Health Markets Insurance Agency Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
We would have Music playing every Morning just to wake everyone up.
Screener/Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJune 21, 2018
What I enjoyed so much about this company is the great environment I worked under I really enjoyed getting up every morning just for work, This job is most definitely one I will recommend to a family member or friends.
Interesting
Insurance Agent/Broker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 8, 2018
It was fun meeting new people and traveling. When I was selling it was great but when nobody was buying I was slowly going broke. If you have a pushy attitude this will be great
Insurance Agent
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 6, 2018
Excellent company to work for! You have to work hard, but they help you every part of the way. Great training program, leads, bonus and stock program.
You are self employed at 100% commission but there are plenty of opportunities to grow your business! Open enrollment is amazing! you can make about 50% of your income in a short period of time. All-year round opportunity.
Cons
This is your business, you have to invest in it, not that the investment is much, but you are starting your own business...
Good Company
Screener (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXMarch 26, 2018
Inbound/Outbound calls from the start to finish of each day.
(setting appointments for all sales agents nation wide ,screening calls for the local sales agents, Data Entry)

I learned that most people do not have the time to really read the insurance information that is available or mailed to them with their insurance cards.

The management that I was associated with were hands on,and really tried to make the job a comfortable, relaxed atmosphere.

Everything was about trying to keep everyone on the same page. The plan was to work smarter not harder.

The hardest part of the job was when I had to tell the customer they did not qualify for certain coverage.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people.
Pros
A good place to work and learn about health insurance .
Cons
Not much advancement
Self motivated success
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 4, 2018
great perks but had to work harder than promised to get results. One on one leadership and training but only when they had the time.Ongoing training with new laws and restrictions throughout the industry.
Pros
training
Cons
cold calling
Great Opportunity
Insurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAApril 5, 2017
If you want it... you can make it happen here, just like anything else in life. This position is an opportunity for you to grow and become successful. Good Luck
Pros
Great platform. lots of Products to sell
Cons
Do not rely on management to train you.
Great Place, Must Be Determined
Agent (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNDecember 27, 2016
Health Markets is a great agency to work for. It is the first one I have worked for and the atmosphere could not be any better. There are always agents to help you succeed and gain knowledge. The best advice so far has been, "To succeed, you're going to have to fail a little." The reason this has been great is because you have to be willing to go out and fall a couple times in order to focus on where to improve. Once you do that, you can only go up.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great Sales Leaders, Drive your own sales
Cons
100% Commission
Great Company but hours are too speradic
License Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHSeptember 7, 2016
The hardest part of the job is not the excessive training but the booking of your appointments and controlling your hours. It's too spread out. You may have a networking event in the morning, but then you have a 7 or 8 pm appointment because that is the only time they can meet. You are supposed to fill your day with solicitation and either appointments or call sessions, but for me, call sessions with over 200-300 calls per week, that is a lot of calling. You can make your own schedule but know that if you are not putting in and hours of people that are also getting slammed with telemarketing calls, you will not succeed.
Pros
You make your own hours
Cons
Extra hours and calling angry people.
Health Markets
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXAugust 11, 2016
It was a good place to work at until the ACA made health insurance a seasonal job. Management really doesn't seem to care about the employees, but as long as you do your job they will leave you alone.
productive
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2016
Good tech support, great marketing tools, need help on the management side and more training. High turn over. Great products. Need more training
Pros
Great marketing source
Cons
100% commission
Disorganized
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 29, 2016
The call center was ran into the ground poor management. They hire more CEO's who mis-managed the company. The outside field agents are forced to offer surebridge products. These products have a high cancellation rate. Do not take any advances cancellations are very high. This could be a good company but there is no organization. The field office in Irving is very small . They expect you to make calls from there and walk and talk...Same ole Sh**.
Screen calls as they came in
Screener (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXMay 18, 2015
I learned a lot about the health insurance environment. I had zero knowledge of health insurance and since working for the company I consider a step up from where I started.
Pros
Hour long lunch breaks
Cons
it was a temp to hire. They didnt hire anybody permantly the time I spent there
Learning experience
Screener/Special Opts Team (Former Employee) –  9151 Boulevard 26, North Richland Hills, TX, 76180April 27, 2015
Great environment, but they fire you for no reason. I learn a lot from working her and gain lots of customer service experience.
Rewarding and educational carreer
State of IL. Licensed Life & Health Ins. agent (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines,IlJanuary 29, 2015
Everyday is a new search; as well as a follow up with clients.
Health Markets provides ongoing course studies, meetings and seminars. Co-workers and management are supportave and
encouraging.
The most difficult part of the job is city travel.
The most enjoyable and satisfying part of the job is helping and
informing cleints of the health market changes and their choices.
I enjoy getting refferals!
Pros
Continius learning
Cons
Chicago traffic
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MarylandOctober 21, 2014
This is a productive and fun workplace. Agents have the opportunity to select a geographic territory to work within.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Your position is what you make it
Independent Health and Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 16, 2014
You are an independent agent and you create your income. There are no quotas or sales pressure, but if you don't sell you don't get paid. If you can't motivate yourself to get out and work when you are your own boss, then this job is not for you. Work your own schedule and answer to no one. Developing your book of business is a great challenge.
Pros
Work for yourself
Cons
Start up can be demoralizing