Healthcare Associates of Texas Employee Reviews

Relaxed, and great teamwork!
Sleep center (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 12, 2018
Healthcare Associates is a great place to work.

Healthcare Associates is for you if you want teamwork, fun coworkers, great pay, blue cross blue shield health benefits, managers who don't micro manage, and incredible doctors that don't feel like they are breathing down your neck and feel like your pressured which inevitably causes more mistakes. Our team is very relaxed, helpful, and encouraging. HR will go above and beyond for you, whether its maternity leave, to an injury, to just being sick, they understand as long as it doesn't show patterned behaviors.

We have Christmas parties at hotels, monthly reminders of sleep-tech appreciation week, nurse week, MA week,etc, annual raises, plenty of PTO time, room for growth, state of the art sleep center equipment. I feel valued and I know its somewhere I will be able to grow in advancement in the long run. Managers have a way of keeping you encouraged, motivated and focused for career growth.

My favorite part about my job is getting a really sweet, thoughtful, and, encouraging review from a patient, it makes my whole 12 hours worth it. Also, this brand new building is quite the perk too! I feel very blessed.
Pros
Family-like, calm, relazed
Cons
Only annual raises
Lack of consistency, waste of time, stressfull
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 1, 2018
They expect you to do a lot of extra work projects plus patient care all at the same time. All patient visits are 20 minutes (even new patients) its all about how many patients they can get in and out in a day. They have unrealistic expectations of MAs. Management needs a lot work. They have no consistency one day they say one thing and the next its something totally different. Training is non existing. Oh and the google reviews are mostly from current employees.
Pros
Free lunch most days
Cons
Insurance benefits
December 3, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and review. We realize that the demand for patient care can create a stressful work environment at times; especially when there are many patients that wish to be seen. We very much appreciate the work that our staff puts into caring for these patients. We encourage any employees who might need a better work-life balance to visit with their supervisor to see if we can adjust your schedule to meet your needs.

Worst Healthcare company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXNovember 15, 2018
This company does not care about its employees or its patients. Management is horrible. They go around purchasing clinics, then fire all the employees there to bring in their own employees, no chance of survival if you were working there before they purchased it. They overcharge their patients and we are told and made to order and run unnecessary test for patients full well knowing that insurance will not cover and the biling department over charges and never speaks to the patients to go over their bills. By far the worst place to work and worst of all they do not care about the patients only how much money they can make. Truly sad to see them buy good clinics run everyone out of there so they dont have anyone standing up to them, then they take advantage of the patients.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
December 3, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that purchasing a clinic can be a difficult transition for employees. We do our best to maintain the teams already working in these clinics, as we do not have staff already employed in locations where we purchase clinics. We value and respect our employees, as well as our patients. Intentionally overbilling patients and ordering unnecessary examinations is not acceptable, and any suspected activity such as this should be immediately reported.

Team work
CSR/Scheduler/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 11, 2018
There was not a lot of team work here at this job, they was a lot of favoritism which really left no room for advancement at the time I was employed. Management was okay but really didn't understand how the call center really worked.
December 3, 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not feel you had the support we strive to have here. We encourage staff who are not feeling valued to share their feedback confidentially with Human Resources.

Heavy emphasis on revenue production
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX 75038November 6, 2018
Disappointing lack of integrity

Unreliable planning. Overbooking a problem at times.

Some good quality support staff. Poor loyalty to some staff dismissed after decades of sertvice.
Pros
good physical plant with great resiurces
Cons
economically very driven
December 3, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We recognize that the high demand for patient care can put stress on our staff at times as we try and provide the care that patients need. We are glad that you had a good experience working with our support staff and were able to effectively utilize the resources available in caring for our patients. We thank you for the care you provided.

Management changes
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  6161 Hwy 161, Irving, TXSeptember 16, 2018
The changes in this company, within the recent year have made working her very stressful and unpleasant. Performance numbers are being set at an unrealistic and unreachable level and people are being let go often. I have acquired alot of knowledge and experience in the years that I have been with this company, but recently I do not feel comfortable with my future at this company.
Pros
Some discount on services.
Cons
Future is very uncertain
December 3, 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. Being an organization focused on patient care, we recognize that providing that higher level of care can sometimes result in a stressful work environment. We respect and value our employees' time and efforts that go into what you do. We are here for you. We encourage you and other employees with concerns visit with your supervisor or confidentially with HR. We are glad to hear that you have been able to learn and grow with us!

Do not work here
CMA/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 15, 2018
Things have changed for the worst at HCAT mckinney , management will be quick to hire you but low pay . Does not want you to have overtime but You will expected to do the impossible !, you will be stressed and overwhelmed working here . Don’t even bother applying . Not worth it .
Pros
Free lunches
December 3, 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are sorry to hear that you felt you did not have the support from management that we strive to have here. All employees are respected and valued. We encourage any employee that does not feel that way to submit that feedback confidentially through Human Resources.

Management/HR/work life balance
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 14, 2018
They say work life balance and that is so far from the truth. When you have family issues the response given by management is "I'm sorry I have a business to run" HR not helpful so stressful environment
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, try scheduling vacation 6 months in advance for an out of country and told no, noone will be allowed off this week's then there are people off, not a family friendly environment
December 3, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and review. We are sorry to hear that you do not feel you have a good work-life balance with us. We encourage all staff to visit with their supervisors if their schedule needs to be adjusted to provide a better work-life balance. We are here for you, and we will work with you as best we can. We appreciate all you do.

Horrible
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Worst place ever,no organization,messages never get done and management is horrible, no ones voice is ever heard. You are required to do your work plus a ton extra with no chance of overtime. Management makes you do whatever corporate requires of you regardless of how it effects you.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Awful management
December 3, 2018

We are sorry to hear that you did not feel you had the support from your manager that you needed. We do value and respect our employees, and we encourage all staff who do not feel this way to speak confidentially with Human Resources. We are here for you.

great place to work
A/R Specialist & Medical Biller & Coder (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 31, 2018
great place to work but management was very difficult to deal with and seemed to not really know a great deal of information. they were great about getting time off when needed.
December 3, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! As we continue to grow, we will continue to improve. Thank you for helping us take care of our community.

No answer
Medical Assistant/Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 1, 2018
The company is a great place to learn different things and there's room for growth. Even through the company is large they try their best to make everyone feel like family.
December 4, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are glad to hear that you were able to learn and grow with us and that you enjoyed the family environment our great staff has created.

Work Review
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Most employees keep work high pace and always aim to please patients. It is a large company that continues to expand their practice as well as their clinical space. They have added 10 new physicians to the practice with surging patient acceptance.
December 4, 2018

Thank you for your review! At Healthcare Associates, we care very much about our patients, and our staff as well. Your efforts in providing high-quality care are a big part of what makes HCAT a great place to work! Thank you for all you do!

Waste of time
Lab Personnel (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 1, 2017
Management lacks leadership skills. No standard of care for patients. Unlabeled specimens and guessing who it belongs too. Wrong results in wrong charts. If you are in Healthcare for the right reasons and you are a patient advocate, do not work here. They don't look for employees, they look for a body to fill a vacant position.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
You name it
December 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not feel supported by your manager. We work hard to show employees that they are valued and respected. Patient information, including lab results, is of paramount importance. We provide our staff with the tools and support needed to make sure they are able to maintain the accuracy and confidentiality that is required. Staff who have concerns regarding the accuracy and confidentiality of patient information are encouraged to bring it to the attention of their supervisor or our compliance department immediately.

Excellent place to truly dive into nursing!
LVN (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 12, 2016
Great place to start nursing. Your supervisors are so helpful and you work closely with a nurse who will show you how to perfect your nursing knowledge and skills. Great place. I loved it there and will miss everyone! No regrets!
Pros
Very flexible with your schedule, great coworkers, an excellent boss who will help you when you need.
December 4, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are proud to have an environment of learning and growth, and we are glad that you enjoyed your time with us! Healthcare Associates of Texas strives to ensure employees know you are part of the family. Our great staff is what makes this such a fun place to work. Thank you for sharing your experience!

very rewarding to help patients
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 14, 2016
A state of art clinic provide continue care for patients. Facility has MRI, CT scan , sleep lab, pharmacy , physical therapy and etc. Everyday work is full of challenge and reward from patient satisfaction is great.
Pros
as bove mentioned
December 4, 2018

Thank you for your review! Healthcare Associates of Texas is proud to provide so many tools to our staff that can be used to provide high-quality patient care. We are very grateful to our staff that delivers that care to our patients. We are thrilled that you are enjoying the rewarding nature of this work. Thank you for the impact you make on patients' lives each and every day.

Best Healthcare Office to work in by far!!
NRCMA (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 23, 2016
I worked here for 13 years and even though it is large I felt very much a part of the family. Amazing people to work with and for.
December 10, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed working with our wonderful staff. Healthcare Associates of Texas works hard to maintain a welcoming and friendly environment, and we are happy to hear about your experience with us.

Fun Fun Fun
Patient Service Representative/Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 22, 2015
Never a dull moment at this place. The coworkers became family and so did most of the patients. To hear stories from the older patients was truly a gift.
December 10, 2018

Thanks for your review! Healthcare Associates of Texas is extremely proud of our great team, and the awesome work environment that you all have created here, and for the excellent service they provide to our patients. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us!

Fun and everybody is very friendly
Externship Site (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Very busy.
Learn how to check-out and more hands on training with insurance verification.
Pros
A very nice placed to work
Cons
n-a
December 10, 2018

Thank you for your review! Healthcare Associates of Texas works hard to maintain a friendly environment where our employees can learn and grow with us. We are glad to hear of your experience and appreciate your hard work.

Productive easy going place
Practice and OB/GYN (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 4, 2012
An excellent place to work at. The staff get along as a family group, concerns, issues, or any problems if ever, get resolved. The management is awesome. I never had an issue in my over four years of working there that wouldn't get attended to. I miss my coworkers, specially my supervisor.
Pros
monthly birthdays acknowledgment, employee of the month, a yearly bonus, christmas dinner for emp, and their families
December 10, 2018

Thanks for your review! Appreciating and valuing employees is very important to us. The great work environment we have at Healthcare Associates of Texas was created and is maintained by our great staff. We appreciate all they do, and we are happy to hear of your positive experience with us.

Excellent
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 12, 2012
Excellent atmosphere,great patients and staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #1 company to work for
Pros
excellent
Cons
excellent
December 10, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are very grateful to our amazing staff that has made Healthcare Associates of Texas such a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Associates of Texas. Our community is ready to answer.

Healthcare Associates of Texas Reviews by Location