Health Plus Management Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
worst place I have ever work before.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 13, 2018
The manager was the most annoying person in the office. there was never a day where she didn't have anything to say to one of us. She was the type of person that wanted everything that she was doing to be recognized even if she sent an email she wanted people to know that she did it. The staff overall were really kind and friendly.
Great first job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2018
Hardest part is the unstable management.
Best part is the people who you work with & the patients.
For the MOST PART the office was kept very clean. Its a patient environment so there wasn't much that could be prevented sometimes. This is a great first job!
Pros
the people
Cons
management
Fun environment
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2018
I like working here, it's definitely a place that helps you grow professionally and as a person. We are always working as a team to achieve goals that will hopefully benefit us in the future. The manager is great! She gives everyone respect and always listens to you and is open to ideas.
Pros
Fun environment, everyone is respectful
Cons
Pay wage
Great people to work with.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2018
Met very nice and great people. Quick paced, but everyone works hard together which makes working so much more enjoyable and stress free. Patients were friendly and understanding once you explain to them why certain things may take time. Overall great company.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Rush hour
Horrible job at east tremont location
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 6, 2018
The front desk girls are amazing and fun and full of life but the manager is a grouch. The work is so easy but the manager and regional manager made it seem like it was the end of the world and so much extra had to get done. The manager likes to lie to the girls and cause problems between the girls she also talks about them. The main doctor is a racist and takes jabs every chance he gets. If you want to get hired and fired in 2 weeks, this is the place to go. Girls are in and out the office all the time.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Manager
Not a great place
Medical Front desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 20, 2018
They are all adults who act like uneducated children. This was the worst experience of my life. I used to greet the patients and answer the telephone, the manager made the job harder than it actually was. It was very unprofessional and stressful to go to work at the East Tremont location.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The manager
Great Staff! I love working in this company
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Astoria, NYMarch 20, 2018
After graduating high school was when I started woking at Health Plus Mgmt. Started as an aide, helping patients feel better and make their day bright encouraging them to come to physical therapy. Throughout those years I made my way to become the Medical Records Coordinator/Receptionist in one of our locations. It’s almost 5 years now, I am still here making smiles to our patients every single day helping them in our little way. In other hand, our manager, is the best manager I’ve been with so far. She change the atmosphere for the better whenever you work her and the knowledge she has is incredible. I have learned so much and I am always excited to go to work.The patients love her as well as us her staff. I Love working Here!
Health Plus Mangement
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 15, 2018
Health Plus Management helps their employees discover their capabilities and we motivate each other to keep doing our best. I have been able to work with caring supportive staff/management that want to see you succeed. This company hires entry level individuals who are looking to pursue a career in the Medical world and provides them an opportunity they may not be able to receive elsewhere. There are many different positions and departments to explore here and we like to hire from within. Upper management makes sure to work with you and ensure you feel supported. The best part of working here is knowing that management has your back.
I started my journey in Human Resources last year with this company and I have learned so much since joining this company. I have acquired various mentors on my journey while working for HPM and the various managers make sure to provide help when they can, or they will redirect you to someone who can help better help out. They take your complaints seriously and all issues are brought to management's attention.
We are a rapidly growing company who is always looking for professional, ambitious, and motivated individuals to help grow our company even further. I would definitely recommend working here for those who are seeking an opportunity to try out different positions as we provide opportunities to work in Marketing, Billing/Collections, all types of Administrative positions, and more at various locations.
Pros
growth potential, support
Great positive staff
Collector (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 23, 2018
I've been working for the company for about 3 years and think the environment gets better and better. The management is extremely fair and understanding. The company Encourages teamwork and a friendly environment. If you don't want to be a part of a team atmosphere or have a negative attitude, this isn't the job for you. It's very rare this company has those type of employees. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to be apart of a positive, growing company. Growth within the company is encouraged. So many different departments. The upper management is super friendly and also extremely motivating. The training in all the departments are great and staff always offers to help as well as upper management. I look forward to what the future will bring while I work for this company. Lots of growth!!!
Pros
Staff is helpful and very friendly
Cons
Lunch room but this company is relocating so that will change
Worst place
Worker's Comp Collector (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 7, 2018
Where do I begin?. I must say that working for this company was a experience like no other. I felt like I was going to a third world country. Over kill.. lack of respect from your co-workers if you don't side with them they are against you. Management is ok with the behavior. You have to have thick skin or you will get bullied and walked over. God forbid if you get sick or have a personal problem . The entire office will know because management will tell everyone what's wrong with you. Most of the staff behave like young teenage adults who never grew up. Lots of backstabbing going on.

The CEO of the company comes into the building but most of the staff never seen his face. Your better off cashing in cans than waiting on a bonus it's a disgrace and a slap in the face. Rumors- nasty people; the Worst experience ever. No training be prepared to be over worked and under paid. The office manager is never there so she will leave staff in the office in charge and report back to her with lies. One microwave in the kitchen to heat food up for the entire company. Half of your lunch break you spend waiting on heating up food. The kitchen consist of 3 chairs and a kids table. No real lunch room. Arguments in the office on the floor; threats being made towards other staff members and ignored . You are up against staff that's been there for decades because they have no real training and couldn't make it in the real world. The few nice people that are their get treated like a door mat. It's a Horriable place to work. The pay is Extremly low considering how much work they expect you to
  more... do.

You are trained to be a robot and push paper. Nothing environmental about the company . It's 2018 and this company still pushing tons of paper in the office. The office may have been clean 1 time since I been there. The Windows are dirty on the inside. No Team work at all.

The only thing I did like about the company was when we had a office party the food was good. It's so bad even the human resources lady left the company. Now that's a first. The only person I would recommend to this company is the Department of labor board.
Pros
Local commute
Cons
Bad enviroment
Worst place I've ever worked
Correspondence Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 15, 2017
This was a horrible place to work. The manager was would say one thing to me in a one on one meeting then trash me and my co-worker in departmental meetings. I have no issues with constructive criticism but I draw the line at outright lying. It was a very uncomfortable environment to work.
Greet staff
Desk Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 9, 2017
Very busy
A lot of patients
Doctors where very nice to work with
Central brooklyn location
Manager was very pleasant and knowlegable of pt.
Growth is possible out side of the office
it is closed
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  EASTGATE, OHIOSeptember 17, 2017
It was a great place to work with good people..It is no longer open. I would recommend it if it was still in business. The owner is a great guy and fun to work for
Pros
Great place
Cons
No longer open
Room for growth
Chart Prep and Arbitration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hempstead, NYJune 1, 2017
I have worked for the company for about a year and a half and have moved up in positions a couple of times. Everyone is eager to help when you have a question. We are a very busy/fast pace office so the day goes by super quick. After a year and a half I'm still learning new things everyday. It's been an amazing experience and your hard work doesn't go unrecognized!!!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
expensive health insurance
Will not compensate you for your experience!
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 15, 2017
Your title is receptionist, though you will be playing the part of a Paralegal, Patient Care Coordinator, Assistant Manager, and Security Guard. Seriously, its not worth all the stress the peanuts you will be making to play so many positions. As for management ... No Comment.
Pros
Close to the highway!
Cons
Pay!
Unprofessional, poor management and lack of support
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 13, 2017
Worked at this company and it was a deep regret. They expect so much work, but very little pay or support. Most times I barely got a lunch break, while the manager and the medical assistant do as they please.

They show a lot of favoritism and lack professionalism. Felt discriminated as I was the only non Hispanic that worked in the office as they often chose to speak in
Human resource department is awful as well.
Pros
Great physicians, free lunches
Cons
Poor management, discrimination
Great Workplace
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 16, 2017
I started at HPM as a front desk personnel and quickly moved up in ranks. Of course, hard work pays off, but in this company the chance for growth is incredible.
Pros
quick progression
Cons
healthcare too expensive
This is a GREAT Company to work for!!!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  North BronxMarch 9, 2017
I have worked for the company for two years before I made manager. I started as Front Desk, move on to Patient Care Coordinator, also Medical Records. Now I manage the office at the North Bronx.

Great people at all levels of the company - joining is like joining a family and the company is extremely supportive.

There is definitely growth within the company and excellent support which I appreciate.
Pros
Progressive and Supportive Environment
Excellent teamwork
Medical Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 9, 2017
I enjoy working in the North Bronx location, the environment is amazing. Not only is the office welcoming to patient and employees but the team work is spectacular. I started about a year ago and yet i feel like I'm coming for the first time with welcoming arms.
Exciting with many new opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 2, 2017
After graduating college I was working at a restaurant that I would help out with since I was a kid. My sister who works for HPM mentioned that I should apply. I was so nervous, but excited to land a job in the field of my degree so quickly.

I work at the call center. The phones are super busy all day, but I have a really great team, we tag team all the calls together. We all work with each other and help one another out.

When I started, I was responsible for A LOTT of data entry, I mean A LOT. I found myself constantly complaining about the errors that I would find on these reports and how overwhelmed I felt with the amount of work. My manager created a "Pain Point" board and told us to write out all our frustrations, we set goals on how we could eliminate these pain points. its been 9 months since we started this, but I can gladly say I no longer have to do data entry. We worked with the IT dept and an outside company who helped us automate the entire process. I am so relieved and appreciate that we were able to do this. I also love how much I have learned about technology and am glad that as young as I am I was trusted to take part of this project with the management team.

I know that I can take anything I've learned here and apply it to anything.
Pros
Healthcare, dental, vision