Haynes Building Services Employee Reviews

productive face paced
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CASeptember 25, 2018
cleaning the library on a daily basis typical day at work would be cleaning public restrooms, office empty trash cans, cleaning tables, dusting, wiping down computer desktop areas. cleaning bookcases, sweeping, mopping vacuuming floors for two levels.
I learned how to manage my time at a work place alone since we on a time schedule I learned to take responsibility for my own work if the problem was on my floor, I learned to maintain a bright outlook on the library.I like the fact that I was alone able to get my work done. The hardest I would say the time only coming home after 2:30 am was pretty hard.
Not a good company to work
janitor (Current Employee) –  Nunya,caAugust 27, 2018
Area supervisors neglect employees, they expect employees to clean with just water .then they fire you for not doing your job which is cleaning, which is really they're fault since they fail to bring employees cleaning supplies.they're the ones that should be fired for Not doing they're job! Might aswell be working for yourself on your own account since you will end up BUYING your own cleaning supplies.
Cons
Scammers and all around liars!
Night Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas Valley, NVAugust 20, 2018
If you like being compensated for the hours you worked I suggest you don't work for this company.. They will steal your hours and constantly tell you how they'll compensate you next pay period til you eventually quit.. there entire management team is disrespectful and very unprofessional.. And the whole $11 and hour posted on this ad is a lie it says $11 an hour but. Once you're hired It's only $9.50 an hour.
Pros
Cons
Cutthroat work envoirment
I liked working for haynes building services
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CADecember 30, 2018
I learned how to work in a school and how important it is and I love working around children and it's a friendly place to work you meet new people the teacher are very nice
poor workplace
Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 26, 2018
The biggest problem at Haynes Building Services is that the employees and staff are extremely under-qualified for the positions which they are placed in so in return that creates a very negative work environment and also there is no room for advancement in the company.
Haynes Building Service is the garbage!!!
Crew Manager (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CANovember 9, 2018
I started working for Haynes Building Service in October 2016 and my employment ended in April 2017. I worked at a charter school in Lancaster, Ca. I was required to sweep, mop, dust, vacuum, pick up leaves and debris, and change all trash cans on the campus. I showed up on time and did my job thoroughly. The client wanted extra tasks completed and I told him to contact the management and request for these tasks to be done. I never heard anything from management until I contacted them. Nothing was ever done to appease the client. I was lied to and told I was to be relocated to a different job site but never was. I worked on-call twice over a couple of months period and was never moved to a new permanent job site. I even tried to negotiate myself into a new job site because I took the bus to get to work but was rejected for unknown reasons. This company or anyone else working there never even bothered to contact me to let me know I didn’t work for them anymore.
Pros
I don’t work with these morons anymore...
Cons
Management not doing their job at all and blaming employees for their mistakes
short shifts, decent pay, intense cleaning and repairing machinery
CREW (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAFebruary 14, 2018
intense and heavy cleaning was required
manager was kate to the shifts a majority of the time and hard to reach,
heavy lifting required and as well as standing for long periods of time
mostly worked lone but was about to collaborate with other associates at the end of the shift when help was needed.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
irregular hours, on call
Trabajo amigable
Janitor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 1, 2018
Trabajo en compañerismo los supervisores atentos a los pedidos de los empleados.
Fun and quick paced environment
JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Biola UniversityOctober 17, 2017
I liked working there because the work was quick paced which made the 8-10 hours just fly by. I also liked working there because our supervisor was very welcoming and every 2 weeks the company would buy us lunch.
Pros
free lunches every 2 weeks
Cons
Some team members did not pull their weight
good pay,good environment ,well hours
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 9, 2017
good work environment they let you concentrate on your work and and well pay.management was good hours were well set workplace culture was good,and the hardest part was pushing through the hours.
very mobile
EVS Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  2733 elkhorn blvd North Highlands California CaOctober 25, 2017
Regional area growth northern and central California regions, culture work on my own most of the time, the most joy of the job was growing and getting to meet new customers and employees.
diffrent environment to be around to clean
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAApril 28, 2017
They move you around a lot to different areas and environment.
Don't show you around to a new place as they should.
a typical a day at work can be a little different based on every ones position or job but some what the same as we all clean take trask out and even clean restrooms etc
Pros
provides shirt from company
Cons
poor service
Friendly Staff
Custodian/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 4, 2017
The people I work with are great people. My experience here is not bad other than Where my job assignment is and the pay scale is not good at all. The people I work with deserve more pay. But in a pinch a job is a job. I am grateful to have an income coming in, but would not want to make a career here. They offer benefits that you can choose to wave due to its high cost I will be opting out of medial benefits.
Pros
A paycheck and great people to work with
Cons
Pay scale needs to be re-evaluated in some jobs to fit what you are actually doing.
Awesome job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAJune 16, 2014
8am till 6pm how to clean and make offices look new and co-workers knew everybody very nice people hard working people it was hard sometimes but over all i loved working there it was working with family and when you work with it doesn't fell like work. management awesome! the enjoyable part of the job was here is the room and i would just crack down on it while listening to some good tunes.
Pros
loved working herer
Cons
Grandfather sold the company
typical job
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAJanuary 6, 2014
the hardest part of the job was to carry heavy buckets.
And the enjoyable part of the job was to leave the classrooms clean for the students.
Fast pace job.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CANovember 19, 2015
The time goes by fast because there is a lot to clean.
Fun environment.
Supervisors are very friendly.
Everyone is very helpful.
work day
Janitor (Former Employee) –  CAJanuary 6, 2015
i cleaned offfices and class rooms and used a buffer for the floors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Haynes Building Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Haynes Building Services Reviews by Location