Hawaii Pacific Health Employee Reviews

Professional Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 12, 2019
For the most part HPH management team was great. The only down side while I was working there was that a lot of the managers did not know the medial side of things; causing a lot of misunderstanding about the reasons why.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 12, 2019
HPH is an incredible place to work as one of the largest private employers in Hawaii. So much room for advancement. You will really enjoy working here and the work ethic of our co workers is the highest of the ones I’ve seen around.
Pros
Good working environment, great pay, great benefits
Cons
There’s some really cool people to work with.
Dietary Aide/Server (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 29, 2019
I like working here because there’s a lot of room for advancement opportunities, also many different fields of interest to work with/around. I like that it’s close to home and also just working with some pretty cool people.
Great company
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96826January 23, 2019
The company is very helpful when it comes to learning more about patient care and being able to find and grow your possibilities in being a Registered Nurse or Doctor/PA
Great Benefits
Admitting Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lihue, HIJanuary 16, 2019
I worked multiple areas in clinic/hospital setting. I was lucky when hired at a very young age. Learned a lot from traveling to various clinics, working in specialty departments, and handling admission in the ER. However, the culture is OK, there are many rotten eggs, one must learn to avoid negativity and keep it professional! The benefits are amazing. Not much room for advancement. I'd work for HPH again because of the amazing benefits and work/life balance.
Pros
various benefits
Good company, getting promoted is hit or miss
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 30, 2018
I worked at HPH for over two years. The work culture is ok, the dress code is relaxed. Getting promoted did not work out for me. They sometimes promote from within. There is some favoritism in the office.
Pros
Paid time off is a good benefit. People use their PTO appropriately
Cons
Promotions are based on likability only.
Position requirement
Business Systems Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 27, 2018
In this position it requires the position to be very proactive and have the willingness to accept and learn to be successful in supporting the system.
Good workplace
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 4, 2018
Straub is one of HPH hospitals. This medium sized hospital is appreciated by most patients. All single rooms. Healthcare workers known for safe and compassionate care. Short distances between wards/units and hospital procedure rooms .
Pros
Medium sized hospital
Cons
Vacation approval is a problem
Hires the right people for the right job
Director Patient Quality & Safety (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 27, 2018
HPH please provides support and autonomy so you can do your best for the company. Professional development opportunities with mentorship are available.
Pros
Professional yet casual atmosphere is that makes it a fun place to work
Cons
Some meetings too long
Together, HPH is Ohana for Excellence!
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 23, 2018
Hawaii Pacific Health is family oriented, team work, focus on moving forward as a team, and never lets internal and external customers down, gives great feedback, and sees that every employee gets a fair chance at being a better person for themselves, and the company to strive for excellence. company moves as a team to excel.
Pros
Employer, Employees, and Customers/Patients.
Cons
Stress we put on ourself to give more than excellent service.
Mediocre at best
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 19, 2018
Management micromanages, many people are afraid of the “higher ups”. No advancement opportunities. High turnover rate. A lot of “not my problem” attitudes.
Pros
Employee events
Cons
Not enough managerial support
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 17, 2018
HPH is a great place to work if you love helping others at a fast pace. A typical day at work would be non stop phone calls and never knowing what the patient is needing or what questions they have for you to answer. My Management was the best at HPH. They were very kind and very supportive to make sure all the employees knew what to do so we can provide our patients with the best care.
Pros
Positive Leadership
Cons
30 min lunch break
Fun work environment
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 24, 2018
It was nice to have this as my first job in the United States. People are friendly and work environment is like a corporate lifestyle. I love that. They train you well on what you needed to do.
Productive place to work and stressful
Transporter/Materials Specialist (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 14, 2018
I like working in Hawaii Pacific Health but sometimes it can get stressful but overall it's a good place to work. Nice people and the managers are very nice but the supervisor needs more work..
Pros
Nice people fun to work with
Cons
Short breaks stressful supervisor doesn't know anything
Poor Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 10, 2018
High management turn over....inconsistent policies and procedures that are not followed. They recruit management from the mainland that leave within 2-3 years and do not promote from within.
Pros
generous PTO, good medical
Cons
Poor management
Service oriented, superior quality of care, and management is highly fair in their treatment with all members of their crew.
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 9, 2018
I started as a Laboratory Assistant at the former Genetics Lab for Kapiolani Medical Center for Women and Children before I took the position as Administrative Secretary for the Rehabilitation Services Deparment - I dealt with Medical Claims/Insurance, Scheduling patients, coordinate patient services between physicians, Public Health Nurse, insurance, and Early Childhood Agencies, prepare reports and billing for all the therapy services provided by the department: Audiology, Speech, Physical, Occupational Therapy and Early Childhood Services.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the children feel better and improve in their daily living activities while it is challenging to be in the parents shoes who are suffering at the fears of their children having developmental delays.
The location and staff made work enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 8, 2018
The location, free parking, family like staff, and surrounding businesses were a bonus. The work was enjoyable and I was able to learn job duties for all employees in the workplace. It was enjoyable and the management provided me with the opportunity to grow.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
HPH has been a great blessing
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HIMarch 6, 2018
HPH not only provides you with generous compensation, they provide you with all the tools needed to succesfully complete your required job duties. They hold skills fairs that give us an opportunity to stay abreast on all changes being implemented in themedical field as well as refresh your MA skills to ensure you are always on topofyour game. Other than the decision to move out of state, I had planned to retire from the company.
Corportion
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 5, 2018
My typical day at work here was busy and fun. I learned how to file large records, AS4000, and customer services. Management was there for you when you needed help. I'd worked well with others as we grown into family. The hardest part of the job was not being busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was listening and respect one another.
Pros
Free lunches
I believe in their mission to be the best health care provider in the State of Hawaii and Pacific Rim
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 20, 2018
What I have experienced and observed over the 13 years employed at HPH is the dedication and engaged employees. This helps to fulfill their mission to be the best healthcare provider in the state of Hawaii and Pacific Rim
Pros
Employee Engagement
Cons
Entitlement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hawaii Pacific Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2