Health Carousel

Working at Health Carousel: 35 Reviews

United States35 reviews

goodgreatworkjobmanagementhealthcarouselpay

Good Benefits

The work is challenging and sometimes overwhelming. Heavy workload makes it nearly impossible to have any growth. The company is pretty progressive and tries to to diverse. Benefits are great compared to other companies I've seen. High turn over in all departments, likely due to work load. Training isn't the greatest. Processes constantly changing. Other departments don't collaborate to get the job done effectively. Hybrid WFH schedule is nice

Pros

Great benefits, Pto, Holidays, Volunteering time

Cons

High turn over, heavy work load

Before forewarned!

Honestly, this place was toxic and a huge waste of time! I put in the effort that I was asked to and because my boss accidentally gave misinformation to a nurse that nurse backed out of a contract I was held responsible. I appreciate the fact that my boss took ownership of that, but I don't understand why I was let go for something completely out of my control. This place likes to preach about transparency with nurses and communication with management, yet they will stab you in the back as soon as you turn around. The management here is, quite frankly, toxic to say the least! They promise you the moon and don't deliver anything! I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's very hard to succeed here given the industry and job what it is. Management knew I had certain struggles because I was very transparent about that, but they did nothing to help accommodate despite asking what they could do to help. I had high hopes for this job, but it was a huge letdown in many ways. Honestly, don't bother wasting your time when you are underpaid and underappreciated as a nurse recruiter. There are much better opportunities in this industry if you decide to be a recruiter. This simply isn't it!

Health Carousel insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness

Broken promises and sketchy business techniques

Beware. You’ll work your butt off and then be refused a commission that’s rightfully yours. Many agencies paying more. Culture is decent but there is definitely favorites.

Good

A travel nurse company, so you are always at the mercy of the places in need of travel nurses. This company is great with communication and the nurse recruiters do their best to get you signed up for interviews.

Not great. Tons of lies and back stabbing

Like the title stated nothing but lies and scams. Promising a work life balance. Very back handed tactics. Management is joke. They don't help. They don't listen. Just an echo chamber.

April 18, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback, though we are concerned to see this and we encourage you to reach out to your manager or HR to discuss this further to make sure you have the support and resources you need to succeed as we also hold our leaders to the highest level of integrity and accountability.

Quickly growing, no clear direction

Company is growing insanely quick, new management coming in and shaking things up with the intentions of continued growth. Job security became a concern with new management and increased turnover. High stress environment, everyday feels like you’re running to keep up. Good benefits, flexibility with WFH and hours. Release nights take 3-4 hours

April 18, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are very glad to see you enjoyed the company culture and people as we strive to create an atmosphere where employees can connect to something bigger than themselves and enjoy each day. It is concerning for us to see a review like this about new leaders, especially on a public forum. We are committed to being a culture where all employees are treated fairly and have the support, coaching, and resources to succeed and that includes all leaders. We encourage you to reach out to HR or your manager to discuss your feedback and ensure you have the support you need.

Helpful employee supervisors.

Health Carousel has good management. They will help from the start until you get comfortable working on your designated facility. Employee Supervisors will help you if you have questions and will do their best to answer and resolve any issues you have in your facility. They have good benefits as well. The thing that I don't like is the length of their contract is too long.

Management is in their own echo chamber

I fled finance because the management does not listen to feedback. They request it, 'act' on it but nothing actionable happens. When issues are brought to the forefront, no one listens and it is best to stay quiet unless you wish to be treated poorly. The turnover is high because they need sheeple, not leaders or growth oriented workers. The good, strong employees either leave finance or escape the company entirely. Health Carousel has a fancy office, great mission, but the company is hampered by continued promotion of poor managers.

January 11, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to follow up and leave feedback. It is unfortunate you came to view our business and our team in this way as we aim to create a healthy and productive environment for our employees to enjoy so we can continue to do the work that impacts patients all over the U.S. Our leadership is working hard to listen to our employees and understand how we can improve. We will continue to do this and we will bring your concerns to the appropriate leaders. We wish you best in your new ventures.

Stay away from this company

The ONLY positive part of this company was my recruiter. She tried to tend to every issue I presented to her but clearly was not supported by her superiors. This company will not stand by you if/when there are changes to contracts or locations after the contract has been signed. They are noncompliant with following up with injuries and insurance after assignment is completed.

Pros

Good recruiter

Cons

Hr, upper management, they don't stick by your side when something goes wrong.

They're ok

I loved the hospital I was assigned at, but the pay and compensation is pretty low through the company. If you can stick it out in your contract (which usually lasts 3 years), just work hard and complete it best you can. They didn't do a great job processing any extra pay or overtime. My employee supervisor was super nice, and I honestly had a great relationship with the company as far as I was concerned. They help you get to the USA and will provide the training and accommodation you need at the beginning. But the pay is just bad. They'll offer you about half (or less) of what the nurses you work with earn for differentials, etc. But, you signed a contract and if that it something that you can come to terms with, then go for it. They're the company for you.

Pros

Kind IES, job security, perks at beginning of job

Cons

terrible pay

Company’s mindset/goal

Truly welcomes since my first day in the Corp. they pinpoint where to improve, help you develop yourself and make you a winner. Love this place. Good vibes

Health Carousel

Health Carousel is a great company. I really enjoyed working there, I enjoyed working with recruiters and managers. It was very fulfilling to know that I was making healthcare work better.

Just Don't Do it. Just don't

wouldn't recommend it to anyone. toxic and hostile work culture. constant change that doesn't help anyone. Managers don't know your job and don't understand the system, promote the wrong people

January 11, 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback. We take all feedback seriously and will communicate this back to our leaders. We hope to provide the best support for all of our employees, giving them the resources they need to enjoy the work and their lives outside the office. Our leaders and managers work hard to listen to and support our employees in our high growth culture and will continue do to so. We're sorry you didn't feel this support and we wish you luck in your new position. Thanks again for the feedback.

A productive and fun workplace

I thoroughly enjoyed working with the employees at Health Carousel. Everyone was extremely helpful and wanted to see their coworkers succeed. I recommend this workplace to anyone who is looking for a job.

Inexperienced Management

Good place to start right out of college, but not somewhere you can grow in your career. Management has no idea how to effectively communicate problems/concerns. Also pay is extremely low.

Great

I had a great Experience with them. They know how to take care of their workers. My recruiter was also very patient and worked well with what I was looking for.

Great support.

Helped me to get work here in the US but wouldnt really provide any future plans for you after your contract expires. They have great support when youre with them.

A company that values teamwork.

Health Carousel guided me in achieving my goal to grow professionally as an operating room nurse. Health carousel assigned me in a facility where i am able to enhance my knowledge and skills in rendering best nursing practices to surgical patients.

Poorly Ran Company

There is simply too much going on at the company from not being able to pay their rent any longer because of a mismanagement of money, to lying about the amount of money their employees would make on a regular basis. They made a mistake in the pays, and retracted those funds from the employees. Just a bad company all around.

Free coffee.

Most of the time we are busy at work.Learned a lot especially about endoscopy and colonoscopy. A culture-sensitive employer. The hardest part of the job is at times staff doesn't work harmoneously together and the result is unlikely unpleasant.

Pros

With overtime.

Cons

Very stressful environment.

Has potential.

Decent pay. But co workers made it an uneasy environment. Also not sufficient training which makes it hard to produce. Overall I would recommend this job to others as it has potential

Pros

Pay and ability to advance

Cons

Training/ work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Carousel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight