Hawthorne Residential Partners Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
If you want to get overworked, this is the place for you
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 9, 2018
The salaries are a great incentive, but I've never seen takeovers handle do poorly. File audits are not completed, communities are not properly staffed, and only Managers are held to a higher standard.

I do not recommend Hawthorne to anyone who is serious about property management,
Pros
high salary
Cons
ridiculous work environment, high pressure, no accountability
August 15, 2018

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with the company. If you are inclined to give me a call, I would love to learn more from you so that we may make some changes. Kerri Shellman, Director of HR - 336-553-1461

Fun place to work
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 5, 2018
Great property management and a stellar maintenance staff. Residents very polite and courteous. I loved working there. Unfortunately they got bought out another company
July 27, 2018

Your kind words are appreciated. Thank you for your service to Hawthorne! Please keep checking for opportunities in your area to come back to work with us in the future!

Horrible reginal manager
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 17, 2018
Regional Manager brags about how mean she is. Its one thing to be tough and have high expectations but its another to be blatantly rude to her staff. When residents complain, she automatically takes their side even though they were caught on camera switching power off of building.
June 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. If you're comfortable giving me a call, I'd like to look into your concerns. I can be reached at 336-553-1461 - Kerri Shellman, Director of HR

My Community
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 8, 2018
A typical day at work. I always arrive an hour and half early to work, I go over to the model apartment to open, and make sure everything is clean and stocked. I go back to our clubhouse where our office is. Get to my desk I checked all my messages, and email. Then we open our doors to the public for service from 9-6 then I start my day with answer calls and sending email to new prospect that's looking for a new home. Make sure that all apartments that we show are clean. In addition to sales and marketing duties, lease consultants also assist existing tenants with maintenance requests and customer service. I enjoy working as a leasing consultant.
June 27, 2018

It sounds as though you really like your job! We are thrilled that you are here!

Descent
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 16, 2018
It was great working there.
It changes the way that you think or plan.
They just have bad policy about write ups.
The Expierence was good.
Made Me A Better Supervisor.
May 24, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. It's great to hear that you developed into a better manager through your experience with the company!

Good
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 9, 2018
The company is great and appreciates their employees. Just the compensation and benefits aren't the best.
The owners are wonderful. They host an event each year where they honor good work. It's truly a feel good environment. They even have a section for suggestions. Which do get heard. I sent one for shop reports and they implemented it before I left.

I wanted to move up and get more compensation to accommodate my living expenses. this is the only reason I left.
Pros
Great company
Cons
compensation and benefits
May 24, 2018

I'm thrilled that you were happy with the company's culture but disappointed that you left as a result of compensation. We have made great strides to analyze, survey and benchmark industry compensation to stay competitive in the market. Thank you for your feedback. It will help us dig deeper into our overall comp & benefits package!

Poor environment to work in it don't treat you fair it's cheat you out your money and short you on your paycheck for your hours.
I was a grounds keeper. (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 7, 2018
Managers and assistant managers are best friends unfair conditions they cheat you out your money on your paycheck not a good company to work for......
Pros
There are none.
Cons
There are none.
May 7, 2018

I am sorry that you feel that you had a bad experience with Hawthorne. I would be interested in speaking to you so that I can investigate your concerns. If you are comfortable giving me a call, I can be reached at 336-553-1461- Kerri Shellman, Director of HR.

A positive culture, with opportunities for advancement.
Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 17, 2018
Hawthorne does a great job managing apartment properties and providing good returns to its investors. They have a positive culture, with opportunities for advancement for the apartment staff members.
Cons
Limited 41(k) match
April 6, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback and embracing our LIVE IT culture!

Great place to work and live
Regional Maintenance Floater (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 8, 2018
Hawthorne at Residential Partners is a outstanding company to work for. They are very personable, very friendly and just a great company to work for. I would go back to work for them in a heart beat if I decide to go back to NC.
Pros
The benefits and pay is great and the people are very friendly
Cons
Being on call after hours
March 7, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you. Come back to NC!

have to learn to keep opionion to self
Resident Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  NCOctober 23, 2017
no matter how good you are your at the mercy of 3 to 4 different people. the odds are stacks against you.
there were lots of fun moments, the company do tend to treat the team with gifts and treats and lunchess.
Pros
pay, culture
Cons
odds, lack of respect for maintenance
November 1, 2017

Hello,

I'm saddened that you feel that your voice isn't being heard. If you are comfortable giving me a call, I'd love to hear your feedback. If you'd like to take a more anonymous approach, you can leave a suggestion in the suggestion box on the employee portal. Additionally, you can leave confidential feedback when you complete our annual Hawthorne Voices Employee Survey. I can be reached at 336-553-1461 if you'd be open to giving me a call.

Kerri Shellman, Director of Human Resources

Want to know more about Hawthorne Residential Partners?

Ask a question
Proficient and stable work environment
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 25, 2017
Love this place! I hate they are being bought by another company but I would never leave. Awesome work family and corporate office. They can not offer me another job with in the state of South Carolina as they do not have any sister properties here to stay on at.
September 27, 2017

Thank you for your positive words! We hate to lose such a valuable employee. Please continue to keep in touch with us and check our job postings. We may be coming to a city near you!

Horrible leadership
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2017
Wouldn't recommend working here. Worst experience in the industry thus far. Pays good but its not enough to deal with staff. Superiors made working environment extremely uncomfortable with demands and your opinion is either disregarded or regarded as insults which then gets you treated with retaliation.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Environment and benefits package
September 20, 2017

Hello,

I'm very sorry that you feel that you had a bad experience. Would love to speak with you if you're comfortable giving me a call. 336-553-1461.

Kerri Shellman, Director of Human Resources

Horrible not everyone is treated fairly
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 25, 2017
Hawthorne Residential Partners is a terrible place to work not only do they try to work you to death they don't even acknowledge the work that you do. Please stay away by all means. Take your knowledge and hard work to a company that will appreciate you
August 30, 2017

Thank you for reaching out to share your feedback. I'm sorry that you feel this way. If you're comfortable contacting me, I'd like to speak with you to learn more about your experience so that we can make some changes.

336-553-1461

The Corporate Environment was the worst ever!!!!!!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC and Winston Salem, NCAugust 17, 2017
The Regional managers are allowed to treat the employees any way they would like and upper management does nothing about it. If you are not in the "click" your life will be miserable. I was bullied by my regional to the point that I would have anxiety almost daily. Oh it all looks good on paper, the benefits and all but that's it! I would recommend that you not even think about it RUN!!!!
August 23, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that you feel you didn't have a good experience with the company. I'd like to have an opportunity to speak with you so that I can investigate your concerns if you're comfortable giving me a call.

336-553-1461

It used to be a fun place to work but there was no accountability and my supervisor made the job harder and more stressful then needed to be
Quail valley on carmel (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 10, 2017
I started out learning slot and then found out later that I was being shown the wrong way to do certain things. I was being taught troubleshooting for a.c. work and it just stopped when we got a new tech that new ac
Pros
Love the community, liked the office staff, I love what i do and always looking to improve
Cons
Lack of accountability, lack of communication and laziness
August 23, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry that you've been feeling unhappy in your role as of late. If you are comfortable giving me a call, I'd love to talk to you to get more information so that I can look into your concerns and address appropriately. Kerri Shellman, Director of HR 336-553-1461

great place to work for
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 25, 2017
I loved working at Hawthorne the residents we're very nice I liked doing my job in cleaning the pool and picking up trash and pressure washing buildings and assisting in work orders.
July 31, 2017

We appreciate you and your kind words! Would be interested in learning why you left the company. Feel free to call me at 336-553-1461 if you'd be willing to share your feedback.

Kerri Shellman, Director of HR

Too many Chiefs and not enough indians!
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 24, 2017
They have TOO MANY people with their hands in everything! I had no idea who to listen to! I hate I had to leave, I'd worked on the property for five years, at frist I was excited about Hawthorne buying the property, but after a month I had to split! Just not enough money for the headaches!
Pros
Property improvements
Cons
Didn't really know who was the boss!
July 31, 2017

Hello - I'm disappointed that you were unhappy with the changes and left after one month. I would have loved to have the opportunity to speak with you so that we could have worked through the adjustment process. If you feel comfortable giving me a call now, I'd like to speak to you.

Regards,

Kerri Shellman, Director of HR. 336-553-1461.

High turn over and dishonest enviroment.
Leasing Specialist, Resident Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 11, 2017
I will make this short and simple. If you are not in a certain click you get walked all over. With no upper management support and a hostile work environment the corporate office will leave you out in the cold. The HR department is a joke. I worked for this company for a number of years even held an Supervisor position, I found out very quickly in this company you get no support and if some one has a personal problem with another that is grounds for termination. It seems lying to residents and employees is company policy.
Pros
its a job
July 12, 2017

I'm disappointed that you feel you had a bad experience with the company. If you're comfortable giving me a call I'd like to learn more about the issues you mentioned so that we can make some changes. Kerri Shellman, Director of HR 336-553-1461.

You get what you put in with this company
Resident service supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 1, 2017
I've been with this company for a year now and been in the industry for over five. This is by far one of the best companies I have worked for do they have room for improvement absolutely we all do. I went back and read all
of the reviews about this company. As for maintenance I think the rates or probably unfair and due to the fact that a lot of the guys weren't performing at the level they needed to be. From day one they start investing money in you and continue to invest quite a bit of money all year round. Like going to corporate all expenses paid for for orientation , on-site training and whenever you need to
perform at top level, annual education training mixed in with a lot of fun. Most importantly you have support with this company if you need something anything I don't know anybody I couldn't call or email right now that wouldn't help me even if they don't know me. This company also lets you run your job with limited micromanaging as long as you're performing at levels that were agreed upon during the interview. So don't pay too much mind to all the negative reviews.

If you're a team player that has core values this company is for you plain and simple..
Pros
Cons
Always room for improvement on everything
July 12, 2017

Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate you and your positive attitude!

Horrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 9, 2017
You have to be a 'favorite' to succeed. Period! There's nepotism....the corporate trainer is the boss's daughter....steer clear of this company. No amount of money could compensate for selling your soul.
Cons
Favoritism
June 20, 2017

I'm disappointed you feel that your experience with Hawthorne was less than stellar. Feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss in detail. I'd love to hear from you. Kerri Shellman, Director of HR 336-553-1461.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hawthorne Residential Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight