Health Net Employee Reviews

Found 1,170 reviews matching the search See all 1,191 reviews
Pretty cool place to wok at as long as you were obtaining the numbers needed.
Authorization and Appointing Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 12, 2018
It was ok. Could have paid more or had some sort of incentive since a lot of the work was based off of numbers. The management was not very good. Days are we’re the best!
Pros
I was paid
Cons
The managers
It could be more
Medical Documentation Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 12, 2018
My dept is being separated from the company, there are positions that can be applied for from within, I have applied for 64, and keep getting same answer, someone is more qualified, what does that mean? I am jus as good as some, not as good as others, and better then a few, how does my qualifications not fit, when a temp agency is willing to hire me for positions within the company I keep getting rejected for.....
Fun environment, made many life long friends.
Case Manager Appointing and Authorization (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2018
A lot of Veterans needed help and I was honored to assist them.We worked as a team on all of our projects. As a unit we set and met our own goals for the day and the week. Had potluck and parties to get to know other employees, which is always a good thing.
Pros
No pressure or quotas to meet.
Cons
30 mins lunches were very inconvenient.
Ok job
Authorization & Appointing Rep (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 9, 2018
Could be better. Yall should really had listen to the workers. Also need to do better on keeping the employees up to date on major events. I am not going to say...
place to work
Medical Documentation/ Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 6, 2018
hasmedical , dental ,vision benefits , pay was good and had a lot of overtime to make more income had a chance to be in 2 different depts and learned alot, can move throught out company
Pros
big company
Cons
better training is needed
productive and fun work place
Data Entry/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 5, 2018
Health Net was a great company to work for I loved it , the environment was laid back but competitive management was very supportive, they company provided lunch for all employees when certain goals where met.
What you learned
Clerical Specialist II/Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CADecember 4, 2018
I was taught self-management/personnel management skills. All functions of the Human Resources department (benefits, claims, employee records, supervising incoming new hires).
Pros
Competitive pay, paid time off, good work/life balance
Cons
needed more trained upper management personnel
No Job Security
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 3, 2018
The job was not horrible it was just management. I was hired on by a temp agency by the name of Able Force. Not only was a selected, by Health Net, to do the companies claims I was also selected to train as well as doing audits which I thought was a privilege. I looked at this as an opportunity to move up within the company unfortunately management has other plans. No job security.
Great Management, High Turn-over.
MediCare Claims Auditor (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CADecember 1, 2018
This is a great job for highly-motivated people. The management can be really great to work with but there are a lot of slow periods which can mean lay-offs. During busy season, they barely train you so it can be overwhelming if you're not the kind of person who asks a lot of questions or knows the right questions to ask. And it can be especially difficult because everyone is very busy and won't be particularly inclined to deal with training a new person.
But for the right person, I have seen this work out very well.

Also, be prepared to bring your own lunch because there is no cafeteria. Just a big break room with vending machines. There really aren't traditional "break rooms" with coffee-- cups are not provided so bring your own for water and tea, which is more abundant than coffee. ALTHOUGH there is a Coffee Bean nearby if you don't mind spending the money and time to make a run.

Plenty of cool places to hang out after work. Which is nice because hours can run long and days off are HIGHLY discouraged, especially during the holidays.
Pros
nice management
Cons
high turn-over, poor training
Terribly managed at every level
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 29, 2018
The pay is good, but that is the only good thing about working here. Just the worst possible management at every level. They will take advantage of you in every possible way unless you fight back.

Want to know more about Health Net?

Ask a question
Corporate sucks
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CANovember 28, 2018
Corporates are not friends. More like foes. Constantly on employees for everything. No room to grow as a contract employer. They get rid you as as quick as they hire. Atmosphere vibe isn't great! Production production production. They work you as an animal not as a human. Your co workers are not friends more like a competition to get a perm position. 12 temps for 1 perm position. Goodluck
Pros
Cons
Managers
workplace culture
CASE CARE MANAGER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 28, 2018
The co-workers I worked with made the job fun and entertaining. The position I was in made it difficult for you to advance without having a degree. My original manager was fun, easy going and didn't micro-manage his employees.
Pros
The pay was great
Cons
No advancement options unless you have a degree in nursing
Health Net
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 26, 2018
I learned credentialing with the Provider Services department and the Credentialing Department with Health Net. I say working here helped with my career.
Health Net was bought out by Centene. A lot has changed with Centene taking over.
Case Manager Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 21, 2018
The hardest part of the job is the traveling to and from work daily. The cost of gas and wear and tear on my car. I do not feel that I an advance here.
Enjoyed helping members
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 18, 2018
The Health Net position was through Kelly Services. The management was not friendly. Workplace culture with other employee was friendly. Enjoyed learning and helping the customers.
Cons
Mandatory, micro of being on the phone
Great training And opportunity
Claims/ ACA Solutions CSR II (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 18, 2018
I worked there through a lot of transitions and gained a lot of experience. I started at another company in the area making the more money doing the same work. Great for an entry level job
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 16, 2018
There was ample training and many new skills working with medical records. The office moral was good, Health Net would provide lunch and throw birthday parties. Management was good.
Pros
Great environment and pay
Cons
contract work only/no permanent hire
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 13, 2018
This company was very stressful but at the end of the day my job was to service the veteran and to make sure they were taken care of and to make sure they have a appointment as soon as possible.
Pros
Cons
Noth
Consultant / Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 12, 2018
I enjoyed my time at HealthNet and hope to find another position with the company. I found there was a great culture and I really enjoyed working with those around me, because I felt everyone was very sharp.
Typical call center
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Customer Service Rep IINovember 12, 2018
I worked for HN for 8 years and feel the best part of the job was my colleagues. It's difficult to move up unless your one that kisses up to management.
Pros
The workers are top of the line
Cons
Management often times knew less than their employees.