Healthcare Services Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,694 reviews matching the search See all 1,709 reviews
Dont let them low ball you.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 20, 2019
This company will try to pay the least as possible. Be aware they will pay competitively for qualified talent. This includes new hires and promotions.
Pros
When properly staffed. A great work/life balance.
Cons
Lots of underpaid staff.
Pleasent residents
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMarch 20, 2019
If housekeeping can be fun, then you would enjoy working with this company. If you are lucky enough to work in a retirement community, You come to love and attached to your residents. Very active and time controlled job.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Salary and Benefits
It really depents on the location
Environmental Services account manager (Former Employee) –  WVMarch 19, 2019
Health care service group as a whole leaves you to getting your job done.
However the location administrator can make or brake it.
Your staff Is underpaid and it's hard to attract a good work force.
The hours aren't bad. Its hoping you have the staff that will show up to do there job on your days off. If not you will be on the phone trying to find coverage or working it yourself
Cons
You cant afford the provided insurance
Productive work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 19, 2019
There were alot of nice moments it wasn't a stressful environment but at times there was disagreements just like any other job it was welcoming the positivity that you put into the jobs is what you'll get back
Pros
The security of having an income
Cons
Its nice, if you enjoy no life and less than pay
Cook/Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  PocatelloMarch 18, 2019
I've worked for this company for a while, no overtime allowed. HIGH turn over rate. Not much advancement. They expect you to bend over backwards for them.
Pros
Free food. You meet nice people
Cons
Alot
March 19, 2019

Thank you for the time you took to leave us your opinion. We thoroughly consider all feedback in our ongoing commitment to provide a fantastic work environment. If you have any additional advice on how we can improve, please contact our HR department at 800-363-4274.

poor management
Account Manger (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 18, 2019
Overall the only things I really didn't like was the pay rate for the huge amount of work you have to do and all the upper management are very unfair and really could care less about you. all they care about is client relations.
Just horrible
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 17, 2019
I was treated like trash and the mangers did nothing. We were so short staff and they refused to hire more people overtime was not allowed. Cna and nurses treated you badly and expect you to do their jobs. DO NOT WORK HERE EVER.
Pros
1 hr lunchs
Cons
Everything else
March 18, 2019

As a company that is committed to our employees’ fulfillment, your opinion matters to us. If you have additional feedback, contact our HR department at 800-363-4274.

March 19, 2019

Thank you for leaving us your experience at HCSG. We carefully consider all reviews in our ongoing effort to provide a nurturing work environment for all associates. If you have additional comments, please call our HR department at 800-363-4274.

Fast paced work environment
Environmental Services Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 16, 2019
Healthcare Services Group is a company in the hospitality industry; specifically in nursing homes. In some nursing homes, Healthcare Services Group presides over dietary, housekeeping and laundry departments. In such cases, there are two managers...one manager oversees dietary department, while another manager oversees housekeeping and laundry departments.
Pros
Great place to gain management experience.
Cons
No assistants to help out.
March 18, 2019

HCSG is dedicated to offering a positive work environment to all employees. We’re excited we’ve hit the mark! Thanks for the feedback!

Stressful
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Ellensburg, WAMarch 15, 2019
When working for HCSG I was under alot of pressure. There was conflict with other staff and when reported to management nothing would be done. There was little to no flexibility with with schedules.
Pros
Cons
Stressful
March 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your opinion on our Indeed site. We want to offer a valuable work environment for every associate, so your comments are valuable. If you have further ideas on how HCSG can improve, please contact our HR team at 800-363-4274.

Health care services is a great place to learn new opportunities and a good place to work.
Manger (Current Employee) –  134 6th st ,Cochran,Ga31014March 14, 2019
Its a great place to work at. You have a lot of opportunities to grow and learn new things. I learn how to motivate every employee so they can have self confidence and good energy to work as a team.
March 18, 2019

Thank you so much! We’re excited to know we’ve provided an excellent workplace for you!

review
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cape Elizabeth, MEMarch 14, 2019
Cleaning rooms daily for residents was the run of the day. Management was not helpful and would push additional work onto staff without proper timing to get tasks done.
The most negative, inept group of people I've ever met.
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 13, 2019
I recently enrolled in the Manager in Training program and it was a nightmare. The 'training facility' was 65 miles from my house, which I could handle since it was supposed to be temporary (8 weeks) and I would learn everything about the job. After 4 weeks, 1 of being sent home because the managers failed to tell me I needed a drug test, I hadn't learned anything except the sad, personal lives of the co-workers. I have never encountered a more negative group of people who complained about literally everything. We were supposed to be following a training checklist, but no one could figure out how to get me access for the ServSafe exam, which is supposed to be completed week one. At the end of week 4, I finally got access. But when the district manager said that I wouldn't be paid for my ServSafe training time, (10+ hours) I had reached my boiling point. I had sat there doing nothing for over 3 weeks, and now that I finally had something to do, I wouldn't be paid for the that time, despite it being on the checklist. I walked out and no one tried to stop me since their turnover is extremely high and they are used to it. I really wanted this position to work out, and I was shocked at how unorganized they were despite being a nationwide company.
Pros
Cons
Lack of training, poor management, negative atmosphere
Experience in Management and Management skills
Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  Palmyra, TNMarch 12, 2019
This position offered me Management experience, taught me time management, importance to the small details, and many other skills that would further me in my career.
March 18, 2019

Thanks for leaving us your thoughts. As a company committed to providing a supportive atmosphere to all employees, your opinion matters.

Great place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXMarch 12, 2019
My experience was very nice. Great staff and residents. My time with the company at the facility I was at, I became part of a family. It's like no other place I've ever worked.
March 18, 2019

We’re thrilled to hear about your positive experiences at HCSG! Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

Enjoyable workplace
Environmental Services Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 12, 2019
Healthcare Services Group has a great management team. It can sometimes be challenging with the amount of turnover in certain positions, but overall a very positive work environment.
Pros
Great Management Team
Cons
Turnover
March 18, 2019

Thanks for the incredible review! We’re so happy to hear you enjoy working here!

Horrible bunch of people to work for.
Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  South DakotaMarch 12, 2019
As a company they are horrible. Bad upper management. I could go on but why? Thru font care. They will just hiher and higher and higher then turn and burn.
Pros
Getting let go
Cons
Working for thie difunctional company
March 18, 2019

Your feedback is valuable for us in order to create a great atmosphere for all of our associates. If you have additional ideas on how HCSG can improve, please contact a HR representative at 800-363-4274.

This company allows you to grow!!!!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  MaineMarch 11, 2019
With any position in a company, it's what you give that determines how happy you are there. If you choose to only give 50% of yourself then you will struggle and be looking for work soon enough! If you come to work positive and give 100% to your teammates and the residents you will have a rewarding and successful day. The benefit in it all is that Healthcare Services gives those looking to invest in the company and in themselves a chance at a successful career. In every facility I have been in here in Maine I have seen many positives and happy residents. So don't let one bad review stop you from applying today! You won't regret it!
March 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your amazing review. We really enjoyed learning about your positive experience at HCSG!

full time to casual
Cook/Cooks aid (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 11, 2019
Cut nine hours a day in labor which caused myself & others to go from full time to casual without much notice.
No more bonuses. No raises. More work in less time. Good buy job.
Pros
You could eat some leftover food.
Cons
Hours cut. No more bonuses. No raises. More work in less time.
March 18, 2019

Thank you for leaving your opinion about your experience on our Indeed page. We take all comments into consideration in our ongoing effort to improve the HCSG employee experience. If you have any additional concerns, feel free to contact a member of our HR department by calling 800-363-4274.

comfortability depends on kitchen manager
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMarch 10, 2019
my experience wasn’t great, kitchen manager didn’t know what they were doing. didn’t properly communicate scheduling with staff members and often confused one person for another
Pros
early schedule
Cons
no breaks
Worst job ever
Cook (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MEMarch 8, 2019
Sedgewood in Falmouth MEwas a disgusting disorganized mess, abuse of patients and staff are rampant. Patients served left overs and cheap quality food
Pros
Cons
Too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight