HCL Americas
40Low
2.4

HCL Americas Employee Reviews

Okay company but no advancement and upper management is super bureaucratic and does not listen to employee concerns.
Job itself is decent but pay and advancement is very stagnant. Upper management is awful along with HR in relation to support and communication. This is a problem with an overseas company. Raises are spare and few. Performance does not seem to be rewarded either.
Will rip you off incessantly
HCL is an Indian-based company that couldn't care less about American labor laws. They have a totally different perspective of life and cannot wrap their heads around our way of life or costs of living differences.

HCL mistimed my payments on 5 different pay periods causing me to end up homeless at one point due to weekly delays. At this point in time they still owe me over $3,000 but I can't find a lawyer that will take the case on contingency because the numbers are too low for them to touch.

Avoid these demons like the plague!!!!
Do Not Recommend
After receiving an offer it took two weeks for the just paperwork! There were all kinds of technical problems. They say they are here in the US but I suspect their offices here are only sales related. Not once did I ever speak with someone who didn’t have a strong accent and any technical issues were addressed after 4pm due to time difference. Also, does not pay market rate and payroll policies have you waiting 4 weeks before you get paid.
Lack Luster Job
I want more. HCL gives you nothing tbh. You work long hours to be content with mediocre pay and poor accommodations. They preach to the masses about how "we get paid enough" and yet we do not. No room for promotion, learning, and the CEO just watches people slave for nothing.
Pros
Building is pretty
Cons
Everything else
stay away
Terrible work life balance - free overtime is an expectation by the offshore team. You are expected to perform without the necessary access rights and tools

No annual review/raises - pay increases are non existent. Good job to start a career in, but absolutely no movement once placed.

Abusive relationship with their customers - SLA's are strict, there is little to no time to fully resolve customer issues. There is high pressure to mark tickets resolved - solution or no.

Overall - good to start a career with. also good benefits. only use this company as a means to a better position elsewhere.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Revolving door
A revolving door . Don’t bother unless you want to be fired or overworked. The company is big on training but after that very little appreciation. QAs are all that matter.
Stay away!!
Indian mentality company that basically wants you to work over time and Bill end customer with as much $$$ as possible and give you absolutely nothing. Forget about getting paid on time as a contractor. I had to sue them to get my money out of them which they were supposed to pay on time by contract. Good luck working with these jerks. Had nothing but horrible experience working with them
Terrible place to work
Welcome to the company of never delivered promises. HCL is a big company, but do your self a favor and stay away under any circumstances. They will play all kind of money and mind games with you to squeeze employees, freelancing is a better option tbh
HCL in America
HCL in America is pretty much an island of india on US soil. The culture and practices are the same. Very discriminating environment. Project managers make you work more and HR managers low ball you in your pay. You will leave this place with mental scars
Not a right place to work pay less
Not a right place to work pay less ,poor management,no appraisal after joining ,not a right option , no work life balance , not a employee friendly company
Worst!
You will be overworked and you will never be able to work your way up.
I would never refer this company to anyone. Your life would just be work and never have time to do anything at home.
worst place cheap labour
Worst place never cares about employee. They pay less and no appreciation or rewards. the management is irresponsible and less reactive to employees benefit.
Good place to learn new and disruptive technologies.
Would recommend this company to folks who are starting out their career journey.

Good place to learn new and disruptive technologies.

Resource utilization is a challenge here and leadership needs to hone existing talent pool.
Ending employment
Xerox transferred the admin team from mos to hcl. We had pretty much no choice. They gave us a week notice. 6 months later most of the administration left. I stuck it out as well as others. Now we got a 60 day notice that as of March 2nd we no longer will have a job. I wouldn't work from xerox or hcl.
Mostly offshores jobs
Job off-shored for money savings. Little to no communication with management. Very difficult to communicate with anyone in supervisory positions. Poor response post employment.
Flexibility is great and you are treated as a professional
Flexibility and no traditional management. You are treated as a professional and not micro-managed. The company could do better with how communication is rolled out and with following up on commitments to its employees.
Pros
Flexibility; Remote work
Cons
Poor communication from HR and execs.
Rebadged worker - I was ok with that until
I was re-badged from xerox after almost 29 years and guaranteed a job for 18 months. As soon as i transitioned that promise was changed to 6 months. Right before Christmas a bunch of us received our 60 day notice(not me, yet). I don't trust this company and I'm only staying for the money until I can find something else.
I do get to work from home and the manager that moved with me from xerox is excellent but is also kept in the dark. We can't get a response from anyone within HCL on any topic. I have sent numerous emails asking questions and I have gotten a reply twice, in 9 months.

The one good thing I have keeping me sane at this point is that I get to work with all of my old team mates from xerox that were not re-badged. I will miss them when I go.
Large Company
HCL is a very large, diverse company, and because of the sheer size there is not much sense of corporate identity. Good opportunities to find a work assignment to match your skills.
Stay Away - Very poor ethics practices
Stay away from this company. I was told to falsify information on my time-card (multiple times) directly from the HR person who was conducting the on-boarding training. As I was surprised by this comment, I made sure to stop the training and ask... "so you want me to put incorrect information on my timecard"... and they answered, "Yes". Like it was no big deal.
Cons
Dont know who to contact or how to contact them
Not a career, just an assignment
A job with HCL is really just an assignment at a project. When the project is completed, you are gone. There is no effort to find you a place at another project.
review
haven't been here long but so far i like it. The only thing i don't care for are the days they get paid. otherwise its an okay place to work. everyone seems friendly
Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCL Americas. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4