HD Supply Employee Reviews

Found 1,263 reviews matching the search See all 1,307 reviews
Great compensation, poor work/life balance
RENOVATIONS SALES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 15, 2019
Almost zero training. Dropped into territory with nearest client 30 miles away, furthest about 85 miles. Spent 4-5 hours per day getting into and out of territory.

Received overachievement bonus, therefore my goal was raised.
Several major accounts were incentivized to purchase online. These sales in my territory were not counted towards my goal.

Worked 70 to 75 hours per week and still never felt like I could get caught up. Constant additional administrative work need, kept from producing sales.

My numbers were slipping. Management just told me; "Just keep doing what your doing." Absolutely no support.

Constant management changes. Continual supply chain issues.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Never resolving ongoing supply chain issues, lack of training
Customer focused and concerned about employee health and well-being.
Credit Manager, Southern California (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 2, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my work with White Cap has been learning the Construction Industry, as this is a new industry for me. I also greatly enjoy my team - everyone works hard to contribute and I enjoy spending my days with them as individuals.
Pros
Customer focus, ethical company
Cons
little room for advancement, benefits not competitive
Wonderful people and balance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 16, 2018
HD Supply is a wonderful place to work. I really enjoy going to work, the people are great to work with, life/work balance is important. The only negative I have is the room for advancement. It is a place that someone could spend 3-4 years advancing and then you will hit a limit of advancement there. You will have to go somewhere else if you want to keep advancing.
Pros
People, life/work balance, salary is average
Cons
no bonus, 401K isn't great, limited advancement
Call Center Environment
SPECIAL ORDER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Santee, CAJune 4, 2018
I felt that half of the job was fixing the mistakes of others who didn't perform their duties to the fullest but still were compensated either as much or more than I was.

There was a disconnect between the phone employees and supervisors on how certain tasks should be performed. This was a daily occurrence.

The general attitude of the employees was punch in and punch out, what the daily comment of "Is it Friday, yet?"

The was decent ($16.11/hr.) to start, and they do give raises, but it's the type of work I'd rather do from home. The work itself wasn't bad, but there wasn't much camaraderie and I didn't like noticing how little work others were doing, which didn't seem to get dealt with from management. Accountability wasn't something they worried about.
Fast pace or slow pace depends on where you are working
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAAugust 17, 2018
Unload freight from truck to the floor and separate in order. Break down product and match to verify order. Be ready to work in any position though out the day. The management plays favoritism in the workplace for advancement. The hardest part of the job is being under staff and working long hours. Your allow to work at a decent control pace.
Pros
Vacations and sick paid
Cons
long work hours
it was terrible as new management was changed consantly.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 28, 2018
I learn a lot of things that I didn't get a raise for. management was always under each other and not worry the work that had to be done. they didnt know what they was doing. they try to get people fired that knew more then them or challenge the stupid things they come up with.
Pros
Pto
Cons
managment
fast paced
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXNovember 30, 2018
wonderful benefits and paid holidays ,every weekend off and outstanding OT IN OUTBOUND . Very fast paced environment must be very detailed and fast learner.
Pros
long hours and poor management
Cons
benefits and lots of unlimited OT
remote work
Field Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30339October 23, 2018
As an employee I was allowed the flexibility to work from home. I received a great bonus/salary structure that was fair and attainable with honest work. Management gave a 'family' culture that allowed me to feel part of a team.
Pros
remote work
Cons
healthcare
Productive and excellent safe working environment.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 20, 2018
Start out the day planning out our route and then stretching to warm up the muscles. Then we would load our own truck and make deliveries in A safe and timely fashion. Hardest part of the job was loading the truck in the morning but the most enjoyable part of the day is working with the associates and having fun in the morning.
Pros
free clothes & food
Cons
not enough raises
Good
Agile Transformation Leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2018
Good team spirit
Lack of communication from management'
No career growth
Must improve work life balance
Flexibility in time not there
Good benefits
Great place to work overall
Lead Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHSeptember 4, 2018
Upper management continues to let the staff be understaffed. Makes days VERY LONG. 10-12 hours at least. They continue to hire staff that only speaks spanish. Nothing is wrong with this, except it makes them only able to do half of the work which also makes the days longer. They don't pay enough to make the no work/life balance worth it although work/life balance is something they preach in their values.
Pros
overtime if wanted, good workers can be promoted easily
Cons
No work/life balance
Completed
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 5, 2018
• Route Driver delivering product- supplies to multiple sites (vast knowledge of the city- surrounding counties)
• Warehouse – Load & unload freight
• Shipping – Receiving
• Pull orders – review schematics
• Order selector
• Set up route schedule for daily deliveries
• Multiple phone triage
• Seasoned in fast paced work environment
Pros
Staying busy throughout the day
Cons
Minimal raises
Could be better
Lead Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 25, 2018
I'm not a fan of corporate politicians. Very infuriating when someone smiles to your face, tells you you're appreciated and they'd like to work with you on your career advancement and doesn't follow through with any of it.
Pros
co workers, salary
Cons
health insurance, corporate politicians
Review Summary
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, MANovember 13, 2018
I worked at HD Supply from March of 2013 to October of 2018.

It was a good place to work. Fast paced day; learned SAP; good management; good workplace culture; hardest part of job: working without a lift truck to move heavy loads; most enjoyable part of job: returns.
Pros
T-shirts and events
Cons
Workers need to collaborate more with one another.
great work place for career advacement
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 25, 2018
A great place to work for for career advacement. Great opportunities and benefits. A good work envirnment. Wish there was more training and understanding.
Pros
location
Cons
management
No team work
Watehous (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 9, 2019
All new management that have taken the voices of employees away.They choose to make decisions that do not work then try to place blame on associates. They have developed a very poor relationship between management an associates.They make at least three to four times as much as a lead.They at the branch have no external overview from corporate so they are not held responsible for there actions.They preach one thing and do the other.The drivers are treated As gold the come in early and leave early ,same as there managers.we did have a good team last management team which have all moved on we work 10 to 14 hours a day for a nine hundered dollar check every two weeks.The company make billions each year and choose s to only stock pile the money
Pros
Large customer base
Cons
Inexperience management
Avoid
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHApril 15, 2018
Management was awful. Did not care if you were there 11 to 12 hour days -- they always requested more hours from you -- and sometimes just before you were ready to walk out the door after an 11 hour shift. No work/life balance at all. Human Resources would approve the grueling mandatory 70 to 80 hour work weeks. No protection from HR obviously. Company was losing a reported 60 percent of the customers because of bad service. Overloaded hours on employees lead to bad service but management did not agree with that. In fact, they would literally get face to face with you demanding you do a better job or simply just cuss you out.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
Management, grueling long hours
No recreation, used to have ping pong not any more
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 24, 2018
Management speaks with both side of the mouth. No unity of command. Promotions should be within to encourage loyalty of employees, most managers employed have no knowledge of the working of the organization. So much discrimination against some kind of race.
harassment, intimidation, total management abuse of power
Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  DFWAugust 20, 2018
this place has the worst mgt i have ever had the displeasure to work for. total contempt for all staff. They do not follow company policy in any way as it pertains to staff. there is not one person under current mgt that does not want to quit. if you go to hr, you will be forced out. I saw this first hand on two separate occasions. when one of the mgt was asked what he liked best about mgt position, it was stated, "the power". completely unprofessional. i do so hope that this is only indicative of this one store. and if you do decide to leave, expect to be labeled ineligible for rehire, notice provided or not.
benefits
Cons
worst mgt on the planet, should all work for the prison system
Cdl driver
Cdl class A truck driver (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXDecember 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at HD Supply, my only concern was after five years and learning the business from the logistics side and the sales side, there wasn't any room for advancement.
Pros
Environment, management, coworkers
Cons
Lack of advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at HD Supply.

Powered by Comparably