Haworth Employee Reviews

Variety of jobs to do
Drop Zone Runner (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MIJuly 14, 2018
The company seemed to be understaffed at the time but that gave the employees a chance to learn all stations and advance also a lot of overtime if wanted
Pros
variety
Cons
low pay
Wouldn't recommend working for Haworth
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bruce, MSJune 13, 2018
No one communicates with anyone. Not an organized company at all. They expect you to do way more than you should. They have one person do at least 5 people's jobs in some cases.
Pros
Sometimes you get free lunches
Cons
They expect one person to do 5 different people's jobs
Productive and fun place to make chairs.
Assmebly and molding (Former Employee) –  Bruce, MSJune 12, 2018
I enjoyed my experience with Haworth. Learned to work at a fast pace and enjoyed my coworkers. Workplace environment was clean and safe. i worked under good management.
Members, not employees
Human Resources Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 11, 2018
Haworth has been a fantastic experience for me so far. They have been extremely supportive of my desired career change. The facility and amenities make working here a good experience.
Great benifits, and mid level pay, but horrible hours
material handler (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 8, 2018
They offer some of the best benifits, but not the best pay, raises are not garunteed, and they have a bad habit of working Monday through Wednesday 8 hours 10 Thursday and Friday, and 6-8 on Saturday.
Pros
The benifits are excellent
Cons
The hours are terrible you get no family time.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 21, 2018
If you're willing to work hard Haworth is a great company to work for. Compensation is not incredible if you are not in a position to negotiate but overall it is a good company to work for.
stressful environment when certain machines broke down
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIMay 15, 2018
i was never a machine operator so i simply helped people that were operating machines put their parts away so they could be more productive. also some sanding/finishing involved
Pros
decent pay, gym on location
Cons
worked on all holidays
Good
Hardware packer (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 5, 2018
Its an ok job. Long hours, stressful work. Lots of heavy lifting. I would have stayec but you never get a day off. And never get a raise. But there lots of different jobs.
Worked
Seasonal Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 18, 2018
Management was really really on us a lot.
Some management were pretty chill with us
Job work/life balance sucked a lot because we would work 10 and a half hours a day and overtime a lot and we only had Sunday off.
unorganized at times and hard to keep fully staffed
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 12, 2018
Enjoy working there and liked my team I worked with. always felt a little shorthanded at most. which means our responsibilities increased to cover our missing staff. the pay is alright but not fair. Machine operators that worked there longer than others are usually making much less than the newly hired in operators.
Pros
nice yearly bonuses
Cons
mandatory work load could mean 7 days a week during peak times of the year
A large company with many cheefs
Contract Sales Engineer Spark team for Workware (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 10, 2018
Like any large company depending on the department your in and the boss you have there can be good and not so good. Fun culture and work space but again I was not on the production floor.
great workplace
Seat Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bruce, MSMarch 20, 2018
a good workplace. i would most diffidently work here again if needed or wanted to. would diffidently recommend others to this workplace the job is very helpful
Good place to advance.
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 13, 2018
Haworth is a good place for opportunity, if you are willing to work for it. They have grown over the years and management has lost touch wit the hourly workers.
Pros
Pay
Purchasing supervisor implementing MRP
Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 7, 2018
In the 70's we were growing so fast it was hard to keep up day to day with the old methods of running the company. Everyone was on board implementing MRP. I gave the seminars to suppliers for providing raw materials to Haworh.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Always under stress. I watched people get fired every day in 1979.
renevation , remodel and maintenance
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2018
commercial working environment , we renovated sites and commercial buildings as well as bulit new , i was a super intendant assistant and maintained business , i learned how to assist with blue prints and building construction from ground up . i really enjoyed the challenges with this job .
Pros
company meetings, site meetings and holiday parties were exciting
Cons
Work was stress full due to deadlines and assisting contractors to keep contractors moving .
Contract Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Douglas, MIFebruary 4, 2018
Haworth was always open for improvements, suggestions, and helped the employee grow. Opportunities prevailed if the employee wanted to excel and help the company become the leader. I always looked forward to working there.
Pros
Great benefits and growth opportunities
Cons
Nothing negative
Predictable and Steady
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 14, 2017
Corporate environments are usually fairly steady, but at Haworth, it always felt predictable to me. The building itself was amazing to work in and I really liked the people I worked with.
nice place
Upholsterer (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCDecember 6, 2017
I upholstered furniture as in office furniture and helped with patterns and train new employees it was a good job the work just ran out the supervisors were nice as were the people
Good company to work for.
assisting employees, maintain access control (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 28, 2017
this campany has a whole is a great company to work for. Some departments are bettter than others. The department I worked in was a smaller unit that was in the office area. The office enviroment is cult like everyone is happy happy joy joy which is kinda off putting to new people. The interview for this position was 3 hours long and a mix of professional and unrofessional. The job itself was fine and limited in scope because of the hours. There were promises made that were not kept and the staff was quite moody at times. There is several conflicts of interest in the department and too many people think they are in charge that are not in charge of anyone.. Most departments are normal and have typical work enviroments and normal operations. The company itself has a stellar reputation and a leader of industry in the area. unfortunately my experience was not the best because of the employees in my department.
Pros
clean work enviroment, good cmpany reputation, room to grow.
Cons
mismanagement of department, promises not kept.
Plenty of overtime
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 5, 2017
Mandatory overtime constantly. Was given run around about getting hired in from being a temp meanwhile they would hire men in after telling me there was a hiring freeze. (I'm female).
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Too much overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Haworth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight