Healthcare Express Employee Reviews

Very negative organization to work for.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXNovember 3, 2018
Very hostile work environment. staff always seem to be very argumentative with patients. Would not recommend employment at this organization. Employees always leaving due to poor pay and benifits.
Interesting place to work
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Longview, TX 75604October 27, 2018
Invites creativity.... interesting place to work. Cons are working weekends and some holidays without special compensation. Overall I’m very grateful for the opportunity!
Pros
3day work week
Cons
No paid holidays, weekend and holiday work
Culture Oriented
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 15, 2018
They are focused on their culture and their team first and foremost. No other company will put as much into you as Healthcare Express does. They are family and community oriented.
Red flag!! This place is always hiring.
Biller (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Cultish life skills classes required, be the robot HCE expects, or be fired. Childish dress up days required at your expense. Horrible management, cliques, gossip, drama, liars, fakes. Good looks will get you farther if you know how to be extremely fake. Being fake is the only way to survive here. Only certain personality types are accepted here, which is the reason for the humiliating life skills class. If fired, they will fight your unemployment benefits, and have co-workers that didn't even know you testify against you.
Pros
Cons
You're not allowed to be yourself. Controlling environment.
Fun place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with. We were able to have a good time while taking care of the work that needed to be done. Laid back environment. Enjoyable.
Loyalty and hard work isn't valued
LVN (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 18, 2017
The owners and leaders say one thing, yet do another. Nobody is secure in their job. They value nobody, and will fire you with no reason given, at the drop of a hat. While much is expected from all employees, very little is given back. Don't drink the Kool-aid. It isn't worth it.
Pros
If you work away from the main location, it is bearable.
Cons
Bad benefits, high expectations, no loyalty. The owners and those in the "inner circle' are the only ones who count.
Flexible schedule. Great co-workers. Different.
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 11, 2017
A fairly relaxed environment.
Odd employee requirements like book reports, dress up days, strict jeans and t-shirts dress code. (T-shirts must be purchased from the company)
Poor benefits.
Inadequate training for staff and managers.
Flexible schedule, great co-workers.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Benefits lacking. Little chance for advancement. Quirky 'culture' requirements.
Great coworkers, evil management.
Biller (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 25, 2017
It's a shame that I have to give a great company like Healthcare Express such a horrible review. Healthcare Express is good, but the billing company Medical Practice Success is absolutely terrible. I worked for the billing company for quite a while, and I can say with 100% honesty that it was a very miserable time in my life. Healthcare Express has a "no gossip" policy, which is great. However, the supervisors in the billing department do not follow the same policy. They, particularly the billing manager and her few side kicks, gossip about everyone in the office every single day. They treat people like children; things like talking down to and publicly embarrassing employees in front of their coworkers. Employees who aren't in a supervisor position are made to be terrified of losing their jobs if they don't meet the unattainable goals given to them. They're docked attendance points for everything from being a few minutes late here and there, to forgetting to clock in/out. One supervisor in particular has a severe attitude problem, and has been known to have outbursts during meetings where she cusses at team members. Most of the supervisors are rude and not likeable people. They will be friendly with you in one breath and in the next they are talking about you. They have taken people who were once very friendly and turned them into hateful monsters. In a nutshell, you shouldn't work for the billing department if you value your sanity and NOT being stressed out 24 hours a day. If you don't like being talked to like a child and berated day in day out, then this isn't the place  more... for you. The billing department could be a great place if it weren't for the fake and vile people of managing it.  less
Pros
Dress up days were fun
Cons
Stressful enviroment, impossible goals to meet, terrible management
overal good place to work, great team that pulls together. draw backs are no retirement and no paid time off
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 25, 2017
good place to work, good hours, hard work but a good team that pulls together. the only throw back is no retirement or paid time off. otherwise great place to work. good with working with school schedule.
Pros
schedule
Cons
no retirement or paid time off
Urgent Care
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMay 17, 2017
Very fast pace work place with flexible work hours. I enjoyed working for HCE because of the fast and friendly service that we were able to provide to the community
Pros
Free lunches for drug reps
Cons
No Lunches
Amazing culture and work environment
Director of Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Best culture of any workplace I've ever experienced. Great benefits and plenty of opportunity to learn and advance with a rapidly growing company using state of the art technology to provide amazing service.
I really liked my job. I loved most all of my co workers and dress up days were also fun. Participating in community projects was a plus.
PCT/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARDecember 13, 2016
Very fun place to work. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping patients and having fun while at work. However in Urgent Care we rarely had breaks and we ate on the go.
Pros
Dress up days
Cons
Book Reports
Horrible place to work!
Billing Department (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 29, 2016
I have absolutely nothing good to say about working there. They treat people horrible. The billing department and boss is a joke. She gossips about employees, degrades them, and literally is the poorest excuse for a boss i have ever seen.
Pros
Only pro for me was walking out
The. Worst. Company.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 11, 2016
They give you some bull about family and a happy work environment, it works for like a day until you see through the lies. They have the worst management I've ever seen, they say they care about their employees but it doesn't show AT ALL. Too much responsibility, not enough pay, hours switched randomly, sunday meetings that are pointless, everyone gossips.. they are nice to your face, lie and get you fired behind your back. You will never grow in this job, there's no room to move up or gain better pay.. they cannot keep employees to save their lives because they are that horrible at running a business and do not know how to treat people let alone their employees. I have some of my worst memories working here.. i could go on and on, please save your self the trouble, it's not worth it, DO NOT APPLY, I repeat DO NOT APPLY, maybe one more time.. DON'T DO IT.
Pros
None.
Cons
The whole place is a con
Good work place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 8, 2016
Good place of business. I loved my co workers along with management. This company has recently closed down but will be reopening in Aug of 2016.
Productive, Fun, Family Oriented
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  1460 E. Bert Kouns Suite 700 Shreveport, La 71105February 26, 2016
I have learned how to multitask better, work at a faster pace. There was no job at Healthcare Express that I could not handle. Our staff was amazing. We all got along so well.
Pros
off days, 12hr shifts
Cons
no lunch break
Healthcare Express is a great place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 19, 2016
I have enjoyed my time working at here. They provide a positive work environment and focus on self improvement. The best part of working for them has been the time that I spend with the patients. The hardest part has been leaving to pursue my dream of working as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 21, 2015
HealthCARE Express gave me my first coding job and I am thankful for that. I enjoyed the people I worked with but enjoying working from home.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Pay
Easy going work place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKApril 15, 2015
Great owners and great easy going work place. long hours but they aren't too terrible. Friendly coworkers.
You can easily take your lunch and snacks.
very stressful enviroment
Receptionist, Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMarch 26, 2015
Many responsibility for one person, gossip, management was often no where to be found. often changing hours and responsibilities.