HD Supply Employee Reviews

Found 1,233 reviews matching the search See all 1,276 reviews
We have pool table, pin pong table, gym. Great place to work
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 15, 2018
HD Supply is a great place to work at and everyone is great. I tell people who ask how this call center is that it's one of the most laid back centers I've ever worked for. The Supervisors help you when needed. They provide coaching, online learning classes, they really want to see they're employees exceed.

The atmosphere is very pleasant, like family environment, everyone helps each other. A lot of celebrations (birthdays, anniversaries, pot lucks) anything to have gatherings.

Overall, it's a great place to work at but it's a far drive for me to drive to Canton everyday going on three years. I will miss everyone here but I would love to have a job closer to home.
Review Summary
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, MANovember 13, 2018
I worked at HD Supply from March of 2013 to October of 2018.

It was a good place to work. Fast paced day; learned SAP; good management; good workplace culture; hardest part of job: working without a lift truck to move heavy loads; most enjoyable part of job: returns.
Pros
T-shirts and events
Cons
Workers need to collaborate more with one another.
Good first job, but won't go anywhere
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CANovember 12, 2018
Dead end job,but you have benefits, decent first job for people. Great for students as the offer partim and fulltime, too much schooling and experience to move up to real money. Best if you speak spanish or armenian as most of the customer are speaking those languages,
OK Manager
Credit and Collection Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 12, 2018
Good manager tried hard but it was not a fit for me. The manager made every attempt to work it out for me but sometimes jobs are not the right match for a person.
Pros
consistant place
Cons
better learn the process
Its ok
Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 11, 2018
All new management... not really knowing what they are doing or how the system works... definitely a lot of overtime, but like any job it is what you make it
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Poor management
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 9, 2018
They need other shifts for picking and packing
Long breaks
Fairness
Better management
Hitting and cooling for the warehouse
More parking lot
More communication
Pros
Good benefits/ good ins
Cons
Short breaks
Great Culture
Manager of Transportation Strategy (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2018
HD Supply has a great company culture. However for being such a large company; they have not done very well in utilizing systems and setting up data to be easily used to perform analysis.
Productive and fun workplace
PURCHASING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2018
Arrive at work by 8am. Start up computer and get to work on jobq's and reports. Calling or emailing vendors for special pricing and special pricing agreements. I would update information in the main computer system. Greet vendors and assist where needed, Answer phones and send to appropriate person. Prepared rebate claims that are filed on a monthly basis. Informed sales department of pricing increases. Assisted accounts payable with billing discrepancies. Answered phones, audited cash box and ran deposits to bank on a daily basis. Assisted in all areas when needed.
Simple job plus they had a gym
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJNovember 6, 2018
It’s was a easy job as long as your a hard worker and don’t mind a little over time. Everybody is was friendly and helpful. If you work hard they take notice
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Lots of walking
Completed
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 5, 2018
• Route Driver delivering product- supplies to multiple sites (vast knowledge of the city- surrounding counties)
• Warehouse – Load & unload freight
• Shipping – Receiving
• Pull orders – review schematics
• Order selector
• Set up route schedule for daily deliveries
• Multiple phone triage
• Seasoned in fast paced work environment
Pros
Staying busy throughout the day
Cons
Minimal raises
Too Much Change
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2018
There has been too much change and turnover leading to a lack of focus because of new people who don't understand the business or the customers to be able to do their jobs effectively. This leads to a lot of rework and frustration across teams.
A day in the lumberyard
Lumberyard Manager// Rudy Maya (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 4, 2018
A typical day at work is just helping customers in the yard with items they need, writing tickets and making sure our aisles our neatly maintained and making sure we are finishing our tasks that are assigned.
Pros
provide us with equipment
Cons
The management is unorganized
Customer focused and concerned about employee health and well-being.
Credit Manager, Southern California (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 2, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my work with White Cap has been learning the Construction Industry, as this is a new industry for me. I also greatly enjoy my team - everyone works hard to contribute and I enjoy spending my days with them as individuals.
Pros
Customer focus, ethical company
Cons
little room for advancement, benefits not competitive
great place too work..
Assistant Manager/ Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 29, 2018
A typical day at HD is taking care of all the contractors. and making sure the customers and associate are happy.Making sure special orders are done correctly and on time.
Pros
n/A
Cons
N/a
Not good
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 28, 2018
Work days are extremely long and you are expected to finish all deliveries sometimes upwards of fifty per day no matter what the situation was or whatever happened
Hd Supply
forklift operator Picker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 25, 2018
this was a fast pace job I worked inventor and load and unload. I enjoy working here. I mad a lot of moey in overtime. but I couldn't really understand my manger because he spoke a different language. but I mange to work it out
Pros
nice team
Cons
didnt receive benifits
No recreation, used to have ping pong not any more
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 24, 2018
Management speaks with both side of the mouth. No unity of command. Promotions should be within to encourage loyalty of employees, most managers employed have no knowledge of the working of the organization. So much discrimination against some kind of race.
remote work
Field Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30339October 23, 2018
As an employee I was allowed the flexibility to work from home. I received a great bonus/salary structure that was fair and attainable with honest work. Management gave a 'family' culture that allowed me to feel part of a team.
Pros
remote work
Cons
healthcare
HD Supply Healthcare
Healthcare Field Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 21, 2018
They are a nightmare to work for by way of the highest micro mgt techniques on the planet. Salesforce is a punitive tool that they will call you out on daily basis regardless of your sales figures.
na
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLOctober 18, 2018
no thank you , hoping to leave soon, toxic place to work and no one cares. there saying it is what it is "... Salary is not enough, they want 20hour days to work and weekend as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at HD Supply.

Powered by Comparably