HCC Employee Reviews

Cooperative and educative
Student Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2019
Very friendly and helpful personnel, excellent environment and management. They provide periodical training in customer service, sensitive information and security.
Enjoyed teaching
Adjunct Faculty (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2019
I am an adjunct faculty therefore it was extremely flexible to manage teaching and having very little kids. The staff was always helpful and accommodating.
productive
work study (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2019
good environment for work
friendly employees to work with.
Not much stress from work but sometimes it gets really busy
though
the financial aid office central campus is one of the best place i have worked by far.
No Comment
Instructor Houston Community College (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Please apply to other institutions. HCC is a very difficult place to work There's very little room for advancement unless you are linked to higher administration.
Pros
Vacation Days
Cons
Negative environment, lots of bullying, cut throat
hands on
Radio and Production Internship (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 6, 2018
fantastic hands on experience fun independent atmosphere. the instructors are very well informed and passionate about what they teach, and always willing to guide and help.
Fun
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKNovember 24, 2018
It’s enjoyable and very flexible. Can speak my own ideas and truly feel appreciated for the work that I do. Was given a opportunity when not many else would
There are a number of Pros and Cons to this position. The position requires a variety of skills.
Workplace Excellence Series Instructor (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDAugust 1, 2018
My position is unique in that I work as an Instructor for Workplace Excellence within a Temporary Cash Assistance environment within a State Office. There are only two teachers in our component and not much room to coordinate things like time off or emergencies. This is a bit of a problem for me in my current role. My job is a contractual in large part paid for by the State of Maryland and administered through Hartford Community College. There is always a possibility it will be eliminated. I do enjoy working with customers in a teaching environment and I work in a diverse populations. I am always looking for situations that are more consistent with my training. My pay rate is lower than I am comfortable with at the moment and if I move to another area this will be a consideration for me.
Productive and relaxed place to work at
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2018
I did a lot of research and compiling of data. Since I was part-time, I would work on my ongoing task and also help with daily clerical work. If you were ever confused or had any questions, your coworkers are friendly and willing to help you.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Porductive and safe workplace with activities
Harlem commonwealth community (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2018
When I walked in the building i always greet my workers and my boss then i get ready to work the way i work is that i go into the class rooms i want to be in.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Less payment
It was fun while it lasted
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 4, 2018
I enjoyed working with my coworkers. We worked in a very diverse environment. This workplace was my second home. I loved my coworkers and I miss them dearly.
Productive and fun placeto workat
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MOJune 2, 2018
I loved helping patients with filling out their paperwork and interpreting for them when necessary. The providers were also very helpful and patient with them.
Pros
Fun people to work with and the patients as well
good learning experience
Pharmacy technician program training (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2018
• Compounding sterile and non-sterile IV pharmaceuticals
• Packaging various oral dosage forms
• Utilizing and maintaining various automated pharmacy equipments
• Performing pharmaceutical calculations
• Preparing and maintaining prescription orders
Distributing unit-dose drugs
fun but not beneficial
Barber/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Utica, MSFebruary 27, 2018
the environment was ice and calm, very friendly people. the main problem was lack of assistance from higher ups at certain times when they were servery needed.
productive free working environment
Quantity Surveyor / Estimator / Procurment (Former Employee) –  OntarioFebruary 20, 2018
Workers friendly management , easily accessible office location, friendly staff, easy work procedures, but very low salary payments, other office benefits are up to satisfactory.
Pros
bonus
Cons
low hourly payment
Interesting and new enviroment
Release of Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 11, 2018
This was my first job after completed my medical office assistant class. The onsite Manger was tuff but fair and taught me how to do my job from start to finish. She was always available for questions. I learned a lot at this job and enjoyed working with the public and researching patient problems and concerns. This job taught me about responsibility, dependability and integrity. It also taught me that cutting corners is never the better option. Always complete your job correctly and fully and you will never go wrong. I use this in my job duties every day now.
Pros
Great Manager and teacher
Cons
Learning new job
It is good to be employed in an educational environment
Information Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 25, 2017
This was a good place to work, staff in educational environment are easier to communicate with. There is a much more mature mind set, and willingness to help others and in sharing information.
great
Medical Assistant Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYNovember 23, 2017
great place to work. Nice people and always willing to help. Challenging work of many aspect and interesting topics related to education. Course authorship offered.
Old clinically out-of date staff
Tokio Marine Medical Underwriting Nurse (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 6, 2017
Very cliquish back stabbing staff; Limited effective training Constant errors made by management during training. Still using paper files. The manager eats lunch with the staff and stays involved in gossip.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Cliquish staff, paper charts
If you like contract work and setting your own schedule
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lutz, FLNovember 1, 2017
If you like contract work and setting your own schedule it's a great place to work. A wide variety of pharmacy jobs and various facilities. It's nice that they don't call and disturb you if at work they contact via text (very handy)
Pros
able to set your schedule
Cons
not so good if this is the only place you work can't always count on full time
It is Teamwork that helps the us and the company thrive and succeed.
Clinical Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 6, 2017
Verisk is a wonderful company that keeps their coworkers up to date with newest coding policy to provide highest quality services to their Clients. There is always a weekly team update and monthly coding department meeting and monthly company's meeting. They will provide mandatory training and orientation to new projects. Managers are always helpful and make sure their employees get their help if necessary. The atmosphere there is always positive and about team work. Employees there seemed happy in helping one another.
Pros
great benefits and fair or better pay rate than most HCC coding companies or agencies
Cons
seemed like there is always pressure to compete with other coders