HCSC Employee Reviews

Worst job ever
Customer Advocate I (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 17, 2019
They do everything they can to hold you down and make sure you don't succeed. Management doesn't give two craps about employees. They don't provide resources for you to succeed
its great place to work
Tech Lead Software Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2019
its great place to work with wonderful team and very friendly and healthy environment. its great opportunity to learn new technology and can give suggestions as part of best practices overall its great experience.
Fun place to work
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJune 2, 2019
This was a cubical type clerical job, but they really seem to care about their employees. They have activity days about once a year where the whole staff works on teambuilding by doing sports type activites.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
It was too far from home
Check Other Options First
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2019
This company has been around for a while. It is very diverse.
Not that many layoffs, but there has been some lay offs and/or down sizing.

A typical day could be summed up as confusing because most management is not experience and/or lack knowledge about the business area in which he or she owns which makes the workplace not good to work in.

You cannot learn too much at this company because managers can hold you back. HR does not do a good job investigating & resolving cases or protecting the employees from unfair treatment that the company says is not allowed.

The hardest part of the job is working without necessary tools that you need to perform your job.

Lack of knowledge and communication gap are the biggest disadvantages at this company.

The worse company I have ever worked for!!
Pros
Workout Faculty
Cons
lack of knowledge BU, unfair treatment, lack of ethics, no growth, etc
Dietary manager
Dietary Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay City,TXMay 21, 2019
HCSG is a great company, I would recommend anyone to work for them. My situation was different, I was quick to move up and transferred to 3 locations within 1 year. Had many awesome caring District managers but my last one could careless about his managers. He calls me a pathological liar to my face but offers me 50k year to transfer to another location but never pays it though it was approved by the Director of Operations but that's what he said, so that's a bold face lie to me. If I had another location and new district manager, I would still continue to work there.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Menu sucks
A fast pace, stressful, and collaborative workplace.
Customer Advocate II (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 27, 2019
As a customer advocate for one of the major BCBS health plans, the average day is very stressful and fast paced. The management is great about listening and will do everything they can to assist in making you feel welcome.
A customer advocate has rather strict goals that have to be met in order to progress, but there is plenty of support and resources in place to allow these goals to be met.
The pay is great and raises and bonuses are very possible. Additionally, there are many opportunities to promote or move to another department.
Overall, I am blessed to work for such a great company who genuinely cares about its employees.
Pros
Good Insurance, Good Management, Fun Work Environment, Wonderful Co-Workers, Great Pay, Pto, In Office Cafeteria, Sit/Stand Desks
Cons
<= 90% of time at work spend at a desk talking on the phone, Difficult to learn the material, Occasional workplace drama, PTO caps/allowance restrictions.
Challenging and all consuming
Project Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 4, 2019
The workplace culture at HCSC is very good. HCSC is a place you would come to love because of the people and the environment. There are a multitude of opportunities to take advantage of.
Pros
Cafeteria and Credit Union in the building
Cons
Lots of walking
Amazing workplace
Customer Advocate I (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 13, 2019
I love working here at HCSC. It is union, so we get great benefits and pay. It's a mon-fri job, which is great. Good starting wage. Very involved with the needs of the employees. Company takes care of the employees. Highly recommend.
Pros
Benefits, pay, training, hours
Great company
Medical management Specialist ll (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2019
typical work day 9-10 hours High email traffic ; an abundance of meetings.
Hardest part of the job is the travel
management extremely helpful and forthright with training and development
Most enjoyable part of the job - in person meetings at the HQ when I am able to connect with coworkers
Pros
great benefits and
Cons
travel
Blue Cross/Blue Shield
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2019
I worked as a consultant at HCSC. The IT workplace culture was consistent with other large corporations in Chicago. Much of the work that I was hired for was yearly mandated enhancements to the existing system. Only challenging from the standpoint that deadlines were very tight.
healthy work environment
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 30, 2018
BCBS has a very caring team of workers who care for their health and the health of others. They are always coming up with ways to help others at work or in he community.
Pros
Pto, Free Lunches
Cons
management
At one time was the best place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 12, 2018
At one time this was the best place to work. The salary was good and the benefits were great. I have heard that it is not the same environment now. It was great
Pay is way below average
Programmer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2018
Company requires extensive knowledge for little pay. Unless you're a supervisor or manager don't expect to be treated as an adult. In many roles in this company at a professional level they have treated those people as if they were in an entry level role. If you do a good job you can expect to have your rating dropped to conform with what they want to save money rather than give a decent raise.
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Bishopville, SCSeptember 16, 2018
Great job where you get to make a difference in a the patients lives and have a strong support team. The flexibility of being able to control your schedule is also a great part of the job
stressful job lots of overtime
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 21, 2018
Difficult place to work Management was more concerned with stats instead of helping the customers. A secretary was promoted to position of supervisor when she had never done the job.
Trying to move dinosaur management into new mold
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2018
Very parochial. More than a little frustrating.
Very difficult operationally. Long term planning is not great. Because of lack of planning, many fire drills.
Most major decisions take a committee resolution to implement.
understanding place to work
Care Coordinator UM/CM II - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 23, 2018
Understanding company. work life balance. work your hours and off. can volunteer to work more. work from home you are allowed to have your family home as long as they do not interrupt your work.
fun work place
US Citizen looking for Salesforce QA/Selenium (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 14, 2018
typical day was very demanding,since we learnt selenium on the go.It was learning and implementing at the same time.
work culture is relaxed. The hardest part of the job was traveling.
Good, steady work.
Lead Data Warehouse Specialist / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, Tx.March 12, 2018
HCSC, also known as Blue/Cross-Shield is a banking juggernaut. As an insurance provider, there were many, many rules and regulations. Despite the bureaucracies, employment was dependable, some-what stress-free, and steady. It is quite difficult to fail in this environment.
Pros
Steady work.
Cons
Repetitive work.
Great Company
Customer Advocate I (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 20, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at HCSC I only left due to me moving and there not being a center near me and i had not been there long enough to earn the work at home rating