Hawaii Health Systems Corporation Employee Reviews

Great Place to work to get Experience
Information Technology Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 25, 2019
If you are looking for a place to gain IT Specialist experience this a great place to work! I have learned so much here and am learning new things everyday.
Pros
great environment and awesome management
Cons
would love more trainings
Currently the state is in the process of privatizing the organization.
Network Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 21, 2019
While the positions can be rewarding the current upper management is moving forward with privatizing the organization as soon as possible. Once this is accomplished all of the current state employees will have to leave the facilities or lose their state benefits.
Typical state job.
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 19, 2017
Being a state job... it had it's typical government job attributes. Government job that guarantees job security through union affiliation. Job location was in need of renovation. Outbreak of mite infestation that required temporary evacuation of work area.
Pros
job security
Cons
lacks advancement opportunites
Civil Service
Corporate Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 18, 2017
Although the corporation does a great job of ensuring the healthcare of many of our rural communities, it is a State jurisdiction that relys on the State Legislature for funding. Many years, the funding as not been adequate resulting in job loses for many.
Pros
Statr benefits are good if you are able to work a minimum of 10 years.
Cons
The retirment is non existant unless you work their a minimum of 10 years.
Friendly environment
Information Sys / Network Analyst IV (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 27, 2016
FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT, options to advance. Great benefits. Working in beautiful Hawaii, however it is a limited salary working for the state.
Great place to work I wish it had been for longer!
Clinical IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Maui, HIDecember 15, 2015
Working for Hawaii Health Systems provided a variety of challenges, what made it fun was the great group of fellow employees I worked with as well as our management team.

Our bosses were easy to talk with and actually listened to us when we had concerns and got back to us with what was possible (and sometimes not possible) to do about a problem.

One of the groups I worked closest with were physicians and they were awesome! Great collaboration, fun, good sense of humor in facing our many challenges in making our EMR fit all needs. I can say nothing but great things about them and they are one of the things I miss most about working for HHSC.

If you have an opportunity to work there I encourage you to take it!
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
State business sometimes cumbersome and slow to move in
Nice workplace and co-workers
Information Systems Specialist V (Current Employee) –  Kahului, HIJuly 27, 2015
A typical day at work encompasses OMS troubleshooting, SQL/CR report writing. Co-workers are nice and hard-working. The hardest part of the job is the lack of resources required to support our hospitals. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others and knowing that what I do increases the level of care that our patients receive.
Staff did not treat residents with respect and dignity
Private Secretary (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 23, 2015
I enjoyed the environment that we worked in and loved the clients. Our high level staff were very hands off and treated the clients very poorly.
Extremely poor state health care system work environment
Director, Project Management Office (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 23, 2015
This company has very chaotic, weak leadership. Lacking accountability, integrity and transparency.

Salary range is terrible, benefits are marginal and growth opportunity is lacking.

Do not apply here. It's not worth it.
Pros
14 paid holidays per year, live and work in Hawaii
Cons
management, pay, benefits, lack of professionalism