Hawthorn Glen Senior Living Campus Employee Reviews

Stay far away
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 12, 2018
They lie to you and say one thing, do another. I was suppose to have a management position and they stuck me on the floor. No one has any answers and beat around the bush a lot. The pay is horrible.
Think twice.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHMay 16, 2018
This was by far the WORST nursing job I've ever had. This place is chronically short staffed. The nurses are expected to somehow care for 64 residents each, and do it SAFELY AND LEGALLY. It's a dangerous place to work. It's filthy, it smells horrible, there's been multiple sightings of bugs. Trust me, you do not want to work for this company.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Place is disgusting.
Biggest mistake of my career life
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHApril 11, 2018
Good caring staff but very little staff. Management does not care at all about the morale and employee happiness. Unfair work practices, withholding earned bonuses, and unrealistic expectations of nursing staff.
Nurses are pushed to their limit daily and then have their bonus withheld for not finishing on time and not getting clocked out on time/ I could go on and on but just say if you have any other employment options at all, take them and stay far away from here
Pros
Facility is clean and sweet residents ; HR lady is amazing
Cons
Management and owners
always short staffed and poor managment
STNA (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHJanuary 24, 2018
I would not recommend this place if you don't fit into their cliques they will not help you. Often the ratio was 1 to 30 residents at night and you could not get help. Every week your schedule would change and no room for advancement.
Pros
Cons
often no breaks, call offs, and no benefits.
Short staffed and no help
STNA (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHOctober 16, 2017
Often had call offs no help 1 to 25 ratio almost all the time. Was a dirty facility and low pay. I would not recommend this place to anyone looking for a job.
Pros
Every other weekend off
Cons
Often no breaks, poor pay, call offs daily, nobody cares.
Secure Job, Hard to get days off and poor pay
STNA (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 8, 2017
Loved the coworkers and the residents. With it being an STNA position, it's definitely a secure job. Work is 12 hour shifts, so work 3 days a week and off 4 which is nice. However, it's difficult to get off days you request and no guarantee you'll get them. Also if you end up getting paired off with a bad STNA, you end up with 25 residents by yourself and management never did anything to help with that. Also people with less experience getting hired on was getting higher pay than I was.
Pros
Enjoyed the security and residents
Cons
Management, poor pay
A productive workplace, with a fun and outgoing work environment to work in with excellent co-workers and staff.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHAugust 2, 2016
I would go in and start my day by cleaning up after breakfast.
I learned a lot about cleanliness on the job.
The management was wonderful and worked with you when you had an issue, and helped solve the problem on hand.
My co-workers we excellent people to work with. They were fun and outgoing and made the day go by faster.
The hardest part of the job is when I would have to clean the baseboards of the facility with a toothbrush and couldn't get all the dirt off them.
The most enjoyable part of my job was not only working with my co-workers and management, it was being around elderly people. They made my day so much better to see their smiling faces and to know that after I cleaned their rooms they were happy with the job I had done.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Our breaks didn't last long. Sometimes we were short staffed.
Hawthorn Glen
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, OHApril 3, 2013
I really enjoy working with this facility. Everyone that I work with is very approachable.