Health Net

Found 1,404 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,430 reviews

Health Net insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

My duty to give back to service members and their families

Served as the primary point of contact providing direct support and guidance to military personnel and families seeking crucial information on medical benefits daily.

Pros

helping the service members and their families

Cons

pay

Health Net was not the most desirable place to work. Management micro-managed and didn't treat the employees with respect. It was always meet-the-bottom-line. Centene acquired Health Net and the entire culture changed. They are more considerate of their employees while encouraging us to meet goals without bullying tactics.

Pros

Flex schedule

The Staff are always there to help you, to listen, to Supoort you!

The staff is the best!! I always felt valuable! The staff are always there to support and to help! The HEDIS department are emphatic! All the staff are nice!!

good place to work

great plcae to work friendly enviroment. supervisors are great. company cares about their employees. good hours. clean enviroment and training very helpful

Mission driven, collaborative, encouraging environment

HNFS is a very structured and stable environment to work in. Management is willing to mentor and advance employees. Coworkers are friendly and able to form positive relationships despite all of us working from home. Direction comes from the top and gets disseminated quickly and efficiently. No surprises with this job. Recommend working with this company.

Pros

Remote, good insurance benefits, 401k matching, easy to talk to management.

Cons

The pay is a little short but the benefits make up for it.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Worse place to work

Always had system issues. Constantly had overtime. The shift bids are not done fairly. Management favors certain employees.The turn over rate is so high because of how horrible it is to work here.

Company not great job was good

I loved what I did for work at this company. But my surrounding my peers management I absolutely despise. There was so much nepotism so much favoritism people with no skill were being offered higher positions and it just upsets me so much. They have no care for your mental health or your personal life. The amount of stress the company with management and peers brought on to me rather than work was crazy.

Pros

Good pay

Fun place to work for

Verification on members status, management trusted the job will be done . The workplace was like a family environment. The hardest part of the work was leaving home for the day. The most enjoyable part was the people you worked with.

Not good work environment

Less micromanaging, less intimidation tactics and harassment. I would not recommend Health Net. Management is non-existent and no one knows what nurses are actually working.

Poor communication to employees

For a company the size of Health Net and the parent company Centene, the interview process was disorganized at best.I was also very disappointed in the company’s communication to employees. I would warn anyone seeking to work for Health Net to ask VERY pointed questions about if/when they convert from a temporary employee to a FT employee. Be cautious about promises of advancement. My experience found these promises to be hollow and empty.

Pros

Regimented work

Cons

Poor communication, empty promises

Expectations are unrealistic and management is difficult

This would be a wonderful job if the expectations and goals were realistic. Unfortunately, with its current management, it's a disaster. The constant micro management makes it very difficult to get through the day considering the workload. Management will also do everything, but listen to its employees. They are so many constant changes with job and it's requirements that at this point, it could be automated with the standards that they are requesting. Good luck requesting help from your coworkers, if you're lucky, you might get a response in a reasonable time. It has been by far, the most stressful job I've ever worked.

Cons

Healthcare, pay, no room for growth

Awesome Benefits and Work/Life Balance

Health Net went through many changes throughout the years I worked there, typical day was making outgoing calls to schedule appointments for Veterans.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

Short lunch breaks

Poor management and work life balance.

Extremely low compensation for work expectations. Disorganized and extremely fast turnover rate for both lower level employees and management. No support for haggard & overworked reps. Petty situations within management & lack of proper communication. Poor professionalism and no work/life balance. Inflexible. No job security and hardly any opportunity for advancement even within years of employment.

Pros

Some of the management reps are wonderful

Cons

Everything else

Excessive work load and work hours

Co-workers were great. But management was difficult. Employers quitting all the time. No work life balance. Constant excessive work load and work hours. Pay was good.

Pros

Co Workers

Cons

No work life balance

Lead Referral Specialist

poor management, supervisor no communication. they dont care about work life balance even they alway mention it to you in the leadership meeting. This has changed a lot sine I have been here for 12 years. Work so much and taking all your holidays off to do mandatory overtime. that is not what you call work life balance.

Cons

poor communication and management

Working for Health Net was the best job I've ever had.

I loved working for Health Net in my 12 years there learned so much, all my Supervisor and Managers were great. Health Net encoureges you to grow, which is exactly what I did, I did stay there for a very long time and through out those years they send you to classes and training. Benefits are great.. or they were until Centene took over. Salary very good if you learn and are willing to do the work. Was very happy there.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Moving around within the company.

Building is full of toxic mold

This building is a sick building. Mycotoxin testing needs to be conducted and building remediated. So many sick employees with headaches, migraine, and problems.

Pros

Cons

Sick building

Productive and fun workplace depends on team/ department assigned to

Work your best, stay focused, leave personal issues at home, and avoid exhausting your time off / last minute calls outs is advice I would provide. Medical appointments and such need advance notice & preapproval with your boss

Pros

Repetitive fast paced

Cons

Short breaks & system-server issues

A relaxed place that had management who wanted you to succeed.

Healthnet was a great place to work. My manager and director genuinely cared about the well-being of their team. The work was not overly challenging and could be tedious at time but we were encouraged to use our free time constructively. We were allowed to take online classes when our work was complete and the company offered tuition reimbursement.,

It was god d place to work. You learn a lot. They do use you as much as they can to get what they need. I would of stayed if there was room for growth.

It was OK. Too many departments did not communicate to be effective

It was a decent job. Put headphones in and keep my head down and could work uninterrupted. Other departments were unwilling to assist when it came to describing their processes which affected other departments. My department went to fully automated so got laid off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Net. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Health Net.
Powered byComparably