HDR Employee Reviews

Lap-top,pick-up and phone provided
Construction Inspector II (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 19, 2018
Enjoy working with different people on job sites. Must be willing to travel in state and out of state for work on highways and bridge construction. Not always able to get home more than every 2 months.
Pay and benefits are good and it is an employee owned company that you are able to buy stack in.
Cons
Must be willing to travel for work
Good company not for me
Archaeologist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 2, 2018
I worked briefly in the field as an archaeologist. Found work too physically demanding and was injured on the job. Was provided with first rate workman's comp and proved not to need treatment. Was switched to editing and writing by my supervisor but was laid off when higher level personnel took over all such duties. HDR seems to be a good company, but I couldn't work there due to physical limitations.
Pros
Free lunches, good supervisor, good coworkers.
Cons
Lack of safety on job for physically weak like me
Friendly co-workers and good workflow during the summer and good benefit for winter months
CONSTRUCTION INSPECTOR II (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY and Cincinnati, OHOctober 22, 2018
Good workplace environment. Co-workers worked at a team and were helping when working on multiple projects at once. Good benefits and good workflow during the peak months of the year.
Excellent work culture
Project Manager, (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 8, 2018
HDR has been very kind to me and helped me grow in my career. The company provide oppurtunity to grow within the organization and provide training and mentorship to do so
I was assigned for a very short time to complete an on-going project. The job ended and I expected to move on to other projects.
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2018
I really enjoyed working with the company for the time I was employed.
They had the right organizational structure & size for a construction management company.
At the end of the project I worked on (closeout) no one from management or HR asked me to come in for re-assignment or to state there was no more work available.
I had to go into the office and tell them the job had completed and had not heard from any one about re-assignment -so after a few days I received a call that I would be laid off permanently.
Pros
Very good company
Cons
short time working for the company
LightRail
HR Generalist and Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 21, 2018
The highlight was being a part of the LightRail project. The ability to start on a project and following it to its completion was not only a good experience, but it was fun.
Senior Specialist
Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 12, 2018
My time with HDR provided me with an opportunity to develop plans for performing contracts to meet clients needs vs working as the client and contracting with firms such as HDR
Productive and On growing Place
Project Controller Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2018
good environment, great people, good policies.
Even though the company says it's salary based your performance is actually measured on weekly timecards.
Works for me!
Civil and Roadway Cad Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 2, 2018
I did not spend to much time in HDR, but I got support and respect form every one in that office. Supervisor are respectful and helpful. The compensation is great!
HDR -- Big Company, Every Division Is Different
Marketing and Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 29, 2018
HDR was a great place for me to work, but then there are many HDR offices around the country, and even in the headquarters in Virginia, where I worked, there were so many individual divisions, each with its own unique mix fo management/personality styles, that it's impossible to give an overall rating. Having said that, the corporate culture, in general, was a productive one conducive to great work.
Excellent
CADD Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 29, 2018
Very organized, great staff of knowledgeable individuals. The Benefits were great, the pay competitive. Great working environment. The Upper management treated everyone with respect and one felt at home.
Pros
No complaints
Cons
None what so ever
Very professional company
Water operations supervisor (Former Employee) –  Des moinesAugust 29, 2018
Very good company that has been around for a very long time. No matter the issue you have, they have the professional courtesy and willingness to help out any way they can.
Great place to work, however alot of favoritism
Senior Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2018
Excellent benefits, great work environment for the mostpart. A lot of clicks and favoritism by management and HR. Mostly wonderful people to work with. Few bad apples make it unenjoyable.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Favoritism, politics
Good Company
Site Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 19, 2018
Every day was a challenge.There was a lot of driving to many different sites in North Carolina. Worked with people from all over the country. There was a lot of seasoned experience and we always had plenty of help.
Pros
Perdiem
Good vibes
Wellness Fitness Trainer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2018
I just do a corporate wellness class two times a week. good atmosphere. Fun people. Always work hard and seem to have a good attitude about their place of work.
Productive and great work/life balance
Transportation / Planning Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2018
Productive and great work/life balance. New environment to learn and grow which was nice and you were given a little bit of leniency to grow instead of being extremely rushed on each project.
Best job
South Florida Department Accountant (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLAugust 7, 2018
Great company to work for with excellent professionals. Very people and family oriented. Fast-paced environment but teamwork and effort is a plus. Best job I ever had
Enjoyable work environment and culture, interesting project work
Water Section Manager & Client Development Lead (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 6, 2018
HDR is an excellent company that I enjoy working for. It has grown significantly since I started and the bureaucracy is starting to catch up, but it's a good company with a good culture and good people to work with.
Pros
flexible schedule, interesting projects
Cons
heightened focus on utilization, variable compensation among peers
I had some good years
Receptionist/ Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 2, 2018
The best part of this job was the people and clients who became my family.
The hardest part was leaving the way they did it.
'Sorry your job is eliminated, pack up and we will escort you out'
10 minutes later you are gone!
Corporate Culture......
Ok
Bridge & Roadway Designer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 1, 2018
Working here was unchallenging and poor development. Not interested in going back. Not interested in going back because Working here was unchallenging and did not provide development.
Pros
Big firm
Cons
Lack diversity. No growth or learning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HDR. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight