Hazel's Hot Shot Employee Reviews

Owner Operators Please Beware/ $1000 or less a week
Hot Shot Gooseneck Driver (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 9, 2019
This company has very cheap rates, its not profitable for owner operators. They don't have enough works to keep you busy on a daily or weekly basis. In an effort to find work, the get super cheap broker freight and once the company tales their percentage... The owner operators are left doing all the work, paying all the expense and making minimal pay. Plus to not it all off... They want drivers to take all loads but won't tell the driver what the load pays... Then after you take the load you find out on pay day that you drove 200 miles only to make $250. 👎

Don't waste your time or fuel.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Can't make good money
Official response from Hazel's Hot Shot
February 18, 2019

Hello,
We are sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience with us. We do our best to keep our drivers as busy as possible, even during the slower season. Our owner/operators are paid the same commission percentage on every load they perform for us. We encourage you to speak with your manager about any issues you might be having regarding your work or pay. Thanks!

Just a stepin stool JOB
EMPLOYEE Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 2, 2018
NO paid holidays NO PTO NO BONUS incentives other then $100 For clean D.O.T inspections Just no future at all make pretty good money SOME times some weeks you won't make much it's like when you want work it's not there when you don't want it it's there AND WORST OF ALL NO RAISES AT ALL NO evaluation process your were you are at in pay and that's it like I said before NO FUTURE HERE AT ALL just a steppin stool JOB to get you by till you find BETTER
Pros
Money is decent but don't make up for lack of BENEFITS
Cons
VERY HIGH insurance NO paid holidays NO PTO 401k isn't even guaranteed and NO RAISES
Official response from Hazel's Hot Shot
February 18, 2019

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. We do offer paid vacation and a variety of other benefits, including but not limited to medical coverage, vision, dental, cancer, 401k, and short term disability. Additionally, we offer performance and referral bonuses, as well as sign on bonuses to our employee drivers. We are terribly sorry that you felt as if there was no chance for a raise at our company, as we do evaluate our drivers on a regular basis to determine if a raise is warranted. We strive to be a preferred place of employment, and we are sorry you did not agree.

It was a decent place to work
Carrollton, Tx - Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 22, 2018
It was a decent place to work, great people and management looked out for us. Lunch hours where great and lasted an hour. Place to learn something new.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Receiving/Shipping Department closed down
Not what I thought it would be
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 16, 2017
I was expecting a job that offered promotions and advancement, received none. I expected acknowledgement and respect, to be valued, I was not. They are more concerned with titles & status than the people that actually do the work. They are treated unfairly and never thought of for advancement.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Poor company culture, status division, non-inclusion, etc
Only what you make it
Contractor-Owner Operator (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 5, 2017
This job is only what you make it due to it being Owner Operator but mostly I have a Great staff that keeps me busy. You can make a good living with this job.
Pros
Good money to be made.
Cons
No healthcare