HDR Employee Reviews

Senior Specialist
Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 12, 2018
My time with HDR provided me with an opportunity to develop plans for performing contracts to meet clients needs vs working as the client and contracting with firms such as HDR
Productive and On growing Place
Project Controller Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2018
good environment, great people, good policies.
Even though the company says it's salary based your performance is actually measured on weekly timecards.
Works for me!
Civil and Roadway Cad Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 2, 2018
I did not spend to much time in HDR, but I got support and respect form every one in that office. Supervisor are respectful and helpful. The compensation is great!
HDR -- Big Company, Every Division Is Different
Marketing and Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 29, 2018
HDR was a great place for me to work, but then there are many HDR offices around the country, and even in the headquarters in Virginia, where I worked, there were so many individual divisions, each with its own unique mix fo management/personality styles, that it's impossible to give an overall rating. Having said that, the corporate culture, in general, was a productive one conducive to great work.
Excellent
CADD Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 29, 2018
Very organized, great staff of knowledgeable individuals. The Benefits were great, the pay competitive. Great working environment. The Upper management treated everyone with respect and one felt at home.
Pros
No complaints
Cons
None what so ever
Very professional company
Water operations supervisor (Former Employee) –  Des moinesAugust 29, 2018
Very good company that has been around for a very long time. No matter the issue you have, they have the professional courtesy and willingness to help out any way they can.
Great place to work, however alot of favoritism
Senior Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2018
Excellent benefits, great work environment for the mostpart. A lot of clicks and favoritism by management and HR. Mostly wonderful people to work with. Few bad apples make it unenjoyable.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Favoritism, politics
Good Company
Site Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 19, 2018
Every day was a challenge.There was a lot of driving to many different sites in North Carolina. Worked with people from all over the country. There was a lot of seasoned experience and we always had plenty of help.
Pros
Perdiem
Good vibes
Wellness Fitness Trainer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2018
I just do a corporate wellness class two times a week. good atmosphere. Fun people. Always work hard and seem to have a good attitude about their place of work.
Productive and great work/life balance
Transportation / Planning Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2018
Productive and great work/life balance. New environment to learn and grow which was nice and you were given a little bit of leniency to grow instead of being extremely rushed on each project.
Best job
South Florida Department Accountant (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLAugust 7, 2018
Great company to work for with excellent professionals. Very people and family oriented. Fast-paced environment but teamwork and effort is a plus. Best job I ever had
Enjoyable work environment and culture, interesting project work
Water Section Manager & Client Development Lead (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 6, 2018
HDR is an excellent company that I enjoy working for. It has grown significantly since I started and the bureaucracy is starting to catch up, but it's a good company with a good culture and good people to work with.
Pros
flexible schedule, interesting projects
Cons
heightened focus on utilization, variable compensation among peers
I had some good years
Receptionist/ Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 2, 2018
The best part of this job was the people and clients who became my family.
The hardest part was leaving the way they did it.
'Sorry your job is eliminated, pack up and we will escort you out'
10 minutes later you are gone!
Corporate Culture......
Ok
Bridge & Roadway Designer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 1, 2018
Working here was unchallenging and poor development. Not interested in going back. Not interested in going back because Working here was unchallenging and did not provide development.
Pros
Big firm
Cons
Lack diversity. No growth or learning
Enjoyed the opportunity to work there.
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 28, 2018
Overall good, outdoor work environment in remote locations for extended periods of time. Allowed direct communication with the client, paid on time, expenses paid and it was fun.
Pros
Travel and outdoor work.
Cons
Communication was challenging.
Good company
Ports & Harbors Structural EIT (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2018
Good employee-owned organization that provides engineers and scientist a conducive environment to excel and be the best they can be while making an impact on the built environment
People were great, culture was cold and corporate
Commissioning Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAJune 18, 2018
Smart people are in abundance here, but I never fully felt like part of the team. I also never felt I had proper work load or direction. Everything felt like it had to come from Omaha. It was not a great fit for me, hut for someone who thrives in structure, it is a good place.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Cold culture, lack of direction
Fun place
Associate Accountant-AR (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 8, 2018
HDR is a fun professional place to work. flexible hours, management style was good. Easy going, willing to help you learn as you go. On-going training, promotes within.
Pros
promotes within
Toxic
Federal Subcontracts Supervisor/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 5, 2018
I found the environment here to be very toxic, I have never worked in such a toxic workplace before. The management was not supportive of growth or helpilng employees at all
Productive and positive work place
Administrative Office Support / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2018
A typical day at work is fast paced! I learned how to be the best administrative assistant that I am today. The management team is wonderful. They go above and beyond to insure you have what you need to effectively do your job. There really wasn't anything hard about the job and the most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
discounts were offered at many different places

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HDR. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight