Hayward Industries Employee Reviews

Relaxed, Reliable,
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 27, 2019
The work place was upbeat, the communication was prominent and conveyed all though the warehouse and the safety equipment was robust and the employee's was very sound mentally..
Pros
Break at Forklift operator discretion.
Cons
Not enough Hayward warehouse..
Energetic work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCDecember 9, 2018
working different machines every night made nights go by pretty fast. Learning new machines and products is also a very interesting part of the job in the molding department.
Pros
easy work
Cons
short breaks
it's a good company to work for
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 6, 2018
Can't get off second shift. the company has great benefits. The 401K is good. If you are a full-time employee you have steady work, the vacation is different than any other job I've ever had you have to earn it and they give it to you hours per week so I kind of teaches you the Savior hours up
A successful manufacturing company that continues to grow.
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 6, 2018
A typical day in HR can vary from day to day so you learn to expect anything from a benefit issue, paycheck issues or personal issues.

You learn how to listen to the needs of employees and what is expected from your superiors so you learn how to multitask. Your main goal is to be there for your employees to help them with their problems and issues.

Management allows you to openly communicate the needs required and the opportunity to voice your opinion.

I started with very little work experience but was given the opportunity to train with great managers and co-workers who helped me advance my position within the company.

The hardest part of working in HR is not being able to resolve an issue as quickly as you would like to and the best part is when an employee or family member lets you know how much they appreciate the help and dedication you provided to resolve their issue.
Pros
Great benefits, gym and tuition reimbursments, discount programs
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  North Kingstown, RIOctober 5, 2018
I loved the job and loved working at a fast pace. Love the people and loved to teach new hires.I was with the company for 15 years. Saw lost of people come and go. I started out as a temp and worked as a temp for a year before I was hired. That's ok because I did not mind proving myself.The reasons I left the company was personal family related issues. Was planning to move to Georgia but those plans have changed. Now I'm looking for new experiences and new Adventures.
Pros
Good hours plus some overtime
Cons
Travel Tiime
A Lot of Potential Poor Mgmt
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 20, 2018
Privately held company that put a friend of the family in charge who knew a lot about law but little about running a business. I assume it has turned around.
Stable company.
First Article Inspector/CMM Programmer (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCSeptember 8, 2018
Stable company. Had a strong product line. People were good to work with and the health benefits were good. Training was helpful and some tools were available to do the job.
Pros
401-K. Health benefits.
Cons
hours long.
Good Company
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 7, 2018
I enjoyed working with team members who smile and cheer on their team to promote business. Also, Staffing is on point with products and materials. However, I concluded few team members who compete against each other for their own incentive. Hayward needs to improve on balance of team playing.
Pros
Managment and supervisors observe staff on company growth
Cons
not enough supervisors on shifts to ensure work flow matters
Fast paced
Packing and Shipping (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 16, 2018
It was a fast paced job , you’ll get your 40 hours , every week the bad thing about it was it was temporary, which mean you’ll never know when your session could end .
Hot as heck in there, but liked co-workers and managers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCJuly 24, 2018
I was a temp there so my experience may be different the perm employees. Injection molding machines give off a ton of heat. The temperatures are inhumane in the plant. That's why I left, it's over 90 degrees on the floor at least. Perm employees only get 12 HR with below average benefits , they nickle and dime you with crumbs for a raise like 10 cents a year or something like that. Most stations are very easy work, taking parts out of machine and putting them in a bin, and most are very light weight. Lunch is 20 mins and then your 2 10 minute breaks that are too short in my opinion. A lot of wanna be thugs with with some good ol boys but everyone seemed to get along. Managers are great.
Pros
Managers, easy work, no heavy lifting expect a couple stations
Cons
Ridiculously hot, below average pay and benefits, short breaks, not much room for advancement
nice play to work
Technical Service Respresentive (Current Employee) –  Clemmons, NCJuly 8, 2018
great place to work. great people. Needs to work on work life balance. Spend more money in paychecks and less money on lunches and dinners out. Listen more to employee suggestions and move into the 21st century
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Work / life balance. Behind the times with technology
Was let go because supervisor saw me eating
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCJune 27, 2018
Hayward isn't a terrible job it's actually pretty laid back and you can learn a few things. However coming in as a temp you get treated as a peasant and no matter how hard you work and come in every day on time they still will let you go for something as petty as eating a few French fries. It was very hot and the machine I was running was on pause because we were too backed up so I sat down for a sec ate some of my food to get a lil energy because I was tired and the supervisor had a problem with that I guess cuz I didn't jump up and act like a slave when he walked by
Pros
None just a job
Cons
Management short breaks not much afvancement for minorities
Decent pay, horrible job culture and safety
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NC 27012June 27, 2018
Hayward gave me the ability to advance quickly and prove my worth, and gave decent benefits and pay for the average worker. This being said, I was underpaid for my job, the safety of the complex was abysmal, the management and by extension the rest of the staff were apathetic and not driven at all. A lot of issues with time management, bad parts, people not following the rules, safety issues not being addressed, unrealistic expectations and focus on the wrong areas/problems/concerns. Overall, there is a large problem with the structure of management and the way they approach taking care of the production as well as their employees.
Hayward, an honest opionion
Technical Service Contact Center Team Leader (Current Employee) –  North Kingstown, RIApril 20, 2018
In the past, Hayward has been a good place of employment, though there isn't room for advancement unless you are a friend of a friend, or a relative to management. New corporate owners, with strong indications that they will be laying off anyone close to retirement to make room for a younger body of employees as per the letter by CEO this week. Certain departments are very gender specific. In an unfortunate chain of events over the last 2 years, it is sad to say that a very cohesive work environment, has now turned for the worse. Inadequate training's further the stress level on the customer service/technical service departments. product and product development has regressed, even with all the newer products being prematurely pushed out. The products have become substandard and difficult to operate for may consumers. This has led to a constant influx and turn over of engineers. The enjoyable part is that Hayward, at this time still has company BBQ and a Christmas dinner for most employees yearly. And the location is beautiful on the water. They also do provide decent wage compensation and benefits. But their strongest assets would be the people working for Hayward, there are many truly decent, dedicated people here. I wish only the best for this company, and hopefully, it can become a company that produces a better, working product line, and a more advocate based company for it's employees again.
Pros
Lunches, Summer BBQ, Christmas dinner, and ocean view
Cons
Poor product quality, constant staff turn overs all departments, inadequate training, management isnumber friendly, and not team friendly
Good potential for growth - if process improves
Team Lead /Senior Software Engineer/Architect (Current Employee) –  North Kingstown, RIApril 18, 2018
Hayward is a good place to work. People are generally nice, pay is decent and benefits are not bad at all. Overtime is rare, managers are not pushing people around and relations between people in the company are friendly.

As long as you do your job responsibly and on time, you will most likely be happy at Hayward.
Pros
Cons
Projects take longer to complete than they should
productive fast pace work place
Cherry picker operator (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCMarch 13, 2018
its a good work place just not enough working hours but the work enviornment is great ..i got to do what i really love to do and thats forklifting and my co-workers were great
Pros
forklift
Cons
not enough hours
Good quality products
Chief Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCFebruary 28, 2018
Good camaraderie, product line is complete and well known in the market. Strong name in the industry.
Product development need more accountability to deliver to industry standard.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Lack of accountability
Productive, good community
Design Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCJanuary 30, 2018
Hayward is a vertically integrated company that works together very well. It is a good work environment that encourages hard work and provides opportunity for advancement.
Meeting and making new people n friends
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Denny, CAJanuary 24, 2018
Good environment good people to work but always short of employees. We always work hard but no appreciate to employees. Managers not even staying for year
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Have to take 30 mins break even working for 5 hours there we lose 1/2 hour
Stressful
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCJanuary 22, 2018
Management and Human Resources do not have the employer best interests . If you need a job apply don’t let how I feel stop you. Hopefully you’ll get the job
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Racist

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hayward Industries. Our community is ready to answer.