Healogics

Healogics Employee Reviews

Challenging and rewarding workplace
The most rewarding part of this job is the level of dedication of the team that you work with.
Overall good place to work
PROS
Wonderful work/life balance

Generous compensation package

Feel good role- healing patients

CONS

Corporate is revolving door/lots of changes to senior leadership

"Flavor of the week" initiatives leading to lack of direction
Lack of Leadership
Turnover due to poor management makes it difficult for new employees to learn position. No training and lack of job description make it impossible to succeed. Management doesn’t want to hear about problems within the work place and turns a blind eye to issues impacting staff and patients.
Fantastic!!
Wonderful company to work with. Professional, close knit work family atmosphere. Always new things to learn in the field of wound care!! This job experience is one of the best, the managers support you and are engaged in staff and patients. Fellow staff members are ALWAYS there to have your back and provide a helping hand when needed. Can not say enough about this awsome group of people!!
Stay away
It is corporate America. You are only a number to them. It doesn’t matter how hard you work, if you don’t produce numbers you are gone without a second thought. No one is safe from upper management to the providers. All you hear is productivity! I refuse to sacrifice patient care to meet the magic numbers they want.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Nurse Manager
Spent close to four years in the company, first as RN Case Manager, then promoted to Clinical Nurse Manager. Culture is toxic, mostly with upper management. Would go as far as to say it felt like a "boys club" of sorts at times. Expectations were not always clear. There was always talk of the center closing
Pros
Decent Pay. Good hours.
Cons
Toxic culture. Instability.
Corporate America
Way to big to know whats going on or who's responsible for what at the upper management levels. You will be punted around. Management competition. Completely numbers driven.
Small office/Big Hospital name: blurred lines in rules
I had 3 years experience in Patient Access when I applied for the job. I agreed to $14.75/ hr. I worked Monday thru Friday from 8-430p, with a 30 min lunch. The benefits were great. But because the office is a close-knit family and is so small (there were 6 people in the office...including the doctor), tensions rose high often and vacations were hard to get approved. Even while on vacation, you'd get contacted about a patient or a process.
A company in transition
The organization has seen several changes over the past 12-18 months, which has significantly reduced support roles. One must be a self-starter to maintain a positive trajectory.
Pros
Diversity of work responsibilities
Cons
Change is scary
Leadership not good
Not much to say, the company needs better people in leadership positions. This company is way too political but they salary scales is fair and there are some really good people who work there as well.
Mission and Vision are Clear and Patient Focused
Rewarding positions are abundant, where you feel as if you make a difference in patient's lives. Love my job and am recognized regularly by my peers and management.
Fantastic to contribute to the healing of patients and their families - work life balance difficult
At the local level, it is very satisfying to participate in the healing of patients' wounds; nurses and physicians truly work together as a team; Unfortunately, there appears to be quite a disconnect between team mates in the field and those at the corporate level.
Best of the BEST
I love and support this company. What an amazing place to work for. They are very family friendly and are willing to work with you during a crisis. I respect all of the upper management.
Very team oriented
I usually start my work at 8:30 am, collaboratively plan my day, and make sure that the most urgent work gets done first. I usually begin by going over the list from the previous day or week. This way I can set up my priorities. I review the status of the projects that I’m currently working on and I try to finish any pending work if present. I try to make sure that all the work assigned to me is moving forward without any glitches. I am responsible for reviewing jurisdictional correspondence and completing various projects that are assigned to me. I keep in touch with our external offices and internal departments and keep them updated about the progress of requests and make sure they are happy with the information that I have provided.
Would love to come back to this company
Great place to work, with wonderful coworkers and managememt. Looks out for employees and flexible for days off. They look out for their employees and have a great work environment
Depending on the department, Healogics is a great place to work. My understanding is that some departments have more issues than others, but IT has been really great. Leadership is awesome and very flexible.
Okay place
Healogics is very much about the community education vs what is actually happening in the clinic. The idea is to be out marketing most of the week which makes it hard to know what is actually going in the clinic with the staff.
I enjoyed the people i worked with.
Corporate management should let on site management make decisions that have relevance to individual Productivity. Please look into this. I am a good worker, apparently things were misconstrued.
Company
Enjoy working here, but not enough hours to support. Leadership is sporadic. However, management is overworked too. No coverage for when Dr. out. Genuine care for patient is seen in the Dr.s treatment of patients.
Pros
Working to help patients
Cons
Productivity is #1 to Company
Helping patients change lives
I love focusing on helping wounded patients change their lives. You must be a selfstarter needing very little direction to work at the management level or higher. No mentoring or assistance in career advancement. But the patient relations and impact is amazing.
Enjoyed the patients coming weekly to the center
Patients were satisfied with my overall technical savvy. I treated patients with all the consideration, expertise, go above and beyond, worked as they felt comfortable, great conversations as I continued my wound care.