Hawaii Family Dental Centers
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

Hawaii Family Dental Centers Employee Reviews

dentalpatientofficefamilyteamstaffmanagerenvironment

Good Staff workers

Working at Hawaii Family Dental Center has it's ups and downs bur overall it's a fast pace field. You need to be able to adapt to change very quickly. This job can be very rewarding at times. Our Kihei office works very well each other and we all get along.

Warm culture with lots of support

I've learned a lot about insurance processes in this role. It's a lot of information in the beginning, but it's not difficult work. Management gave me great support in my training, and my coworkers provide lots of additional help when needed. The hardest part of my job is managing the different spinning plates...this is definitely a role that requires strong organization and time management skills. The most enjoyable part of my job is the little details that make everyone else's work easier. I love working with the patient's and easing their anxieties. I love supporting my team and making their day go smoothly. The one thing I would change is the requirement to use PTO on holidays that the office is closed. In my mind, I wish that was optional, as I would choose to work most holidays in an effort to save that PTO for time when I specifically request off. Otherwise, the company benefits, particularly the employee dental plan, are great and satisfactory.

November 4, 2022
Thank you for your comment! We are happy to share that the PTO policy has been amended AND we now have paid holidays!

Hawaii Family Dental Centers insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness

Hawaii Family Dental is a fun place to work all thanks to the people I am here with :)

Hawaii family Dental has been the best job I have worked for so far in my job journey. I feel very comfortable and appreciated in this office, and can see myself being here for a long time. All of the people I work with are amazing and very caring. Benefits are great, and they do what they can to make sure you are happy with the work schedule that you need. Our boss does what she can to show us her appreciation by taking us out to do fun things around the island. I love that with this job you can only go up from where you start, there is always so many opportunities to move up and forward in this office. I have learned so much more about dental that I didn't know in just one short year of working here. This will be home for a long time and I am excited to spend many years in this office :)

Pros

Free teeth cleanings

Cons

nothing bad to say

November 4, 2022
fantastic to hear - thank you for sharing your comments about growth and also about your manager.

Best work enviroment!

Co-workers relationship is the best I have experienced working in a big office. Everyone gets what needs to be done but we are able to have fun! love the spontaneous coffee/donut days! We also have fun pizza parties!

Great Place to Work

I've been working at HFD for a few months now and everyone from the staff, management and patients have been very welcoming and supportive during my time here. Everyday I'm learning something new about the dental field and how to better assist our patients and team. The job does get challenging at times, but the team has been there every step of the way to help me through it.

Pros

great team work

Cons

high work load

The most rewarding job I have ever had!

I completely love my job and position and so thankful that I found this company. HFDC has given me the opportunity to grow from within. They trained and supported me along the way as well. I have now been with the company for 8 years that I feel a sense of loyalty with them!I have built my own team here at HFDC and I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome!

Growth Opportunity

I’ve been with Hawaii Family Dental for 8 years and have been able to grow within the company. Tons of room for advancement and opportunity! Glad to be apart of an amazing team.

Fun, Supportive, and Hard-Working Team!

I love my co-workers and manager! Our team is fun, supportive of each other, and works hard. I enjoy getting to know my co-workers outside of work during our annual bbq and other team building activities.

Awesome company with benefits and growth

One of the best jobs I've had. I have seen myself and my peers grow in our careers. Great people to work with and great patients. Highly recommend! Mahalo!

AMAZING Co-Workers and Company

Hawaii Family Dental has a great culture that fosters growth and collaboration. Everyone is HAPPY to help each other out and there are opportunities to grow and further your career! Almost all of the managers started as a dental assistant or front desk position which is amazing because they have so much knowledge to share. The most enjoyable thing about coming to work is the people I get to work with everyday!

Team Work, benefits, great team

Enjoy being able to help people. Team work is the dream work when it works. Always learning something new, Hardest part of the job is telling people to get off my desk, they want to talk story and we all got things to do. Enjoyable part is helping people get their smiles back.

November 4, 2022
You must be a really fun co-worker and BC for your patients to have those people want to spend time with you, and we think that is awesome! Im sorry that it can be distracting at times. We hope that you can find some balance between the two.

Good Staff workers

Good the staff/Providers easy to talk to and very personable. Team workWorking flow in centerFacility EnvironmentFriendly toward patient and staffVery convenient work hours

Love thus company's mission and goals ..patient Care and the best doctors and staff. Willing to train on the job. Fun place to work..they love to participate with community events and team events

Great field of work to gain experience in, not enough time to train

Although being a dental assistant gives you the experience to work at almost any dental facility, Hawaii Family Dental does not train their employees enough before allowing them to work one on one with patients. I felt unprepared and overwhelmed and this led me to quit.

Poor company to work for-Unprofessional

Very unprofessional, unethical, and a very poor company and culture. Upper management will smile at you then stab you in the back. It's all about money and less about patient care.

Honestly it was very uncomfortable.

There is inappropriate songs that play on the station talking about profanity, smoking and drinking ect. The staff is very unpleasant and unprofessional to work with. I do appreciate I learned a lot about x-rays. But I feel like my Registered Dental Assassinating career could be taken more seriously by a more professional community and or company.

November 4, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience. So that we can continue to improve each center's culture and potential, we encourage you to contact our HR team in confidence. Thank you!

Money over patient care

Unethical management. Poor training for office managers and assistants. Hygienists are not supported and are over-worked. Company culture encourages managers to lie and allow unethical practices.

Benefits

November 4, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. we would love to learn more about your experience with us so that we can continue to grow. We now have a new manager in place in our Kona office who brings over 15 years of experience. We encourage you to reconnect with us so we can learn from you!

The office has the best colleagues to work with but absolutely the worse management possible. Unenjoyable & uncomfortable people to work with.

The office has the best colleagues to work with but absolutely the worse management possible. Unenjoyable & uncomfortable management to work with. Very nice atmosphere.

They do not care about their workers.

They are concerned about the bottom line more than their workers or their patients. Pay is very low.It is next to impossible to get a raise. I was there for 5 years and did not receive a raise.

Pros

Experience working with various specialists.

Cons

Low pay

Great people

The people by far is what stands out at Hawaii Family Dental. Everyone is willing to help you and is committed to doing good work. I feel supported by my peers and have an opportunity to learn new things.

Pros

great benefits and stable schedules

Poor working environment

High turnover rate for employees. No one stays because the company does not care for their employees. Its been a while since I left, but I hear nothings changed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hawaii Family Dental Centers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits