Health At Home Employee Reviews

Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Georgia RemoteFebruary 13, 2019
I have truly enjoyed my 30+ year career with this company and working with such a caring & dedicated group of professionals. It is a pleasure providing administrative support for a variety of clinicians who take pride in the care we provide for our clients.
Pros
Work Schedule, Teamwork, Respect, Training
Cons
Cost of family benefits
Fulfilling job
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILFebruary 11, 2019
I thoroughly enjoy my job. I love being a case manager, I love providing care for my patients. My typical day workload is generally split between patient visits, documentation, and case management duties. I have learned home health regulations, wound care, and other valuable skills. The hardest part of the job is balancing work and home life/time to exercise, along with the loss of long-time patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I provide the best care I am able to each of my patients.
Pros
Most patients are in facilities
Cons
Prefer not to answer
Never apply to this company
Office (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTFebruary 9, 2019
Terrible place to work. State should be closing them down. Backstabbing office workers. No clients and poor management. Turnover is outrageous ! Stay away and find yourself another job!
Stay away this is an awful example of homecare
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTJanuary 5, 2019
Highly unorganized. Management doesn’t know what they are doing, staff morale is awful and are all new and looking for other jobs they don’t take good care of the patients which is the most important or should be .. terrible place!!!! Stay away
Less work hours
Geriatric Home visit medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 21, 2018
Diversity is needed and education. I worked as Medical Social Worker, but hours per week less than 10 hr. Company is a Home Healthcare. The company mood hostile.
Pros
None applicable
Cons
None applicable
Very Busy and productive workplace
Health Information Technician II Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 5, 2018
Great place to work very busy and productive, Workplace enjoyable. Positive workplace culture Co workers friendly worked as a team.
Enjoyable place
Stressfull
Medical Records/Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTOctober 25, 2018
When I worked at Health at Home, many internal changes were made. Every department head, including the president of the company changed in the three years I worked there.

I see the company is still offering services. I am sure they found the right group of people to solve their problems.
Decent
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 1, 2018
I only worked here for a few months, had to leave due to personal reasons. I don't recall any significant problems. I do recall a high turnover of staff but that's all.
low client census
Home Health Nurse, LVN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Health at Home lost too many clients for me to see to the point that I was made to work in the office for months just to answer the phone and occasionally to see a client and at that point it was decided that they had to let me go.
Pros
Cons
poor management
Great Company
Companion Aide (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 3, 2018
They really treat their employees and clients well. Loved working for them!
Great environment to work in. The managers were really understanding and great to work with as well.
company does not follow mission statement
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 16, 2018
until July this was a great company to work for. however the new regional director of operations is running off good employees, with an attitude that if they don't like something, get rid of them
Pros
was a great agency until July 2018
Cons
new upper management
Very poor corporate structure
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 30, 2018
They do not put people first. They view people as disposable. They are a top heavy company that only value putting more money in their own pockets. What they pay the caregivers is laughable. They have no stability in their offices and have a horrible reputation in the community. Avoid this company if possible.
Pros
Upper level jobs pay well
Cons
Too many to count
Too much change, cut throat corporate
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 25, 2018
This company has gone so much change in the Austin area. 3 clinical managers and 3 directors in the last year! You are here one day, and not the next! Corporate is out of Georgia, they have unrealistic expectations. This company has private duty, they don't pay enough. Minimum wage (or sightly above) for care providers, no one living in Austin can afford to live off of that wage. Office staff don't stay, several schedulers, office HR staff ..all have quit. Not enough vacation days, no staff to cover while you're out. This place is stressful to work for.
Pros
Most patients are at Westminster, Delaney and Longhorn village
Cons
No real direction from mgt, too many new unexperienced mgt leaders, patient care suffers
Great Sense of Values for Employees & Customer Service for the Aging Population
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJune 9, 2018
This company is great in having all the technical advancement and customer service values to help the Aging Population to enjoy life to the fullest. They owned and managed beautiful communities for the elderlies and they have the best training and health care personnel to ensure that their aging customers are provided with the best service.

My employment there was one of the greatest experience due to all the opportunities to grow in my career and as a person as well by working closely with all levels of employees.
Pros
Strong Values for excellent Customer Service
Cons
Lay off's due to Company Merger outside the state
health at home tempe not for me
CNA/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 2, 2018
it was great at the begining alot of hours but then they wanted me to commit to a 30 min. day and as team lead they said that i had too so i found another job with 12 hr shifts because health at home tempe told me i wasnt going to be team lead anymore.
Multiple VP's
Administrator and Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 29, 2018
Multiple VP's in short period of time
Too much change in leadership
Need stability with in the corporate office to provide clear direction
Needed more guidance
Everyone is respectful of diversity
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 24, 2018
Everyone is very respectful of each individuals differences and attributes within the company. We work well with each other.
Typical day is fast-paced with all the recruiting/scheduling etc.
Hardest part of the job I would say would be retaining great employees.
Most enjoyable part of the job would be knowing that all deadlines have been met.
Pros
Able to work remotely
Cons
Too attached to some clients that pass away
Active and dedicated to work
Caing for older adult (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 24, 2018
Work collaboration. team work and corporation among employees and employers. Works is not tedious. Clients are kind and easy to deal with. I learned many things in my place of work: such as how to deal with older adults, handling them carefully and engaging them in activities of daily living. Discussing with them and making them feel at home. Going out to places for sight view. I managed my work appropriately by ensuring that standard precaution is observed. Medication administered appropriately. Culture a great priority which must be respected. The hardest part of the job is working with a dementia patient who is difficult to redirect. Moreover, the most enjoyable part of the job is working with nice clients who appreciate my assistance to them.
Pros
Cordial interaction
Cons
No break. Always with client till closing time.
Working with seniors
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 10, 2018
Helping others is my passion especially seniors. I really liked developing a relationship with my customers, patients and teir families. I educate my customers and patients on the benefits of home care.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAApril 19, 2018
Go to clients home and assist them with activities of daily living.which might include helping them with a bath, light house keeping.Going to do things that they can't.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health At Home. Our community is ready to answer.