Hays County Employee Reviews

good place to work
Maintance Technician (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 24, 2018
work orders all day long time goes by fast great people that work there everyone there is like family that's where I learned my people person skills from there
benefits
Cons
people go and come
n/a
Juvenile Detention Officer (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 22, 2018
I do not enjoy working with people that are rude nd don't have my back people here don't care about no on but them selfs very sad to see the issues that go on here
Pros
free meals
Cons
10 minute breaks that should be 15minutes
Great Benefits
Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXApril 19, 2018
The benefits package is top notch - specifically retirement and health insurance. Lots of paid holidays and vacation time. Employees really care about helping people in the community.
decline to say
Network Architect (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 22, 2017
I am not willing to say anything good or bad about Hays County. I am not pressured to not say anything god or bad against or for the County Of Hays, Texas 78666.
Jso
Juvenile Supervision Officer, F/T (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 2, 2016
The environment is in a paramilitary setting. Take the position seriously and be able to use protection techniques efficiently and affectively with the general understanding that you will be securely contained with the detainees for up to 8-12 hours. Management positions come quickly so observe and learn quickly. Co-workers are great. Male and Female officers work with same gender detainees.
The hardest part of the job may be the hours, the seclusion and possible threat levels (medically and physically).
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the success of the program and not seeing the detainee return.
Pros
Success in Rehabilitation
Cons
High Turnover rate
A learning experience
Juvenile Supervision Officer (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXApril 23, 2015
The experience I had at this company was overall pleasant, but had it's downfalls. I learned a lot about myself and what I can become. One of the biggest downfalls is that this profession has a high turnover rate, and because of that, it is really difficult to have a personal life outside of the facility.