Health First Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible!
Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
This company likes “yes men”. They’re not equipped to keep up with competitors because they refuse to change their closed minded way of thinking.
It’s a large high school where the only people getting promoted at friends of people in upper management.
Speaking of management, they’re completely clueless and their HR is even more clueless.
They’re bullies with suits and dresses on. Worst company culture I’ve ever experienced.
Pros
Remote working (until that was stripped away)
Cons
A lack of lead generation
Deskside Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 8, 2018
A lack of lead generation/technology. A massive problem with this is the sector of holding on to leads that should be given to the team for follow up. This causes many techs to fight with one another, and new team members are often ostracized until after they've built a book. The easiest way to get prospects is to wait for others to quit or get fired, as management will pass these leads out to others on the sales team after a rep departs.
Pros
parking
Cons
pay, management, benefits
N/a
Provider Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 1, 2018
Very unorganized. They implement systems that do not work and we PSRs are required to advised companies on how use these systems that are not fully working. Healthfirst cannot keep employees which keeps our call volume High and the queue stays backed up which causes our customers to be irate!
Dont do it
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 31, 2018
Find any other place to work. Cut throat, catty, co workers. Management would punish the hard workers and let the lazy, catty, clicky ones do what they want. I did liked the MDs and PAs , after all they are just employees too and can be terminated too.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Cut throat. If you dont fit into their clicks, dont expect to stay employed.
Terrible Place to Work
Medical Data Entry (Claims Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2018
Management is poor and unfair. There is a lot of favoritism that happens here. No chance for advancement. Feels like you're in grade school again. There is a lot of changes that happen unknowingly. The job is just not where you would like to be. They work you like crazy and do not want to pay you. They stop overtime whenever they want to and make excuses as to why instead of handling those individuals that caused the issues. I would not suggest anyone to work here. Also for holidays, you must come into work the day after. They have rules set up for your earned PTO.
Pros
Work Schedule
Cons
Short Break, Short Lunch, Unprofessional
Exceeelent
Senior Health Partners (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
Excellent work environment and staff i wished id stayed longer but i had medical issues to resolve. Management was great! a lot of free food! Overall great!
lots of fun
PSGT/RPSGT (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLJuly 8, 2018
This was my initiation into the medical field. I very much enjoyed all aspects of my experiences here. I would highly recommend working for this health care system.
Pros
fun
Cons
pay
Benefits
Relationship Coordinator Inbound (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
Health first have very good benefits. If you worked over five years in the same company you get 29 days of vacation pay. Three days brevemeant per death. They also have paid family leave that could be used at any time before the 1st birthday of the baby. Eight weeks allowed with 50% of your salary pay.
Pros
Reasonable vacation pay, Benefits are good
Cons
Lunch only 30 minute and will be time
Avoid PBS at all costs.
PBS System Analyst (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 5, 2018
During my years at Holmes Regional and Health First, Inc. I had many great supervisors and managers that really wanted to see you grow and excel. Unfortunately, not all are that way.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Upper management turns a blind eye to the conduct of their managers.
Productive work place.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
I learned how to use dual monitor screens. Also, billing and coding for medical billing. Management and the job it self was very great and knowledgeable overall.
Rich learning enviroment
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLJuly 2, 2018
Health First is a great place to work, the managers are awesome and communicate clearly. Expectations are communicated with clarity. I've been learning what good management looks like and how to work as part of a team. I enjoy my coworkers we have a great time working together ensuring patient safety and quality of service.

The hardest part of the job is being aware of all the different things going on and multitasking.
Pros
Health Insurance, Upward movement, Good management, a clear mission
Cons
Nothing yet
Great job
Data Steward (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJune 7, 2018
Great management. after reviewing records it was determined they are both the same individual.Record merged incorrectly, after reviewing was determined they are not the same individuals. Unmerge task has been created. Thanks
Great employer overall but difficult to get ahead
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJune 4, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Health First but eventually I got to a point where I couldn't get promoted because I didn't fit in with the culture. The benefits were great though.
This place had too much drama
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 17, 2018
When I started working there, it was great. I liked the enviroment but things changed really quickly. I would come into work and find out I had a problem with one of my coworkers. I didn't even know I had a problem. A lot of drama. Like I was in high school all over again.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
drama
Healthfirst
Executive Assistant to the CIO (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLMay 4, 2018
Very rewarding working for a hospital.

Worked on a team of 100 for 3 hospital in Brevard County.

Very warm culture and rewarding to be part of this team.
Pros
Cons
pay
Health First
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLMay 2, 2018
Great place to work. Good pay for the location and good benefits. Everyone in my office is very kind and easy to work with. Overall, my work days are pretty routine but enjoyable.
Snake Pit
RN (Former Employee) –  MalabarMay 1, 2018
HFMG: Poor to absent management, unrealistic goals and expectations. Constant overwork and overtime.

Review and/ or action plans for improvement based on gossip, wth no actual facts.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Constant overwork, overtime, lousy management
A great place to work
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 27, 2018
Health First is a great place to work. Everyone there treats you with respect and there is a lot of room for advancement. Compensation is in line with other companies in the IT.
Pros
Great working conditions
Cons
Short lunch break
Don’t get comfortable
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brevard County, FLApril 27, 2018
They walk a lot of people out the door. Terrible orientation. Awful human resource department. I asked for the tools and training I needed to do my job but did not receive what I needed. Then they fired me for making a mistake!
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Management, long hours, no loyalty to staff
Productive workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 26, 2018
With four hospitals in the system one of which was a level 2 trauma center there were alot of opportunites to learn. The only draw back was being per diem you dont always stay in a umit long enough to become part of a team
Pros
Productive/diverse workplace
Cons
Only spending one shift on any floor