HazTek Inc. Employee Reviews

Love this job and if your hardworking and willing you'll do great
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Medford, NJJanuary 31, 2019
I have only been working at haztek for a little while and it's been fantastic. The hours are fair and overtime is available at times. It's very stress free and the management is excellent. This company goes out of it's way to make sure you have everything you need. You may start out hourly or salaried depending on your experience. Either way pay it good and fair. I feel this will become an excellent career and it will be for anyone who applies.
Place is a joke
Safety Professional (Former Employee) –  AlloverJanuary 16, 2018
They constantly lie and tell you what you want to hear. We the job is over you mean nothing to them. No kind of paid time off or holidays. And good luck getting someone to call you back.
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Management, job stability
Contractor vibe
Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2017
I like the on your own vibe. It feels nice not having a mgr. always watching over you all the time. You get a different project every so often which is a nice scene of change & pace.
Construction safety proffesional (Current Employee) –  Northern NJAugust 22, 2016
HazTek has true family atmosphere . Great place to work. Really advanced in my career.

Wide range of projects really challenges me to think. Never gets bored.

Company also cross trains to broaden my knowledge.
Pros
Job security, family atmosphere
Opportunities abound!!!!
HSO (Current Employee) –  Greater NJ areaAugust 22, 2016
I've worked for HazTek for a little over two years and I plan on one day retiring from here. A fast growing company with plenty of room to grow. They offer professional development, competitive salary and benefits.
Pros
Professional development, benefits
Great Company Culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 22, 2016
Good work environment, family orientated, organization cares about their employees. Excellent benefit package, company offers a great professional development program, holiday pay and paid time off. Opportunity to earn extra $$ with bonus programs and over time.
Pros
Benefit packet, professional development, good company culture
Cons
can't think of any
Not so good plce to work
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medford, NJFebruary 18, 2016
I worked for Haztek Inc for almost three years and the places I was assigned to were mostly small jobs. I wasted years with this company. Long hours without overtime pay and location as far as an hour half drive one way. The benefits were not bad, however, the pay was as low as 45 a year. Its good place to earn experience, but, if you get an offer far better. Don't hesitate to take it.
Pros
Cons
long hours, no overtime pay
Haztek demands that you work 60 hours a week on a reqular basis, weekends off are non- exsistant and driving 100 miles per day is the norm.
Construction Site Safety & Health Officer (Former Employee) –  Medford, NJNovember 3, 2015
Typically, When I arrive on site I do a site audit. I have a checklist that covers just about every situation imaginable. If there is anything urgent, I bring it to the proper authority that can do something to rectify it. I talk to the men to introduce myself and also to find out if they have any safety concerns (You would be amazed at how much info you can compile if you have their trust).

The following morning and once a week after that we have a safety talk so the guys have a chance to further voice their concerns to me personally. Every morning of course the foremen will do a tool box talk and I will randomly attend one per day from each crew. I will receive the signed safety talks an TB talks and keep hen on file.

I was also responsible for doing a Site Specific Orientation for any new employee on the first day on site. I proceed and filed the new employee forms and sent copies to HR.

As needed I developed Standard Operating Procedures specific to the type of tasks at hand and mad sure the foreman were doing their JSA's (Job Safety Analysis)

And at the end of the day I filed all my paperwork, wrote out my reports and took the long drive home at the end of a ten or 12 hour day.
Pros
Loved working with the guys and felt that my work had true meaning.
Cons
Too many hours away from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HazTek Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

HazTek Inc. Reviews by Location