Healthcare Services Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,467 reviews matching the search See all 1,475 reviews
Horrible place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Trinity, FLSeptember 23, 2018
I would never recommend this place for anyone. This company does not care about their employees they pay minimum wage when they should be getting at least 10 to $11 an hour for all the work that they do. The manager at Trinity Regional Rehab Center is horrible she treats her employees like little kids and yells at them and treats them like they're stupid. She's even called her employees stupid to their face and makes fun of them around other management. She also favors people who suck up to her.
Nothing Positive
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXSeptember 22, 2018
Other than ease of hire, there is nothing worth mentioning about this company. The training was pencil whipped through. Employee wages were lower than surrounding companies and not competitive to keep skilled workers.
Pros
The company is going through changes.
Senior District Manager (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PASeptember 21, 2018
Unfortunately the company is losing accounts and cutting staff. This causes the management to have to spread a larger workload on less district managers.
Working for a contract company for the first time stressful
Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLSeptember 21, 2018
I had been on my job for so long until I got "comfortable" with my work environment- actually loved it! Then one day reality set in and the department I worked for went contract-such an eye opener and very stressful!
I really like work
Floor Technician/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 20, 2018
It’s understaff at times so the staff that are there is required to do more work instead of just hiring the right amount of staff so that the work can get done quickly & efficiently
Pros
Non
Cons
Short breaks
Easy to get job that's hard work, for low pay and a 30 year wait for full time with no benefits or pension.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVSeptember 19, 2018
If you need a job right away, then apply. They will hire with you with no problem. They offer a decent amount of hours but getting a full time position will require someone else to retire. Basically a 25-30 year wait because everyone works until their late 60's and they only have a few full time positions. There are no pension or health benefits offered to part timers. They pay minimum wage for the area and we're paid bi-weekly. The pay doesn't match the work load. Many of the workers have ailments like neck and back issues from working in the kitchen. The tray line and equipment is outdated and makes the job harder. The kitchen works short staffed to save labor. Only four workers per shift when it should be six, so everyone does the work of two people. Everyone works in the dish room and tray line and you have a limited time to prep the food items for each meal. Everything is prepped from scratch, juices and desserts are poured and plated individually for every meal to save money & its very time consuming. The patients are allowed to request special items like special sandwiches and coffee while the tray line is running and while food is being prepped for the tray line. The interruptions slow down work and cause stress to get the trucks out on time. Most of the time we punch out for break but continue working to meet time deadlines. There's no way we can complete all our tasks and take a break. The job would be less stressful if the company didn't try to cut corners. The working conditions are terrible but would be better if the department wasn't so short staffed. They can't  more... keep people because anyone with options will not stay.  less
Pros
Easy job to get, dept head is easy going.
Cons
Hard work, low pay, no breaks, no advancement, no benefits, no pension
dont work for them
Louisiana- District Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 19, 2018
if you want to waste time of your life get a job here.
Then when you move on no one will be interested in you

Microsoft and Apple programs- budget controls, inventories, scheduling, profit and loss statements,
Positive people management- hiring, training, mentoring, coaching and counseling, hospital and
senior centers environmental services-housekeeping, floor work and laundry and use of all
machines required. Focus in internal and external customer services.
Terrible
Housekeeping, Janitor, and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CASeptember 18, 2018
This is a terrible company to work for, they do not care about their workers, i worked for 2 years and did not get one raise while working. the managment is horrible, half the time they do not know how to manage their employees. I was harassed by my manager and co worker while working. i was yelled at in front of everyone and accused of not doing my job almost on a daily basis while other workers were favored.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Get to talk to residents
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MESeptember 17, 2018
My typical day is doing all hallways first , then moving on to vacuum carpets . Sweep stairs and mop. Three days a week I pick a floor to strip and wax witch takes all day because it need six layers of wax. The hardest part is when I have to scrape the edges of floor . When the day is Said and done it looks bran new again ! Good management comes and goes. I had to learn to fit everything in a manageable time frame.
Pros
Getting compliments
Cons
No raises
Culinary staff
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PASeptember 17, 2018
A typical day of working at the Oregon Veterans Home of Lebanon through Health Care Services Group though high pass it is very rewarding to help the men and women that have served our country. The dietary team strives to improve the veterans daily lives through the culinary delites that we serve.
Pros
Good Teamwork and low stress
Cons
No meals provided
Good job but can't trust your District manager because they lie.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sikeston,MissouriSeptember 15, 2018
Hired on as Account manager. But company did not pay my mileage for 3 months of training driving over 100 miles a day. Sad they call themselves Professionals. No ethics or professionalism.
Pros
Enjoyed job...
Cons
lack of confidence in management.
Not a good place to work low pay
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VASeptember 13, 2018
I hate it. Worst company to work for. Cant advance in job.
Won't work with you on Scheduled..
No raises in the past 6 years ive been there would not recommend working for them!!!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay
I'm an account manager
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseburg OregonSeptember 13, 2018
I absolutely love my job!!! I have about 8 employees! I started out as an oc employee and made it up to the account manager! Planning on moving up more ! Love love love my job
Pros
Working with residents
Cons
Clowns to the left; jokers to the right
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 12, 2018
I should've known better. I should've taken the reviews that were already in place, and listened to those who came before me.

Training - you literally spend your entire training period behind a housekeeping cart. You are a band-aid for the training manager's staffing issues. You learn very little when it comes to company policies and procedures until you get out of training and have to figure it out on your own.

Day-to-day - You could end up in a building that is fairly manageable, or you could end up in a nightmare. I started in a nightmare. It was a dirty building, where the previous manager was worthless. I inherited major staffing issues. But be warned. You are NOT allowed to work any hourly employees overtime for any reason. If you have a hole in the schedule, you'd better plan on filling it yourself. If there are days that you can get out early, take advantage of it, because there will be plenty of days where you are there long past dinner time and you've walked in the door at 6AM. We don't pay our hourly employees a livable wage. Most buildings start between $7.25 and $7.50, so you get a ton of people that can't pass a background check, or people that can only work a few hours here and there so they don't mess up their food stamps, welfare, etc. It is a constant revolving door. Issues are never handled by upper management. They don't respond to emails, texts, calls, etc. in a very timely manner. Orders "disappear." Most administrators I've encountered throughout my time with HCSG absolutely hated the company.

Overall - The benefits are
  more... awful. You don't get PTO until you've been with the company for a year. The insurance is expensive, yet not very inclusive. You have to work two overnight projects a month. Good luck doing that when you have staffing issues. You end up working a day and a half straight without sleep. Unless you have ZERO options, stay far far away from this company. Oh, and they pay their managers lousy wages too!  less
Pros
Hey, it's a paycheck
Cons
Every single thing
Cheap company that is all about the bottom line and cares nothing of it's employees well being
Cook (Current Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 12, 2018
This company bid substantially lower than any other for contract. And they are able to do this by cutting hours and manpower. People have to work 6 day weeks to get 30 hours. My hours got cut from 8 hours to 5 and an increased work load. I used to work with 2 dietary aides now I have 1. The kitchen manager started a few months after this cheap company took over last fall and she has to help do dishes daily because it can't get done otherwise. Simply more work than the staff can handle in the shortened hours we are given. We had a good cohesive work environment before this company took over. Now everyone is stressed and unhappy. We were warned by housekeeping that this company would cut hours and manpower and didn't care about their employees and boy were they right. It's a horrible company w/ low pay no raise lose vaca pay, overworked I have nothing good to say about this stingy hollow soulless company I could go on but will stop here. Do not take a job w/ this shallow company. They do not care.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No time to eat your free lunch. No time for breaks. Low pay, no raise. Bad hours. Overworked. Unappreciated. Etc..
Fun work place
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FLSeptember 11, 2018
It's a great company to work for, they are very understanding and allow you to learn and train along side the manager. They give you time to learn then job and are always there when you need questions answered
Poor training, but good entry level position
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MISeptember 10, 2018
Starting off the training here was terrible. Expected to work and be proficient on your own most of the time, training consisted of manager showing how to do tasks, but weren't in any sort of order. Left alone most of the first day without any tips on the routine of the hall. Most help came from the advice of other housekeepers during break times. Manager went over work in an unequal way, sometimes over criticizing one while letting crazy things slide with others. After getting the hang of it, the work was okay. Everyday was a routine that you didn't deviate much from, very stable once you worked out how to work around the residents and other staff. Ending of taking a CNA position in the facility because there was just no way to move up under the housekeeping staff.
Pros
Same routine everyday, working alone
Cons
Poor training and management
Not a great company to work for low pay without benefits
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LASeptember 10, 2018
This company does not offer any pay raise, vacation nor any benefits no overtime and this is a awful company the most I like about this job is knowing that the residents rooms are clean and they're are happy with the services
Pros
Cons
Its a job
Full of confusion
Head of laundry (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 10, 2018
My experience with the company is one I would not wish on anyone. The supervisor is very rude. She does not speak to you in the manner that a supervisor would speak, to anyone.
na
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 9, 2018
job was good but the pay could have been better. built relationships with residents at the facilities i worked. the company just have to find the way to pay upper management an acceptable salary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight