Health Network Laboratories

Health Network Laboratories Employee Reviews

United States97 reviews

labptosupervisordepartmenthealthpatientemployeebenefit

Great Health Benefits

Great Health benefits. Favoritism between certain coworkers. Get plenty of sick days, but if you use them, you get an occurrence against you. 40 hours of PTO right away upon starting, health, vision and dental - GREAT benefits upon starting.

Poor Management

There are some awesome employees at the location I worked at. Hard working, mature, and team players.Management were not team players. It's almost as if they had all the perks and were driving cattle. Enjoying the fruits of their labor and literally showed the employees videos of getaways management took. That only motivated me to get out of there.

Health Network Laboratories insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Horrible

There is no growth at HNL, management is very lazy and makes their employees do everything. The pay is awful and they make other people do work for other departments that is not their job title.

Unfair work environment

The company takes advantage of the employees large turn around and not enough staff to handle the work load so you are forced to do overtime even if you can’t

Fun workplace to work

Good paying, good management, awesome employees, everyday is something new to learn. I loved the time I had work in HNL Lab the experience was worth it.

Learning experience, but lots of high school drama

Management is a joke, the favoritism is disgustingly noticeable, overworked and not appreciated. We were very short staffed and encouraged to work overtime almost every night. Our supervisor had no clue what she was doing. I meet some great friends there and was a great learning opportunity. If you do end up working here expect drama and to only be there a short time.

Phlebotomist

Fine if you're looking for a steady job with ok pay. The employees at PSCs tend to be forgotten when it comes to things like recognition compared to the employees at the main lab

Interesting & fast paced

Liked working on my own & being trusted to do my job. If I did need help, it was only a phone call away. Met a lot of great people at my stops! Not a hard job but you need to be detail oriented. Company treats you well & the benefits are good!

Innovative and Fun place to work!

HNL is a fast paced and fun work environment. The environment is ever evolving, with a lot of growth currently and to come. My job, work environment and co-workers make me want to get up in the morning and come to work. The days go by quick, we work hard, and most importantly have fun!

High stress and no appreciation

No appreciation if you are a customer care representative. Often left out of appreciation notices on our companies home page, other departments are given gifts and bought pizza but our department is constantly forgotten. Workload keeps getting heavier, more hospitals constantly being added which means higher call volume, more tasks are given, no pay increase. In the beginning of covid they told people they were not allowed to take their approved PTO but if they had actual vacation plans, they were asking for proof of flights/hotels booked to be given the OK to go.. mandated overtime and given 1 day notice. Supervisors are 0 help, hired outside the company so they are not knowledgeable at all. They will beg for people to pick up over time if staffing is short, and if no one does, they never help of course as you’d think a “supervisor” would do to help their team.. You get a 15 minute break and a 30 minute lunch so prepare to rush constantly. All calls come directly to us, even if the caller did not need our department. Whenever any line doesn’t pick up, straight to us. Constantly being screamed at/disrespected by doctors and patients. High stress environment as the calls are back to back, a lot of the time many representatives will sit on not ready 10+ min while you are drowning in calls and they are chatting and laughing with other reps. You are not seen as an actual person here.

Cons

Short breaks, no help from supervisors/management, no appreciation, heavy workload no extra pay

Sales

Don’t expect any training, you’re on your own. Not even close to competing with other companies to retain top talent. Pay structure is not clearly defined.

Easy work. Good for retirees

Easy work for retired people. Expensive benefits for the salary. Fun job. Good people. Management let me down during covid. Not a good fit for me

Pros

Health benefits for retirees.

Cons

Stressful, no compromise, higher ups do less and get more

You are just another dog pulling the sled. You’re constantly being verbally abused by doctors/patients, higher ups are less knowledgeable than the representatives and do significantly less as well. It’s all take and no give. No appreciation, like someone else said they’re only looking for a warm body to fill a position.

No loyalty toward employees; they only want a warm body to fill a position

When I started at HNL almost 18 years ago, it was a good place to work. Now, at least in the phlebotomy department, they can't keep phlebotomists due to overwork and low staffing. They don't abide by their own pandemic safety regs, and refuse to stand by their employees.

The incentives

I have worked for HNL for over a year and couldn't of asked for a better company to work for. They have bonuses and supervisors that will take their time with you. The job is rewarding and your always learning something new..

Pros

Bonuses.

Great please to work

I had a great team to work with and I was able to learn so much from everyone. No one was selfish or aggressive. Management was very fair and recognized when something was done well. I also agreed when they would informe no cellphones in the lab. I left because I moved two hours away from there. Otherwise, I’d still be there.

Pros

Great team and support

Cons

I really can’t think of any

Billing Team - prejudice

I would not accept a role on the billing team as a minority AT ALL! You are expected to worked harder than others without the support of LEADERSHIP. If you complain they team up to get you fired!

Great People

I loved the people I worked with, so it made going to work fun and enjoyable. However, it is on the smaller size as far as employees are concerned, so the opportunities to advance were limited.

Pros

Great people, good environment

Cons

Pay was average

Big rich company

Hnl has so many labs they keep expanding but not paying much. Love that they hire within. It's a fun easy job but you dont get paid enough other dep make so much more than specimen management department.

Wouldn't recommend

The boss is constantly rushing everyone to get the work done and appreciate her employees. The pay isn't that great as well but has good benefits. You get in trouble for every little thing unless you're on her favorites.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Favoritism and poor management

Still traumatized from working here

This company was constantly putting more work onto the phlebotomists with no pay increase. They never acknowledged how important the phlebotomists were to the company. Without them...there is no company. My supervisor was horrible and a lier. The work environment was toxic and “clicky”. Brown nosing was encouraged and you could never please management enough.

Pros

Liked doing phlebotomy

Cons

Pay, no appreciation, only tell you what you do wrong

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Network Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits