HD Supply Employee Reviews

Found 1,196 reviews matching the search See all 1,238 reviews
Continues to make it impossible to make commissions
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  HeadquartersOctober 16, 2018
This company changes its sales targets continuously. They make it impossible to make a bonus/commission. The territory’s are switch regularly to control not reaching quota. The sales force has a high turnover. I wouldn’t recommend this unorganized company to anyone.
Pros
Cons
No commission No room for advancement
Fast paced and exciting atmosphere
Warehouse Associate II (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 9, 2018
Hardwork and fast-paced, but the benefits are great! Healthcare with dental and vision. 401k is a plus. Stock options as well. People there are very friendly and willing to help you when you need it. Training is paid. Flexible hours and able to withstand variable temperatures are a must.
Inventory control and buying supplies
Purchase Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2018
Inventory control purchasing minute for 25 years got laid off after new company took over just wanna find another job did I can stay until I regionally 6570
The manager was in way over her head.
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILOctober 2, 2018
The manager was new to that position, and when she got stressed out, she typically would take it out on everyone in the office. The manager at times could be verbally abusive.
it was terrible as new management was changed consantly.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 28, 2018
I learn a lot of things that I didn't get a raise for. management was always under each other and not worry the work that had to be done. they didnt know what they was doing. they try to get people fired that knew more then them or challenge the stupid things they come up with.
Pros
Pto
Cons
managment
it was nice until i started getting stressed out with the lack of sleep. All in all, fun place to work. It's all about teamwork there.
STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 24, 2018
It was nice until I started getting stressed out with the lack of sleep. All in all, fun place to work. It's all about teamwork there. The management didn't really take you seriously though.
Learning
Dayloader/customer service (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CASeptember 20, 2018
I learned how to manage time and finish projects at a specific time. I learned to work with other and be able to help others better at there job. I learned about the product we sell home improvement stud such as electrical , doors, windows , flooring, tile , plumbing .
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No overtime
Relaxed
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 17, 2018
They have good benefits. They pay everybody different. I came in with experience & was told my pay was do to my experience. I spoke with quiet a few people who were paid more than me with & with out the experience. They are like any other jobs where you have to be close with someone to promote within the company.
Benefits
Cons
They pay is different for everyone
Runaway don't do it
Case pick (Former Employee) –  Grove port OhioSeptember 14, 2018
The worst place ever!! Hours, management, just the over all disrespect you received there. Worst time of my LIFE!!!! I don't know how many times I would literally cry because of how stressful this place was. Not worth it.
Productive and sometimes a great place to be
Driver (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 12, 2018
Well basically we start at 6:00 am load our truck. usually it take from a hour and a half to two hours to load, depending on if every thing in our loading area is in place. Now sometimes things aren't in place and this could be the hardest part of our job trying to find those items. The guys are usually friendly and great to be around. The management team are close by just in case we need help or assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with our customer. They're like family. We get a chance to talk and get to know them as a family members. And meeting new people every now and then is very exciting to me as driver. I love meeting people it's one of my greatest gift. I guess you can say I'm a people person.
Management usually make sure that we have the tools to be successful in our daily work. And every now and then they'll supply breakfast for the whole transportation department, which we as driver really appreciate. And what I learned from the Employer is great driving skills not just at work but my own personal vehicle for me as well as my family. HD is a great place to work and be a part of, Now it's not perfect but by me being there so many years say a lot. Once again the only reason I'm considering leaving is because of there relocation.
Pros
Free breakfast and Lunch, Picnic in the parks, and bonus two or three times a year
Cons
Sometimes too much Micro-management
The pay for s not worth the job
Tool Rental Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 11, 2018
The pay is not worth it at all the managers there are awesome but for the tool rental department it’s just not worth the pay way to dangerous but overall nothing bad about it
Great workplace culture
ABAP, OData and NETWEAVER Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2018
Great Organization, fast paced with all types of latest technologies. The organizational culture is geared toward overall wellness and work-life balance..
when i was asked to work at Hd.i had a mentor because the manger was upset i got the job over his friend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2018
meeting with about 10 customers.go over property needs.
i took advantage of all on line training.
and I never got along he was the mananger
very stressfull
dealing with manager who was always on some drugs and a
Lead Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHSeptember 4, 2018
Upper management continues to let the staff be understaffed. Makes days VERY LONG. 10-12 hours at least. They continue to hire staff that only speaks spanish. Nothing is wrong with this, except it makes them only able to do half of the work which also makes the days longer. They don't pay enough to make the no work/life balance worth it although work/life balance is something they preach in their values.
Pros
overtime if wanted, good workers can be promoted easily
Cons
No work/life balance
Busy and slow at times but always something to do, can be fun to work for
Sales & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CA 92630August 30, 2018
Meet new people all the time, mostly inbound and walk ins. Sell sell sell is what it is all about working for them. Not a bad thing because everyone comes to you.
Pros
Good people, not to much stress
Cons
Lots of lifting of your not used to it
fast paced
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 29, 2018
it is a very fast paced working environment, usually shorthanded and the days can be long, most of the day is spent out in the elements. Could be better managed.
Pros
great vacation days, quarterly bonuses
Cons
often short on personnel and lots of outside work
It was a great place to work. Then upper management froze hiring and shortly after that just about every department was out of control.
Lead Driver (Class# C) (Former Employee) –  W Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2018
They upper management hiring then most departments spun out of control. Employees working double shifts go home for six hrs. then work another double shift.
HD had a very flexible work schedule
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Monahans, TXAugust 28, 2018
Hd Supply was a very good company to work for. When they were bought out they gave us all a good opportunity. The management was a little less visual than I would have liked, but they had to travel many miles to check on all the employees since we were remote. All in all a good place to work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no management presence
Company bought out
East Region Order Fulfillment Manager (Former Employee) –  DCAugust 27, 2018
Company is no longer part of HD Supply (interior solutions) It was bought out by a larger company.

Bad management and unorganized employees who were mostly incompetent
great work place for career advacement
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 25, 2018
A great place to work for for career advacement. Great opportunities and benefits. A good work envirnment. Wish there was more training and understanding.
Pros
location
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

67out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at HD Supply.

Powered by Comparably