HAZEN AND SAWYER Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Would not recommend
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJuly 7, 2018
No comment hostile environment nothing else to say about this job except most of the engineers appear to be so miserable for some reason not friendly at all many have horrible attitudes and are not all that helpful
What I learned
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMay 28, 2018
I have learned alot at hazen. Hazen has thought me to think outside the box. Figure things out even when I do not have a solution ready in my head. I was a good way up for me,.
Productive and fun workplace with great coworkers
Structural Designer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 6, 2018
I really enjoy working here. The atmosphere is great and The engineers are collaborative. The work load is great and the work is great for the most part. I really enjoy it here.
Provides valuable skills and and insight about the industry
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 24, 2018
Working with real engineers was fantastic. All of the employees were incredibly willing to lend a hand and teach as long as you ask questions and put in an effort.
Productive and fun working environment
Structural Designer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 16, 2018
It was a great place to work. The environment was fantastic and most of the coworkers were fun to be around. The engineers were very good and helped tremendously.
Great Intern Opportunity
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
I interned at Hazen & and Sawyer during college and everyone was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. It was unfortunate that the position was temporary as it was a wonderful experience.
Pros
Learning Experience
Cons
Travel
Good career choise
Assistant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 23, 2018
Great place to work, but includes the typical challenges of work/life balance inherent to any consulting career, as well as politics that are more visible as one advances through his/her career.
Pros
Great benefits, flexible working hours during low-key work periods, friendly employees and work atmosphere
Cons
Expected to "donate" employee's free time for job security, can be stressful leading up to deadlines and during high-volume work periods, management varies widely in ability to communicate effectively with younger staff.
Fast-Paced, Growing Engineering Firm
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 11, 2018
Hazen and Sawyer is a well known engineering firm that focuses on just water, and we do it very well. Unlike some of the big box firms, we only work on water related projects.
The best part about my job are the people I work with, both within the company, and the clients. The hardest part is meeting deadlines and trying to fit everything in.
Fun workplace, - Serious about deadlines
Lead Document Controller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2017
Deadlines are very important, its all fun an games until someone drops the ball. Management is behind you however, not very closely. Need to be assertive.
Pros
Free food!
Cons
no sick days
Premier company has severely declined in recent years
Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 4, 2017
Was the premier company in the fresh water and waste water industry, but had severely declined in recent years. Primary focus used to be to produce the best possible product, whether design or construction management, but now the focus is on maximizing profits. Quality has greatly diminished.
Pros
Interesting and challenging work.
Cons
Very poor management support.
Great people
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 28, 2017
The people make the company and Hazen and Sawyer attracts the best. The work we do helps protect the environment and public health.
Pros
Solid benefits, great coworkers, important and exciting work
Cons
Work can be challenging, hours can be long
very professional workplace
Civil Engineer Company (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 18, 2016
great co-workers,fun,attention to detail,hardworkers they really love what they do. this work a temp position and they welcome me with a great smile every morning.
Good Place to Work
Structural Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 2, 2016
Understanding of shortcommings of unexperienced engineers. Higher ups are willing to work with you. Would take job here if full time position were available.
Fun people but under new management
Print Shop/Supervisor technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 7, 2016
The company is making a lot of a changes, mainly for the the stock holders benefit. I guess you could say that people use to have names now they are just numbers.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
If you are not in the Click !!! OH WELL!!
a
Electrical Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2015
egin most days by coming in to the office early to make sure everything is ready for our first patients: this includes walking the doctor through his schedule, and looking through our office scheduling system to check for any changes. I do a similar task at the end of the day: I respond to any messages in our scheduling system, and walk the doctor through the plan for next day. The the majority of my duties include assisting patients, both in person and on the phone – I schedule their appointments and help address any issues. For example, when a patient calls with a last-minute concern, I work with the patient to find a time for them to come to the office as soon as possible. This pattern is similar most days of the week; however, one day a week, I lead a staff training seminar on a variety of topics, ranging from effectively communication with patients to new health protocols. This is a new duty I actively sought out as a way to improve my leadership and presentation skills.
fun, great place to work, nice co-workers
Marketing Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 2, 2015
Hazen and Sawyer is a scientific and engineering company specialized in water plants. My job consisted in the making of proposal to remodel or build water plants for different cities. We needed to make the proposals with great graphics and illustrations. My job was fun as well as demanding.
Pros
Learn a knew thing everyday, great team of co-workers
Cons
Have to work many nights
Work place
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2015
To much negative attitude amongst upper management.
If you wasn't taking news to management there be new growth for you in the company.
Good company to work for; good people
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2014
Great place to work, at least where I am.
Very knowledgeable and good people to work with
Very flat organization.
Almost no guidance for advancement.
Black box approach to benefits/raises/advancement.
Challaging
Instrumentation & Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2014
Figure out and execute work plans
Much interaction was healthy
Management was knowable
Coworkers were nice
Coordination with various projects & phases
When projects worked
very fun working environment.
Principal Designer (Former Employee) –  498 seventh ave, new york 10018March 1, 2014
A typical day at work is very exciting and stressful. I have learned a lot of interesting and different systems. The co-workers are very talented and very friendly people. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I have designed something that will be installed in a place that will be used in the city that I live in.
Pros
is that you learn a lot of different systems and different of type f people.
Cons
short lunchs