HD Supply Employee Reviews

Found 1,288 reviews matching the search See all 1,335 reviews
Remote Field Sales
Field Account Representative (Current Employee) –  District of Columbia, DCMarch 19, 2019
Overall very good company, pay is fair for the industry and flexibility of field sales and working remotely. A typical days is to visit 8-10 customers in the field. It is usually a busy day meeting with customers and handling orders and issues.
Pros
remote
N/a
Customer Care, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 18, 2019
I'm not interested in writing a review on HD Supply, Poor management, and not a good place to work for. Management does not care about there leadership team.
What mangment skills
Picker/pack/ manifest team member (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAMarch 18, 2019
They always play victim whith the employee. Constant shift changes and never steady work except when they demand 13 to 14 hour a day. Mangment is a joke and had no communication skills
Pros
Non
Cons
No life work Ballance
The job sucks!!!
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2019
Management is poor. They have no idea how to treat employees. If your a brown-noser you can make it. But a hard worker they give you more work. The company is a no!!!
Pros
Cons
Management is poor.
Run away
Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 12, 2019
Poorly run company. Current workforce leaving in droves. Cannot keep employees due to poor management. Company makes promises they cannot keep. Total cut throat environment. One of the most disorganized companies I have ever worked for.
Pros
Other employees
Cons
Poor benefits, pay and management
Whitecap C&I
Manager, Applications Development (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2019
Management is key within this company. Excellent leadership at all levels. Politics are at a minimum. Great respect is always given and I felt like the leadership team genuinely cared.
Pros
Great Leadership
HD Supply
Sr. Manager, Applications Development (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2019
It was a decent place to work. Politics are on the heavy side ! We were provided with an ample set of delivery tools. Had the oppertunity to gain CI / CD deployment pipeline.
Pros
Ping Pong
Cons
Politics
good company very poor management
Driver/Warehouse/ (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 4, 2019
store manager was very rude un fair,called names and much more. Very poor management treated some people very bad and others great de pends on who and how old you are.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
very poor management very unfair to some people
Big Company Big Support
Field Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2019
In the 6 years at HDS I have enjoyed a good work/lfe balance and industry leading compensation package. HDS has a strong focus on career development with consistent training, commitment to sales growth through Salesforce reporting and driven goal structure. The company is cutting edge with it's embrace of knowledgeably allowing the sales force to be extremely efficient. I have loved my time at HDS due in large part to the TEAM mentality and managerial support.
Pros
Cutting edge, TEAM mentality, Conservative beliefs
Cons
Big company can be slow to adjust to issues
Easy work if you can smile and go along with the corporate game
Upper Managment (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 1, 2019
If you don’t mind being treated as a hourly call center associate instead of an adult take the job - you are defiantly in a call center environment not professional Managment is not trustworthy neither is HR be warned this is company that is NASDAC so do not open up about concerns they will be heard addressed smoothly with coaching words , of threats also anything you report to their confidential employee service line is not confidential - Do not be a whistle blower here or speaks up for the customers - this is a company that has gone from family employee customer based to money based regardless of the cost - and you will be intimated by Managment - and walk on egg shells - if you don’t agree with something
Know your rights and don’t work off the clock -common practice of HDS employees in order to get the work load done - don’t disagree with Managment or go to help line/ they are employed by HDS and it will not be confidential - credits given in health insurance for non smokers and non over weight if you are overweight or have an ongoing circumstance you have to go through several calls with a “health coach”!-discriminatory you think ?? If you like to drink and charge the company and talk about your customers and competitors well this is the place A total lack of integrity in which the company was founded - Money makes people/ and organizations change and bottom line customers know and feel it - In my opinion it will crash -eventually due to inconsistency and greed
Pros
Pay
Cons
Ever see a beautiful person on the outside and then got to know the real them - UGLY & Dishonest
productive and fast pace job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GA 30071February 28, 2019
a typical day of work would start out with stretching right before our daily meeting. and start picking orders from all over UPS and other companies. toughest part of the job was the long hours and endurance part would work close to 12 to 13 hours a day the best part was every two weeks when a nice check came in after all the hard work I put in.
Pros
friendly enviornment
Cons
Hard place to get along with management in the warehouse
Warehouse Associate 1 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 25, 2019
the managers ask way too much of their employees at times, they treated them like robots and not actual people.
these managers insult you then try to be your friend on the floor like its nothing.
very unprofessional working in the San Diego Warehouse.
Great company and lots of room for career growth
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 25, 2019
HD Supply is a great place to work. I really enjoyed going into the office and the people are great to work with. Work-life balance is important to me and they truly offer that at HD Supply.
Opportunity for advancement was great. I was blessed to have management that wanted and did help me to advance in my career. I would work for HD Supply again in the future if the opportunity presents itself.
Pros
Work/ Life Balance
Cons
N/a
Fair
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAFebruary 21, 2019
Typically I go to work and click in, I have been taught different roles in this company. Such as picker, packer, manifest and downstacking. The pace is quick and you must learn quickly. There is always something to do and learn.
HD Supply is a very good company to work for
Sr. Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2019
HD Supply is a very good company to work for. I joined HD Supply on 6th of July, 2016. I got a very positive experience working there - my manager was very supportive and creative in managing our small and very cohesive DBA team.
good worklife balance, terrible benefits
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2019
healthcare is not as good as Obamacare - it's a joke. They push you to have annual physicals, and to stay in shape, and in return they offer you healthcare that is crazy expensive and covers virtually nothing.
Pros
working remote
Cons
culture is a bit odd.
Good Enviroment
Maintenance Manager/Technician (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHFebruary 18, 2019
Very nice place to work management easy to work with
Employees very good
Position created easily to implement improvements and ideas were very accepted at other locations
Pros
Rewards with employee lunches
Cons
Awesome caring company that will skill build you to advance your career with in the company.
Customer Care Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXFebruary 12, 2019
Productive, Awesome, Family company, Friendly!! It's the kind of company you will say to your self wow I,M PROUD TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY,THERE'S SUPPORT TO ENCOURAGE YOU TO climb the corporate ladder!!! It's Just AWESOME!!!!
Pros
Wonderful place to work !!!
Cons
There are no cons !!!
moving up
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 8, 2019
Moving up within the company was hard. A Lot of favoritism needed in order to prosper within the company. Some managers needed to learn how to lead vs bossing associates around.
Basically a temp job even if you are full time
Warehouse Associate II (Former Employee) –  Calera, ALFebruary 7, 2019
I’m just going to be honest here, this is bascailly a”in-between” place of employment for all warehouse associates. Meaning, if you are looking for immediate work to handled business at home, then apply for a chance to be employed here. If you’re looking for a long term place of employment to grow within, steer clear of here. The only real hours you will get are from the months of May until October,then after that from October til May, you will probably get 30 hours a week. You don’t get paid much for what you really do for real and there is no opportunity to grow in this company. The only reason I got all my hours was because I got promoted to a warehouse associate 2, but the raises weren’t even that much. Even with my new position as a warehouse associate 2 with all the experience I had accumulated (which was 5 going on 6 years worth) I only accumulated $2.65 cents. Summing up that I got hired on in April, 2013 making $11.25 an hour and when I left in January, 2019 because I was offered a better employment opportunity my hourly pay was $13.90. That’s sad and a sign that this is a “in-between” job as I stayed in the beginning of my review. They only give you one raise throughout the year and it’s an annual raise, and as you can tell by the $2.65 that was awarded over a 5 year spand, it ain’t much. You can be the best employee, never calling off, never getting points, always meeting your employment goals for the entire year and they will still give you like a 30¢ raise. Then your co-workers aren’t no better, but that’s another long story that I choose to not discuss because  more... I don’t focus on other people and the petty things they do, i was too focused on myself and my pay. On the bright side, like in every situation where there is something bad there is something good. You get a huge amount of pto time. Like when I left my annual vacation time was like 120 hours, then I had 3 floating holidays, a personal paid day off, a wellness day, and 56 hours worth of sick time. All of those days you get paid on when you use them. Plus you get paid for the federal holidays and you are off on all of them and you get the weekends off. You also get like a lil bonus check around April too. But don’t let all this pto time and a bonus Check in April distract you from the fact that you will barly be getting any hours to handle business at home.  less
Pros
Pto time and the fact that you are employed to handle your business
Cons
Everything else besides pto time and being able to handle your business at home, especially barely getting any hours after October leading all the way up to May

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at HD Supply.

Powered by Comparably