HDR
64Average

HDR Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA10 reviews
Productive and fun place with a foosball table
Everything is awesome, everything is cool when you're part of a team.

Good people in this office, and good projects. Everyone is dedicated to putting out good work for the client.
It was a great place to learn from great architects and great engineers. The culture of the office was what I enjoyed the most.
I felt that HDR Architecture in Arlington, VA had some of the best people you could ever meet. The structural team was amazing and I thank them for it. Every discipline had some type of knowledge to offer that made you stronger and people naturally wanted to give your important advice, whether it was work related or not. I enjoyed my time at HDR.
Fun place to be with good people.
I really enjoyed my internship at HDR. The people there were nice and my mentor was more than helpful. I learned a lot about the engineering field and what would be expected of me if i was to become a full tie engineer at the company.
Hdr is a good place to work. They have a lot of good activities get a chance to know your co-workers. They have good benefits to help keep a heathy work envirorment. I learned alot about IT networking from how to setup and install equipment in the server room and how to trouble shoot network enviroments. I learned how to work in new operating systems like Windows 7 and windows 10. Also learned how to work and troubleshoot phone systems along with working with video conferencing. The hardest part of working at HDR was the mangement. There seemed to be alot of favortism and back stabbing. Also there was alot of micro managing.
Rewarding place to work
Work at this location requires being there for the users and providing world class service and have learned to appreciate and gain valuable experience which is always great.
Pros
Experience and clients
Cons
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Great firm with wholesome midwestern roots
HDR has a strong benefits package including a well performing ESOP. Leadership is honest and hardworking and doesn't take cutting people lightly just to make a few extra bucks. HDR is a nice sizde firm to work for with all the resources of a large company but the feel of a small one.
Fun Place to work, But it gets stressful time by time.
I have been working at HDR for over one year. I had learn a lot in both technical and professional relationship matters from my colleagues. Overall I am so happy I had this opportunity.
Pros
Good Benefits.
Cons
There is not that much space to grow in the company.
Great office environment.
Very employee-friendly corporation. Great benefits. Flexible working hours.
Working for an engineering company was a learning experience.
Greeted all clients, answered all calls and transferred to the correct parties. Processed and delivered all mail. Tracked expenses for travel and hotel for managers and some co-workers. Learned to managed my time both at work and at home. Some co-workers were more difficult to work than others and a little hard to work with. After being there for a while I feel my work proved my worth. If a proposal was excepted you may work long hours from Monday through Sunday. The company showed it gratitude by taking us to plays, taking us out to lunch, going on a picnic and some well earned time off that was not counted against your vacation.
Pros
Good healthcare and outings
Cons
Long weeks when there was a large proposal excepted.
Avoid Marketing Positions at Virginia Locations
Upper management is inexperienced and HR at local offices is not helpful at all. It's a good old boys environment too. Additionally, previous people in this position were short lived. Former person lasted a week and another coordinator from a different VA office lasted a month after the new Marketing Manager came on board. I became aware of this from colleagues of mine shortly after starting and wish I had known sooner. Please only work here if work is your life and nothing beyond that. Otherwise enjoy being harassed late at night.
Advice to Senior Management – Get managers training on how to communicate and lead a team. Folks shouldn't email their direct reports when they are just a few feet away instead they need to learn how to communicate.
Pros
benefits are great and you will work on interesting projects.
Cons
work environment is horrible all you will hear is the hvac system.