Health Dimensions Group Employee Reviews

Impressive company and a great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 9, 2018
HDG is a company that started out small close to 20 years ago and is really going places. The atmosphere is positive, collaborative, motivating, and we also have fun! The corporate culture is very refreshing. I am always listened to and given the support I need to perform my job and to grow. True professionals in a much needed industry. I love working for a company where we are really making a difference in people's lives.
Pros
Upbeat environment, fabulous people.
Cons
Can be very fast paced at times, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Great place to work for young professionals- help you advance your career! Strong values!
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 8, 2018
I started at HDG right out of college and now have been here for 6 years! That says a lot in itself. I have learned so much in my time here. My managers have helped me grow, teaching me new skills, and wanting me to succeed. They have valued and sought-out my opinion since day one.

The company has a strong set of values; hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect, and humor. Those values are displayed in everything that goes on from new employee welcome breakfasts, to the owners walking around and saying hi to every employee when they are in the office, and even having a "fun committee" who plans monthly activities/parties for the staff.

Management is very understanding of things going on in our personal lives and is very flexible with work schedules.

Overall, HDG is a great place to work!
Pros
Helps employees advance careers, values-driven, good PTO policy
Cons
Hours can be long, but are understanding of schedules
MANDATING:Nursing Management Bullies; Poor Pay; May Not Get Paid!
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Danville, PASeptember 25, 2018
I beg you, do not work here. The ads will entice you with BIG bonuses, the Nursing Administration will make promises that will NOT be kept. The Nursing Management is A Bully; runs out ALL the good staff. Blames everyone else. Will stab own mother in the back to climb corporate ladder despite working for a Catholic community. Will terminate an employee if they are mandated and cannot stay because of a family emergency; I was a victim. My mother was rushed to the emergency room and later died. Heartless, ruthless. Do NOT work here.
Pros
Working with the sisters.
Cons
Worked here for close to 20 years, but it does not matter to the nursing management; it's all about power and control.
Interim RN/DON
Interim Director (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJuly 27, 2018
Hired as DON in 2016. I worked for 18 months without an evaluation or pay raise. Very Stressful work environment and lack of overseeing administrator.

I was Hired as a 1099 nurse consultant in 2018. I worked for 3 months then they had no other work. No active recruitement plan by corporation for work, but they continue to advertise for new nurse consultants. The management states I do a great job but they have no work and the HR contact is out for 6 weeks.

CONS: unsteady work, no OT, no benefits as contract employee, stressful environment.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Staff are constantly working Short
Innovative company, employee oriented,
Interim Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WI 53081July 23, 2018
Working for HDG proved very beneficial for me. They were supportive, understanding, and gave excellent feedback and provided education. I did not hesitate to ask for help if I needed it. The hardest part of the job was the necessary regulation paperwork that comes with the long term healthcare environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the residents.
Pros
They value their employees
Cons
It was a very good experience for me, I really don't have any cons.
Excellent company to work for!
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 6, 2015
Great company culture! From day one I felt like a valued member of the team. The owners are extremely thoughtful and they really care about their employees. Good benefits, tuition assistance, and 401K. Great compensation. The company is growing and there is opportunity for advancement in several areas.
Pros
Free soda and coffee, gym onsite at corp office.
Cons
Excellent company to work for.
Exec Administrator/Regional Dir of Operations (Former Employee) –  Three communities in Denver COFebruary 16, 2015
They care immensely about their employees and their customers. I was able to work autonamously yet had extensive leadership and management training. The company cared about personal development. The CEO and the Principals were very visible in the company and they were very transparent in terms of their operations and financial status on an annual basis. When the company did extremely well, bonuses were passed on to employees.
Pros
Regular all-staff meetings several times a year in different locations
Cons
None really
Wonderful Company, Little Opportunity for Advancement
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNSeptember 5, 2014
Health Dimensions Group is a wonderful place to work, with a solid mission and values. It's a small company, which makes the hierarchy between leadership and staff less intimidating and more collaborative than at larger companies. Unfortunately, the company is slow to provide opportunities for growth or advancement within the company.