HCL Technologies

HCL Technologies Employee Reviews

United States1,417 reviews

Found 1,417 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,780 reviews
indiabenefitprojectindiancustomemployeeclientavail

Great place to start your career

I was a contractor for HCL for 9 months, then I was converted to FTE with benefits and finally I was employed by their customer. I liked the job culture in HCL, I liked the work life balance they promote, the constant innovation and the encouraging of employees to participate or proposed new ideas. Unfortunately, I was assigned as a contractor for one of their customers and in my position I did not see any way to advance in my career, and payment was extremely low. I loved the free training opportunities that HCL gave me and their well-being program. I would have stayed at HCL kid they would have shown any interest in me, but when I resigned my position they just congratulated me and that was it. There were not any plans for me beyond cover a contractor position for a customer of them. If you want a nice place to start, HCL could be it, but thinking on the future, it would probably depend on what position you work for them, maybe software developers could have more opportunities to grow there.

When I worked there they were just getting into mortgages and seemed like a decent company. Unfortunately I didn’t think they would last long in the mortgage space since they are really a tech company.

HCL Technologies insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Where is this going?

With its business culture, the company has the potential to be a great employer. It’s just not quite there yet. The onboarding process is very poor. The technology and network for working remotely is very poor. Forget about getting real-time assistance from IT support. And once the assignment is up, you’re left scratching your head on what’s next. No benefits. No raises. Just a paycheck. However, it’s a decent fallback job when transitioning from one employer to your next dream job.

The people I support.

Lack of job advancement as stuck in silo. Being offboardrd by same client we support discouraging leaving one stuck in same job band. Lack of job movement. Take training every year as required to upskill, but not able to use to advance to next job band or other position.

Pros

Nice office at client

Cons

5 days in office and wfh short-lived.

Good place to work. A lot depends on the client you are assigned to

I had a great manager who fostered a sense of community with those who reported to him. A lot depends on your client assignment. If the client likes you, you can stay for a long time. Compensation is on the lower end.

False Promises

There is little to no communication. If you are looking for a job to get your start, don't stay long, they don't value their employees like they tell you. Their expectations are sometimes unreachable. Their 'culture' clashes with US workers and they 'don't understand' and will offend personnel. Their pay is below minimum, will low ball incoming employees and ultimately they will try to do everything remote. Depending on the job, remote may be a good thing. Wouldn't recommend this company. HR is no help at all.

Good company but

Good company decent pay great insurance however no sick days and the vacation time is not good at all. They need to give more time off after two years and it needs to be available in full starting in January. The pay is good but doesn’t seem to be much in advancement. Otherwise ok company to work for

Cons

Not enough vacation time

Good company to work

Though everything depend on project but overall HCL is a good company to work with. You can balance your life here.You may get a project where you have a bit more work pressure.

Excellent home like feeling company

I strongly recommend for people who would liket o finally settle down in IT to this company. NICE MEDICAL BENEFITS, TRANSPARENT PAY AND LESS WORK TENSION

Pros

Nice medical checks

Cons

Low increment

Work life balance

Work life balance Job security New technology Shift allowance Oncall allowance Onsite opportunity performance bonusesVariable pay is not good here

Hcl

HCL is more based elsewhere and not U.S that is why presence is minimal in U.S. I am not sure what else to type on here but the company is not very involved with their employees.

Good company

Just would like to be compensated more and benefits. The work to life is a good balance and would like first shift. I would recommend this company to anyone that like data base

Incompetent managers demanding quality work.

I had 3 different managers to report to within a year working at HCL, all of which asking us to work more and better. Which is not really rare in any company except the manager themselves aren't outstanding individuals either. Had couple paycheck issues, and due to their incompetence the work was delayed and yet they are blaming us.

Flexible | Moderately Challenging | Work-Life Balance | Poor Pay

* Personal Connect is Paramount to succeed* Performance doesn't necessarily yield benefits* Job Security is high* Low Pay however heavily depends on who you know* Hierarchical with several levels and top heavy* Company of Companies - disjointed yet portray One HCL outside* Flexible in-terms of internal movement* Pay to Performance is heavily disjointed* Juniors may get paid more than managers many times

growing company with under pay

the company is growing fast and strong. They offer many promotion opportunities, however the pay is a bit below market and can be improved. management is nice and supportive.

Terrible communication and issue resolution

It has been the absolutely worst experience working for HCL. Time spent on trainings and meetings was not compensated for. The communication and software procurement timelines were terrible and very time consuming to say the least.

Not great

Good company to Start career.Job security Micromanagement Lots of politics Hard efforts does not get recognized Poor incrementsPromotions are not offered by performance

Lot of Shift projects, Less work life balance, No hikes

No learning trajectory in projects, Work life balance does not exists, majorly support projects, Not much learnings. since majorly projects were shift projects have to extend beyond working hours

Productive and fun

Great company to work for. Pay is fair and management is easy to communicate with. Benefits are very generous. I can't think of anything bad about this company.

Pros

Great communication and benefits

Everything here is Good

The physical therapy benefits is great. The people are kind and educated. Everything here is superb and the management is kind. This is the best company I have worked for.

Some excellent people but misguided management

My direct manager was excellent. Always responsive and worked for me. People in my group were also very nice and I still talk with them from time to time. I do believe there is a significant problem with talent retention due to low compensation, poor career advancement opportunities, and a general disregard for the people working in the trenches. The business side is dominating the product side.

Pros

Some great people who know their stuff

Cons

Lots of legacy technology, High turnover rate, Not very competitive for US benefits or compensation, Product teams have little to no say in their products anymore, Knowledge drain as people leave and are not adequately replaced

Common questions about HCL Technologies

Answered by current and former employees at HCL Technologies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCL Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare HCL Technologies with

• HCL Technologies
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?