Health Business Solutions Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent Benefits
Project Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 9, 2018
My time at HBS was brief but I was paid well and my coworkers were wonderful. Management at the time was a little disorganized. They needed some more training on how to be on one accord.
Tiene una cultura excelente de servicio al cliente. Facilidades excelentes, cafeteria con descuento para los empleados, incentivos por producción.
Directora de credito y cobro (Former Employee) –  Manati, Puerto ricoNovember 23, 2017
Ambiente de respeto, imagen corporativa y múltiples beneficios. La relación de la administración es excelente. Reuniones periodias de capacitación gerencial
Pros
Seguro médico, plan de retiro, educacion continua. Actividad de confraternizacion en veran y navidad.
Cons
Al momento ninguno.
Great potential
Quality Assurance Director/Business Performance (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FLSeptember 19, 2016
Small up and coming company. If you have a desire to grow, be sure you are making that evident so that you will know up front if this is the environment desired. There is a great opportunity to learn and lend expertise- but not for free.
Nice job environment
CDRS/ROI Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2015
Fun work environment, everyone gets along. Downtown Manhattan is the place to be. I learned a lot during my time there.. until the lay off.
Hours are decent pay was reasonable for the time I was there.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Layoffs
Making things easier for patients and billing matters
Liaison (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 25, 2015
I was a liaison under contract between HBS and University of Miami.
I worked independently on behalf of HBS. I learned that more than one insurance can be responsible for payments for one particular incident. Health Business solutions determined who was responsible and collected payments. My coworkers at UofM were all relatively friendly. I didn't get an opportunity to travel up to see the coworkers directly in my company, but when I did, they were always warm and friendly.
Pros
Bonuses!!!! When goals were met and were exceeded. Flexability of time
Cons
Short breaks.
Worked denials for hospital accounts
Denial Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillcrest Hospital Waco TexasJanuary 23, 2014
assigned commercial accounts to work insurance denials, worked some billing accounts to send to the various insurances for payment
Non compliance with mi billing rules for payers
DENIAL RECOVERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  DEARBORN MIJuly 1, 2013
There is no rules or policy for the employees. Everyone does what they want.The billing staff have no one to go to for departmental decision. There is no training. They expect you to pay the certification that MI does even recognize in our state. The coders are not certified coders. Everyone changes HCPCs,ICD-9 and CPT codes. The Senior Director is from Ohio and has no clue as to how to produce revenue in this state.They are fooling all of their client.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Senior management and want to be managers
New company
Senior Denial Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FLJanuary 14, 2013
I served dual roles while emplyed at HBS, as a certified medical coder I reviewed codes for proper reimbursement based upon billing regions and locations and I worked insurance specialist. My day to day duties included account reviews, data entry, customer service, claim review. HBS was a fairly new company during my employment and in my opinion management at the time lacked the ability to motivate the team and showed lack of leadership. I enjoyed the work environement and the fellow employees of HBS.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
management
Some good days and a lot of bad days due to having 6 managers either quit or being fired in one year
Certified Denial Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 7, 2012
It differs I primary work on releasing claims through and billing system clearing out all errors. I also process claims that have been rejected for a variety of issues ranging from registration to coding errors.
Pros
lunch every month and employee of the month bonus
Cons
computer issues and changing of management every other month
Productive. Always taking on accounts to try and keep you busy.
Office Support (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 22, 2012
Allows room for advancement. Dental and health care. Paid holidays off. Overtime is allowed.
Pros
bonus
Cons
1/2 hour lunch break
All work, no play.
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, nyJanuary 19, 2012
In all my twenty-five years of work, this was by far the worst company that I have ever worked for. I am a worker that does not exspect anything from a company. But before they let us go they could have a least had a meeting or sent us an e-mail.
Pros
they did have free lunch.
I was able to learn a whole new field with great team work
Client Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Far RockawayDecember 13, 2011
I knew nothing of Drug and Alchohol Rehabilitation and was able in less than a year working with peers and counselers to obtain all the Contacts and paper work needed to help these clients get back on thier feet. The Supervisors were very knowledgeable and a great help.
Pros
free lunch, good team to work with
Cons
long travel and only 1/2 hr lunch (not paid)