Healogics Employee Reviews

Dont work here
Safety Director (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 9, 2018
You come in and do a million checklists. Yeah then you have to convince people to go in a chamber that I wouldn't go into Fight insurance. The company is arrogant they think they know everything and they don't.
Pros
Non
Cons
hours of lack of, finding patients no matter what
Had great potential
Administrative Assistant/Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 5, 2018
Program Director talked about everyone behind their back. Always kept her door closed. Did not promote a very friendly atmosphere unless upper management was around. Other staff were great to work with though.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Program Director
Healogics stands by its Mission and Vision for every patient.
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 23, 2018
Healogics has been a good company to work for over the past five years and is good about helping to give you the resources you need to succeed. There are many moving parts in the position of Program Director and I have learned a lot about being a Leader and how to manage many different tasks at one time and seeing that everything related to the Operations of the clinic as well as managing duties for the Hospital.
Pros
Salary and Benefits; Co-workers
Cons
At times there are too many deadlines
It’s great but...
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  WANovember 21, 2018
I love my job, granted I “just answer phones”. I’ve been here 6 years in the same position and right when I want to move up they change the only position I qualify for to clinical so now there’s no where for me to go. I’ve been through 4 program directors in 6 years. I do that job but don’t get paid for it, shame on me. I truly believe in what the company stands for and I love my patients. However, since I’ve started I’ve made a total of $2.76 in raises. I have not been compensated for the work I do that a program director should do.

I don’t feel valued and I am looking for other work because there’s no where for me to go within the company. I put in 50+ hours per week and work way outside of my job description (not out of my scope of practice though). With all that said; Healogics just needs to think about the little employees as much as they do the big ones. I have patients who only come to our clinic because of the way they are treated by me. I’m not invisible.
Healogics
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2018
Good company to work for. Management take care of their employees. I have a learned a lot concerning revenue cycle, daily operations, marketing, and the healthcare field. hardest part of the job is time management.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough paid holidays
Company only cares about numbers! Stay Away
CHT/Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Plano TexasOctober 30, 2018
Management is horrible! They treat patients as numbers. It’s a number driven company who could careless about patient safety! Compliance and Ethical issues that HR ignores!
Pros
Pay
Respectful Company
Area Vice President (Current Employee) –  New EnglandOctober 30, 2018
Company that is focused on its mission. Needs to focus more on its loyal employees. The company has great potential but takes too long to promote great employees.
Pros
Stable company. Great mission
Cons
Low pay, no career paths, alot of expectations that limits work/life balance.
Clinical Coordinator RN (Current Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 30, 2018
Clear goals. high clinical quality and patient care. Strong support from Administration. Multi disciplinary collaboration for patient care. Strong clinical team.
Stay away
Hyperbaric Safety Director (Current Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 25, 2018
They could care less about anything other than numbers numbers numbers. HATEFUL PLACE WHERE YOU LITERALLY CAN BE FUN OF BY YOUR SUPERVISORS AND HR DOES NOTHING!!!
The lack of compassion and professionalism is UNREAL!!
Pros
Literally can think of NONE
Cons
Everything about this place is TRASH
Good for part time position
Wound Care Professional Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32256October 24, 2018
It was fine for part time position while continuing to work as contractual employee. Great support as far as mentor ship, training with other professionals. Time consuming paperworks that took away the enthhusiasm in work environment.
Pros
Good company support with training
Cons
Limited patient population
Promises, Promises
Nurse (Current Employee) –  NortheastOctober 24, 2018
Beware. Sounds good, but what they say and what they do are two completely different things. Management (AVP/SVP) is non-existent, don’t get involved until things are completely out of control. Always short-staffed, Forced to work outside your scope, with little or no training. Paperwork heaped on nurses is out of control, and spent way too much time cleaning up after the docs. Calls to HR never get returned, not sure there even is an HR dept. Relationship between hospital/Healogics/clinic was a nightmare. They all want to be in charge, but none of them want to own any responsibility. Pay was a joke, but the actual wound care and patient healing experience was very valuable and rewarding. Healogics is a business, they are all about the revenue.
Pros
Patients and their wound care.
Cons
Lack of support and management.
Excellent work place
Director of Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 23, 2018
Healogics follows its mission precisely. They are 100% focused on patient care by providing the best care possible to every person they can reach. I had multiple opportunities for advancement, which I took with pride. HR truly cares about valued employees. I would recommend this company for employment.
A money grab model with no long term future
Program Director (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 20, 2018
800+ centers to less than 700 in less than 2 years. Too many people in management with little/no outside experience that have been with the company too long. Modeled as a money grab with medicare reimbursement and management contracts that don't benefit their business/hospital partners much. Unqualified people in management that have been pushed up through the ranks rather than looking for people who are much more qualified (ex: PDs, AVPs, SVPs with no business or management training/experience that have nursing backgrounds, many of which don't possess a bachelor's degree). Know of one instance where a PD is friends with a corporate executive and is paid higher than most AVPs as a result of that favoritism/friendship. Contracts aren't explained well to the hospital partners often resulting in unrealistic expectations of success/profit, and causing constant management conflicts between Healogics vs hospital control/oversight/responsibility. Regional support from directors is almost non-existent. If the hospital doesn't agree with you (or the contract) don't expect your regional directors to provide backing/support (if you can even get a hold of them).
Pros
Encouraged to do less than the job requires/demands, only do something if the hospital says so, Otherwise ignore it
Cons
Lufkin,TX clinic is an awful place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXOctober 10, 2018
The Director and receptionist are too close and have no professional boundaries. The Favoritism shown to the receptionist is unbelievable. It is very cut throat and if the receptionist doesn’t like you, you’re out. It is a very small clinic and every day is stressful due to this continuing situation. The patients even comment about the obvious favoritism.
Pros
The company is a good company to work for
Cons
Local management
Great place
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Toccoa, GAOctober 3, 2018
Employees are super helpful. If one person doesn’t know the answer they will redirect you to someone who does. Provides training at home base, family oriented, and more than one location so transferring is not a big deal (especially moving to different state)
Training
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2018
Training at this company is non-existent. All they tell you is, "It's on the Hub". They need to invest in field trainers in a number of different areas.
Does not value employees
Wound Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  KentuckySeptember 24, 2018
This company cares about making money and fulfilling Hospital contracts at the expense of their employees. They do not value their employees; therefore, they have constant turnover. We were pushed to see as many patients as possible during a work day and expected to give quality care in minimal time. Management will micromanage and employees are rarely praised for their efforts. Frequent over time and many days without a lunch. I would not recommend this company.
Too much of a grind
AREA VICE PRESIDENT (Current Employee) –  NortheastSeptember 21, 2018
Healogics is a great company and it really takes care of their employees but not the AVPs. They will work you like a dog then fire you. Most AVPS do not make a bonus. They make the territory too large. Too much responsibility is dropped on the AVP. Be prepared to work from 5am to 9pm everyday of the week and 4 hours on the weekend. Goals are too large and unrealistic to achieve. You are a salesman, coach, HR, compliance, finance, IT, operations, practice manager, and area manager.
Pros
Travel reward program points add up fast
Cons
Too much travel, no bonus, too much work dumped on
Career building environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2018
Working with Healogics allowed me to build management skills providing me opportunities to take those traits and grow professionally. A very independent based company that allowed you opportunities to receive help and support from all management. In moments where my direct manager failed me I was always able to go to her manager for any additional support or clarification. Overall it was a great experience.
Poor management
HBO tech (Former Employee) –  Gardner Ma.September 14, 2018
I enjoyed working for Healogics in fact I miss my job and would definitely return. However my manager was cut throat and spoke demeaning to staff. Which made it a very uncomfortable environment.
Pros
Ok company to work for
Cons
Manager very cut throat and demeaning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healogics. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about