Health Care District of Palm Beach County

Health Care District of Palm Beach County Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Too many Chiefs, too few Indians!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Overall, the District is a good employer with satisfactory pay and benefits, but the workplace culture suffers as a result of many multi-level managers, and poor communication between them and staff.
Pros
Good 401K and health insurance.
Cons
Very few options for promotions.
Great benefits!!
Claim Analyst (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLDecember 29, 2017
The job was great.I never wanted to leave i enjoyed what I was doing there.I wish i could go back . I really miss the the people's providers and everything else
Pros
You learned a lot. And the benefits was excellent.
Cons
The management should have been a little better
Enjoyable work
Health Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 30, 2017
Enjoyed working independently. Liked that my work took me to a different place each week. No room for boredom. Most importantly loved my work and my coworkers.
Benefits
Cons
No place to advance
Great team atmosphere
Print & Mailroom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLOctober 9, 2017
A typical day at work would be fast pace, ready to work kinda day. The staff is always very welcoming and ready to work for a great company. Making sure that all patients had the right insurance information was so rewarding because it gave the company a chance to really help other in need.
Pros
Awesome staff
Cons
no cons
Mentally and physically draining company to work for
Clinics (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLAugust 19, 2017
Care only about production.
Awful working environment.
Terrible pay
Management is fake
No breaks
Human Resources is very unprofessional and lacks experience
Stressful place
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLAugust 7, 2017
HCD is a stressful and unbalanced place. Management in some departments do not have any degrees or the skills for the job. It shows in the division in the departments. Things are kept a secret and some employees work all day and was brought in at the end of the day and was let go. They had to pack up and leave right then, It was so scary and sad
Pros
We help some of the less fortunate
Cons
lack of management skills, communication and trust
Great Atmosphere
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLJuly 20, 2017
Managers are great, the benefits are excellent, the co-workers are like family and make the day go by fast. The HCDPBC provides insurance for those who cannot afford it, good cause. The school nurses and the trauma Hawk staff are all very friendly as well,
benefits
Cons
could pay a little better
nice place to work if you usually get along with all kind of people
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLJune 14, 2017
I was very close with the CEO that was a great person and manager but like in every other workplace there are others that are not so good. As a workplace it was good, with good benefits and a place where you can learn a lot, not too much place of advancement even though you can have some but they are not to helpful in that manner. Is a good place if you like helping others to get the necessary health treatment and help with payments or finding an insurance for people with no income. The hardest part is mostly some co workers or difficult situations that you can encounter with real sick people that can't be helped the way they need and wan.t
Pros
Helping others
Cons
needs more advancement opportunities
A wonderful place of employment
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLJune 6, 2017
this is a great company to work for. the benefits are great. i have been working here for 4 years, i am beyond happy with this place. i love it here and so will you.
Positive and fun learning environment
Registered Nurse, School Health (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLMay 3, 2017
A typical day involves providing emergency and acute care for students and staff. I have learned to work autonomously and rely on my own skills and professional judgement. The supervisors, clinical educators and other nurses are excellent resources for further information and teaching if needed. The culture is fun but very positive. The hardest part of the job is the case management which involves trying to reach parents and get them to actively participate in their children's health. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with my students. I also enjoy socializing as a group with my colleagues.
School Nurses are some of the best people I have ever worked with
School Nurse RN (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLApril 11, 2017
My experience with The Health Care District so far has been a very positive one. Every person that I have worked with has been professional, and seemed to be really supportive and caring.
Safety net for health care in this county
Billing Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 29, 2017
Dedicated staff in all the many departments of this special taxing district for Palm Beach County. As a member of the Revenue Cycle dept. for the Primary Care clinics, I lead a team of billing staff that serves the uninsured and under-insured population while guarding the tax payers interest as well.
Great Company
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 9, 2016
Is a great company with good benefits, is a good company to growth in the future, management are good. Is a company that help plenty of people from the community
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short brake
Friendly atmosphere
Enrollment and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLApril 25, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company, the benefits are great and I have always have great supervisors.

A typical workday is usually unpredictable not knowing what problems that I would face with different customers, but I usually handle just about every situation.
Nice to be working with professional people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLApril 22, 2016
A fun job to go to every day and great co-workers. Worked there full time in the beginning and decided to go part time and they allowed me to do so.
Pros
Cons
Older building and sometimes things break down
Good place to work and professional people to work with
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLApril 20, 2016
It was a very good place to work for wish I could of worked a little longer than the 3 years and 11 months but because of the Affordable Care Act our work load declined and layoff's were used. Enjoyed coming to work each day and had nice co-workers and supervisor. The work we did was very helpful to the customers who needed referrals to Doctor offices and Hospitals and I was glad I was part of a team that help people get their health care.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
no perks for part timers
Great place to work. Intelligent managers and co-workers made it easy!
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLApril 17, 2016
I appreciate all that I've learned within my journey at HCD as a Claims Examiner II. We all grew together and gave 100% of our expertise to ensure that our job was well done. It's unfortunate that the economy played a huge role in the decision making of our future there.
Pros
Multiple training classes and department meetings to keep us informed on company politics.
Cons
Knowing that your journey would end soon and not by choice.
Very smart and professional
Enrollment analyst (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 14, 2016
Busy processing applications for county health insurance, answering phone from clients and outside agencies and explaining benefits
productive and intelligent
Claims Examiner II (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLApril 10, 2016
Very Communicative and informative. I appreciate the CEO's honesty in which Health Care District is leading us. You don't find too many companies as honest. They hate to be bearers of any bad or conflicting news, however they conduct meetings and consistently give updates.
Pros
informative
Cons
It was a fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLAugust 21, 2015
I have enjoyed working for The Health Care District as it was a place of stability and a nice environment to work. The benefits were good and management was fair.