Haywood Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

To much favoritism
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCJanuary 31, 2019
A good place to work if you are in good with the directors or your boss. Definitely play the favorite card with certain ones. Most of the people are nice to work with.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Short lunches, favoritism
Excellent hospital to work in
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCJanuary 26, 2019
Well managed, good patient nurse ratio. Great staff that works well together. I would recommend this hospital anytime.

The staff nurses work as a team.
Pros
Good schefule
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCOctober 6, 2018
Haywood Regional Medical Center has been my second home for 17 years. I have been through several administrative changes. Also, gone through some merges/ been sold a few times. Been frustrating at times. Worked with some really great people over the years. Enjoyed my time here.
Pros
Pto, free tickets, discounts, activities
Cons
Sick time, no room for hospital meetings (the cafe gets taken)
Good co-workers
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Clyde, NCOctober 6, 2018
It's been my second home for many years. Alot of administrative changes have occurred in that time. Also, they have merged/been sold a few times. The changes get frustrating at times. . I've enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Sick time
Summary
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCOctober 5, 2018
Great co-workers to work with. The benefits were great. I had no experience in medical records and was hired given a great opportunity to advance in the job.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Good dependable employment; swing shifts
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCJuly 24, 2018
My time here was positive; opportuniites to move into other positions are frequent, depending on your own individual experience and education; my boss at the time was phenomenal; moderate turnover rates (as can be expected in a medical setting)
Haywood Regional - BHU
Internship responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCJuly 4, 2018
I spent my first internship with the team about a year ago, and I learned quite a bit (at a very accelerated pace). The multidisciplinary team was amazing, and all prided themselves on the best possible client care.
No way!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCJune 17, 2018
Do not work here! No advancement opportunities and management is abysmal. Will fire sick people! I cannot fathom a more horrible workplace than this one.
ER Registration
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCMay 29, 2018
the management of the human resources was very misleading.
other then that it was a job. it was verifying different insurances and offering self pay patients credits.
Average environment for a traveler
RN Circulator (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCMay 2, 2018
Had only interim supervisor. Short staffed....used travelers. Recent change in ownership of hospital. Expensive lodging due to tourism.
Very competent staff. Friendly, helpful.
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
disorganized
poor company culture, very poor management, serving terminally ill very rewarding
Intake, referral, triage RN for Hospice patients (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCMarch 26, 2018
disrespectful management, encouraged gossip and favoritism
most enjoyable part of job was helping dying patients and their families to cope with terminal illness and to ensure comfort and care with a laser focus on the needs of the patient.
Pros
serving terminally ill patients and their families
Cons
poor culture, poor management
great assistance from management
PCU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, NCJanuary 1, 2018
great assistance from management, great workplace culture, learned a lot in regard to cardiac and respiratory issues, fellow nurses are always available to help
Fast Paced and Organized
LPN Staff Nurse/ Ortho and Hospice (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCDecember 23, 2017
I loved working and would go back however I had to relocate due to job advancement. This hospital is organized, the patient to nurse ratio was manageable, and if we were short staffed everyone worked together. I truly enjoyed working here.
Pros
Good hours/12/36
Cons
Enjoyed the job but salary and management not great
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCNovember 21, 2017
New mgt. puts great emphasis on profits. Management is remote and communications are poor. Salaries are not competitive. Workplace culture needs improvement. Helping others is pleasant.
Pros
Some good people and helping people.
Cons
Very profit-oriented. Poor communication; Remote management.High turnover.
Its a hospital
I work here (Current Employee) –  This is my jobNovember 8, 2017
It is hard to balance a service to the public. It is hard to work in a company for the public. Over all the hospital is a good place to work. Just remember to leave work at work.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Lack of employee to management communication. Treatment of staff.
Enjoyed and excellent work enviroment on the front line.
Medical Social Worker/Discharge Planner (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCOctober 17, 2017
We were able to develop discharge plans in a timely, caring manner. Front line staff worked well together and were truly concerned for the patients and community.
The hardest part of the job was leaving it due to workforce reduction.
Disorganized/Poor Management
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clyde, NCOctober 1, 2017
Patient to nurse ratio is too much...it is an overload, burnout is expected. Forget about having time for any therapeutic relationship with patient. There will be many days you will be fighting tears because you can't keep your head above proverbial water.
Benefits are not bad...dental not good but other is okay. Health insurance is pretty restrictive as to which providers can be seen (i.e., hospital network providers have lowest deductibles).
Turnover in management and lower level employees is heavy.
Pros
Cafeteria discount
Cons
Space/equipment issues
Energetic work culture
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCAugust 3, 2017
As a home health agency, the workload can vary a great deal. Management has changed since my time with Haywood Regional Home Health, so I am not in a position to assess the present situation. However, if it even approximates the time I worked there, then HRMC HH continues to be a terrific place to work.
Support staff members were attuned and attentive to the needs of therapists working in the field. My concerns and questions were handled quickly and thoroughly. I especially appreciated my colleagues. We shared ideas and resources readily and supported one another so that each team member performed at optimal levels to meet the agency's and the patients' needs.
Pros
team ethic, good work culture
Cons
inconsistent workload
Excellent work culture
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clyde, NCJuly 13, 2017
I have worked as an RN on two very different units in the hospital. The first, was very fast-paced, high patient-nurse ratio and in my opinion unsafe. Despite this, the nurses and staff worked very well together and you could always count on your co-workers to help and support you. I transferred to a different unit. The work culture is still wonderful and I feel much safer in my role with a different population of patients. Management on this unit is excellent. Our Director has implemented some very critical routines and has provided us with extensive education opportunities. I am thankful that I started my nursing career at a small, community hospital such as Haywood Regional. The only reason I would leave would be because of my commute.
Pros
Work culture and community
Cons
Staffing ratios
Mostly service oriented.
REHABILITATION SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCMay 28, 2017
I enjoyed working in registration and seeing different patients each day in out patient registration. I enjoyed my coworkers and I was very good with the data entry.