Health Net Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,051 reviews matching the search See all 1,072 reviews
Very good exposure
IT PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 15, 2018
Management was very supportive of giving more freedom to the employees. There were training, so that employees can learn and grow. Also openings in other grouls
opportunity to grow
Bilingual, CM/DM Assistant and UMC II (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 15, 2018
I experienced support from my managers and the opportunity to cross train and grow. I had the opportunity to help out other departments that were short staffed and thus, was able to transfer to one permanently as I learned the position while helping out.
Pros
annual picnic, multicultural celebration week
Cons
can't think of any
Work Hard / Play Hard
Community Advocate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 14, 2018
Nice place to work. Most managers and colleague are friendly and helpful. The firewalls are annoying when trying to do your job, but at the same time happy they are in place to protect me and other members,
Pros
Free coffee
coworkers are great, but the job and company not so much
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 14, 2018
Great coworkers, amazing people to share a work space with. But systems never work and theres always payroll issues. They do nothing anymore to boost employee morale, hardly any reps because the job is so stressful that everyone is on medical leave for stress.

Company meetings brag about bringing in billions of dollars and are stingy with pay raises and any kind of advancement in the smaller departments.

Benefit are good, dental is good, same vision plan as medi-cal members, so its hard to find a provider that accepts the insurance. 401k is matched at 6%, but there are a lot of errors when it comes to 401k so why even bother.

Hard to move to different depts. such as claims and broker services unless you know someone or are related to someone.
Pros
great coworkers, benefits, 40 hours of sick pay, 401 k
Cons
no advancement in certain depts and you get stuck, managers never around, supervisors never around.
Nice company with nice people
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJJuly 13, 2018
Health Network America was a third party benefits administrator.
We had a manual for the different companies whose benefits we administered. We were expected to be familiar with the benefits for the different companies so that when members called, we would be able to answer their questions in a timely and thorough manner.
The people were very nice there and the manager was always very helpful.
I don't recall a hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part was learning the different plans.
Pros
I worked with very nice people
Cons
Limited advancement
High stress moments with group moral-building meetings.
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  2024 Aerojet RoadJuly 12, 2018
The job had a quota. I was to pull enrollment applications out of a queue and assign doctors according to the guidelines provided. The quality and quantity of my work were reviewed daily.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 12, 2018
They give you in-depth training so you are fully prepared for your role. Management is great, very supportive and engaging. The only problem for me was the schedule I was stuck on and the distance from my home, which proved to be too difficult for me.
Uncertainity
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 12, 2018
Health Net has been acquired by another company, and there are lots of changes and many staff has been laid off, and expected to be laid off, by the company that acquired Health Net.
Pros
Having a job currently
Cons
Do not know when you will be no longer employed
Like being able to Telecommute
Executive Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 11, 2018
Working from home as a Manager/Administrator in Salesforce has made it a pretty nice place to work.

The company recently merged with another company, and management has changed.
Quick-paced and sometimes slow
Temp Enrollment and Retention Rep (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 11, 2018
The work itself was very quick-paced. The duration of the calls cannot take more than 10-20 minutes. There w ok old be days where the computer and telephone system would go down. During those times one has to prepare mail to the families that has lost their Medi-Cal for that month.
Pros
Celebrate birthdays, celebrate holidays
Cons
Temps dont get benefits through the company
Typical day at work
Executive Assistant to VP (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 10, 2018
Although my work was challenging as many people relied on me to assist them, it was rewarding to be of a part of a team that practiced excellent customer service to our members. My day always started responding to phone messages. Review supervisor' calendar to verify there were no meeting conflicts and rescheduled as needed. Communicated with my supervior and staff to review priority projects and other matters. Made a habit to utilize my to-do-list to stay on tasks with priority assignments.
Health Net/Centene
Manager, Medical Management (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 10, 2018
Having been with the company a long time, I'v seen a lot of changes over the years. After we were sold to Centene, the culture changed significantly. Changes are to be expected, but it's not the same. Management style is much more old school, and micro-managed.
Not the best place to work and not the worst
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 9, 2018
Allot of downsizing going on and you never know who is next in line to be cut. You are given an assignment without management checking to be sure your systems are working to produce the quality work in a timely fashion. If you do not ask any questions, you will not know whether to go left or right. The company is diverse but not many Black American in management positions.
Pros
Pays good
Cons
Allot of layoffs
Good job
Appointing Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2018
I enjoyed working there - the people were nice, there was a good sense of teamwork. It was sometimes difficult to complete some tasks, but overall well
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
30 minute lunches went too fast
When I left the company was in transition
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 5, 2018
The company was in transition when I left employment and I do not feel I am able to give accurate review at this time.When I worked at Health Net Pharmaceutical, it was very nice place to work.
Good Place to work
QA Auditor (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 5, 2018
Healthnet has been a great place to work since my very first day. There was always someone there to help with questions and concerns when needed and everyone there is very supportive of our goals and what we try to accomplish.
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  2025 areojet road, Rancho Cordova, caJuly 4, 2018
This place is not where anyone wants to work. If you have a family you can forget about spending time with them. The supervisor does nothing and lies to your agency if you are a temp. The training barely trains you, mandatory over time and youre punished for being 1 minute late even if you are at your cube in your seat on time. Systems are always down and the callers are always pushed aside so your calls are hardly ever pleasant.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Everything else
very stressful
A&A Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 30, 2018
although I enjoyed working with the veterans, the company had a conflicting ethic of veterans first but make this many appointments not taking in the specialty you might get from the que.
Fast pace work enrvironment
Utilization Management Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 29, 2018
Log into my systems, pull my workload from our data base, complete my work and assist other teams if needed. Train new hires and keep up to date with training modules online.
Pros
employee appreciation events
Cons
very low raises
Fast Pace
Medical Claims Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 28, 2018
Claim adjudication process 45 a day. Culture and event we come in. Offer to pay for transportation for get to work. Nice personal space to work in. New job
Pros
Gym
Cons
was bought out by another company