Hays County Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Jso
Juvenile Supervision Officer, F/T (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 2, 2016
The environment is in a paramilitary setting. Take the position seriously and be able to use protection techniques efficiently and affectively with the general understanding that you will be securely contained with the detainees for up to 8-12 hours. Management positions come quickly so observe and learn quickly. Co-workers are great. Male and Female officers work with same gender detainees.
The hardest part of the job may be the hours, the seclusion and possible threat levels (medically and physically).
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the success of the program and not seeing the detainee return.
Pros
Success in Rehabilitation
Cons
High Turnover rate
A learning experience
Juvenile Supervision Officer (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXApril 23, 2015
The experience I had at this company was overall pleasant, but had it's downfalls. I learned a lot about myself and what I can become. One of the biggest downfalls is that this profession has a high turnover rate, and because of that, it is really difficult to have a personal life outside of the facility.