Health Plan of San Mateo Employee Reviews

Could be fun
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMay 23, 2018
Management do not try and know the person who working for them.
Judging who your character is before working with you to see what you can do.
Over all fun activities ever other month
Hardest part keeping Human service and Management happy. They make mistakes all the time. And the little people loose there jobs.
Pros
Free fruit, coffee and tea
Cons
On the clock for breaks can't do anything but go to the restroom.
No comment
Authorizations Specialist I (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAApril 23, 2018
No comment-- I have not comment about this company. Great comany to work for,gym access, food trucks come during the week. Nice clean area to work in
work balance
Greivances and Appeals Cordinator (Former Employee) –  South San FranciscoNovember 8, 2017
job work and life balance was poor which can cause more stress in your personal life. Employees were overworked each day and cases were constantly late because of this.
Relaxed environment
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CASeptember 29, 2017
new office building right off freeway, easy access. communication between departments is good especially because almost all projects go through every department
Pros
job stability, benifits are great
Cons
accountability for problems
Unorgainzed management
Utilization Review Nurse II (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJune 28, 2017
Not a good place to work, the management does not have their stuff together and humiliates the staff with micro management. There is a low moral in this environment and people are leaving left and right.
Pros
ok benefits
Cons
Management is not good at all. Pay is low.
Productive and fun with people; coworkers and clients
Bilingual Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAApril 10, 2017
Productive and fun type of job and place to work, great with coworkers and clients; providers, members, callers, trainers, managers, supervisors, and everybody there.
Very productive, good management, good work environment
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJanuary 26, 2017
When I worked at HPSM, which was about 9 years ago, it was a very good company to work for. Management was supportive and would provide direction in any situation that the employee would need help or assistance. The atmosphere was great as most employees felt appreciated. The only reason I left HPSM was due to my moving over two hours away.
Pros
Great Management, good benefits
Cons
I can not think of any Cons
Interesting Place to work
Utilization Review Nurse II (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJuly 25, 2016
I get my assignment from my manager for the day and work the list to complete as many as possible.I use Milliman Criteria guidelines to complete my reviews. The company works with the MediCal population of San Mateo County.
Pros
Helpful environment
Cons
No room for advancement
Case Management utilization review (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CASeptember 8, 2015
Fun place to work at. Great management. The workers are very engaging and are team players. The management is very approachable and willing to step in when necessary. Great company with the possibility to grow. The company is expanding at a fast rate.
Pros
Friendly environment to work
Cons
Distance is fear from my residence
Cumbersome nursing software and siloed workflow
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2014
A typical day includes reviewing inpatient acuity and discharge plans on-site at Seton Medical Center in Daly City. I enjoyed the care managers at Seton very much, and the feeling was mutual!

Without access to Seton medical records remotely, a lot of time was consumed locating and printing essential patient information needed for my charting. At HPSM, navigating the documentation process required hunting and gathering information from several unconnected software programs and text icons, which I mastered incrementally.

Executive mnagement worked hard to present new programs such as Duals Demonstration (MediConnect) which is managed Medicare and MediCal. In addition the Medical Directors were approachable and caring. However, the department manager was non-transparent and unprofessional.

The company employed mostly non - clinical people.There were some incredibly talented nurses at HPSM which were the best part of the job, although we did not collaborate or have IDT sessions. The hardest part of the job was the absence of patient contact, which is an area that I excel, and the siloed nature of the company.
Pros
Free coffee, matching retirement funds.
Cons
The compensation did not reflect the intense nature of the work.
great company
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2014
easy going co workers
slow times and times when there is high stress
Good benefits to much politics
Facility Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAAugust 27, 2013
Good place for the benefits but the staff are uneducated and rude
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
micro managment