Hayneedle Employee Reviews

Nice for the season
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 24, 2018
I worked there seasonally, it was stressful. But I did enjoy working there. I wish I had been able to stay longer than a single Christmas season. Maybe I'll try again next year
okay until you find better
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHMarch 4, 2018
the environment is very dusty and while benefits are provided they are low to middle of the line. The management at my time of employment was still all new and did not function very well. However was an okay place to work until I found a better job, while the income was not great it allowed me to keep my bills paid.
Pros
N/a
Cons
poor management
Great Company that Gives You a spot at Recognition
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 27, 2018
I have enjoyed working at Hayneedle. From the moment I started, the company was very open with the current changes they were under. With making sure to keep the entire center informed about the changes, they did nothing but a great job.
Pros
Free snacks, team huddles for recognition, great flexibility with hours
Cons
Can be aloof with information about procedure changes, pay between higher positions very low
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 19, 2018
I would like to write a critical, step by step warning of what it was like to work in the company, but that would be unfair to my coworkers who remain there.
Building
Online Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 9, 2018
Overall the place was enjoyable. You got to speak with so many people from across the globe. My coworkers during my training session was amazing and so was the training teacher.
Its a decent job but the phones are aweful
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 27, 2017
Hayneedle was not a bad job, but i felt overworked and underpaid for what i did for the company. They do have free food on tuesdays and fridays though.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OhioDecember 21, 2017
It's great place to work, but advancement ability is low. They will train you in any department if ask, same as the heavy equipment. This is a great place to get experience on fork lifts.
Pros
Paid time off and very flexible schedule
Would never recommend
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 8, 2017
The training was good but sometimes too fast. I am not young and feel this place is ran by young people who do not know what they are doing. As soon as I finished training I felt like I was on my own the help I had in training was no longer there and acted like they didnt know me. Workforce is very very rude. Let the young people grow up before putting them in a management position. I would never order from this company every call I would get would be from a customer who received their items broken damaged missing pieces. Then it takes you 25 steps to do a return it shouldnt be that difficult.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Working on weekends and workforce they are so rude
Genuinely cares about employees and customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 2, 2017
I really enjoyed the environment at Hayneedle because the management wants to help see employees grow within the company. They also have programs to help with schooling.
Overall not a bad job
Email Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 19, 2017
Depending on the day, you were either busy or slow. There was no in between. When you aren't taking emails, you are doing phone calls which kept you busy but their break time and days off, were far and few in between.
Tries to draw you in with their fakeness
Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 17, 2017
Management pretends to care about you but they dont. One of the main bosses cares about nothing except numbers. The only shinning star is your coworkers. I worked for support and loved my coworkers but you will be overworked and underpaid. They expect you to grant miracles and frown when you dont. I would never recommend Hayneedle to anyone. They will eventually drive you away. If you like to be overstressed all the time then you should apply for it.
Pros
fellow coworkers
Cons
management, pay, treatment, fakeness
Dispatcher
Dispatcher, Riverside (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 10, 2017
answering phone calls, signing in and out trucks,creating bol's, confirming that containers have been picked up for overnight schedule or if driver never made it. Make labels for warehouse workers to label merchandise.
Flexable
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 29, 2017
Good company to work for. Training is a little too long. Good room for advancement over time. Compensation is fair for the job. Better part-time than full-time opportunity.
great
service (Former Employee) –  NebraskaSeptember 25, 2017
great place to work - excellent pay - I am surprised at how the staff interacts with the employees (very easy to work with ) . I enjoyed the ease of getting time off .
Pros
schedule
Poor career advancement.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 31, 2017
Very poor career advancement.
Never take a job at their call center to expect to "transfer" or advance to corporate office. It won't happen. The corporate office hires primarily white male and age 23-35 off the street.

If you are able to get an interview it takes FOREVER, FOREVER, FOREVER for them to make a decision. 2 months is the usual decision time frame.
Inclusive environment allowing for consistent process improvement
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 21, 2017
A general day would begin for me a bit before my scheduled shift just to ensure that everyone was on the same page for the daily game plan. Culture was ever evolving. The one constant was change in that I worked on a specialized team, and the day's requirements were based on the needs of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to interact and build the careers of others.
ok place to work
Seasonal E-commerce Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 30, 2017
i was in a seasonal position and they were great to me while they needed me during the season but once the season was over, i was given a phone call for termination. Wasnt even allowed to go clean out my desk of my personal belongings.
Pros
wonderful lunchroom and fun atmosphere.
Cons
none that i can think of.
Amazing Place
Hayneedle (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 27, 2017
Hayneedle is a great place to work. Amazing culture that provides tons of growth opportunity, flexibility, and collaboration. It's a smaller start up culture fueled with the backing of some great organizations.
Good
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHJune 13, 2017
I learned a lot about replenishment fast pace Factory good people to work with everybody is very motivated I learned how to make boxes learn how to Pick and Pack
Kind of a fun place to work, Easy money.
Senior customer service advocate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 9, 2017
Good training program, some of the management could be faster with things, never got my badge to get in the building everyday though, the people who work there are nice, but its kind of hard to please the supervisors.
Pros
free breakfasts, and lunches occasionally
Cons
strict point system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hayneedle. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.