Healthcare Services Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,611 reviews matching the search See all 1,621 reviews
Nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 16, 2019
I worked with alot of great hard working people. This is a friendly environment to work in with out drama and gossip. They have different hours available day and some evening shifts. I worked some holidays and weekends.
Should have a Union
Crew Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXJanuary 16, 2019
they did not want to hire no one for management positions they wanted to bring in outsiders.....as a full time employee I was making min wage working 6 hours so not much money no pay raises no vacation time because when it was time they kept changing the policy on when you will be eligible to get it......we only got 2 paid holidays and that was if you were full time we did not get a bonus....basically we got nothing......cut hours we however did get and a lot of people were quitting and getting fired I feel this company does not care about the lower level of employees
Pros
its a job
Cons
company does not care about any thing
High expectation from hourly employees but horrible pay
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 16, 2019
I enjoyed the type of work from the company. It paid me well as a manager. My manager did well with keeping the supplies needed to run the building. Company as a whole don't seem to care about hourly staff.
Don't recommend working for hcsg
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDJanuary 16, 2019
Corporate keeps cutting our hours. They also keep changing the rules were it doesn't benefit anyone and the residents that live there are the ones that are going to suffer.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Hours and pay
Shady, dishonest, couldn't care less
Cook (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 15, 2019
The only thing that makes working for this company tolerable is our in kitchen manager. She has been in this kitchen 30+ years and does everything to keep this company and it's shady practices from effecting her staff.
Health Care services is every bad review you've read and so much more.
My advice to anyone looking for a job pass this company by and if your thinking about one with them .... Just Don't!
dietary aide
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Cherryville, NCJanuary 15, 2019
i would never reccommend anyone to work for this company they are back stabbers and will do anything to get you fired and they only favor two people working there, and the manager is no good he dont know how to do his job. it was a horrible work experience and the pay sucked they gave everyone raises but me and i was better then they was anyday. but since they are the favorite they got whatever they want.
Very poor upper management
Food & Nutrition Director (Current Employee) –  IowaJanuary 14, 2019
HCSG pays fairly well. They promise things that NEVER come to pass!!! Upper management does NOT give any training to their account managers and No added support! You are promised HOLIDAYS and weekends off (with some exceptions), and end up working 10 to 14 days without a day off. Most days are 10 to 14 hour days. Salaried employees are over worked!! Very sad that coorporations like this treat their people as just a Number!!
Not for Entry Level Dietitians
District Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2019
Must be well organized, able to juggle multiple facilities, manage time accordingly, work with many different levels of staff/personalities, cater to administrators.
Some of the residents are nice, and funny sometimes they keep your laughing
Housekeeper/laundry (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 12, 2019
Some of the residents are nice, and funny sometimes they keep your laughing, sometimes the CNA’s have attitude and half wanna do there jobs, but overall healthcare Services is an okay place to work
Pros
3 hours added to holiday pay
Cons
Favoritisms
Busy place to work., long work hours.
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington Valley, NVJanuary 12, 2019
At times I found myself doing some of the work after hours due to company not giving associates overtime. The night person only worked for five hours a shift, so the Executive Housekeeper did a lot of floor work and wheelchair cleaning.
Pros
Cons
Long days
Beware of this company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 12, 2019
This is the worst company i've ever worked for. Was promoted to assistant manager and never got a raise,after 5 months finally got told I would get a raise to 13 a hour as of November 1 it is now January 12 and after having to complain for weeks I finally got a raise,not to 13 as promised but only a dollar,then I didnt get my overtime or holiday pay, they refuse to hire anyone so we have to work a shift with only 2 people every night. The management team is horrible They want you to work 60 plus hours but refuse to pay you for it. When they do the orders they never order what is needed for the week. The place I've been transferred to is dirty and nasty. They wont even order a mop so I can mop the floors. I got told to just throw water on it and sweep it with a broom. I have turned in my direct deposit info 9 times and still dont have direct deposit. This company has no clue how to run a business,how to order stock, how to do payroll. They are by far the WORST COMPANY I'VE EVER WORKED FOR do not apply for any of the places they run.
Housekeeping \ Laundry
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIJanuary 12, 2019
I would never recommend no one to work for Health Care Service. They never keep their word when It comes to a raised or using your vacation times . They work you hard for very little pay and the manager treats employees so bad and some are very rude as well. I work for Health Care Service for 1 yr and 3 month and we had about 6 differrent managers.
Pros
Love working with resident
Cons
Not enough pay
Residents
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 12, 2019
The residents were nice and respect full i was only working 32hrs job was very very easy there was some days where you just want to pull your hair out
productive,fast paced,challenging,rewarding.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 11, 2019
as a current employee of hsg,my days are very eventful and stressful at times,but the job is what you make of it.my dm is very supportive at all times,my staff are amazing at their jobs,which does make mine a lot easier as an account manager.everyday is different,which i love,and i enjoy my time with residents and their families.it is sink or swim at times,but isnt every job?the job is what you make of it,if youre expecting a handout keep looking,its not from hsg.i love my job and i would any amount of anything to provide for my family.
Pros
meeting new people, and our residents
Cons
sometimes long hours are required
If I could give this company zero stars, I would without hesitation.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLJanuary 10, 2019
A typical day at this location consisted of constantly being confused of that is expected at the end of the day. The way tasks were to be completed changed weekly, if not daily. Also, the environment is constantly hot, because the air conditioning quit working months before being employed at the location. The supervisors at all levels lack the proper characteristics needed to be strong and motivational leaders. The individuals in charge of hiring new employees lied about what the base pay was without disclosing it changes depending on the location of the facility. Also, the company is very lenient on hiring individuals with criminal backgrounds and doesn't conduct drug tests. Overall, the experience was a waste of time and effort. The is could go on, but frankly I don't feel like wasting any more time discussing a company that doesn't invest in their employees and facility. Good luck to those future or current employees to this organization.
Pros
No drug testing, having a criminal background is hireable.
Cons
Everything.
Lazy boss poor mangement
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Soldiers Grove, WIJanuary 9, 2019
Lazy boss. Was called a liar. You think your a great at what u do now wait til u learn floor care. Nurses were nice. Liked the residents. Like what I did. Never been so humiliated by any boss I have had inthe 6 years in health care in my cleaning jobs.
Pros
NOne
Perfect place to work
General practitioner/Emergency (Current Employee) –  Caguas, PRJanuary 8, 2019
Excellent place to work and obtain experience. The most importan thing ; the owner pays on time. The work environment is perfect. You work is perfect and I lear everyday,
Cons
Productive, and quick paced place of employment.
Epic health services (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 8, 2019
This place of employment shows the meaning of working together, they are great at time management as well as training an Individual to succeed in their work.
Pros
Enough lunch time
Promises never kept
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJanuary 8, 2019
Do not work for them! They promise money they cannot pay. Work on days off and 24/7 on call. They do not appreciate your hard work and dedication. They do not care about their employees.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Extremely hard work with very little pay and definitely not what they promised to pay.
Great Place to Work
Director Of Housekeeping & Laundry (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 8, 2019
Great Place to work. The company is wonderful and I love being able to make sure my residents are completely happy. WOuld recommend anyone to work here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight