HAYNES Employee Reviews

Project team has not had the proper management to be successful
Lead Project Installer (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 6, 2019
Project management has been a problem for the past 5 years. Project team has had no direction from management. Project team is expected to do 70 percent of management job
Really enjoyed my experience
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2018
I really enjoyed my experience with the company. I met and made friends with my co workers and also got a chance to learn new things on the job which benefited me.
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 5, 2018
Not enough hrs to give at times but the work place was ok can't really complain besides it not having work consistently but I appreciate the opportunity they gave me
haynes.com
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 14, 2017
This was a family owned company for computer repair. My aunt owned it. It was very productive enviorment got me ready to work and interact with people........................
great place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 30, 2017
a great place to work. good people to work with and to work for great benefits. the shop has air conditioning and you start with paid vacation from day one.
Pros
air conditioning
I loved this job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 23, 2017
I helped customers with their purchases. Everone loves choosing new furniture. I would set up finance orders on the register, ring up customers orders, and earn commission,
Pros
You get a discount
Cons
Commission base job
Typical Work Day
Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 20, 2016
My typical worked day was unpredictable. I worked as a contractor for the Department of State where our primary goal was to process invoices and voucher for their customers. We paid everything from utility bills to employee travel reimbursements. My task might be to get and invoice processed quickly or to prevent one from getting processed incorrectly. I was also the team lead for a staff of twelve people. I answered all of their questions, and I prepared reports for management. Lastly, I was very instrumental in contributing to the implementation of the paperless invoice process.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Expense healthcare
Very independent and many opportunities
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 4, 2016
The work environment is laid back, the managers are very understanding, and the room for growth is ideal for entry level to management. The contract that I was on ended and would love to work with them again.
Ease of work
In-Field Quantitative Market Researcher (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, PAJuly 20, 2016
Work was not very demanding and it was easy to set my own schedule, it required accuracy and being on time but besides that it has been a great experience.
Pay is horrible for the work you do
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Newport news, VAOctober 25, 2015
I thought this would be a great place to work since the job ad said you could make $75,000 a year. However, this is not the case. The pay is so bad. There is a lot of down time which makes the job really boring. You only see a couple customers during your shift. If you don't sell, you don't get paid or you go into deficit and have to pay the company back. I would not recommend working at Haynes.
Pros
Cons
Horrible pay, long hours, frustrating job
down home country people nice if you stay working
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNAugust 14, 2015
Haynes co. is great workplace and I have known the ceo for a long time. I loved working there but the pay was not what I thought I should make. Great place to start if you want to get your feet wet in the field.
Not a great place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 26, 2015
This place sells bad items and the way it treats its customers is wrong. They sell customers cheap items that break before they get to their homes and the system in place to help them is not a good one.
Pros
Cons
the whole company
Hayes Landscaping
Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Melissa, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Working with the company was a great job. A day at work was great sometimes long, my co-workers were very nice and easy to get along with. The management was great always friendly which made the day worth coming in. The most enjoyable part of the day was looking at the work we had accomplished.
Pros
working and making friends
Cons
didnt like having to pay for repairs on company trucks
driver (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXDecember 10, 2014
the management was poor felt like they had no clue how to mgr. a company
Pros
liked the opertunty to traval
Cons
the company should be responsible for all repairs on the truck not the drivers.
This organization has a successful and cohesive team environment that is dedicated and driven.
Team Leader/Public Accounting Consultant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 13, 2014
Working at Haynes, Maufus and Davis, PLLC has been an excellent growth and learning tool. The exposure to multiple companies across different industries has been fascinating. The environment is fast paced and deadline driven yet at a slow enough pace to do an assessment and improvement of self. Project and time management have been an excellent acquired skill. The toughest part of the job was managing conflicting deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was the emphasis on collaboration within a team environment.
Pros
The involvement in multiple projects
Cons
Job/Work life balance
The company had many turnovers on management and very seldom rewarded their faithful employees.
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LASeptember 11, 2014
I am at work at 5 A.M. Breakfast area opens at 5:30 A.M. Workers that were staying there had to be at work in a limited time, so I made their day begin with ease and pleasure.
i learned more of how dealing with the public can be tough. They are human, and everyone has a bad day; just smile and give them a nice hello to change their bad feeling to good.
The hardest part of this job was the massive cleaning attached to the breakfast area; specifically mopping.
I enjoyed being my own boss. I still had to perform my job well, and how to be accountable for responsibility that was given me.
Pros
Meeting people of different cultures
Cons
There was no advancement, and not the best pay
got good money
Insources (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCJuly 23, 2014
made a good amount of money and learned new skills, it was a fun enviroment
Good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 2, 2014
While working there is was good, there was just no job security. Also from that everything else was great.
Pros
I was still able to have a life out side of work.
Cons
No job security
Productive and Educational
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 4, 2014
As a law student, this firm provided me with an excellent learning experience. Also, the two lead attorneys were both knowledgeable and personable.
very pleasant work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 11, 2014
This was a great job to have. I was able to provide my customers with the service they wanted in an exciting environment, but it was a commission base work place and at times there was few clients.
Pros
Discounts were great