Hawaii Pacific Health

Hawaii Pacific Health Employee Reviews

United States80 reviews
● Work-life balance
Work-life balance at Hawaii Pacific Health is fun and exciting. I loved the holiday events even though as being a Security Officer we never got to participate in any.

● Pay & benefits

My pay and benefits at Hawaii Pacific Health are the best I must say for I like the that each payday week that you would earn time for PTO.

● Management

In general, managers at Hawaii Pacific Health most of them are ok and some of them only care about themselves more than their employees.

● Culture

Collaboration with my colleagues at Hawaii Pacific Health is the best I've ever encountered.
On Kaua'i, prejudice against whites is not only tolerated but encouraged by locals - most of whom aren't even native Hawaiian. They don't even TRY to disguise it - such overt racism would absolutely never be tolerated anywhere else in the US. HR looks the other way. Not recommended.
Pros
Beautiful environment
Cons
Anti-white racism tolerated, encouraged
I did an internship with HPH over the summer. As an undergrad, I expected to be treated with little respect and to be "hung on the wall" in many scenarios, but I was proved so wrong. Everyone I came into contact with was extremely friendly and willing to share their insight and expertise. HPH seems like a great company I would be happy to work with full time after completing my education.
Pros
Compensation for internship
I can’t say enough about what a wonderful place this is. People are friendly an help each other out, great pay and benefits. I work in the postpartum unit. Besides the usual politics that all hospitals go through, this is a great please to work at. It is super busy everyday so expect to discharge and admit patients quickly.
Pros
Benefits, great people to work with, management and supervisors are engaging and helpful, staff always willing to help, etcuy
Cons
Busy all the time
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
PROS: Good pay, easy transition (job movement), wonderful & progressive mission
CONS: Somewhat ethnically discriminating to whites, rare vacation time approval, repetitive work as a PSR
Happy to go to work everyday. Alot of the Team is great, Different from retail because it is a hospital. They have given me chance to show what i can do when alot of company's wouldn't.
I really enjoyed working there, the staff was freindly and very supportive. The IT team helped me learn a lot about medical systems and how they affect what doctors and nurses can do.
This is a great company to work for. The people are incredible. The family here is a plus! The pay is ridiculously great for lower positions and there are opportunities for advancement. Loved working here. People are friendly.
Hard work doesn't go unnoticed, promotions and transfers with in HPH are very obtainable. Work schedules vary due to hospital hours ,so have a good idea of time needed before applying.
great company to work for, non-profit, lots of employee opportunity to give back to the community, excellent starting pay, can be difficult to advance with out specific types of experience. fun, intelligent, and encouraging co-workers
I would go back in a minute. Great people from the top to bottom. Wonderful professionals working to provide the best care to a diverse, multi-cultural community. Very responsive and reasonable management. Was given many educational opportunities. Also offer a pension program.
Fast paced work environment, never boring, flexibility is a must as application development and customer needs are ever changing in I.T.
Continual learning and examinations are required. Work place is a fun environment with teams working well with each other. Challenging part of the job is not having enough time to meet deliverables so time-management is a must to meet demand. Most enjoyable part of the job is the staff, my team, and working closely with our customers.
Hawaii Pacific Health gave me a chance as a new grad nurse. I loved my coworkers as they were always ready to lend a hand if needed. I would recommend Hawaii Pacific Health as a place of employment for any nurse.
Comprehensive health services for the people of Hawaii and the pacific. Integrating well with healthcare transformation and a wide range of specialties.
Since day 1, company is very welcoming, my preceptor was a really good trainer. the job gets really overwhelming and workplace gets so busy but all the workers always helps each other, every time. great place to work, very organized.
Pay rates are the same across the profession regardless if you are an outstanding employee or just getting by. No incentive to do better or perform higher due to the equal pay across the board.
I loved working at the call center. It was very fast paced and challenging with customers but everyone was very supportive in helping me get to where I needed to be.I didn't want to leave but I had to due to personal reasons. Hawaii Pacific Health is a great place to work!
Pros
good pay, good training, good people to work with, flexible shifts, understanding management
Micromanage and the productivity is very important to the management versus quality of patient’s care.
No support from the management and obvious favoritism.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Favoritisms, not giving vacation or education day
Very focused on patient outcomes and quality of care. The benefits are great with ample opportunity to pick up extra shifts, become involved in the larger hospital system.
I worked at HPH for 10 months then left to work for another competing hospital system on the island. I felt like HPH focused more on employee morale and development and emphasized promoting from within the organization more than the company I moved to. I would definitely recommend HPH as a great place to work.
Management says they care about employees but they try to deny entitled FMLA benefits. They don't care about their employees. They often say they will help out when the unit is busy. But they always seem to be in meetings when it's busy.
Pros
gym on site
Cons
Lunch? probably late. Breaks are rare.