn, and are willing to do all they can for you to achieve your goals as an employee. There is no better place!
Pros
Paid Holidays, Advancement opportunities
great team to work with
Dental Assistant/Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HI/Mililani, HiFebruary 23, 2019
Hawaii family dental is a Face pace woking area and you needed to be able to multi task that i enjoyed it made the day go by fast. The doctors that I got to work with were awesome.
Pros
great team that I still visit and keep in touch with they are like family to me.
Cons
low pay and hardly any raises
Great Place, Great People
Benefit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kīhei, HIFebruary 1, 2019
Working at Hawaii Family Dental is a fun, fast paced and challenging work environment. Everyone here is friendly and easy to get along with. Everyone works hard and works even harder to help each other out. That saying, " You learn something new everyday," is true when working here, you really do. That saying doesn't only apply to me, but everyone here, even our Office Manager, whom I might add is an amazing person as well. The office manager is very caring, compassionate, hard working and knows what needs to get done and knows the most constructive way to get things done. Even when making the hard decisions, our office manager does it in a way that doesn't make us feel low, small or belittle. An amazing place to work at for sure!
Everyone work as a team
Concierge Services (Current Employee) –  KiheiFebruary 1, 2019
I've learned so much working here. It's challenging but love to learn new things every day. Everyone is nice to each other and willing to work as a team.
Pros
Incentives are always good.
Cons
Fast pace working environment
I’m not going anywhere
SDA (Current Employee) –  Kīhei, HIFebruary 1, 2019
My managers are wonderful in Kihei I’m so thankful I don’t feel like I’m walking in egg shells. They are easy going and flexible to any of your ideas and opinion.
Pros
Everyone gets along well
Cons
When you have to work through lunch “lunch is life” and also bring back Insentives
Excellent Dental Office Friendly Environment
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kīhei, HIFebruary 1, 2019
I received quick appointments for a check up and cleaning. The doctors and hygienist are very professional and friendly. They made sure all my concerns were taken care of and answered any questions I had. Overall, I would definitely recommend HFD to anyone! Working at HFD I really enjoyed it because it is a very friendly and family environment with all the doctors, hygienist, and staff.
Pros
Good Pay, Friendly environment, Free Food
Best Office Manager!
Register Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Kīhei, HIFebruary 1, 2019
I work in the Kihei location and am proud to say that we have the best office manager! She is fair, compassionate, and leads us with grace. She is very approachable and highly respected by all the employees!
Fun place to work
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  KiheiFebruary 1, 2019
This company is very family oriented. I am able to take time off when needed. Staff is very friendly and fun to work with. Location is very convenient for my commute.
Pros
Fun, great team
Cons
pay
Family Oriented Fun Place to Work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Kīhei, HIJanuary 29, 2019
Lots of smiles and laughter throughout the day. HFDC is always looking for opportunities to make our patients have an exceptional visit and our team happy.
Pros
Fun team to work with, ability to take time off when needed, Corporate is easy to talk to when you have suggestions or concerns.
Great culture and company mission!
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 28, 2019
I have been with Hawaii Family Dental for 3 months now and I love it here! Everyone I work with believes in the company's mission and wants to improve the quality of life for our community. Initiatives are focused on improving patient experience and leaders always educate employees why we are focusing on certain actions. Employees are always recognized. Great company, great culture. I would highly recommend Hawaii Family Dental.
Pros
great culture, excellent leadership, room for growth in the company
Money Driven Corporate Dentistry
Benefits Coordinator 40hrs (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIJanuary 16, 2019
I think HFDC would be a great place to work if the Higher Ups weren't so worried about shoving treatment down patient's throats. Not a lot of people can't afford restorations but yet we are forced to coerce them into paying thousands of dollars in treatment that would put them in a financial bind. On top of that if they are not able to afford the treatment we are forced to apply for in-house loans that interest rates are so high even a rich person wouldn't do it. The employees are nice and friendly and so are the managers and every one is willing to help everyone out. But the second your patient doesn't agree to their treatment due to finances boy are you in trouble.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
Forced Treatment on Patients
Good environment and team
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maui, HIDecember 4, 2018
I valued the positivity with which the team afforded one another, and the expression of appreciation toward one another. I also valued the freedom given to travel if need, and the excellent teaching that was ongoing there.
Growing Company with a mind on the patient and the employee
Admin (Current Employee) –  HonoluluMay 15, 2018
Hawaii Family is a growing and changing company in the dental field. In my time here, a lot of changes have been made. Although some have been challenging, they have improved their communication and really focused on helping the staff understand why the changes are being made. I enjoy the people i work with, and the ability to constantly learn new tasks and information. The most challenging part is the constant improvement, and amount of information to learn and recall. They do offer training guides and staff that is there to help answer questions, but we do a lot of hands on training and learning from mistakes. They are open to your input, no matter your position in the company. They also try to explain why we can and cannot do specific tasks and procedures.
The dentists and staff really want to make the patient experience the best it can be, and are open to feedback from patients too. They understand that sometimes negative feedback helps to make the best improvements.
Pros
Great people, good compensation, open to input and feedback
Cons
Sometimes communication is lacking, does require some weekends and/or evening work
Great Place to Work
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kīhei, HIApril 2, 2018
At Hawaii Family Dental Kihei we are a great team! We all work together to make the workplace a fun , friendly and efficient environment. Our managers and providers are great to work with, they listen to your opinions and concerns and do their best to make sure that the workplace is a great environment! Also, it always feel great to know that we are helping people with their dental health.
Pros
Teamwork, communication, Management
Cons
Fast Paced, Need to deal with unhappy patinets
Challenging, supportive, collaborative
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 31, 2018
Every day the team works on opportunities to improve how we provide care to our patients. I like being able to work with all functions of the company which provides me development in those areas like marketing, HR, finance, and operations.
Pros
We laugh every day
Cons
Cant think of anything specific
Great Opportunity - Wrong Fit
BI Developer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 3, 2018
At HFDC the pay was excellent and the team very cooperative, but management style is very aggressive and hours too long for a young dad as myself. Poor Life/Work balance.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor Life/Work balance
Great workplace
Freelance Clerical Work (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 9, 2017
Great atmosphere and workplace. Friendly, understanding and helpful coworkers and great boss. They allow flexible hours, which worked great with my schedule. Would recommend to anyone.
Fast paced enviornment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HISeptember 7, 2017
The work day is hectic - constant phone calls and patients coming in and out while still having to complete your daily duties. You have to be able to multi-task while making sure you don't make a mistake. Some of the dentists can get competitive as they want to make the most money they can in a work day. If you don't work well under stress, don't work here. If you love fast paced environments, this job is right for you.
Fun family oriented. So much room to grow
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  HonoluluDecember 15, 2016
I appreciate how management notices and acknowledges our skills and hard work. I moved around the company where my experience, knowledge, and skills are best utilized.

With the large number of employees from Hawaii, India, and the Philippines, the administrative staff gets to know each of us personally and knows us by our first name and even nicknames :) How much more personal can that get?

I am proud to be a part of the HFDC Family. They allows us to balance our work and personal life resulting with happy employees.
Pros
Happy work environment
Production driven
Operation Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mililani Town, HIMay 1, 2016
They are driven to make sure percentages are high on re-care appointments and production. I have learned how to work with at least employees in one center. The company is driven to implement customer care for existing and new patients. I loved working with the staff to better our center in general because we all were able to come with a compromise to try any implement coming from the administrative team.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Too many projects with very little to no proper training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hawaii Family Dental Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3