Hawthorn Suites Employee Reviews

Great long term guest
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2018
This property was mainly for long term guest and you had a chance to really get to know the quest on a one on one basis, that hotel did believe in promoting within and I became a manager of the front desk within 1 year.
na
Task Force Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 25, 2018
Compensations and benefit are very poor, management was non existent. Work life was filled with drama. Job culture was poor due to the staff that were underpaid
Management can be scary
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMarch 14, 2018
When I first started there was a gentleman there that made me very uncomfortable but when he left life was a lot better I just wish that the pay was better and that we were getting more hours that's what I've been a great Improvement to this hotels
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No insurance or benefits never know what hours you will get
Better now it is under new management
Front desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAFebruary 9, 2018
During my time working at the Hawthorn Suites, which is now a Best Western, I did learn how to work with upset guests, answer the phone and write emails at the same time. This job did teach me how to multitask as well as how to keep your cool in a stressful situation.
Very poor ownership
Front desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Fogelsville, PAFebruary 3, 2018
The owner is more involved than she should be and has no patients with her employees. She does not have any compassion for your life or family. Will constantly yell at or belittle you. The hours are always less than full time, and the pay is not as good as it could be for the line of work.
I learned alot.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 10, 2018
I had never had a hotel job before, but it was easy to learn on the job. It was different/amazing to me that I got a job to get away from housework but as overnight staff, I was expected to wash/dry/fold the laundry.
Very unprofessional
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 11, 2017
Everything would be unorganized. It was just unprofessional,managers had their favorites and i never got off on time.The hardest part was picking up somebody else's slack.
Not a Typical Experience
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 7, 2017
First, there is no guest room quality controls, so cleanliness and maintenance issues are not recognized until the guest checks in.
Maintenance team is difficult. There is no respect shown to guest when discussing issues, many times with no resolution. Management has a "who cares, once we have their money" attitude.
Terrible owners but a great brand to work for if your at the right location.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Mission, TX 78572August 3, 2017
I unfortunately was employed at a former hawthorn suites which was bought out by a private individual who then fired all of the staff myself included with no notice or reason at all other than he wanted to start fresh. I guess that was his right but it wasn't right what he did to people who had dedicated years of service to that property and customers loyally. We deserved better than that especially from a brand like Hawthorn Suites.
Great place to work.
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 17, 2017
The hotel is a great place to work, you go in when your shift starts and you are set up for success when you start your shift. Communication is great between the employees. The operating system is a little tough at first, but you will eventually get it. Management takes care of you and makes sure you are set up for success. They have a huge culture with hospitality and they treat every guest like royalty. The toughest part of the job can be the phones, they will go off when you are the busiest when checking in guests. The best part of the job is the people you get to work with.
Pros
The awesome people.
Cons
The telephones.

Want to know more about Hawthorn Suites?

Ask a question
Slow paced job
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 12, 2017
Very slow and simple job if you like doing nothing for long peroids of time. The new manager fired all the old employees to hire his old ones from his last job
Pros
Cons
management
Hawthorn suites northwoods
Front Desk-Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 3, 2017
Place is horrible. Low pay. Disrespectful management/owners. Rooms has bedbugs.Dirty rooms. The owners dont care what or how they speak to their employees
housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 2, 2017
clean rooms. how mess some people are. ok they play favoritism .mixed culture. Have to climb stairs and do 16 rooms a day. Meeting new people every day
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
to much work
Thunder valley
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 13, 2017
Thunder valley isn't the ideal place to work. They never let you get weekends off and the work environment is very stressful. Managements looks at you as a piece of body and not as an actual person.
Pros
free food
Cons
no life
They are a typical hotel chain.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAApril 25, 2017
This is a great place to work to get hotel experience. They are small hotels, so it is a great place to start. Once you gain experience here, I would move on to a larger hotel.
Pros
Small hotel
Cons
Many responsibilities
Very fun place with lots of good food.
Chef (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32256April 4, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the smile on everyone's face once they've tasted my food. Also just cooking in general makes me very happy.
Pros
Fun workplace.
Cons
Not enough hours.
workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 28, 2017
learned alot of new things working for the hawthorn. management is disorganized and a lot of things they need to get together as a team. I loved working there.
peaceful workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 16, 2017
Was a nice easy paced place to work.Management was nice.Coworkers were all friendly.The work was simple and very easy to do.Work days went smooth
Pros
easy work
Cons
short hours
Nice place to work, but no pay
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TXNovember 6, 2016
Great job for a single person going to school. Low responsibility, fun atmosphere, but low pay also. Jobs like these usually hire part time only. Hardest was dealing with irate customers. Other than that, piece of cake.
business is alright
Front desk Administrator (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 25, 2016
the business is okay.
the hours sometimes work with the school hours.
its always the same routine at work so you learn quick and fast.
Pros
no pros at alll
Cons
no benefits and raises