Healthcare Services Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,366 reviews matching the search See all 1,374 reviews
Terrible management
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 13, 2018
Management had no clue what they was doing, would constantly send corporate people due to low staff. Corporate people caused a bunch of drama causing the last three day shift employees to quit. Also I worked every day no break or lunch break for two months.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Terrible management/ dosent care for employees
RD's beware
Regional Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2018
This company sells you a bill of goods which sounds great. However, it isn't reality. The salary is low and benefits are expensive. They put you in facilities and you're on your own to figure it out. The expectations are unrealistic. The staff is suspicious of you and don't want you there. You rarely get everything you need from the facility to do the job properly. The poor CDM's are so overwhelmed with paperwork, they don't have time to help. Their food budget is disgraceful and all the district managers care about is the almighty dollar. I would NEVER allow a loved one to be in one of their buildings. The RD is constantly fielding food complaints that you can't fix. Even though you are salary, you clock in and out. The job is meant for an entry level RD to gain some experience until they move on, that's why there are always job openings. This is not what I spent years of my life studying for.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Everything else
Do not work here
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCJuly 12, 2018
They went through 4 Mangers before i left. Each one worse then the previous. The other co workers never picked up the slack so was always buried with work to do.
Pros
Cons
everything
Not for me
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJuly 12, 2018
All the reviews are correct, you are basically on call 24/7. Pay is not cooperative with responsibility. Staffing is the main struggle but the only thing the company can do about that is offer better wages, which sometimes they do so I can't completely diss them there. I don't feel I am above it, but I definitely get a thought that I didn't get a college degree to scrub toilets as I'm filling in for a housekeeper who didn't show up or quits without notice. This is what most of your time will be spent doing. And when things finally start to go smoothly, corporate decides to add on more daily paperwork.

On the plus side, there is room for advancement, however unless you can get your building properly staffed so that you can step away for a day or two to get seen by other administrators or corporate managers don't plan on any promotions. Also on the positive, you are given some free reign over your account (building). You basically run the show most of the time with a couple visits from you district manager each month.
Pros
some freedom
Cons
pay, benefits (or lack thereof), work/life balance
A Professional Management Company
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 12, 2018
Healthcare Services Group focuses on their managers and the ability to advance. Front-line staff members are low wage employees with basic education. Managers are vital in making sure that operations work and thus the company. As a district manager it has been very satisfying to see facility managers succeed, as did I.

This is a very good company to work for.
Poor management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 10, 2018
This is the worst company to work for. The manager is verbally abusive. They cannot keep workers. It's horrible.I work 6 days a week and run the team. The manager is never there and has physically layed hands on workers.I would never recommend this place of work to anyone.
Pros
Freelunch
Account Manager
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 10, 2018
It was a great job all the information need was at your finger-tips.• Directs the daily activities for housekeepers/ Laundry staff
• Staffs, directs, and develops personnel to ensure that operational activities are carried out efficiently and effectively IAW State and Federal laws.
• Ensure company standards are met in compliance with janitorial operations and servicing contractual obligations to customers within specified budget of labor and expense.
• Contacts customers to ensure services meet service contract requirements and ensure customer retention.
• Work consistently toward securing contacts.
• Assists in preparation of billing amount and invoice backup requirements according to the company’s specifications.
• Responsible for reporting of accidents involving personnel, and property damage.
• Implements a safety program in accordance with company’s policy on-line education on proper usage of chemicals and supplies reducing liability and worker injury.
• Maintains/monitors work area reports on performance statistics, inventories, problem areas and related information.
• Conducts ongoing quality assurance evaluations/checks of work areas.
• Supervises, motivates, disciplines, and evaluates staff.
• Monitors equipment/supply use inventories.
• Participates in ongoing supervisory skill development as well as maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of current technical practices used by the company.
• Provides hands-on-cleaning as required.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Maintained accountability and forecasting orders of: Chemicals, Linens, and Cleaning
  more... Supplies to corporate monthly.
• Conducted interviews, setup workshops to maintain work force within our district.
Pros
Company works with it's Account Managers
Cons
not enough enployees, Buget isn't big enough
They suck
Cook (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 8, 2018
Worked there for 2 yrs had to beg for vacation time never got a raise always had to do 3 jobs instead of just mine always a stressful environment no appreciation for goin the extra mile
No incentives, no benifits, lazy management
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHJuly 7, 2018
This company offers nothing! Everything is about the budget. They make all these plans on paper, but nothing gets completed. Constantly covering call offs, always short staffed. MIT'S COME in clueless, while your boss sits in the office all day. We run so low on supplies, we should clean with water!! If the clients really checked into this company, they'd probably go with another company. I would not recommend HCSG.
Cons
To low pay to much stress
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHJuly 6, 2018
This company lies from the start, expects way to much of you for very little money.work every holiday.managment lazy.no paid vacation for a year.bad job
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Working Here
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 5, 2018
There is a lot of work that takes place on a daily. You have to deal with 30 or more residents a day including family members and doctors .Be aware...
If you're desperate for a job this is the place for you
Assisntant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2018
Management has no idea what they're doing, I had to train and retrain both manager and employees. Management including account manger and district manager choose favorites and if you're not one of the favorites expect not to get your raise, you're hours will be cut back to 2-3 days a week, you will be loaded with tons and tons of tasks to complete by the end of your work day and everything you do will be wrong.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Management lacks any if all sense of leadership, low pay and 2-3 days of work, no benefits, management has no idea what theyre doing.
This was a horrible place to work the kitchen manager wasn't very organized confused about her position.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Yellow Springs, OHJuly 5, 2018
I know Healthcare Group services is a contract company that works inside nursing facilities. The one I worked at in Yellow Springs I wouldn't advise my dog to work there very horrible place. My pay was always messed up I had to wait for payroll to get corrected was just horrible.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Payroll was always messed up very unorganized company
Minimum work life balance
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJuly 3, 2018
Healthcare Service Group Inc did not provide a work life balance. Which created a stressful work environment that carried over into home life. Pay rate that was offered did not reflect the amount of work done. Underpaid.
You manage your own location
ACCOUNT MANAGER (EVS) (Current Employee) –  Los angelesJuly 2, 2018
Work with client and make your own work schedule. Stay current with payroll hours and manage orders of supplies. Hiring, scheduling and check on your employees job is performed. Schedule overnight shifts for waxing hallways and other projects.
Stressful
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 2, 2018
Not a place for advancement or career orientated. Too stressful and not enough pay. Didn't offer any benefits. Hours were horrible. They were biased and choose who they wanted to get descent hours
I look working there to a certain extent
Carrington Place Of Baton Rouge (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 30, 2018
Working for Health care services is a mountain to climb because they don't pay much for a lot of work to do and if you don't know how to be certain position u will be messed up
Pros
It's a laid back job if you know your job routine
Cons
They don't pay much it's a lot of work for little money
Would Not Recommend
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 30, 2018
Expects you to be on call 365 days of the year for a 30-33k salary. The expectations are always disproportionate to the resources that are available. The company markets itself as QUALITY, which was the primary reason that I work for HCSG. However, the company constantly squeezes budget (time and resources) to the point of near non-existence. Eventually, someone will learn the very basic business principle that LESS is LESS. If the budgets are too tight for profitability, then contracts should be renegotiated accordingly.

If I were a customer of HCSG, I would be very happy knowing that the VALUE overall I receive is high. If you want the top quality, however, you need to CONSTANTLY withstand pressure from superiors to make cuts.
Cons
Work nearly every weekend
a good place to learn
Dietary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 29, 2018
the company really offer great opportunities for those who needs their foot in the door, however, I think if the company was not so cheap people will actually be willing to be loyal to work for them. I enjoyed working for them, however, I think the benefits they give could be better.
Horrible
Director of Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 27, 2018
HCSG is the worst company they set you up for failure and they use their positions to intimidate you and threaten your job you have no quality of life with your family and nothing you do is ever good enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight