Healogics Employee Reviews

All day to day operations.
Program Director (Current Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 19, 2019
Managing a WC center is like owning your own business. You not only manage every aspect of revenue cycle, budgeting, supervising employees along with maintaining client relations but you market your center as well.
Pros
Very good medical, dental benefits and PTO policies
Cons
Not many opportunities for advancement within the company.
Best company I ever worked for
VICE PRESIDENT CLIENT SERVICES WEST (Current Employee) –  Western USFebruary 5, 2019
I loved the autonomy amid a supporting, empowering culture. Healogics is well grounded, yet young and moving at a fast pace.

Co-workers are impressive and Healogics has many people working at the top of their game. Excellence is the standard.

As an employee, I felt appreciated, valued, and respected.
Satisfied with my separation from Healogics
VP of Physician Recruitment & Compensation (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 4, 2019
In addition to working regular hours of 8:30 - 5pm, I would be working early mornings and late nights to attempt to keep up with the organizational needs. Most of the employees are overworked and are nervous about maintaining their jobs. An example would be the Executive assistants have 5-6 executives they report to. There was frequent turnover including the C-Suite. The entire C-Suite turned over since I started. I reported to 4 different bosses. I spent a tremendous amount of effort updating the new bosses so they could get up-to-speed as quickly as possible. The culture is driven by Human Resources. They are involved in all decision making related to Physician operations and recruitment. The most enjoyable part of my job was solving problems. There were many instances where operations had outstanding issues that lasted for years without anyone helping. I was able to review and provide a resolution very quickly. My cell phone was always one and available for the team.
Organization that does not support team members and is ran by Human Resources
Area Vice President (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 21, 2019
No work life balance. 12hr + work days and on weekends to keep u with emails. Upper management not supportive of staff. Morale within organization from top to bottom is very low. Human Resources is poorly managed and has created a "fear" factor for all employees. Hardest part of the job was the lack of support from upper management.
Pros
the ability the heal wounds with advanced wound treatment modalities.
Cons
Human Resource management (fear factor) as well as lack of suppport from upper level maanagement.
Good teamwork amongst coworkers. Great patients.
Hyperbaric Technologist/Safety Director (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJanuary 6, 2019
Interesting and satisfying work. Learned a lot. Was part of a great team. Patients were thankful for our services. I felt appreciated by the patients. I truly believe we made a difference in people lives.
Pros
Don’t work weekends
Cons
New management. No room for advancement.
poor management/staffing
RN CM (Former Employee) –  wooster, ohioJanuary 3, 2019
short staffed/poor scheduling/poor management/write ups for OT/no advancement/no voice/not appreciated/respected/Clinical staff over worked&underpaid.
Pros
Cons
many
Busy but relaxed environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Derry, NHJanuary 2, 2019
Small staff but very transparent. We are a team and everyone helps each other out.

I really enjoyed interacting with the patients; easing their fears and showing compassion toward them. The entire staff is upbeat and caring.

Management is always looking for ways to help you improve and move ahead.
Pros
Nurturing management, supportive staff, able to leave for family issues
Dont work here
Safety Director (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 9, 2018
You come in and do a million checklists. Yeah then you have to convince people to go in a chamber that I wouldn't go into Fight insurance. The company is arrogant they think they know everything and they don't.
Pros
Non
Cons
hours of lack of, finding patients no matter what
Had great potential
Administrative Assistant/Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 5, 2018
Program Director talked about everyone behind their back. Always kept her door closed. Did not promote a very friendly atmosphere unless upper management was around. Other staff were great to work with though.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Program Director
Healogics stands by its Mission and Vision for every patient.
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 23, 2018
Healogics has been a good company to work for over the past five years and is good about helping to give you the resources you need to succeed. There are many moving parts in the position of Program Director and I have learned a lot about being a Leader and how to manage many different tasks at one time and seeing that everything related to the Operations of the clinic as well as managing duties for the Hospital.
Pros
Salary and Benefits; Co-workers
Cons
At times there are too many deadlines
It’s great but...
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  WANovember 21, 2018
I love my job, granted I “just answer phones”. I’ve been here 6 years in the same position and right when I want to move up they change the only position I qualify for to clinical so now there’s no where for me to go. I’ve been through 4 program directors in 6 years. I do that job but don’t get paid for it, shame on me. I truly believe in what the company stands for and I love my patients. However, since I’ve started I’ve made a total of $2.76 in raises. I have not been compensated for the work I do that a program director should do.

I don’t feel valued and I am looking for other work because there’s no where for me to go within the company. I put in 50+ hours per week and work way outside of my job description (not out of my scope of practice though). With all that said; Healogics just needs to think about the little employees as much as they do the big ones. I have patients who only come to our clinic because of the way they are treated by me. I’m not invisible.
Healogics
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2018
Good company to work for. Management take care of their employees. I have a learned a lot concerning revenue cycle, daily operations, marketing, and the healthcare field. hardest part of the job is time management.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough paid holidays
Company only cares about numbers! Stay Away
CHT/Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Plano TexasOctober 30, 2018
Management is horrible! They treat patients as numbers. It’s a number driven company who could careless about patient safety! Compliance and Ethical issues that HR ignores!
Pros
Pay
Respectful Company
Area Vice President (Current Employee) –  New EnglandOctober 30, 2018
Company that is focused on its mission. Needs to focus more on its loyal employees. The company has great potential but takes too long to promote great employees.
Pros
Stable company. Great mission
Cons
Low pay, no career paths, alot of expectations that limits work/life balance.
Clinical Coordinator RN (Current Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 30, 2018
Clear goals. high clinical quality and patient care. Strong support from Administration. Multi disciplinary collaboration for patient care. Strong clinical team.
Stay away
Hyperbaric Safety Director (Current Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 25, 2018
They could care less about anything other than numbers numbers numbers. HATEFUL PLACE WHERE YOU LITERALLY CAN BE FUN OF BY YOUR SUPERVISORS AND HR DOES NOTHING!!!
The lack of compassion and professionalism is UNREAL!!
Pros
Literally can think of NONE
Cons
Everything about this place is TRASH
Good for part time position
Wound Care Professional Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32256October 24, 2018
It was fine for part time position while continuing to work as contractual employee. Great support as far as mentor ship, training with other professionals. Time consuming paperworks that took away the enthhusiasm in work environment.
Pros
Good company support with training
Cons
Limited patient population
Promises, Promises
Nurse (Current Employee) –  NortheastOctober 24, 2018
Beware. Sounds good, but what they say and what they do are two completely different things. Management (AVP/SVP) is non-existent, don’t get involved until things are completely out of control. Always short-staffed, Forced to work outside your scope, with little or no training. Paperwork heaped on nurses is out of control, and spent way too much time cleaning up after the docs. Calls to HR never get returned, not sure there even is an HR dept. Relationship between hospital/Healogics/clinic was a nightmare. They all want to be in charge, but none of them want to own any responsibility. Pay was a joke, but the actual wound care and patient healing experience was very valuable and rewarding. Healogics is a business, they are all about the revenue.
Pros
Patients and their wound care.
Cons
Lack of support and management.
Excellent work place
Director of Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 23, 2018
Healogics follows its mission precisely. They are 100% focused on patient care by providing the best care possible to every person they can reach. I had multiple opportunities for advancement, which I took with pride. HR truly cares about valued employees. I would recommend this company for employment.
A money grab model with no long term future
Program Director (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 20, 2018
800+ centers to less than 700 in less than 2 years. Too many people in management with little/no outside experience that have been with the company too long. Modeled as a money grab with medicare reimbursement and management contracts that don't benefit their business/hospital partners much. Unqualified people in management that have been pushed up through the ranks rather than looking for people who are much more qualified (ex: PDs, AVPs, SVPs with no business or management training/experience that have nursing backgrounds, many of which don't possess a bachelor's degree). Know of one instance where a PD is friends with a corporate executive and is paid higher than most AVPs as a result of that favoritism/friendship. Contracts aren't explained well to the hospital partners often resulting in unrealistic expectations of success/profit, and causing constant management conflicts between Healogics vs hospital control/oversight/responsibility. Regional support from directors is almost non-existent. If the hospital doesn't agree with you (or the contract) don't expect your regional directors to provide backing/support (if you can even get a hold of them).
Pros
Encouraged to do less than the job requires/demands, only do something if the hospital says so, Otherwise ignore it
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healogics. Our community is ready to answer.