Healthcare Services Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,541 reviews matching the search See all 1,551 reviews
Account Manager
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2018
The positive side of things, you get great management experience. This job is made for a recent college graduate who needs management experience or someone who just has a high school diploma and is looking to make a career out of this. I wouldn’t look much towards advancement because they only promote their favorites or go outside the company and get individuals that never even last in the position. You are very underpaid and over worked, no matter what systems they tell you to run or have in place. They pay so low barely above minimum wage or hourly employees. People are always resigning because they can’t afford to live off the pay. As for managers, you’ll find yourself in a slump. You are underpaid and required to do HR duties, payroll, hiring, and work the floor in housekeeping, laundry, and floortech. You’ll end up dedicating tons of weekends working with no help. DM’s don’t care they get all the benefits better pay and good insurance. Account manager level sucks. Get your experience and move on.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Everything else
Disorganized & dangerous
Production Manager / Cook (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 15, 2018
This company is a mess, they get contracts because they bid low and leave the facilities that hire them in a much worse position then when they came in. They're snake oil salesman. I can't count the number of bosses that I had while working there, it was a revolving door because nobody of worth will continue working there for this company once they see how things operate.
Pros
it paid money
Cons
everything
District Manager hinders local managers
Cook/Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Hayesville, NCNovember 15, 2018
Even with the best Dietary Manager in the facility, things went south. The district manager was too focused on budget and getting "warm bodies" into the facility. This did not enable the manager at the facility to do his job and help us have a good working environment.
An Ok experience
Cook (Current Employee) –  Warren County, NJNovember 14, 2018
The typical workday is predictable for this sector of the foodservice industry. There are relatively few changes in the routine but there are the usual bumps in the road--pay, erratic scheduling, and no upward mobility. But it will pay the bills.
Lip Service
District Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 14, 2018
Due to poor reviews on boards like these, there was a recent "culture" change. In my area of the organization, it is only paid lip service. People are not promoted based on qualifications but on if they are liked and cow tow to our DVP. It is only bearable to work here if your direct supervisor is good.
Average Workplace
Operations Specialist/Dining/CDM (Current Employee) –  Cheswick, PANovember 14, 2018
Average work environment. Management does their best with what they have to work with. Very fair with paid time off. Benefits were poor quality for the money.
Good Company, Better if Paid more
Laundry Aide (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, IDNovember 13, 2018
overall it's a good company to work for. Pay isn't great. Boss pitches in when she can and is pretty flexible of our hours and prior commitments. Its not so bad when we are fully staffed but can be stressful when we are understaffed.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Salary
No fun at all.
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CANovember 12, 2018
The pay period is only 12or13 days you get maybe 10or11 day paychecks.we were working 8hrs.- a half hour so it came out to 7 and ahalf hrs. Then they took another 1/2 hour away from us and now we only work 7 hours, and they want us to do extra work. No
Pros
None.
poor company
Cook Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSNovember 12, 2018
nothing really to say cant find help the company has to many projects going on and not caring about the employees they have and family they have all and all its ok
A loving and Caring Long term Care facility
Housekeeper/Laundry (Current Employee) –  Clinton, KYNovember 12, 2018
The Nurses and CNA’s are very determined and hard working and are willing to do their best by taking care of the patients. The Housekeepers keep the building looking very nice and clean.
November 13, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! We’re excited to learn about your positive experiences at HCSG!

Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 10, 2018
I see a lot of negative thoughts here, but let’s be fair. It all starts with your management skills. Good management means a happy team. I’ve been working here 5 years now and yes at times it can be stressful. I have 16 great people working with me and wouldn’t trade them for the world. Most have worked for me before. They make just over minimum wage and They hardly ever call out nor late. Most times if I have any issues my DM is there to help me out. Yes hours have been cut for most but you make changes and move on or take up the slack. My team is my team. We make decisions together on how to make things work more productivity in our building. If they feel part of a team you get more from them.
Cons
No pay raises
November 13, 2018

We’re happy to hear that you’re happy! Thank you for your positive feedback!

Fun people to work with.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MINovember 8, 2018
Fun people to work with. Makes lots of friends with coworkers and the residents. Lots of responsibilities that come with the job. Can work on hiring more people.
Day at Work
Enviornmental Services Director (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PANovember 8, 2018
The typical day at work began making rounds fixing any concerns I see throughout the facility. Attending morning meeting discussing what projects or routine I was going to accomplish for the day. Next thing I would communicate with staff on their deep clean schedule and follow up after being completed.Start any buffing or refinishing project scheduled for the day. After projects completed room inspections occurred and any concerns fixed immediately. Finally any and all paperwork including scheduling , payroll and documentation of daily records completed by end of work day. After working 19 years in skilled nursing homes as a housekeeping supervisor I probably learned what it takes and how to maintain a clean environment throughout the facility. The hardest part of job was the weekend . Not knowing if staff would call off and going in to fill routine if no others were available. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely interacting with the residents and staff members .
Not bad, but it could be better
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2018
Ok, I have worked with HCSG for a little bit now and I can see why people might leave a bad review. However as a account manager I can tell you that my experience here hasn't been that bad. They leave me alone and I do my work. Just like any job there are good and bad days, so far the good days out weigh the bad. I do wish I made more money along with my staff, but my family is eating and we are healthy. The opportunity for advancement feels impossible, but I will keep trying.
Pros
its a job and its not that bad
Cons
pay, benefits
Good Experience
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Sequim, WANovember 7, 2018
Just to start off I must say the background check from this company takes forever! From a week to a month! It's not like we're working for the government or something. Aside from that it was a nice place to work,at least at the facility I was at. The management was cool,the flexibility was good. The only downsides were it was hard to get 40 hours and the salary was a bit hard to survive on. Other than that the work was not hard comparitively. Some coworkers could be a little nitpicky,but that's most places I think.
Pros
Flexibility, management, good environment.
Cons
Salary, hours.
November 13, 2018

We are so thrilled to hear about your optimistic feedback on HCSG! We hope you continue to thrive with us!

Lack of support leads to disaffected attitudes
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  MNNovember 6, 2018
The biggest issue from my perspective is retention. The wages are kept low enough the staff that is on site, from front line to managers, feel insulted by how much of their time they're asked to give compared to what the company is willing to compensate. From my perspective this lead to a culture where people were compelled to only do the bare minimum of what's required until they eventually leave for companies that pay people what they're worth.
work in progress
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 6, 2018
been a while since I worked but when I was employed there were several good people to work around but not support or structure from the management team. made it difficult to enjoy what you want to do.
November 13, 2018

Thank you for the time you took to leave your feedback. We carefully consider all comments in our ongoing commitment to provide a fantastic work environment. If you have any additional thoughts, please contact our HR department at 800-363-4274.

Employees not valued
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Redding, CANovember 6, 2018
They were constantly reducing our working hours so we were unable to be full time. Therefore unable to get full time benefits like paid vacations but they never reduced any of the workload. I worked there about 10 years and only got a $ .25 raise the whole time. Where I worked there was no room for advancement it was a dead end job!
November 13, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts on our Indeed page. We thoroughly contemplate all feedback in our ongoing effort to establish a great workplace for all employees. If you have any additional concerns, feel free to call a HR associate at 800-363-4274.

Great
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DENovember 6, 2018
This is just like a awesome laid back place of employmen.i love the residents and everything about the staff the people I worked with I was surrounded by just everything.onky bad thing is the pay is low and hours are super super long as a team player I wouldn't feel right leaving so scheduled hours can turn Into long days quickly
It’s the worst job
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 5, 2018
This is job is to stressful and pay you a little bit amount of money just for working every weekend start working at 5am and 10pm that’s too many work
November 13, 2018

Thanks for leaving us your opinion. We carefully consider all reviews in our ongoing effort to provide a nurturing work environment for all employees. If you have additional comments, please call our HR department at 800-363-4274.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight