Healthcare Services Group Employee Reviews

The worst job ever
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 22, 2018
This company wants to pay it employees minimum wage and ask them to get on their knees and scrub baseboards, This company never promotes or even offer the opportunity for promotion to account managers, instead they hire outside, bring someone in with no experience and ask the account manager to train them. This job two days after the great flood instructed all managers to call employees to see when they were coming back to work, didn't ask if they were okay or living. the list goes on.....
Disorganized, too much hand holding
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 22, 2018
This company is great starter management position. But if you are an experienced Manager and know how to involve your employees in investing in their work...the lack of incentives and creating upward mobility from within is seriously lacking in this company.
review
Certified Dietary Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 21, 2018
I like this company it is contracted. I am my own boss. being contracted stability can be difficult due to changes in the business world which we live in today.Where will be the next location after this one is the question.
Pros
own boss
Cons
contracted
the hardest part of the job.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXMay 21, 2018
the hardest part of the job was the pay. it was hard to move up; and or advance they don't allow overtime. but on the positive they have health care benefits
You are married to your job!!! Period
Account Manager I (Current Employee) –  IndianaMay 20, 2018
As an AM, you have to work your regular 40 hours a week, then by my DM, I am asked to work also on Friday nights, after the day shift i do is done is stripping and waxing a floor that night. Management alone would take up your 40 hours, but I am floor tech, M-F, auto scrubbing, burnishing and 3 days a week I have to clear all furniture out to strip and wax a room, and find help to bring the furniture back in. I'm a 40 year old woman and I've always had physical factory work. That is why I took this position from being a Housekeeper, Laundry Aid, and Floor tech. I thought I would finally get a break from all the labor. My god I was wrong. I always have call ins, therefore is our job to replace for the day, making us behind on managemnet. I hire, fire, have so many deadlines, on in services for me and my 11 employees, I do all the ordering for paper and plastic, chemical, and Lau dry detergent. I do payroll for payroll (sad) I go to meetings, I do all the scheduling, QCI inspections, keep binders updated, conference calls, I am always paged every 10 mins it seems, I have an old building all tile so my work is extreme! I have to take my chrome book and papers home at night to be in compliance and we have to make clock in and out changes if wrong and maybe about 35 more things daily unloading and stocking of product and I give 100 free hours to this company a month which makes me sick!! Im about to put my foot down. I miss my family and I work most weekends too. 7 days a week in on call. This job would even be too much for a unmarried guy without children. Being salary and  more... doing hourly positions, seems a bit against the law.. hmmm  less
Pros
I love the seniors and the staff
Cons
Hours, Job in general!
Horrible
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMay 20, 2018
Dont work there, management is rude, work you to death, they dont care at all for employees, if you want to be unhappy and stressed all the time,this is the job for you
Pros
Cons
The job
Ugh
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Torrington, WYMay 19, 2018
Only decent benefits are dental and vision.
My bosses boss doesn’t even show up to do monthly inspections and docks us points on things we don’t have.
I have to look for a second job because I can’t even afford rent and I’m full time there!
Pros
I love the residents
Cons
Not enough pay for the work we have to do
Busy place
Aide (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, VAMay 18, 2018
Cooking, preparing residents meals according to diet plans can be stressful. It is a lot to take in but once you've got the hang of it, it is a great and joyful place
tolerable job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMay 16, 2018
Healthcare services group gave me many skills that I have used to advance in other job opportunities. The stress level was high. The pay was tolerable.
Pros
I could take time during the day for appointments
Cons
I ended up working long hours
ok place
Housekeeping/Floor Tech (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 15, 2018
typical work day 7am to 3pm
can be very stressful. you get very attached to residents and then they pass away. most enjoyable was getting to see the smile on there faces.
Micro Manager
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  PNWMay 15, 2018
Micro Managed and not realistic goals. Most of the employees are great to work with. Would recommend the CEO get out of the office see what is really going on in his biz, instead of leasing to the pencil pushers
Pros
wage
Cons
Micro Manager
Awesome job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 15, 2018
In the housekeeping position, I worked at my own pace, the patients in the facility we're friendly and helpful. Co workers are just as nice and working isn't hard at all. Its a perfect everyday job.
Horrible Company
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  North Royalton, OHMay 14, 2018
If your children are starving, and you're out on the streets, then apply. Otherwise go elsewhere. You will not be paid fairly, or treated fairly. The make sure not to give you 40 hours so that you don't get a paid vacation. The manager is switched out every few months. I wasn't there that long, not even a year and they had changed managers 3 times while I was there and each time I had to prove myself. The others that worked there that was to getting away with doing nothing, but were praised.
Pros
The place itself that I worked at was great, but that has nothing to do with this campony.
My Day a work
Supervisor For Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMay 11, 2018
I was a housekeeping supervisor,as the day started I would go into the facility and make sure everything went alright over night ,then I would go to my office check my messages to see if I had any call offs.Being a housekeeping supervisor was a good experience,I learned how to strip and was floors I learned how to buff the carpets.The hardest part of the job was getting up in the middle of the night and going to the facility for a toilet overflow you don't just go for the over flow you would have to redo the carpet before morning'but most of all it was a good learning experience and I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
a lot of interact activities with the employees and patients
Cons
short breaks where very seldom
Productic
Housekeeper Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 11, 2018
This company doesn’t care about their employees! They don’t pay you well for the work you do, getting raises is like pulling teeth and after sticking with the company when they were short they cut hours. They go through supervisors left and right and don’t show any appreciation to the staff they have. Won’t be going back to that company !
Pros
Residents are sweet and coworker was awesome to work with
Cons
Company sucks, pay sucks for the amount of work
Horrible
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  IowaMay 11, 2018
Worked for this company for six weeks I left a comfortable job with the promise I would not be putting in 120 or more hours per pay period. As I did at my previous job I was hired as the account manager my first 2 weeks of working there was 2 weeks straight without a day off I had very litte training if you could call it training .I have never worked for a company this disorganized and dysfunctional..dont leave a job for this company it's nothing but empty promises and lies
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
account managers underapprecited by upper management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEMay 11, 2018
many times overtime hours were expected and with no compensation. hardest aspect of job was finding consistently good working staff members. upper management was inconsistent with expectations and at times made decisions to complicate the work environment. was reluctant to satisfy vacation hours for manangement.
HCSG is a fair place to work at.
Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NCMay 10, 2018
If Administrator wants something done, you have to immediately do it right then and there. Managed the entire kitchen. Did the schedule and all the food ordering.
Pros
Get to have every weekend off.
Cons
It was a very disorganized facility
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2018
The management was very laid paid and did not provide adequate resources to improve the department. Employees were paid much less than they deserve. There was a lot of work and less people.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXMay 9, 2018
A typical day at work is clock in at 8 am stock your cart by getting the things you need for the day such as mop heads, toilet paper, paper towels and trash bags. The get your day started by doing dining room and after dining room go ahead and start your rooms do your daily deep cleans.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Getting called over the intercom constantly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.7

1.7Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight