Healogics

Healogics Culture reviews

Challenging and rewarding workplace
The most rewarding part of this job is the level of dedication of the team that you work with.
Nurse Manager
Spent close to four years in the company, first as RN Case Manager, then promoted to Clinical Nurse Manager. Culture is toxic, mostly with upper management. Would go as far as to say it felt like a "boys club" of sorts at times. Expectations were not always clear. There was always talk of the center closing
Pros
Decent Pay. Good hours.
Cons
Toxic culture. Instability.
Best of the BEST
I love and support this company. What an amazing place to work for. They are very family friendly and are willing to work with you during a crisis. I respect all of the upper management.
Would love to come back to this company
Great place to work, with wonderful coworkers and managememt. Looks out for employees and flexible for days off. They look out for their employees and have a great work environment
Depending on the department, Healogics is a great place to work. My understanding is that some departments have more issues than others, but IT has been really great. Leadership is awesome and very flexible.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Great place to start your career
This is an okay place to work. I wouldn't suggest building a long career with Healogics unless you are favored by Senior Management. The pay is not competitive for the work required.
Great coworkers and Management
Great people, good energy, looks out for their employees.
Hardest part of job was the Software, and its inability to interface with Accounting. Software also not user friendly.
Pros
nice people
Cons
payroll software
Toxic Culture
I work in the corporate office. I have never been in a more toxic environment. There is so much back stabbing and everyone is out for themselves. Even willing to throw their fellow employees under the bus to get ahead. It's disgusting. The whole culture is driven by the HR department who as so toxic and dysfunctional, it's no wonder why the office is so messed up. Don't waste your time here.
Good employer
As a PD, this is a contract position. If your contract terms, it's as though they expect you to leave. I stuck it out hopeful to save the contract then had to ask why I was not being compensated for fulfilling my job to the last day of the contract. I always enjoyed working for Healogics. they were constantly trying to make the culture better. You must be a self starter Or you will fail. There is not much training hams on. The training they do offer, you go away for one week and must retain everything. They should spread out the training
Great company with a strong, effective mission
I enjoyed my time at Healogics, where it truly is Patients First. I had a new AVP, and her time was stretched thin, and I was trying to open a new center from scratch as a new employee myself. But she did a good job of holding me accountable and providing guidance as much as she could. I like a boss who lets me know what's expected of me, and she was great for that.
$ focused only
Healogics used to be a very "people-focused" organization however has recently become completely focused on the #'s and $$ without actually realizing that people are the only way to achieve that. They view personnel as a revolving door and replaceable versus focusing on trying to keep morale up and retain good staff. There's very little communication from upper management unless they are coming in to tell you what you're doing wrong. The nurses and nurse managers work their butts off and PDs and above get the credit. Forget about structured training-- aside from the training in Florida there is no orientation plan for the clinicians. It would be great if they would provide more hands-on support but to be honest they are skimming their RDCOs out and the RDCOs aren't even approachable half the time anyway (Think nursing school instructor who hasn't actually practiced in the field in so many years that their feedback isn't realistic). I've seen unethical things happen in the company over the past 2 years; I've seen multiple people stay within the company for years and then not have a job one day because there's no loyalty to the people, and I've seen unrealistic expectations. Management really needs to address this and change the culture back to the way it was 3-4 years ago.
Pros
no nights or weekends
Cons
you are a disposable resource to them, $$ focused, not patient or people focused
Cruel Leadership
It’s surprising that after the false claims lawsuit, the culture hasn't changed. New employees are not welcomed, and female executives are quick to judge other colleagues. They openly portray deceitful behaviors towards them along with talking poorly about wound care physicians and program directors. One team that I worked with is cannibalizing each other based on three main players, all unprofessional women.

CEO: Pay attention to how your leadership team treats others. If one of your programs isn't turning out revenue after almost a year, look at who's driving the train and who the two are closest to that person. If an employee leaves abruptly, something isn't working within the organization. Bullying, bad behavior and a closed-door policy should not be allowed by leadership. Clean it up and demand a work environment that promotes success for both current and new employees.
Pros
Cons
No orientation for new hires, new employees are not welcome, outsiders made to feel less than, jealous employees that think they should have been promoted to the position you were hired for, unfair & unprofessional behavior from specific women leadership and no support
Love coming to work here
A great company to work for with a great mission. Management is very compassionate and task oriented. The overall experience of being part of a team is wonderful.
Best company I ever worked for
I loved the autonomy amid a supporting, empowering culture. Healogics is well grounded, yet young and moving at a fast pace.

Co-workers are impressive and Healogics has many people working at the top of their game. Excellence is the standard.

As an employee, I felt appreciated, valued, and respected.
Satisfied with my separation from Healogics
In addition to working regular hours of 8:30 - 5pm, I would be working early mornings and late nights to attempt to keep up with the organizational needs. Most of the employees are overworked and are nervous about maintaining their jobs. An example would be the Executive assistants have 5-6 executives they report to. There was frequent turnover including the C-Suite. The entire C-Suite turned over since I started. I reported to 4 different bosses. I spent a tremendous amount of effort updating the new bosses so they could get up-to-speed as quickly as possible. The culture is driven by Human Resources. They are involved in all decision making related to Physician operations and recruitment. The most enjoyable part of my job was solving problems. There were many instances where operations had outstanding issues that lasted for years without anyone helping. I was able to review and provide a resolution very quickly. My cell phone was always one and available for the team.
Busy but relaxed environment
Small staff but very transparent. We are a team and everyone helps each other out.

I really enjoyed interacting with the patients; easing their fears and showing compassion toward them. The entire staff is upbeat and caring.

Management is always looking for ways to help you improve and move ahead.
Pros
Nurturing management, supportive staff, able to leave for family issues
Run!
You are made to feel replaceable and no different than anyone else performing the same job. This company has a HIGH leadership turnover rate. The culture is toxic and the duties are always increasing. DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU VALUE YOUR SANITY.
Pros
Fast pace atmosphere and an abundance of wound management education
Cons
Poor advance leadership assistance and limited advancement opportunities
Fast-paced environment; changing the lives of patients
Healogics cares about the mission and vision. The company is consistently working towards improving company culture and listens to employees. Healogics has provided many growth opportunities and invests in training/resources for each employee.
Worst company ever -
It is not what you know but who you know. Watch your back with the regional people - they are liars and unethical. They put people in the chamber that shouldn't go in so they can bill the hospital. If you are not in their circle, they will eliminate you. They cover for each other and tell hospitals lies to get them to sign a contract. Unless you are one of the originals and go along with the fraud, the culture is terrible.
A great Place to work!
It's a friendly environment. The management team issued clear cut and concise expectations and follow up by assuring you have the tools, information and encouragement to accomplish them.
Let Down
Good leaders will inspire their employees's, not at this place. The culture is not a good value, for employee's or patient's. Lots of violations within the company to the point if the state can come in and they would close shop.
Pros
Free reps luncheons, great benefits, pay is good
Cons
Backstabbing, deceitful, short breaks, work your fingers to the bone