HDI Employee Reviews

HDI is Home Depot Interiors
Salesperson/designer (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYAugust 20, 2018
Be prepared to run unqualified leads everyday. Your job will be selling kitchen cabinet refacing jobs that cost more than a brand new kitchen with new cabinetry. You will not have the customers phone number to confirm the appointment or to further qualify the lead. You will drive up to 2 hours away only to find out that the customer thinks you're there to fix their cabinet doors or something else. Zero mileage reimbursement, you will drive your car into the ground faster than you can say no sale! When you do sell a job they will tell you there are mistakes made and make excuses to take back some of your commissions. If you don't sell alot and don't meet your monthly goal you will be singled out at sales meetings by the sales manager. On your "downtime" they now expect you to visit the stores to generate more leads, associates in the stores have no clue what HDI is or that it even exists. They will not support you because they believe that you are there to take sales away from them and now they will not meet their monthly sales goals.
Customers will be shocked at how much a refacing job costs, a typical job is over $10k and their way to justify that is by telling the customer that "a refacing job doesn't involve removing existing cabinets and flooring, etc. It just involves removing existing doors and countertops (if they buy new countertops from you)".
They expect a "one call close", selling the entire job on your first visit, not impossible but if you have a difficult territory like I did you will never sell the job on the first visit and you will have to plea your case
  more... to explain why you have to go back a second time. The only person who closed alot of deals was the person who worked the NYC area. In NYC refacing is much easier and more practical because most of the time they can't change the layout of their existing kitchen and it's much more difficult to do a kitchen remodel in NYC than it is to reface.
Trust me, do not take this job, you will regret it.
Cons
Not the place to invest your time.
Top sales person ,4 yrs (Former Employee) –  N J northJune 14, 2018
Be ready to work very long hours, and be paid 0 after two weeks investment. It will cost you 20.00 per day.no reimbursement. Turnover very high,having you visit stores is the new thing,helping customers,sailing goods and no pay.Then run Three to four leads.you will need a new car evey 3 yes.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
You will never make what they advrtise.
fast paced
Divisional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2017
great place to work with great comp and benefits. downside is the senior management changes lead to instability.........................................................
benefits
Cons
unstable
Buena
Duct Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 15, 2017
Buen ambiente de trabajo excelente paga horas extras
Stressful and poorly managed
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 29, 2017
Stressful and poorly managed. Upper management didn't care about customer service or happy employees, only about making themselves money. Low work morale.
not a good safe place to work
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 8, 2017
I feel that it was not a good place to work. not fair to employees. Only would give you time off or a schedule change if you went to school. was not organized. not organized at all
Great work eviornment
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2017
Great people to work with. I would encourage any prospective engineer to seek them out if they are interested in any sort of manufacturing or design work.
cnc machine operator
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  columbia pa.February 9, 2017
the company and management are very bad !!!!!!!!!!! not a good place at all !!!!! they want too much out of people .the machines are junk . they want production but not willing to spend the money for good tooling
Pros
Cons
the place sucks
Hdi
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLOctober 27, 2016
HDi has more upper and lower management than workers.
They expect quantity and quality at the same time. They want for the staff to work over eight hours without any compensation.
Pros
So so medical care.
Cons
No free lunches, extreme micro management.
Fun to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 11, 2016
Good place to work learned people management skill,positive approach to work.

team work,self motivation driven and new skill appreciated and learning exp every day
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Want to know more about HDI?

Ask a question
Data entry production
Data Entry / Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 1, 2016
Was hard to make production with the strict guidelines on no errors and also when they took away compensation for errors etc.
Pros
Easy job to do .
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities and pay scale.
A fun place to work to begin, but horrible in the end.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALNovember 16, 2015
I entered in crash records into computer database each and every day. The records were from the state of Texas & already scanned into the computer. The job started out fun & easygoing because employees could talk to each other, help each other out, & there was plenty of work. But, as time went on, we weren't allowed to talk to others, couldn't ask for help, except from supervisors, & then they seemed bothered. I learned how to type fast & accurately, how to use the ten key pad proficiently, & how to multi-task.
Pros
We could listen to music or audiobooks while working.
Cons
Treated like we were in prison, every little detail/aspect of time spent away from desk watched, accused of things that weren't true.
Temp work
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Alexander City, ALSeptember 1, 2015
The "supervisor" was an inexperienced minor. The leadership was totally lacking/ nonexistent. This was a temporary job, and I knew going in, but I expected someone to explain the overall rate of pay.
They dont see potential
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJuly 15, 2015
I worked at HDI for a little under a month through a temp agency and they gave me stacks of papers i would enter into the computer and then file it. I was so efficient at my work they would have me help out other co workers but when i would finish theirs as well they would get mad at me. I couldn't understand why, but I did understand they let me go because I was doing the work of 5 of their employees. So they fired me because i was working to fast, its not even that i was making mistakes, because i wasn't, they just said i was working to fast and people didn't have enough work to do so i had to leave that day.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
They aparantly want you to work way to slow
A good start for new entry
Operator and Quality control (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 5, 2015
HDI is a company that refurbishes used phones. They have contract with Metro PCS, Verizon, Sprint, and other companies. I worked as a QC at the beginning by finding missing chips, parts on the boards. After several weeks calm and patience train, I was working on a download station where I download programs into boards. It was fun to play with boards and computers. Since they are used, old, and usually missed chips, not all boards are passed. For the failed boards, I check and return to the other department for repair. The most hardest part of the job is when computer down because of either electrical or technical problems. The most enjoyable part is independence at work, so I don't have any bad interaction with others. Besides, my manager was a nice man so he was willing to teach me for better operated skill. He also allowed his employees off for personal reasons as health problems, kids problems, or education while other managers are not.
Pros
Nice and sympathy manager, easy job.
Cons
Low pay, no insurance, no benefit
Very fun and friendly people. Amazing enviroment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 18, 2015
At this job I typed police reports and accident reports. It was a job based on production. Very laid back job, we were allowed to listen to music as we worked and all around fun job.
Pros
We were allowed to listen to music, and were allowed to break when we wanted.
Cons
we were paid on production
Quiet place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alexander City, ALMarch 4, 2015
Entering data for automobile accidents for the state of Texas.
Managment was a joke.
Co-workers made the day interesting.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
no benefits
Challenging sales position in highly competitive environment
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJanuary 14, 2015
My current position involves commission sales for a very large corporation. My average daily schedule includes 3 appointments per day, consulting with customers in their homes to demonstrate and sell the product. It is a very competitive market. My territory is all of South Jersey and I can expect to drive 150 to 200 miles per day. Some leads are provided but I am also expected to generate my own, more qualified leads. The hardest part of the job is to find time to generate leads, given the fact that travel and consultation takes up the majority of each day. I am a high energy person, but because most days are 12 hours or longer (leave at 8:30 am, return home between 10 and 11 pm) I am drained by the end of the day and have little time to generate qualified leads. My goal is to find a way to improve the quality of my leads, thus improving my sales ratio. I am hopeful I can find a position in which I can expend my energy more efficiently by spending more time selling and less time driving. I feel that, because this is such a large corporation, upper management decisions are often out of touch with what we as sales reps must deal with on a daily basis.
Cons
We are not reimbursed for gas or travel expenses, which are quite high since we travel extensively to appointments, many leads are not qualified, recent corporate policy is requiring sales reps to generate their own, more qualified leads, however, there is realistically no time to do this efficiently based on our appointment schedules.
Wonderful peers and mangers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 18, 2014
Great company to work for, however, staff reductions due to impending CMS contract awards. Learned so much about short stay inpatient reviews for Medicare and Medicare Advantage. Proficient in Interqual, some Milliman experience. Learned coding clinical validation for MCC/CC.
Pros
Flexibility, home basd position with occasionnal travel
Cons
CMS contract delays
good postive work place.
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHNovember 3, 2014
very fun people and nice coworkers. very serous about work.
Pros
good people
Cons
stressful work