Health Care District of Palm Beach County

Health Care District of Palm Beach County Employee Reviews

Great employer serving an indigent community.
Provider Network Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 2, 2019
The Health Care District of Palm Beach County is an amazing organization that truly services the indigent population. Providing basic primary care services and some specialty services to the community.
Stressful, unhealthy environment
Specialist (Former Employee) –  West palm beachNovember 26, 2018
Horrible and stressful environment, managers do not care for there staff. Especially West Palm Beach 45th st locations. No security for the employee working there ex: patient with mental health issue can walk in with a gun and you can’t question them. Security just stands there to look pretty. Manager makes you go to work even when you are sick. No compassion what so ever.
Pros
9 hours of PTO, cheap insurance
Work as an elementary school nurse
School Nurse RN (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs Elementary, Lake Worth, FloridaSeptember 23, 2018
I love being a school nurse. There is much public health that I do. I provide resources for the parents and community for medical, dental and vision care. I work as a team with the various resource areas to help get the parents the help they need for the children.
I care for children with chronic illnesses and teach the individual child the skills they need to become independent.
I coordinate with teachers, staff and administrators for screening and routine health routines with minimum invasion of classroom time.
I have a "nurses health club" for the children. I guide them to eat the healthiest lunch offered on the menu (96% qualify for free lunch) and have them take the last ten minutes of their lunch to do fun exercise routines including a short jog. Providing of course, my clinic is free of sick children.
I am responsible for all documentation including health visits, medication administration, chronic health conditions,case managements and screenings. I check all school registrations and immunizations for health needs and accuracy.
I have fun with the children and provide colorful bulletin boards promoting health.
I am a health resource for the facility.
Health Care District supports and guides me with policies and procedure. The school administration, who do not have medical backgrounds come for me for support and discuss safety issues with me.
I use a great deal of my previous job experience knowledge and learned much more about public health and school policy and procedures for short term, chronically ill or special needs children.

Most difficult
  more... part of my job is road blocks that I encounter when trying to getting a child what he needs physically or emotionally.  less
Pros
Everything and health benefits
Cons
Salary
All staff very fair and responsive; supervisors on top of everything.
School Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Great place! Could not ask for better vacation, days off great. same as school children. Benefits health & dental good. Retirement money put in yearly in good amount
after working there one year. Good coverage of schools. one or two nurses for each s ho in the county
Pros
Supervisors very fair & they listen!
Cons
O cons whatsoever.
School Nursing
School Nurse RN (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLSeptember 3, 2018
It is a great place to grow with your team and the school you are in.
Take care of students with various diagnoses and needs. If you like life being fast passed with always a new challenge this is the job for you. Help students stay in school and have the best opportunity for success by helping them stay healthy.
If you want weekends off and holidays this job gives you the opportunity to spend time with your own children and family.
Summers off are wonderful too. The pay is good if you look at the hours worked vs. off.
Pros
the days go by fast; always something new to learn
Cons
limited lunch breaks
Great Benefits
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLJune 3, 2018
Health Care District is a great place to work for if you want great benefits. I benefit from working in a team environment as well as on my own. There is a great workplace environment as everybody is friendly and every department functions together.
Too many Chiefs, too few Indians!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Overall, the District is a good employer with satisfactory pay and benefits, but the workplace culture suffers as a result of many multi-level managers, and poor communication between them and staff.
Pros
Good 401K and health insurance.
Cons
Very few options for promotions.
Great benefits!!
Claim Analyst (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLDecember 29, 2017
The job was great.I never wanted to leave i enjoyed what I was doing there.I wish i could go back . I really miss the the people's providers and everything else
Pros
You learned a lot. And the benefits was excellent.
Cons
The management should have been a little better
Enjoyable work
Health Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 30, 2017
Enjoyed working independently. Liked that my work took me to a different place each week. No room for boredom. Most importantly loved my work and my coworkers.
Benefits
Cons
No place to advance
Great team atmosphere
Print & Mailroom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLOctober 9, 2017
A typical day at work would be fast pace, ready to work kinda day. The staff is always very welcoming and ready to work for a great company. Making sure that all patients had the right insurance information was so rewarding because it gave the company a chance to really help other in need.
Pros
Awesome staff
Cons
no cons
Mentally and physically draining company to work for
Clinics (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLAugust 19, 2017
Care only about production.
Awful working environment.
Terrible pay
Management is fake
No breaks
Human Resources is very unprofessional and lacks experience
Stressful place
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLAugust 7, 2017
HCD is a stressful and unbalanced place. Management in some departments do not have any degrees or the skills for the job. It shows in the division in the departments. Things are kept a secret and some employees work all day and was brought in at the end of the day and was let go. They had to pack up and leave right then, It was so scary and sad
Pros
We help some of the less fortunate
Cons
lack of management skills, communication and trust
Great Atmosphere
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLJuly 20, 2017
Managers are great, the benefits are excellent, the co-workers are like family and make the day go by fast. The HCDPBC provides insurance for those who cannot afford it, good cause. The school nurses and the trauma Hawk staff are all very friendly as well,
benefits
Cons
could pay a little better
nice place to work if you usually get along with all kind of people
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLJune 14, 2017
I was very close with the CEO that was a great person and manager but like in every other workplace there are others that are not so good. As a workplace it was good, with good benefits and a place where you can learn a lot, not too much place of advancement even though you can have some but they are not to helpful in that manner. Is a good place if you like helping others to get the necessary health treatment and help with payments or finding an insurance for people with no income. The hardest part is mostly some co workers or difficult situations that you can encounter with real sick people that can't be helped the way they need and wan.t
Pros
Helping others
Cons
needs more advancement opportunities
A wonderful place of employment
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLJune 6, 2017
this is a great company to work for. the benefits are great. i have been working here for 4 years, i am beyond happy with this place. i love it here and so will you.
Positive and fun learning environment
Registered Nurse, School Health (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLMay 3, 2017
A typical day involves providing emergency and acute care for students and staff. I have learned to work autonomously and rely on my own skills and professional judgement. The supervisors, clinical educators and other nurses are excellent resources for further information and teaching if needed. The culture is fun but very positive. The hardest part of the job is the case management which involves trying to reach parents and get them to actively participate in their children's health. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with my students. I also enjoy socializing as a group with my colleagues.
School Nurses are some of the best people I have ever worked with
School Nurse RN (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLApril 11, 2017
My experience with The Health Care District so far has been a very positive one. Every person that I have worked with has been professional, and seemed to be really supportive and caring.
Safety net for health care in this county
Billing Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 29, 2017
Dedicated staff in all the many departments of this special taxing district for Palm Beach County. As a member of the Revenue Cycle dept. for the Primary Care clinics, I lead a team of billing staff that serves the uninsured and under-insured population while guarding the tax payers interest as well.
Great Company
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 9, 2016
Is a great company with good benefits, is a good company to growth in the future, management are good. Is a company that help plenty of people from the community
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short brake
Friendly atmosphere
Enrollment and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLApril 25, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company, the benefits are great and I have always have great supervisors.

A typical workday is usually unpredictable not knowing what problems that I would face with different customers, but I usually handle just about every situation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Care District of Palm Beach County. Our community is ready to answer.

Health Care District of Palm Beach County Reviews by Location