Health Quest Employee Reviews

Poor place to work in management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 2, 2018
This organization is difficult due to the culture of fear that exists in management - firing people is a weekly event. And, that workload is added onto the managers that are left with no additional resources to do your job. You keep your head down and try to not make anyone angry. There are so many great managers who are only waiting to retire or find a better job. The good ones leave, the bad ones are protected politically. The senior leadership team is being decimated again, and everyone is worried about their jobs in management. The last time senior management changed, most of the managers were fired. Don't come here to be in a management position right now. Hours are long and you still can't get all the work done.
Pros
Benefits are pretty good for the area. Parking is on-site.
Cons
Unreasonable expectations of management, elimination of positions is taking a huge toll on those of us left behind.
Too much growth too quickly
Ultrasound Technologist- Full time (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 26, 2018
Great benefits and pay but mis-managed departments, understaffed causing shift- mandations and difficulty getting time off, overall low moral of staff.
Phlebotomist willing to develop my skills
Looking for first job as phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  PeekskillOctober 25, 2018
I’m been trying applying over 3 months now and they don’t give the opportunity to develop my skills as phlebotomist is very frustrating I dedicated my time to get certify and did enjoy every single day I was in class... I was one of the top ones who learn to draw blood and I ask people who works there yes it’s pretty busy yes they need people they hiring and short on staff why the do this to people who’s willing to do their best to what they love to do working for phlebotomist
great place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NY 12601October 20, 2018
Health quest is very good place to work and it offers a lot of incentive that everyone can benefit from. I have also learn new skills as each day goes by. with that it gives me great gratitude working for healthquest.
Pros
tution reinbursment
Cons
shorter breaks.
Diet aid: terrible
Diet Aide (Former Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYOctober 17, 2018
I worked as a diet aid in Rhinebeck for health quest for almost 4 years. To start it was a great easy fun job. I loved my boss and my co-workers. I enjoyed coming into work. Then new management came in and everything I was promised was taken away. We were not allowed to converse or listen to music in the kitchen anymore. People got fired for no reason, who had been there for years. Suddenly I couldn't use my PTO if I wanted and was made to feel bad for asking for a day off and questioned about why I needed it off. I was made to feel bad for wanting to go back to college and asking for set days on/off for that. We were all being used and treated horrible. Almost everyone I worked with felt the same and quite due to the fact of how we were being treated. I singed up for a part time job while finishing school. Not to be over worked and made to feel bad about not wanting to work 13 days in a row without a day off. But the PAY was GREAT.
Pros
the pay, and rewarding experience spending time with the residents.
Cons
rude management, having your meal break taken out of your pay but never having time to take it, having over 200 hours of PTO but not being able to use it.
review
RN (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 16, 2018
We usually do not have enough nurses or techs to be able to do our jobs with a high level of excellence. Patient acuity is higher and the population is growing so having the appropriate staff is key to quality care. I love what I do, but feel it could be done better if we had the correct staffing for every unit.
Pros
union, 10% discount in cafeteria
Cons
shorter breaks, less staff, sick policy
Unsafe workplace.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  PutnamOctober 6, 2018
Working in the security department at Putnam hospital center you’re sole purpose is to support the clinical staff. Security of the hospital is second to doing jobs that other departments should do. Security is the only department at Putnam Hodpital that is not unionized. The security Department is placed in dangerous situations Continually with difficult patients.Security officers tasks include escorting deceased bodies to the morgue and sitting on behavioral observations. Anyone considering this position should be fore warned assaults on staff do occur and placing you’re hands on patients to control them is common.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Unsafe place
Health quest is a large company and is growing, offer excellent benefits
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NY 12601September 26, 2018
Health-quest is expanding throughout the hudson valley. Great company to work for, excellent benefits for employees. Would be an improvement if the schedule was more flexible.
Well organized company
Chiropractic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bad Axe, MISeptember 13, 2018
Responsible for patient check in, insurance verification, and patient scheduling. The work atmosphere is good, depending on which chiropractor you are working with.
Pros
Free lunches when in a meeting
great place to work
Greet visitors and assist them (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 10, 2018
amazing people and a good place to work for with many opportunities to advance and move within the company. Many jobs and professions to choose from and many locations.
Clinical Hours
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 10, 2018
Health Quest was great for learning during my clinical hours in nursing school. The only down side as students was, we weren't allowed to administer medications.
Stressful place to work under the micromanagement of administrators with the soul purpose of there own financial gain.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 4, 2018
Dramatic culture change over the last 3 years with new administration catering to financial priorities versus employee or patient satisfaction. No opportunity for professional growth. Long term employees are de-valued, overworked and forced to perform in a hostile environment with the intent to drive them out to replace with entry level lower salaried employees. The only way to survive in this organization is under the umbrella of organized union protection. Administration is ruthless and self serving.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
See Above
Hard work low pay
CLINIC DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 31, 2018
This job had a lot to show when it came to management and patient acquisition. The opportunity gave me insight on patient management and increased my adjusting abilities to help optimize patient care. The job was based more on quantity than quality. I was able to learn a lot about other modalities such as decompression, laser, and neuropathy treatment.
This business has a very laid-back environment.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Russellville, KYAugust 29, 2018
I loved working here. The atmosphere is so nice and relaxing. The patients that come in are super sweet and always friendly. It can be fast paced at times but it never gets to overwhelming.
Pros
2 hour lunch
Productive, a nice place to work
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNJuly 30, 2018
A great place to work.
I learned to do everything on my own and being patient.
Great management.
There really wasn't a hard part at this job, you just have to maintain and keep up with the schedule.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
No loyalty
UM (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 26, 2018
Health quest is lacking in its support of employees. It turns a blind eye to injustice and bullying and coroption. Human Resources betrays confidences and supports the perpetrators vs the victims of abuse and harassment.
Pros
Compensation is ok
Cons
Dishonest, unsupportive, consistently hurting employees.
Benefits are the best
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NY 12603July 23, 2018
HQ upper management walk right past you in the hallway without acknowledging you.There are new expectations daily without the support from managers. Recruitment process takes forever.
Overall decent place to work
ER RN (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 18, 2018
Very busy hospital, pay is good, good benefits, workload can be overwhelming at times, lots of overtime available if wanted, not much down time, breaks are often not given, mangagement does not communicate well with staff.
Daily learning experiences through the need to adapt patient specific care needs
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJune 27, 2018
The hospital setting with multiple patient populations gave the pharmacy department and staff opportunities to learn and grow from one another and hospital staff to better care for patients.
Pros
Learning experiences to improve patient outcomes
Cons
Management turnover had impact on the department
Fun
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJune 24, 2018
Great place to work, people will have good days and bad days no matter what but if your a people person small things won't bother you.
Short staff .
Pros
Excellent benefits, pay
Cons
When you apply your application goes unanswered.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Quest. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight