Health Quest Employee Reviews

excellent place to work
Charge RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 19, 2019
Excellent patent care. acute services and life saving interventions readily available. protocols for expediting care of patient's used daily. states of the art technology available for patients
Politically charged, management blaming atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vassar Brothers Medical CenterFebruary 4, 2019
Leadership positions trying to be promoted will blame managers and get you fired without warning to take focus off themselves. Unreasonable expectations, long hours, no recognition or support. Staff positions being cut or not able to rehire into vacancies - expect same work to be done. Manager turnover very high - poor career advancement organization. In middle of federal billing fraud penalty payback and performance plan. What an chaotic, dysfynctional organization! Dont let them "take you to Vassar" for care and don't apply here unless you want stress, fear for your job, and no support to get the unreasonable workloads completed. Nurses have to take up to 6 patients in their assignment - poor care and long waits for callbell response is the norm. The only thing keeping some of us here is the benefits - sad state of affairs. Looking for a new job!
Pros
Benefits and pay not too bad.
Cons
Untrustworthy leadership, fear of losing job, no support, short staffed, facade of caring when all the actions say something different, you are just a commodity to be disposed of at will.
Health Quest Bloodlust to take down higher salaried employees
Surgical Suite (Former Employee) –  Hudson ValleyJanuary 13, 2019
How many veteran employees remain ? Few Why ? Health Quest eliminates positions of those that have grown with the company over time. you do a great job over many years and get incremental raises over those years putting a big fat target on your back. They then get rid of the talented experienced employees and hire PT and Per Diems w/o bennies....yuppers....that's the plan. Health Quest does not value experience. Go to a 20 year recognition dinner, receive a gift, and then they let you go. Boom....nice knowing you. Awful. Awful. Awful.
Pros
You had a good job but you're becoming costly- bye bye.
Cons
You can be replaced with younger cheaper staff w/o bennies !
High hopes were destroyed
Imaging Technologist (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 9, 2019
I had been told such awesome things about DRA when I started working there which quickly turned into huge lies. Management was new so we all gave her the benefit of the doubt but she quickly proved how inept she is at running a department. It's more important for her to share her personal business with the employees then actually getting her hands dirty and look at what is going on in her own department. Coworkers are pitted against each other for job security. This company has quickly turned into a facility that is more concerned with numbers than patient care. Management can care less about the hard working people they have and loyalty means nothing. I felt like I was living an episode of hunger games rather then providing healthcare to patients. If you don't kiss butt the right way then you're out. So please don't come work here unless you know how to lay it on thick.
Pros
I met a handful of wonderful people
Cons
all those wonderful people are looking to leave. Management sucks.
Enjoyable place to work.
Temp (Former Employee) –  Lagrangeville, NYDecember 27, 2018
This was a temp job. I enjoyed working here. Managers were not so helpful in training and lack of work towards end of the day. stressful when no one trains you properly. The girl who was not a manger ended up teaching me and made it fun to work there.
Pros
Close to home and enjoyable place to work for with help of employees.
Cons
Bad mangement.
Poor management
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 12, 2018
the employees at health quest are underpaid and overworked. Management does not show concern for their employees and do not respect employees personal and time off. Life-work balance is an alien concept for management.

Unless you are a doctor.
Cons
compensation, Pto, life work balance
Poor place to work in management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 2, 2018
This organization is difficult due to the culture of fear that exists in management - firing people is a weekly event. And, that workload is added onto the managers that are left with no additional resources to do your job. You keep your head down and try to not make anyone angry. There are so many great managers who are only waiting to retire or find a better job. The good ones leave, the bad ones are protected politically. The senior leadership team is being decimated again, and everyone is worried about their jobs in management. The last time senior management changed, most of the managers were fired. Don't come here to be in a management position right now. Hours are long and you still can't get all the work done.
Pros
Benefits are pretty good for the area. Parking is on-site.
Cons
Unreasonable expectations of management, elimination of positions is taking a huge toll on those of us left behind.
Fast paced, stressful
Patient Registration Associate (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYNovember 29, 2018
Fast paced, stressful, always more things to learn and implement but never additional pay. Favoritism at play. Benefits include overtime, tuition reimbursement
Pros
On time pay
Cons
Short breaks
Too much growth too quickly
Ultrasound Technologist- Full time (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 26, 2018
Great benefits and pay but mis-managed departments, understaffed causing shift- mandations and difficulty getting time off, overall low moral of staff.
Phlebotomist willing to develop my skills
Looking for first job as phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  PeekskillOctober 25, 2018
I’m been trying applying over 3 months now and they don’t give the opportunity to develop my skills as phlebotomist is very frustrating I dedicated my time to get certify and did enjoy every single day I was in class... I was one of the top ones who learn to draw blood and I ask people who works there yes it’s pretty busy yes they need people they hiring and short on staff why the do this to people who’s willing to do their best to what they love to do working for phlebotomist
great place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NY 12601October 20, 2018
Health quest is very good place to work and it offers a lot of incentive that everyone can benefit from. I have also learn new skills as each day goes by. with that it gives me great gratitude working for healthquest.
Pros
tution reinbursment
Cons
shorter breaks.
Diet aid: terrible
Diet Aide (Former Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYOctober 17, 2018
I worked as a diet aid in Rhinebeck for health quest for almost 4 years. To start it was a great easy fun job. I loved my boss and my co-workers. I enjoyed coming into work. Then new management came in and everything I was promised was taken away. We were not allowed to converse or listen to music in the kitchen anymore. People got fired for no reason, who had been there for years. Suddenly I couldn't use my PTO if I wanted and was made to feel bad for asking for a day off and questioned about why I needed it off. I was made to feel bad for wanting to go back to college and asking for set days on/off for that. We were all being used and treated horrible. Almost everyone I worked with felt the same and quite due to the fact of how we were being treated. I singed up for a part time job while finishing school. Not to be over worked and made to feel bad about not wanting to work 13 days in a row without a day off. But the PAY was GREAT.
Pros
the pay, and rewarding experience spending time with the residents.
Cons
rude management, having your meal break taken out of your pay but never having time to take it, having over 200 hours of PTO but not being able to use it.
review
RN (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 16, 2018
We usually do not have enough nurses or techs to be able to do our jobs with a high level of excellence. Patient acuity is higher and the population is growing so having the appropriate staff is key to quality care. I love what I do, but feel it could be done better if we had the correct staffing for every unit.
Pros
union, 10% discount in cafeteria
Cons
shorter breaks, less staff, sick policy
Unsafe workplace.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  PutnamOctober 6, 2018
Working in the security department at Putnam hospital center you’re sole purpose is to support the clinical staff. Security of the hospital is second to doing jobs that other departments should do. Security is the only department at Putnam Hodpital that is not unionized. The security Department is placed in dangerous situations Continually with difficult patients.Security officers tasks include escorting deceased bodies to the morgue and sitting on behavioral observations. Anyone considering this position should be fore warned assaults on staff do occur and placing you’re hands on patients to control them is common.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Unsafe place
Health quest is a large company and is growing, offer excellent benefits
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NY 12601September 26, 2018
Health-quest is expanding throughout the hudson valley. Great company to work for, excellent benefits for employees. Would be an improvement if the schedule was more flexible.
Well organized company
Chiropractic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bad Axe, MISeptember 13, 2018
Responsible for patient check in, insurance verification, and patient scheduling. The work atmosphere is good, depending on which chiropractor you are working with.
Pros
Free lunches when in a meeting
great place to work
Greet visitors and assist them (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 10, 2018
amazing people and a good place to work for with many opportunities to advance and move within the company. Many jobs and professions to choose from and many locations.
Clinical Hours
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 10, 2018
Health Quest was great for learning during my clinical hours in nursing school. The only down side as students was, we weren't allowed to administer medications.
Stressful place to work under the micromanagement of administrators with the soul purpose of there own financial gain.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 4, 2018
Dramatic culture change over the last 3 years with new administration catering to financial priorities versus employee or patient satisfaction. No opportunity for professional growth. Long term employees are de-valued, overworked and forced to perform in a hostile environment with the intent to drive them out to replace with entry level lower salaried employees. The only way to survive in this organization is under the umbrella of organized union protection. Administration is ruthless and self serving.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
See Above
Hard work low pay
CLINIC DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 31, 2018
This job had a lot to show when it came to management and patient acquisition. The opportunity gave me insight on patient management and increased my adjusting abilities to help optimize patient care. The job was based more on quantity than quality. I was able to learn a lot about other modalities such as decompression, laser, and neuropathy treatment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Quest. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight