Health at Home Employee Reviews

low client census
Home Health Nurse, LVN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Health at Home lost too many clients for me to see to the point that I was made to work in the office for months just to answer the phone and occasionally to see a client and at that point it was decided that they had to let me go.
Pros
Cons
poor management
Great Company
Companion Aide (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 3, 2018
They really treat their employees and clients well. Loved working for them!
Great environment to work in. The managers were really understanding and great to work with as well.
Very poor corporate structure
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 30, 2018
They do not put people first. They view people as disposable. They are a top heavy company that only value putting more money in their own pockets. What they pay the caregivers is laughable. They have no stability in their offices and have a horrible reputation in the community. Avoid this company if possible.
Pros
Upper level jobs pay well
Cons
Too many to count
Too much change, cut throat corporate
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 25, 2018
This company has gone so much change in the Austin area. 3 clinical managers and 3 directors in the last year! You are here one day, and not the next! Corporate is out of Georgia, they have unrealistic expectations. This company has private duty, they don't pay enough. Minimum wage (or sightly above) for care providers, no one living in Austin can afford to live off of that wage. Office staff don't stay, several schedulers, office HR staff ..all have quit. Not enough vacation days, no staff to cover while you're out. This place is stressful to work for.
Pros
Most patients are at Westminster, Delaney and Longhorn village
Cons
No real direction from mgt, too many new unexperienced mgt leaders, patient care suffers
Great Sense of Values for Employees & Customer Service for the Aging Population
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJune 9, 2018
This company is great in having all the technical advancement and customer service values to help the Aging Population to enjoy life to the fullest. They owned and managed beautiful communities for the elderlies and they have the best training and health care personnel to ensure that their aging customers are provided with the best service.

My employment there was one of the greatest experience due to all the opportunities to grow in my career and as a person as well by working closely with all levels of employees.
Pros
Strong Values for excellent Customer Service
Cons
Lay off's due to Company Merger outside the state
health at home tempe not for me
CNA/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 2, 2018
it was great at the begining alot of hours but then they wanted me to commit to a 30 min. day and as team lead they said that i had too so i found another job with 12 hr shifts because health at home tempe told me i wasnt going to be team lead anymore.
Multiple VP's
Administrator and Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 29, 2018
Multiple VP's in short period of time
Too much change in leadership
Need stability with in the corporate office to provide clear direction
Needed more guidance
Everyone is respectful of diversity
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 24, 2018
Everyone is very respectful of each individuals differences and attributes within the company. We work well with each other.
Typical day is fast-paced with all the recruiting/scheduling etc.
Hardest part of the job I would say would be retaining great employees.
Most enjoyable part of the job would be knowing that all deadlines have been met.
Pros
Able to work remotely
Cons
Too attached to some clients that pass away
Active and dedicated to work
Caing for older adult (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 24, 2018
Work collaboration. team work and corporation among employees and employers. Works is not tedious. Clients are kind and easy to deal with. I learned many things in my place of work: such as how to deal with older adults, handling them carefully and engaging them in activities of daily living. Discussing with them and making them feel at home. Going out to places for sight view. I managed my work appropriately by ensuring that standard precaution is observed. Medication administered appropriately. Culture a great priority which must be respected. The hardest part of the job is working with a dementia patient who is difficult to redirect. Moreover, the most enjoyable part of the job is working with nice clients who appreciate my assistance to them.
Pros
Cordial interaction
Cons
No break. Always with client till closing time.
Working with seniors
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 10, 2018
Helping others is my passion especially seniors. I really liked developing a relationship with my customers, patients and teir families. I educate my customers and patients on the benefits of home care.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAApril 19, 2018
Go to clients home and assist them with activities of daily living.which might include helping them with a bath, light house keeping.Going to do things that they can't.
n/a
Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 10, 2018
the pay can be better the staff can be better can have better employee programs better incentives vacation pay time off pay. sick pay and can have a stable schedule
Productive and a great learning environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2018
Helping the retired and disabled with continuous ADL's. Being a sitter and companion when needed. Learning to never take a day for granted and appreciate all that you are able to do for yourself without the help of others. Management in the beginning was somewhat great but after some time that changed. Workplace can change from day to day so you never know what to really expect. The hardest part of the job was the day to day change if there was no set schedule for you because you wouldn't know what the client would be like until you arrived. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexible hours.
Pros
Going out to different place with your clients and weekly pay.
Cons
No benefits, No paid time off, No job security.
Review
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 14, 2018
High paced environment. Did not enjoy the on call hours. Did not have a good work life balance for my needs. Left due to this reason. Overall liked the company.
ok
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLJanuary 19, 2018
I honestly hated working here because of some of the clients' rude remarks and the co-workers. I never been so stressed in my life,Some days were good where I would not have to much and I also hated the fact that they would not tell me about my client before I meet them.
Pros
breaks
Cons
some clients
company in transition
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2018
The AZ Market is in transition as they are in a partnership with 4 adult communities that are supposed to refer business to them for Home Health and Private Duty. 1 of those communities just opened and has very few residents and others don't like Health at Home so they don't work with them
Relaxed environment
CNA/GNA/ Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Pikesville, MDDecember 27, 2017
I would recommend this job for someone just starting out. Someone who is in school or just graduating. It's a relaxed atmosphere and very laid back. You can get hours.
Pros
You can work as many hours as you want.
Cons
Not enough hours
ok job
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILNovember 17, 2017
High employee turn over rate, hours are not guaranteed, manager always blames others/talk about employees, management asks to do something that is not your responsibility.
unorganized
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTSeptember 29, 2017
I work perdiem, so its pretty on demand work. Its homecare so I assesses clients post hospital stay and admit them per Homecare protacols. Also do wound care and pre pour meds. Also assess clients on a homebound statis to see if there is as nursing skill needed to admit
Hardest part of job is to catch up with the doctors to get orders
Pros
Interacting with clients
Cons
Getting doctors orders
Poor management
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2017
Completely unorganized and management is not licensed. Had 2 complete management changes in a 9 month period.No job security and when referrals are low patients are admitted with no real need to be in home health.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Can get cut anytime