HCSG Employee Reviews

2.5
Ratings breakdown
Management and ceo
staff all (Former Employee) –  Livingston, MTAugust 15, 2018
CEO of company did not understand the SAFETY and TASKS behind the job there for cut hours down to 4 a day but required all 8 hours be completed. Did not hire appropriate management.
Pros
nothing
Cons
were do I begin
poor
Resident attendant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 7, 2018
poor quality management, the manager is never there to direct her staff, the hours are poor. over staffed under paid no holiday pay or paid vacations .
Great Co workers
Cook (Current Employee) –  Dallas TxAugust 6, 2018
Its a great company i been to two different. Facilities. Very nice concept you grow a bond with each residentsfast paced work environment meals are kept on schedule and we meet deadline daily
Pros
N/a
Cons
30 min break
Confusing Experience
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 7, 2018
Offered role in hiring process. Then told all new hires are reserve. Spent 90% of Management hours performing hourly roles of cooking, line server and dish room. Had to put out fires at every account. Client relationships and interaction extremely volatile.
Cons
Bargain basement management and negative client support and interaction.
horrible place to work
CDM/Foodservice Director (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMay 31, 2018
Do not go to work for this company they do not treat their employees respectfully. Salaries very low compared to work that employees are required to complete.
Pros
Cons
cut throat
I liked the people I worked with.
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  MaineMay 29, 2018
The building I was working at was great. The people I worked with we're always very helpful we worked great together as a team if they needed help one day we would help them if we needed help they would help us it was a very fun and pleasant place to be.
Cons
Healthcare is extremely expensive
Great Place to work
Nutrition Services Director (Current Employee) –  North Randall, OHApril 27, 2018
I was treated very well as a manager. Benefits were decent. Off most weekends. Free meals. I was afforded the opportunity to work unsupervised. Buildings could be a challenge
Fast pacec company. Great people to work with.
Asst. Manager of housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Rockford, TNApril 18, 2018
Overall good company to work for but they cud pay soooooo much better. Does not supply everything we need to do our jobs right. Account manager is very understanding and compassionate.
Cut throat place to work.
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCApril 18, 2018
I would never recommend this workplace .
The hours were not great.
No teamwork.
No team efforts.
Long commute to work.
Most of all money was not sufficient
Pros
Free food
Cons
No teamwork
Changed managers to often didnt give enough hours for the work they expected to be done
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, TNMarch 23, 2018
They expect away to much of housekeepers to get done in the short hours they give to get done in. Friendly people to work with allows time if when needed they switched managers to often and didn't always keep empliwees in supplies needed
Pros
Gave time off when needed
Cons
Not enough hours to do job correctly
a very relaxing loving nursing home
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Lubbock County, TXMarch 7, 2018
we go to work get our carts ready fill them up with chemicals , make sure we have enough paper towels, tissue, soap an more. we make sure we dust, pull trash, clean bathrooms, sweep an mop. you learn how to grow along with the company learning new this everyday.my supervisor is great an she is very hands on she will teach you what you will need to know. You will learn how to get along with everyone you work with . to be honest the job is very easy I don't think it really is anything hard about this job. I so love the residents they really do give you a reason to smile they are just so cute I love them so much.
Lots of work and lots of call outs
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 6, 2018
I worked here almost a year. I moved up to management training quickly. With that said the training was not good and once I got my own building I had no support from upper management.
Pros
Quick advanvement, good manager pay
Cons
Long hours, no days off, always having to cover shifts.
Open contact , no place for raise or advancement.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Haskell, NJFebruary 12, 2018
The facility that hired this company is a nice place, could be better under better management.
This company is on a open contact so that means it's sucks for the part-time hard working people.
Pros
No pros at all.
Cons
Under paid with no chance of a raise at all, and overworked and unappreciated.
Poor company habits
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2018
Hcsg has a bad name for them selves due to how they treat there employees. The DMs are hateful and have no moral about them or there employees they do not treat anyone with respect
Terrible
Floor Teck (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 15, 2018
This is the lowest paying environmental services/Janitorial companies in the nation. Terrible management. Terribly low wages. Never an increase unless made mandatory by State minimum wage laws. RUN from this company and do not look back
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Only accept employment with Hcsg if you are desperate
Cdm (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 11, 2018
I thought I had worked for some shady companies before but this one is by far the worst. You are micro managed because they feel you are incapable of making decisions on your own. God forbid you go over your incredibly low budget. They will yell at you, berate you in emails, at meetings in front of your peers. You get no training or I didn’t because I was included in an acquisition so they brought me a computer and a bunch of files and said here you go you are everything now, Human Resources, compliance officer, manager, accounts payable make sure to get everything done because if you don’t more humiliation and put downs.and extra work. So if you apply for a job here be prepared. Keep your resume updated cause most people don’t stay long.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
Great nursing staff
Cook Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, MANovember 25, 2017
Morning hours are nice. Residents are great and the families are nice. Upper management outside of the building never come around. Maintenance men are right on top of things always very helpful.
Pros
$1 lunches, employee cookouts
Cons
Old equipment and building
Good
Cook (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 15, 2017
It's fast paced easy, fun people to work with. The supervisors need some work. You do dishes. Set up trays cook food and serve them to the elderly. Would love to go back and work here.
Good Times and some bad ones too
Dietary Aide/Cook (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXNovember 14, 2017
Working for Healthcare Service Groups (HCSG) was really not my idea of a typical work environment. You had to adhere to some of their guidelines that I kinda didn't sit too well with. Which I get the reasoning behind it, it just went against my "going above and beyond" the call of duty nature. Working around my coworkers is fun and hectic at the same time. Everybody's got an attitude, everybody's got different moods, but hey its just in their personality so you gotta overlook that. When you're not having a good day, management and coworkers are there to try to cheer you up and lift your spirits. The one thing that I have concerns with, is getting time off for important events, or just for vacation. At times we were short staffed and there was no one willing to cover, when the time was needed off. Even agreeing to pick up a day of theirs in return, still couldn't cover. To make sure that I didn't go over hours, I worked off the clock. I know I'm not supposed, but there were circumstances that were out of my hands and I had no other recourse... ...
Pros
cool environment fun times great food
Cons
not enough pay, not enough hours, not enough recognition for hard work; both on and off the clock
A good place with all the necesary to live happy.
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 10, 2017
A normal day at the job washing and drying the linen and personals and another days doing housekeeping. It made me grow as a person. The management was very organized and respectful. the best part of my job was serving to the residents.
Pros
its a good job and good benefits