Health Source Group Employee Reviews

Would never recommend
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 13, 2019
I felt like they made up the rules as they went along and no one really knew what they were doing. It was not a good place to work. If anyone asked I would never recommend this company to anyone
Pros
People were nice
Cons
Made up rules, not good customer service
The one I worked for does not exist anymore.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIJanuary 4, 2019
The one I worked for does not exist anymore. While I was there it was a very fun environment to work in. They were also very innovative in the modalities they did. It was very rewarding.
Well organized and structured business with great leadership opportunity
Office Mgr. / Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KYDecember 12, 2018
I worked for this company for many years and believe that based on the training that I received I formed me as a strong individual in the work force. I learned so much as this job and will never forget the amazing journey that it was.
Pros
Leadership and Team Building
Great if you like the flexibility
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  New york, NyNovember 14, 2018
Its a great job if you are looking for flexibility. As an LPN, i can pick and choose shifts that i want to do. Only downside is that you dont get shifts regularly enough, so its good for a side job. I also have another full time job elsewhere. I am a relatively new nurse with not too much experience so this is a stepping stone for me. But be warned that you are on your own once you accept a shift. If you are uncomfortable working with a child with a feeding tube or are unsure about your skills in a certain area, don’t take the shift and always ask before hand what the job entails because you do not want to get stuck in a situation you are not equipped for. Also make sure you do a bit of research on the school first before you go, if you want to avoid going to schools in rough neighborhoods. Most schools they send you to are nice, but there have been some instances where I ended up somewhere I did not want to be! So always look up the school.
a good quiet workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 24, 2018
it was very calm and quiet work environment. the manager is a very good at her job. coworkers were nice and helpful. job was very simple and easy. you have to be comfortable to work around people with mental disabilities behavioral disabilities.
Clinical rotation
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 10, 2018
This was a great facility with a great staff. Had a great experience at this location with all the perks the facility had to offer to the residence and to the staff.
Great place to work as a stepping stone for new nurses
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJune 21, 2018
As a new nurse, it's a nice start. It's per diem, so you can take shifts that fit with your school schedule if you're still a student. The staff at schools are always kind, and try to accommodate you as much as they can. If you're looking to advance or improve your clinical skills, this job isn't really for you. It's usually bandaids and ice packs, with the occasional daily or PRN med.

Management is disorganized at times. A lot of the time they'll book 2 nurses at the same place and send you home, even if you confirmed that shift weeks in advance. Sometimes they FORGET that you were confirmed and place another nurse for your shift.
Pros
Opportunity to travel, flexible schedule, free food (sometimes on trips), good pay
Cons
Disorganized coordinators
Heath Souce
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 21, 2018
It was a great job! The work environment is adaptable and pleasant. Great team work! I was willingly to stay over to help cover shifts as well. Awesome place to work!
Met some neet people
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KSFebruary 5, 2018
Deep cleaning rooms for residents
Learned how to sweep, mop & dust the right way.
The management was very flexible.
The other people that worked there was kind of disrespectable
The most enjoyable part was talking to the residents
Pros
talking to residents
Cons
not enough pay
A good place for HHA to start and get some experience.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2017
This agency is ok for starters or to just get you by, but not to stay.
their pay rate is super low, and they have no benefits. Basically get your money and go. However the agency is flexible and they seem to care about their clients.
nice place to work.
Supervisor of Matrons (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, NYOctober 2, 2017
My day is face paced at times but we all work as a team so it lightens the load. The most enjoyable part of the job is my staff. They are a wonderful group of ladies and we keep each other laughing. Workplace culture is laid back yet proffessional. The job is not hard at all, as long as you cover your bus runs for the day you did your job.
Pros
im home by 5 pm
Cons
I don't get paid when school is closed.
Decent starter job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJune 18, 2017
Does not give benefits but staff is professional and pays weekly. The work is worth the pay if you enjoy helping kids. They also position you at wonderful sites where the staff is easy to talk to.
Pros
Rewarding enviornments
Cons
Minimal tolerance for calling out
Mental illness and chemical addiction calls for lots of empathy and firmness
Mental Health/ Chemical Addiction Worker (Former Employee) –  Saginaw County, MIApril 10, 2017
Its and unpredictable environment that calls for mental alertness at all times. The mentally ill and substance abusers are sub-groups that most of us are ignorant of until we have direct contact with them. Training how to engage the different types of conditions adds value and humility to all of us better adults.
Some of the hardest days were dealing with patients who are chemically imbalance and disruptive because the unpredictability and lack of accountability by patients- what happen may recur without any learning by the patient. In contrast, to watch a patient regain stability and rejoin their family is invaluable to all of us who cares.
Pros
Learning the nuances of the different types of mental illness conditions
Cons
No expected accountability for patients/clients
staff very helpful in placing me in a good facilty
LPN (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJanuary 11, 2017
Very good staffing always had work. Great response from staff if problems arouse. Competitive pay. The only Issue was no benefits
Pros
good pay
Cons
no health benefits
Great company and great pay
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMarch 1, 2016
- school teachers are nice
-staff are warm and welcoming
-daily assessments and evaluations
-trach care
-accompany pt to pt, ot and speech therapy
Pros
no strict daily schedule
Cons
not enough activities for the children
Health Source
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 28, 2016
Health Source is very well managed and I enjoy working with the elderly residents. It is a very clean nursing home. The hardest part of the job is dealing with combative behavior. Co-workers are very helpful.
Nice people to work with
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJJune 25, 2015
it was fun working here, learnt a lot and ready too work with your schedule,
coworker were really nice I recommend this company
Rewarding and productive environment.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 17, 2015
The staff is very helpful and kind. They are a very interesting group of individuals who are supportive and focused on being a successful place to help relieve pain and regain mobility.
Provide additional experience for nurses
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hempstead, NYNovember 10, 2014
Working with this agency, I was given the opportunity to work as a school nurse and create bonds with my clients. It is extremely busy and high paced environment in which you face prioritizing cases throughout the day, which can be difficult but worth it. I mostly enjoy putting a smile on these children's faces no matter how ill they are feeling.
Working with people
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 23, 2014
Provided personal care services under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurses and Therapists. Performed personal hygiene including but not limited to: bathing, dressing, oral hygiene, shaving, shampooing, skin and nail care. Maintained household services essential to quality of living conditions including: meal preparation, feeding, laundry, housekeeping, running errands and assistance/transportation for medical appointments. Dispensed medication. Assisted elderly and disabled patients in a caring and professional manner. Maintained proper agency records.
Pros
I help people in need.
Cons
Health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Source Group. Our community is ready to answer.