Health First Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work for
Medical Language Specialist/VR Editor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 22, 2019
Health First pays well and has excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, free vacinations, etc.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Stressful work environment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLApril 8, 2019
Management is poor. Stressful work environment. Co workers not supportive. Upper management is not interested in what goes on in the trenches. They let people go that make more money and hire new grads they don't have to pay as much
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Great Organization in Brevard County, FL
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 4, 2019
Enjoy working with leadership and fellow team members. Promotes advancement and offers great courses. Good benefits with comparable pay. Overall, a great place to work.
I am not sure what to put here
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 31, 2019
I worked for this company and was abused daily and worked with a co worker who stole I reported to management about my lace=k of training after I had gone to 4 managers and co workers to get help and had little to no help I had no choice but to leave the company.
Benefits
Cons
lack of manager assistance
productive and a good place to work
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2019
I worked on the field i speak with my supervisor at least once a day and she gives me all the support i need. I do 4 to 5 visits a day , meet with new and current providers , go to events ect , my job is very much promote and build relationship with the community
Pros
benefit package
Cons
no free health insurance
Always worried that you may not have a job at the next reorg.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  HRMCMarch 3, 2019
When I started working HF was a very good company to work for. When management changed many long time employees were replaced rules and benefits were changed. It was a daily atmosphere of stress for most employees, from my point of view.
Pros
Fair salary, good benefits
Cons
Always a very stressful environment due to the culture
Okay
Patient Services Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLFebruary 20, 2019
Upper management is great. Middle management still has a good ole boy bullying type of style. The Upper management is slowly but surely filtering them out.
Poor Management
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FL 32940February 11, 2019
Bullying culture with management! Should be looked in to and investigated!

Intimidation tactics used! Name calling!

A lot of accusatory statements with no evidence or factual basis to stand on! cleaning house method
Pros
Cons
management
Great Place to work!
Charge RN Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Viera, FLFebruary 8, 2019
I work with a great group and at the end of the day that is what counts. Although sometimes we have crazy days, we always seem to come together as a team and pull through. Inside and outside of work, we are a family.
Can be stressful at times but overall it's a good place to work
Referral Coordinator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 3, 2019
Not easy to get transfer to another position.
You have to use earned personal time to get paid for holiday.
Staff is very friendly and outgoing.there's somebody that always can give you an answer to problems you may have.
Pros
Hours are good
Cons
You have to use your own personal time to get paid for holidays
Productive work atmosphere
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLFebruary 1, 2019
High volume atmosphere and lid back during break time. The management is willing to help when needed , and promotion will come by knowing material. Management love a team player and motivater.
Pros
Quick advancement if you work hard.
Cons
n/a
Not what it use to be
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLJanuary 27, 2019
They will any reason to fire you. no verbal, no warning. HR is complicit with their tactics. Its all for cutting cost, or saving money. If you have to work here, make it temporary
Pros
Umm..Nothing
Cons
Too many too write
Amazing company to work for
Field Service Technician II (full time) (Current Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJanuary 25, 2019
Not only is this a rewarding Job. Your Co workers make it a pleasure to be at work. I have only been with them for a year but already I have been approached for advancement in my career
Constant Management turnover and un-supportive culture.
Director (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJanuary 22, 2019
Health First churns and burns, especially it's leaders. Executive Leaders are in the dark and disconnected from all other levels, and know and desire to keep it that way. The only reason I stayed four years, is that I love living in Brevard County and put up with the working environment. Would not recommend working here.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Churn and burn culture
No recomended
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 15, 2019
Do not recommend this company. Micromanaging, abusive lack of professionalism. No career advancement. Not fair hourly wages for the stressful duties on top of harassment.
Pros
Health Benefits, Pto
Cons
Abusive Management, Low wages
Productive and well compensated
Provider Operations Rep (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 9, 2019
I worked for Healthfirst when it first began here in Florida, I stayed with the company for about 7yrs. Pay and benefits were great and the ability to work in different departments and learn new skills was great.
Unfortunately it seems like they dont rehire . Even when i gave appropriate resignation time. Almost a month!! I have reapplied several times with absolutely no luck.

All in all though its a great company.
Ever increasing documentation
Staff Nurse/Relief Charge Nurse - PCU (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 4, 2019
The current management of this company has focused on increasing documentation, not only on EMR but also manual paperwork. Nurses must spend valuable time with tasks facilitating administrative issues, thereby reducing time spent at bedside caring for actual patients. Charge nurses are discouraged from being supportive of and to their staff and have now become "administrative" charge nurses, spending their time collecting administrative data rather that serve as the support and mentor for nurses, especially newer nurses who would often require guidance from seasoned, knowledgeable nurses.
Pros
good 401K contributions
Cons
poor staffing high turn over
busy and stressfull but rewarding
Program Coordinator/Bariatric Clinical Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 1, 2019
I enjoy working with the nurses and doctors that give exceptional surgical care for our patients. It's a great feeling knowing our patients come and trust us with an elective surgery that will ultimately change their lives for the better.
Pros
endless possabilities
Cons
not enough employees for work load, not given proper training
current job
Centralized Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Rockledge, FLDecember 19, 2018
I am still working at my current job with health first. This has been the best job so far for me in the health care industry. I am having to relocate and get a new job.
Medical assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laconia, NHDecember 13, 2018
Great place to work and learn about the health field. Works with the community and is very involved. Mental health is a major component that sets them apart.