Health Net Employee Reviews

Found 1,109 reviews matching the search See all 1,130 reviews
Flexible Starting Hours
Medicare Contract Analyst (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 22, 2018
Working salary is a great thing because you can come into the office when you need to as long as you finish your work. There is a nice break room but no cafeteria on site.

Many nice coworkers and acquaintances.
Pros
Great salary opportunity
Cons
No cafeteria. No classroom training - on the job training only
work life
Appeal & Grievance Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 19, 2018
its good pace to work on stable workflow
management assist you when needed
every case can be the same or different
help coworkers and hours are their when needed or requested for OT
great benefits, upbeat environment,
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 18, 2018
learned various health plans and how they work\
workplace culture they try to make it light and serius when it need to be. The most enjoyable part is when you actually help a member with their concerns and solve it
Productive workplace
Appointment and Authorizations Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Not completely punctual, overall it was a good company the position was amazing. But there wasn’t much order within the company certain rules wasn’t being controlled.
best place to work
Customer Service Representative 1 (Current Employee) –  californiaSeptember 17, 2018
I have worked for a few places over the years and Healthnet is by far the best. My coworkers are like a family to me. There is a lunch lotto for a free meal as well.
Pros
free lunch, raises
Cons
angry customers
Horrible
BROKER RELATIONS CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 17, 2018
Horrible ! Don’t apply! This is the last place you want to apply. Don’t waste your time please trust me. Crabs in a barrell for $15 an hour. Horrible horrible
Pros
Horrible
Cons
Horrible
call center worker
CSR1/Small Business Accountant Eligibility Rep (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 16, 2018
Heavy favoritism driven, all supervisors play favorites. Each has their own rules that they choose to follow. Every department is inconsistent. Even when you're there without missing any days and are a top performer , when trying to move up, the position goes to the favorite, not the qualified hard worker.
Pros
meet lots of cool people
Cons
sups are horrible, training and programs/rules are inconsistent.
Cannot say enough good things about HNFS/TRICARE
Referral Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYSeptember 14, 2018
HNFS/TRICARE was an awesome place to work and the people I worked with were awesome as well. We were like family.

It was one of the hardest days to walk out that final day for the last time knowing we would not be coming back.
Cons
Appeals & Grievance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 14, 2018
Learned many things form different departments. Great and fun place to work. Recommend applying if you live near the office. Great benefits and people. 2 large break rooms with plenty microwave tv's and internet access. Snack machines available and soda & drinks. Etc.
Pros
n/a
Cons
30 min lunch
na
Group Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 13, 2018
I miss Health Net however I received a job offer that, at the time, I could not turn down. I needed to make more money as the sole support of my household. Health Net Account Management was a fun place to be and I still have a friendship with all my old coworkers.
Great place for me to get back into the workforce
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 13, 2018
I was able to get a decent job here to get back into the workforce. I like my manager a lot. It seems like they never promote from within here, and we have lost many great people because of that. They will unfortunately lose me because that as well.
Good place for entry level positions
Intake Rep lll (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 11, 2018
I enjoy working for this company. I believed in the integrity of the company and I love helping members receive the health care that they need. Unfortunately it is time to move on.
I enjoyed working for Health Net
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 11, 2018
Overall it was a decent job, good hours. No advancement opportunities really though. Management, customers and trainers were great! Environment was chill.
Fast paced
Authorization and Appointing Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 10, 2018
This job was stressful. We had to schedule a certain number of appointments daily which was not able to be done because many providers contacted did not want to work with them.
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Too many to name
Not fun, very stressful
Referral Coordinator, Sales secretary (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 9, 2018
When Health Net was Intergroup of Arizona, it was great. When big corporations bought it. It gradually went down hill. That is az ll I am going to say.
Good, but could be great...
Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 9, 2018
Health Net Federal Services has the potential to be a great company...unfortunately, bad decisions and a weak management suite have caused the firm to find itself behind the competition in both infrastructure and culture. The mission is worthy and the majority of the people coming to work do it because they have a personal connection in supporting the men and women of our nations military, Veterans, and their families.

Long work hours and outdated systems means that you work harder and longer than you should have too. The nature of federal contracts makes it a unique learning environment but one that is not easily replicable in the commercial sector. This leads to very specific requirements for a program that must meet the governments every desire, regardless of how ridiculous they might be.

The company is going through a season of change which will make the next several years interesting to observe but difficult to manage if on board. People remain to the be greatest asset of the firm and if the management team can identify those key players the company could potentially turn the corner and be great.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
constant change, out-dated systems, poor management
Utilization Review
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 8, 2018
Prior to the merger with Centene, I feel that the work environment was much better. Its not a horrible place to work but its definitely not the best either. There is job security if you work on the federal side however very little room for advancement.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay, benefits, lack of advancement opportunities
ever changing
Enrollment Department Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 7, 2018
Because they are government contracted, there were changes all the time. This was a stressful job especially at contract change time. Also the mandatory OT would burn people out.
Pros
pay
Cons
stress
Full day of work
Utilization Management Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 5, 2018
Each day was very busy and if there was slow day we would be able to assist other departments. Co-Workers are great to work with as we had multiple policy changes and we would help each other out by providing information and hard copies of the changes. The difficult part of working at Health Net was the work/life balance. Our department would work right up to a holiday and we would be made to work massive amounts of overtime while management took their holiday vacations. We would also be required to work weekends as our department was compliance driven. Pay was decent but the option to take an HMO for your health benefits was not given. You were only able to take PPO insurance which was not offered at a discount to their employees.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Overworked
Great Opportunity
Enrollment Representative to Lead (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 4, 2018
This company has a lot of potential in career growth for the company and its employees. Normally there is mandatory OT for a hour or 2 for Monday and Tuesday in the beginning of the month being its more busy other than that PTO and sick time is pretty fair here.
Pros
Ot
Cons
30 minute lunches