Hawaii Pacific Health Employee Reviews

Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 17, 2018
HPH is a great place to work if you love helping others at a fast pace. A typical day at work would be non stop phone calls and never knowing what the patient is needing or what questions they have for you to answer. My Management was the best at HPH. They were very kind and very supportive to make sure all the employees knew what to do so we can provide our patients with the best care.
Pros
Positive Leadership
Cons
30 min lunch break
Fun work environment
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 24, 2018
It was nice to have this as my first job in the United States. People are friendly and work environment is like a corporate lifestyle. I love that. They train you well on what you needed to do.
Productive place to work and stressful
Transporter/Materials Specialist (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 14, 2018
I like working in Hawaii Pacific Health but sometimes it can get stressful but overall it's a good place to work. Nice people and the managers are very nice but the supervisor needs more work..
Pros
Nice people fun to work with
Cons
Short breaks stressful supervisor doesn't know anything
Poor Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 10, 2018
High management turn over....inconsistent policies and procedures that are not followed. They recruit management from the mainland that leave within 2-3 years and do not promote from within.
Pros
generous PTO, good medical
Cons
Poor management
Service oriented, superior quality of care, and management is highly fair in their treatment with all members of their crew.
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 9, 2018
I started as a Laboratory Assistant at the former Genetics Lab for Kapiolani Medical Center for Women and Children before I took the position as Administrative Secretary for the Rehabilitation Services Deparment - I dealt with Medical Claims/Insurance, Scheduling patients, coordinate patient services between physicians, Public Health Nurse, insurance, and Early Childhood Agencies, prepare reports and billing for all the therapy services provided by the department: Audiology, Speech, Physical, Occupational Therapy and Early Childhood Services.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the children feel better and improve in their daily living activities while it is challenging to be in the parents shoes who are suffering at the fears of their children having developmental delays.
The location and staff made work enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 8, 2018
The location, free parking, family like staff, and surrounding businesses were a bonus. The work was enjoyable and I was able to learn job duties for all employees in the workplace. It was enjoyable and the management provided me with the opportunity to grow.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Corportion
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 5, 2018
My typical day at work here was busy and fun. I learned how to file large records, AS4000, and customer services. Management was there for you when you needed help. I'd worked well with others as we grown into family. The hardest part of the job was not being busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was listening and respect one another.
Pros
Free lunches
I believe in their mission to be the best health care provider in the State of Hawaii and Pacific Rim
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 20, 2018
What I have experienced and observed over the 13 years employed at HPH is the dedication and engaged employees. This helps to fulfill their mission to be the best healthcare provider in the state of Hawaii and Pacific Rim
Pros
Employee Engagement
Cons
Entitlement
Fun place to work
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 26, 2018
HPH has a collaborative rehab team at Pali Momi Medical Center with open communication and attention to detail. From day one, my orientation was comprehensive and caring. All nurses are friendly and approachable.
Pros
team collaboration
Cons
not enough hours as a call in
Awesome place to work
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 13, 2018
Leadership is great. My department was/is awesome. We are like a family. Although I no longer work there I still feel like they are my extended family. Great place to work. HPH not only cares about the patients health and overall well being. They also care about the employees as well.
Pros
Flex hours
good working environment
RN Quality Management (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 23, 2017
-concurrent review of in patients daily for documentation needs
retrospective for quality initiatives within 30 days after discharges and communication with clinical, medical and ancillary to disparage outliers for initiatives.
- attend performance improvement monthly as quality representative
-review with IT on monthly meetings projects regarding quality initiatives
-Quality measure abstractions to include education of abstractors, abstraction IRR, and team needs
Pros
progressive administratively
Cons
meetings repetative
Great place to work!
Office worker (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 10, 2017
Great people and great benefits. Feels like a family. A lot of people have been here more than 20, 30 and even some over 40 years. That says a lot about a company.
it's good
Lead Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 3, 2017
a typical day at work is normal 8-5 work days. you'll learn a lot as HPH likes to be ahead of the game. It's hard to find good management. the workplace culture is okay.
temp job
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 11, 2017
it was a temp job and got given temp things to do and limited things and but i like the people i worked with they were great. It was a good start after college
Working at HPH as a Temp
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 3, 2017
My experience with Hawaii Pacific Health is different than many because I'm a temp through an Employment Agency. Because of this, I don't have the same benefits or PTO as an actual employee. Overall I've liked working there and think the environment is very welcoming and friendly.
Paramedic
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 26, 2017
I enjoy working at Riley EMS, it is a great place to be for being at a fast paced EMS service. I love the people I work with and enjoy the pace. I will be sad to move from Kansas because I really do enjoy working there.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
less downtime
N/a
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 12, 2017
I worked as a patient service representative.
I answered phones, scheduled appointments, fax, verified insurances, assist the medical assistant & doctor.
Cons
parking
Lots of interaction with patients, time goes by really quick.
Greeter (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 20, 2017
A typical work day is very interesting working in the Emergency Department at Pali Momi. There's never a time where it's boring and the people and coworkers around me are amazing. The management have an open door policy so it's nice to know that you have their support. The hardest thing about the job is when it gets busy and all the rooms are filled. We start to open the over flow portion of the department and try to treat patients in the triage rooms.
Large organization with well trained employees
Insurance Follow Up/ Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 24, 2017
Large organization that was able to provide me with a TEMP position that was then transferred to FT based on my work ability, time given to the organization
Changing environments
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kaua‘i, HIApril 19, 2017
Was a wonderful place to work. Then one day out of the blue. We were told that certification needed to be at a college off island and a few years later they changed it again and said you need the college cert. from Kauai.
Pros
Versatility
Cons
Much management favoritism