hawthorn physician services Employee Reviews

great opportunity for advancement
Medical Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2017
I started this job as a charge entry level then promoted to payment poster, collector, team lead then eventually became a manger. This company was great for promoting within the company. I learned many things as I dealt with every part of the revenue cycle.

The most enjoyable part of this job were the co workers. Everyone would help where there was a need. The managers were kind and friendly.
Pros
location and advancement
Cons
salary
One of the worst places I have ever worked!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MOJuly 19, 2015
Supervisors love referring to themselves as "management", yet have no idea how to manage or treat people. They motivate by fear tactics. The VP is the little brother of the owner, and little brother needed a job. Does he know anything about medical billing? Very questionable. This company thrives on employees who snitch on other employees about silly things unrelated to the job. One employee used to watch what everyone there ate and then told they got more than she did. Funny... the snitch was the one who weighed the most! As I said, it's a very petty company. Ask what the turnover rate is there and you'll get a round about answer. No, 75% is not a normal turnover rate for a company. Training was a joke there. You were told to sit at a desk and if you had questions, ask. Yet, if you asked you were ridiculed and told to sit back down. The hardest part of the day was going there. The best part of the day was leaving.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
Supervisors are encouraged to be hateful
Medical Billing-Manager of Radiology Department (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 17, 2015
Employees are very nice and this is a very good place to work. If I didn't have to relocate I would currently still be working there.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
answering patient calls
Enjoyable work in a convenient location.
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MOFebruary 3, 2014
1) See Resume.
2) All aspects of Medical Billing.
3) Competent/helpful.
4) Friendly/team players.
5) When call volume high, hard to perform all other tasks required.
6) Variety of duties!
Pros
Location, variety, and decent pay with opportunity to work overtime.
Cons
At times, high call volume interfering with other required tasks.