Healthcare Services Group
51Below average
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Healthcare Services Group Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA9 reviews
They are not being managed properly and they don’t have any chance for advancement in the company. Work starts off nice then feels like a chore and you want to quit.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, etc.
Good place if itsbyiur first job. You can learn to be a team player and tolerance for customer service. The supervisor and manager I work for are a good team and work with the employees. Upper management is a hassle.
March 12, 2020
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us. Every comment we receive on our Indeed page is thoroughly reviewed and taken into consideration. If you have additional ideas on how we can improve, please contact our HR team at 800-363-4274.
This is a good company to work for if you want a entry level position. They also need a retirement plan for management. You will learn alot working for them.
we learned different types of things we were in groups sometimes we would work by our self. the people there were nice and helpful with everything we did.
September 23, 2019
We are pleased to hear that your time at HCSG so far has been a positive one! In our ongoing effort to provide every employee with an incredible career journey, we are excited to hear that we’ve been successful!
I worked for HSG for 16 months. I was transferred to a property that needed an ADM and took a pay cut. I began ordering food for the Hospital dietary department and within 3 months we made budget for the first time in 22 months. The regional manager was shocked and informed the District manager, my direct boss at HSG, that I was no longer allowed to order the food. I was ask to help out another property that HSG was biding on for the contract. It was the friend of the District manager and they had worked together at a previous property. I was their for 10 days and nailed all the tasked needed. Meet/Greet new resident discussing dietary needs, welcome basket, and ensuring them that we are here to help them get better. HSG was informed that we had been awarded the $2,5 million/yr contract for the next 5 years due in part because of the dietary managers attention to details and interaction with the residents.The District manager thanked me for doing a great job, I was excited and hopeful that I would be able to continue managing the property. 4 weeks later i was transferred to another property and fired because I didn't finish resident clinical's which I was not certified to complete. My District manager was also fired on some trumped up paper work that the Regional manger was responsible for and forgot to submit. UPPER MANAGEMENT fails to take care of there mangers and is only concerned about the profit margin and ignores the real staff in the trenches that go above and beyond there job assignments ensuring residents are cared for. HSG use the mangers of properties to get what - more...
Pros
working with residents
Cons
Extremely poor upper management concerned only about profit and not employees
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
The problems with this company are vast, but can be overcome. It starts from the top. Poor management on the Regional and District levels has led to a mass exodus of center level account managers (at least in my region). There is very little training. The compensation is far below what is asked of you. The executive levels of this company do not seem to understand you get what you give and will not invest in good employees. Simply put, if HCSG is unwilling to invest in people, who will invest their time and energy into the company?

HCSG is at a crossroads. It bit off more than it can chew aquiring Genesis Healthcares dietary department. The company is unprepared and disorganized. Everything is done on the cheap. All systems are archaic at best. District and Regional management are reactive rather than proactive, leading to numerous issues that could have been avoided. There is no foresight or anticipation of problems before they arise.

On a center level if you are a good manager with a receptive staff, the work isn't hard. Overwhelming when short staffed, but not hard. Recruitment is difficult as there is very little appeal to work for this company. You will not be receiving state-of-the-art training. At best, you get a brief understanding of the job and have to figure it out from there.

If the company as a whole begins to really invest in quality workers, decent training and support it can only go up from here. As it stands currently, all the Account managers I've spoken in recent weeks feel like rats on a sinking ship.
Pros
At least you aren't unemployed
Cons
Lack of support, poor retention rates, terrible recruitment process, work/life balance, low pay, little to no training
December 3, 2018
Thank you for your ideas. We consider all suggestions left on our Indeed page. If you have additional comments, please contact our HR department at 800-363-4274.
come in check my time clock make sure no one is going over their time check voice mail make sure no one called out walk the building to check all common areas
Pros
free lunch
Cons
salary was never met
Here i was able to take the skills of cooking from home and bring them into the kitchen of a nursing home. It was very important to me that just cause you were there didn't mean you couldn't enjoy great tasting food.
Pros
Being able to cook amazing food to serve to the patients who reside in the nursing home
Cons
Not being able to be as hands on as i would of liked.
my typical day at work is taking out trash first and a good sweep and vacuum around the building, buffing floors and maintaining a clean environment.
I've learn much about striping and waxing floors and a lot about politics at work.

Most of the management is great and the coworkers too

the hardest part of my day is my drive home going from woodbridge to Mclean can be stressful but when I get home is when I enjoy my day
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
job advancement