HEALTH CONNECT AMERICA Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great company to work for
Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 12, 2018
This is a great company who recognizes and celebrates talented staff. They care about their staff and focus on providing the highest quality of care for their clients and removing barriers for their staff.
They are committed to internal promotion and because they are growing rapidly there are lots of opportunities for promotion.
A huge number of managers have been promoted within the company.
Proud to work for this company and with this team!
Pros
company culture, mission, team
Cons
cant think of any specific to this company
A great place for small work experimece
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, TNJuly 11, 2018
I owe all my clerical experience to Health Connect America. I only worked as a clerical assistant for one summer while I was out of school, but it was a very enjoyable, educational, and great opportunity.
Learning new things
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Algood, TNJuly 6, 2018
I learned al ot of new things at Health Connect, I learned how to do billing for DHS and other facilities. I also learned that you can't get your work done if the case managers don't have theirs done on time. It seems like they struggle in this.

That had to be the worst part, waiting on the CM's when I had a time line that had to be met.
Pros
relaxed work environment, friendly colleagues
Cons
an ; hour from home
Not paid for your work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  TNJune 14, 2018
The hardest part of the job is working day in and day out and not getting fairly compensated for your work. The base salary is ridiculous and you can only make a decent amount if you work 10 + hours a day.
Rewarding, but stressful
Family Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJune 13, 2018
Flexible, but demanding hours. Slightly unfair pay scale due to not getting paid when clients do not show up or keep appointments. Supportive staff and supervisors. Plenty of supervision hours.
Pros
connecting with clients, supportive superivisors and staff, flexibility
Cons
a lot of paperwork
I wish it could be better
elopment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, TNJune 5, 2018
The pay is low and demands are high. Minimal reimbursement for travel and overtime. Much of the paperwork is required to be completed at home and you have to provide your own computer equipment and vehicles.
Great Company is they pay you for Drive Time
Family Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNMay 18, 2018
When I worked for Health connect, we were paid for drive time. Since that period, I have heard from previous co workers that that is not true anymore. Make sure you are paid for driving or this job is not worth it. Sure you're helping people, BUT your car is your office and you need to take care of your office.
Pros
Great Boss
Cons
Not paid for drive time?
Great place
Counselor in Residence (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 17, 2018
I have been working for HCA for the last six months. They provide you with FREE supervision towards your license and the managers are always there for you to support your decisions regarding clients. The managers will not send you into a house where you feel uncomfortable and they are always there for you even with non-traditional hours.

You can make money if you are willing to work. I am making double what I made at my old agency working the same number of hours, plus you don't sign a contract saying that you will stay at the place for your supervision.
Pros
Great working environment, supportive supervision, quality client care.
Cons
Health insurance.
Management was a joke
Child and Adolescent Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALMay 7, 2018
Management at fort Payne branch is incompetent and lacks any enthusiasm. Doesn't train clinical staff...just sink or swim or figure it out. Poor pay for the hours required
Pros
Clients
Great training and supervisoin
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Northern VirginiaMay 4, 2018
As others say, the pay is low and confusing and in some ways misleading. Managers are young and inexperienced. Because of all of that some employees seem angry and frustrated which creates a toxic environment. There is constant complaining and negative statements about others.
Pros
Great supervision and training. You learn to write good notes and do great interventions.
Cons
Low pay, frustrated employees, toxic emotions due to stress of the job
LOVE working here
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Culpeper, VAApril 27, 2018
HCA is a great company with a great mission. The culture is unique and management is highly supportive. I wish HCA was in RVA. The company truly cares about the people we serve and that is always evident in the trainings and continued care provided.
Pros
Very supportive
Ugh
Therapist (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 25, 2018
I had several jobs during my time with HCA. Overall, the company was disorganized and a lot of higher management did not provide training or useful support to direct Care staff. The amount of pointless paperwork was mind boggling. Management sometimes tried to help but there were no clear answers on what we were supposed to be doing. Frustrating and disheartening. Pay scale was confusing at times and not well explained.

I would not recommend this company to others. Especially if this will be your first job in the field. Our "clinical supervisor" often did not show up for treatment team and they were supposed to be signing off on licensure documentation.

It is evident that money is a motivator at times over the needs of clients or employees to the higher ups.
Pros
Flexible schedule, employee status over contract work
Cons
Overworked, not paid enough in comparison to other companies. Poor training and support.
Cut throat and high expectations
Family Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNApril 22, 2018
Extremely long hours with extremely high expectations. Expect no sleep and no time for your own family. You are on call 24/7 and are expected to answer all calls when they arrive.
Poor Management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNApril 18, 2018
Poor management, Long hours, and the upper management was for the profit not the patients. False documentation and fraudulent insurance billing. I did not feel proud of my job at the end of the day.
Great entry level opportunity, don't get comfortable
Family Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 2, 2018
More work than pay. Benefits include setting own schedule and day. Management is understanding and fair regarding difficulty of work. Difficult part of the job the mountain of paper work and meeting billable hours. Pay does not seem to match the amount of work done. Can be very rewarding when you are able to achieve a positive outcome for client and family.
Pros
Set own schedule and contact with clients.
Cons
Copious amount of paper work and underpay
Enjoyable coworkers always willing to help one another out in order to make everything work well and according to policy.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNMarch 27, 2018
I have been fortunate to work for Health Connect America in helping people in our community struggling with mental health related issues. As an associate, I am afforded the opportunity to provide individuals who are experiencing difficulties in their lives find the integral resources they need whether it be on a personal level and/or social to better handle the challenges they are facing.
Pros
amiable office environment
Competitive and Supportive
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Central VirginiaMarch 13, 2018
HCA has been a great company to work for. They offer ongoing support, competitive compensation, and continuing education. There is no doubt that the work can be hard—that’s the nature of the job. Intensive in-home work is not easy. But the supervisors are supportive, the company values their employees, and you are given the opportunity to build your skills while making a real difference in the lives of people who need support.
Pros
Supportive, competitive pay, supervision provided
Cons
The nature of the work can be emotionally difficult at times
Soul Sucking
Direct Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNMarch 5, 2018
little concern about the people the company serves or lower level employees. Much of what we are asked to do seems like it would be insurance fraud. Main focus is on billing and growth. Job duties and description is constantly changing and more work asked of employees with no more compensation. Very high turn over. no reimbursement for driving. You have to provide your own internet, computer and phone to do your job. Management does not appear to be empathetic to the direct care providers.
Pros
Set your own scedule. Will hire anyone remotly qualified
Cons
Low pay high ancillary cost
The Most Stressful Months of my Life
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNFebruary 21, 2018
I was given this job with many promises and had great expectations. My coworkers were lovely people and the work was an excellent experience. That being said, the communication between office managers was extremely harsh and I did not feel valued as an employee. I was forced to work many hours off the clock and while I worked over 40 hours a week and promised "official full-time benefits and pay" - that was never received. You are only paid per client contact hour. Any time spent doing paperwork is not paid for - even if you logged it. This job required a lot of travel that was not compensated in any way. Rules and guidelines about paperwork was changed often and while that was not a problem, management was often confused and could not provide decent guidance. If you are struggling for a job, I would recommend working with Health Connect temporarily. But ONLY temporarily.
Great Mission
Therapist and Community Consultant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALFebruary 10, 2018
Great mission. In order to earn a good salary you will need to commit to long hours. The average clients there are tough to motivate therefore can extend your work day if you need achieve minimum required productivity.